╌>

Peebles Complaint

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  one month ago  •  33 comments

Peebles Complaint
"I have expressed concern that I think that this is a very slippery slope to selectively enforce an archaic law that has got no victim," Peebles said on "Your World," adding James should allow Trump to continue the appeals process unimpeded if she is confident in her case.

Link to quote: Former Obama fundraiser calls Trump's fine 'so wrong,' attempt to inflict 'pain' before NY loses in appeal | Fox News

Today I am posting what I consider a secondary news story. Last night one of my friends here posted what I consider to be a major story as it happened. I will contribute to that rather than try to take away from his excellent post, otherwise the story today would have been "Barbarians at the gate."

For now, I am going to focus on a progressive with a modicum of integrity. A very rare quality when it comes to people on the left. Don Peebles is a progressive democrat who was a big donor to Barack Obama. Peebles was also a big supporter of the radical activist Letitia James. He has a very low opinion of Donald Trump, but he does seem to have a sense of fair play and some respect for equal treatment under the law. In New York Donald Trump has been convicted of fraud in which nobody was defrauded under a law that was used only for Donald Trump.

I have to give him credit for speaking truth to power:

"I have expressed concern that I think that this is a very slippery slope to selectively enforce an archaic law that has got no victim," Peebles said on " Your World ," adding James should allow Trump to continue the appeals process unimpeded if she is confident in her case.

Peebles also said the bond has nothing to do with whether Trump is a flight risk, but more so a guarantee of sorts the state of New York is able to damage Trump while it has the chance.

"I think they are confident, or think it's likely that this will get reversed, and then there will be no punishment," he said.

Former Obama fundraiser calls Trump's fine 'so wrong,' attempt to inflict 'pain' before NY loses in appeal | Fox News

As we enter the weekend before Letitia James confiscates Donald Trump's iconic possessions and offers them up for sale at bargain basement prices, there has been no block or stay imposed on the process by any Federal Judge, no outrage by legal experts or law professors. The lone voice is that of a supporter of James and Obama. The only adult in the room.

In other news:

A mob of single male migrants stormed a portion of the southern border assaulting and injuring National Guardsmen.

House Speaker Mike Johnson said he would invite Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of congress. The Speaker has agreed in principle to a $1.2 trillion spending bill, that will avert a government shutdown, WITHOUT SECURING OUR SOUTHERN BORDER.

The Justice Department sued Apple and accused it of violating anti-Trust laws.

No Labels, the centrist group that has pledged to run a third-party presidential campaign, has once again lost its candidate. (Gee, I wonder why? / S)

Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey, who faces federal bribery charges, said he wouldn’t seek re-election as a Democrat.

Congress aims to pass a bill today to fund the government through September. (Business as usual)

Sixteen Republican-led states sued the Biden administration for  its decision to stop approving permits for new natural gas terminals.

Surgeons in Boston transplanted a genetically engineered pig kidney into a patient. Doctors hope the procedure will someday make dialysis obsolete.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

TGIF

GJQrFU2WAAA1VcC?format=jpg&name=small

The latest from the border:

A Texas law enforcement source told Fox News the group consisted of over 300 illegal immigrants, and about 100 adult males rushed the soldiers, and one has been arrested so far for assaulting a soldier. The melee began when one family unit was allowed through. The source said that more arrests are likely coming for destruction of property and assault.

Illegal immigrants storm US border in El Paso, knock over guards amid standoff over Texas law | Fox News

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    one month ago

Because we know some will refuse to look it up:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1    one month ago

They won't even mention it here.

They only have memes and slurs and answer to little dictators.

Did you catch their Morning Joe?  He is angry that the media is covering it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    one month ago
They won't even mention it here.
They only have memes and slurs and answer to little dictators.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Did you catch their Morning Joe?

I was out of the house long before that aired.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.2    one month ago

He held up the New York Post headline on the violence at the border:

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1    one month ago

That, my friend, has the characteristics of an invasion and should be dealt with accordingly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.4    one month ago

Morning Joe says it is all Trump's fault!!!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    one month ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.6    one month ago

It is hard to have a decent breakfast with Morning Joe on, him and the co-host he dumped his wife for, and she dumped her husband for him. They never forgave Trump for dissing them when they went to visit him. And with all that plastic surgery Joe still doesn't look like Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper!  LMAO!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

Did anybody catch Jessica Tarlov's retraction for lying on yesterday's show, claiming Trump's Super PAC is funding Tony Bobulinski's legal fees. Bobulinki's lawyers immediately contacted Fox News.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

Happening Now: Letitia James has submitted paperwork to begin seizing Trumps assets to cover the ridiculous $454 million judgement against him.

Trump has until Monday to either get an extension from the appeals court or post the bond.

GJN7zPcWEAANWvD?format=jpg&name=small  

Lavrenti Beria eat your heart out!

og-lavrentiy-beria-35111.jpg

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    one month ago

A weird question that came to me last night, but then again that's when I excel at weird thoughts.

What if, Trump is not able to secure the bond(s) by Monday and James immediately starts the process to seize property. The judge is quick to agree, James files the paperwork and does seize property and puts it up for immediate sale, and lets say it does sell quickly but at pennies on the dollar. Later Trump is able to successfully appeal the judgement. He's not able to reclaim the property as it's already been sold but his case is tossed out as a failure. 

Is Trump able to recoup his losses in property after the fact or is it just gone? With the case tossed out, would he be able to receive money from New York for his stated value of the property? After all, the court case stated that he over-inflated values and if the court case is thrown out wouldn't that mean he is vindicated in that matter?

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the answer to that question. And to be honest I don't expect to get an honest answer on this here as each side is too engrossed in their own partisanship to provide a fair and unbiased answer. This is something that would be hashed out for years in court I expect. Just something that popped into my mind.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @3.1    one month ago
What if, Trump is not able to secure the bond(s) by Monday and James immediately starts the process to seize property. The judge is quick to agree, James files the paperwork and does seize property and puts it up for immediate sale, and lets say it does sell quickly but at pennies on the dollar. Later Trump is able to successfully appeal the judgement. He's not able to reclaim the property as it's already been sold but his case is tossed out as a failure.  Is Trump able to recoup his losses in property after the fact or is it just gone?

No, it is gone.

After all, the court case stated that he over-inflated values and if the court case is thrown out wouldn't that mean he is vindicated in that matter?

He would be vindicated, but James & the left would have taken their pound of flesh.

There is one other consequence. If all of the above happens, I firmly believe Donald Trump will easily be elected President.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the answer to that question. And to be honest I don't expect to get an honest answer on this here as each side is too engrossed in their own partisanship to provide a fair and unbiased answer. This is something that would be hashed out for years in court I expect. Just something that popped into my mind.

If it all plays out that way, it will be devastating to the nation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

REPORTER: "Why haven't you called or moved to expel Senator Menendez?"

CHUCK SCHUMER: "We're deeply disappointed in him."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

THROUGH HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK, I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH, A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WHICH I INTENDED TO USE IN MY CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT. THE OFTEN OVERTURNED POLITICAL HACK JUDGE ON THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT A.G. CASE, WHERE I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG, KNEW THIS, WANTED TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME, AND THAT’S WHERE AND WHY HE CAME UP WITH THE SHOCKING NUMBER WHICH, COUPLED WITH HIS CRAZY INTEREST DEMAND, IS APPROXIMATELY $454,000,000.

I DID NOTHING WRONG EXCEPT WIN AN ELECTION IN 2016 THAT I WASN’T EXPECTED TO WIN, DID EVEN BETTER IN 2020, AND NOW LEAD, BY A LOT, IN 2024.THIS IS COMMUNISM IN AMERICA!

Donald Trump Truth Social 06:14 AM EST 3/22/24

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    one month ago
I DID NOTHING WRONG EXCEPT WIN AN ELECTION IN 2016 THAT I WASN’T EXPECTED TO WIN

And that win has spawned more fiction that any writer could ever imagine to put to paper.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    one month ago

Future generations will be so ashamed of all of it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

GJBzn7MWYAA6Gss?format=jpg&name=small

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    one month ago

It's hilarious that the hypocrites who, for the past years, have been blathering endlessly that "Trump's a serial liar" turn around and try to tell everybody that he's telling the truth.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1    one month ago

It has been a bitter pill for them!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

Democrat Rep. Danny Davis : "It's difficult for me to understand why some people will not give [Biden] credit for the tremendous leadership he has provided!"

cad40486-2e68-49fb-b444-62fa4ddcd4b7-AP_1305170910.jpg?crop=5183,2915,x1,y89&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    one month ago

GJOZaSiXYAE-wGr?format=jpg&name=small

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    one month ago

Ok, this one I don't understand. Would love for him (or anyone) to explain how illegal migrants (yeah, I know, not supposed to call them that. Oh well) are killing Social Security and Medicare. I don't know that they can access either system so how are they doing any damage? Social Security and Medicare are having serious issues, but the problem is twofold in that the number of people drawing on the system continues to grow and Washington refuses to do anything to help change those systems to better support the changes. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @8.1    one month ago

I think It’s a second order effect.  The programs are heading towards insolvency and money that could be used to buttress them will be spent on illegals, which are costing billions.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    one month ago

Ok, maybe that's it. But AFAIK both programs are still self-supporting. Wouldn't the underlying programs need congressional modifications to come from the general fund instead of their own taxes? I mean, we're already on a path for a 22-25% cut in benefits when the Social Security trust fund runs dry (around 2033) and will only bring in enough in taxes to fund approx 75% of the payouts. 

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    one month ago
In New York Donald Trump has been convicted of fraud in which nobody was defrauded under a law that was used only for Donald Trump.

Stop whining. And for the love of blackness stop selectively putting a black face 'on' to try to explain affirmative action for Donald Trump! The law he has lost to is a law that could be enforced in civil court and thus it has been. Deal with it. Growth and development is called for in this case.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.1  Ronin2  replied to  CB @9    one month ago

Shows you didn't follow the damn case. The judge undervalued Trump's properties by millions of dollars.

l

That is what happens when you allow a judge that has no damn knowledge in real estate to preside.

Same fascist judge that refused a jury trial on the case.

Funny he claims no punitive damages were to be awarded; but a $454 million dollar fucking fine? Seems his know of the word punitive is as great as his knowledge of real estate.

Lawfare is the new norm for Democrats/Leftists. Disagree with them and the government will be turned against you at every level.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.1  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @9.1    one month ago

I have no idea about what you are going on about! Nor am I a New York state judge and I am not fluent in New York law; I can only tell you what is being written out of the court. If you/MAGAs have a case. . . take it to court. . . otherwise, you/MAGAs won't be heard. At least, Donald is there—in court. Give your 'evidence' of how he can win this to him or his attorneys. I will read about it through what is published after you/MAGAs have done so.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Ronin2 @9.1    one month ago

"Lawfare" -- the new word of the week for reactionary propagandists.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.3  CB  replied to  Gsquared @9.1.2    one month ago

I noticed this too. I will give the GOP/MAGAs (and Fox News) props for always finding new ways to talk about dividing America.

Just look at the MAGA party as it tosses out (retires and ends careers of) its own congress-people right now. 

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    one month ago

As far as Mr. Peebles goes (see article and article photo), if he has a complain about rules and laws. . . he should go to court and testify to it. The court of public opinion is out on this one as a legal undertaking is about to be executed barring some last minute change. 

Oh and the business real estate market may being feeling a 'dark cloud' developing overhead—especially in New York State (and other states) once records are looked into for related over-valuations and fraudulent activities.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11  A. Macarthur    one month ago

The U.S. economy functions on the availability of credit. The foundation of credit is trust . If we were to follow the Trump business model, the economy would implode.

New York Attorney General   Letitia James   (D) has contended Deutsche Bank lost out on almost $170 million in interest because of Trump’s false assertions.

While a major bank does not make for the most sympathetic victim in the eyes of the public, it is plainly true that any state — and especially New York — has an interest in maintaining the basic integrity of its economic system.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
11.1  Gsquared  replied to  A. Macarthur @11    one month ago
basic integrity

Something entirely lacking in Trump world.