╌>

THE WAR AT STANFORD

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  one month ago  •  18 comments

By:   Theo Baker

THE WAR AT STANFORD
I didn’t know that college would be a factory of unreason.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of the section leaders for my computer-science class, Hamza El Boudali, believes that President Joe Biden should be killed. “I’m not calling for a civilian to do it, but I think a military should,” the 23-year-old Stanford University student told a small group of protesters last month. “I’d be happy if Biden was dead.”

He thinks that Stanford is complicit in what he calls the genocide of Palestinians, and that Biden is not only complicit but responsible for it.  “I’m not calling for a vigilante to do it,” he later clarified, “but I’m saying he is guilty of mass murder and should be treated in the same way that a terrorist with darker skin would be (and we all know terrorists with dark skin are typically bombed and drone striked by American planes).

” El Boudali has also said that he believes that Hamas’s October 7 attack was a justifiable act of resistance, and that he would actually prefer Hamas rule America in place of its current government (though he clarified later that he “doesn’t mean Hamas is perfect”). When you ask him what his cause is, he answers: “Peace.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

One of the section leaders for my computer-science class, Hamza El Boudali, believes that President Joe Biden should be killed. “I’m not calling for a civilian to do it, but I think a military should,” the 23-year-old Stanford University student told a small group of protesters last month. “I’d be happy if Biden was dead.”

Few students would call for Biden’s head—I think—but many of the same young people who say they want peace in Gaza don’t seem to realize that they are in fact advocating for violence.

Extremism has swept through classrooms and dorms, and it is becoming normal for students to be harassed and intimidated for their faith, heritage, or appearance—they have been called perpetrators of genocide for wearing kippahs, and accused of supporting terrorism for wearing keffiyehs.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

He thinks that Stanford is complicit in what he calls the genocide of Palestinians, and that Biden is not only complicit but responsible for it.  

“I’m not calling for a vigilante to do it,” he later clarified, “but I’m saying he is guilty of mass murder and should be treated in the same way that a terrorist with darker skin would be (and we all know terrorists with dark skin are typically bombed and drone striked by American planes).

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @2    one month ago

I wonder how he thinks Gazans will fare if Trump is elected?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1    one month ago

The Palestinians are fucked no matter who sits in the White House.

If Brandon truly wanted to make the Israelis stop he would instantly cut off all aid and arms shipments to them. He would also VETO the current massive spending package heading to his desk and demand Congress take out all aid to Israel.

Instead he is talking about a pipe dream of building a massive temporary port in Gaza to get aid directly to the Gazans. 

1. Israel controls those waters. If their navy decides not to allow any ships into Gaza is Brandon willing to use the US Navy for force the issue? History has shown Israel doesn't care about firing on US ships. Boarding ships in international waters. And confiscating and destroying cargo.
  2. If this port gets built- if Israel cooperates- will it be done in time to even help the Gazans?
  3. Who is going to distribute this aid into a war zone? It is going to take time to set up the logistics, safe corridors for passage, depots to drop off and distribute aid, and the security needed. Neither side will think twice about firing into aid convoys. Both sides will blame the other for any casualties. 

Brandon talks tough (Israel already knows he is lying); but he is just trying to appease his radical base. It is is going to be a very tight election. He can't have the radicals he relies on staying home like they did for Hillary in 2016. (The Dems screwing over Bernie Sanders in the primaries did that).

His only hope is continue lying and Israel ends the fighting before the pressure for him to actually do something becomes too great. 

As for Trump, or any Republican President for that matter, Israel will get the full support of the US so long as they are fighting for self defense. Trump's definition of "self defense" is so broad that Israel will be free to do preemptive attacks other countries at will. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    one month ago
is only hope is continue lying and Israel ends the fighting before the pressure for him to actually do something becomes too great.  As for Trump, or any Republican President for that matter, Israel will get the full support of the US so long as they are fighting for self defense. Trump's definition of "self defense" is so broad that Israel will be free to do preemptive attacks other countries at will. 

What would you have recommended Israel do after the October 7th attack?

(I'm assuming that you know what actually happened on Oct. 7 . . . ???) 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    one month ago

I wonder if you've ever realized that by using the word "Brandon" it makes it kind of difficult for any intelligent person to take anything you say seriously. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    one month ago

And I think he needs to be booted out of America, but after all - The First Amendment.  However, isn't openly calling for the assassination of the POTUS a criminal offence?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

” El Boudali has also said that he believes that Hamas’s October 7 attack was a justifiable act of resistance, and that he would actually prefer Hamas rule America in place of its current government (though he clarified later that he “doesn’t mean Hamas is perfect”). When you ask him what his cause is, he answers: “Peace.”

Hey peace is good-- can't argue with that!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    one month ago

Yeah, "Peace".  A big peace of Israel being added to the West Bank and the rest added to Gaze.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     one month ago

If Hamas ruled the US like he prefers there would be no Stanford. He doesn't seem to be a critical thinker.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @4    one month ago
If Hamas ruled the US like he prefers there would be no Stanford. He doesn't seem to be a critical thinker

Of course he's a critical thinker! 

He's critical of president Biden...in fact he wants him to be "un-alived"!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @4    one month ago
If Hamas ruled the US like he prefers there would be no Stanford

And what if Hamas ruled Gaza?

(Although until they defeat the Israelis that seems highly unlikely)

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @4.2    one month ago
And what if Hamas ruled Gaza?

We are seeing the answer currently.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Krishna @4.2    one month ago

They have for almost 20 years. The result is poverty and death.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @4    one month ago

He goes to an Ivy League college, of course he doesn’t have critical thinking skills. The only one of those schools I respect is MIT. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    one month ago

He should be deported

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    one month ago

Of course.  I wrote my opinion about that before I read yours so we're in agreement about that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    one month ago
One of the section leaders for my computer-science class, Hamza El Boudali, believes that President Joe Biden should be killed.

Try saying that about any leader of Hamas and see how it goes for you.