╌>

The world's shortest IQ test will reveal how average your intelligence is in 3 questions

Category:  Other

By:  john-russell  •  one month ago  •  6 comments

The world's shortest IQ test will reveal how average your intelligence is in 3 questions

I Q tests offer a formula that allows you to compare yourself to other people and see how average (or above average) your intelligence is.

The Cognitive Reflection Test ( CRT ) is dubbed the world’s shortest IQ test because it consists of just three questions. It assesses your ability to identify that a simple problem can actually be harder than it first appears. The quicker you do this, the more intelligent you appear to be.

Here are the three questions:

1. A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    one month ago

this doesnt give you an IQ, it tells how you compare to others, including a group of MIT students. 

I will tell you this, only 17% of people got all three right and only half the MIT students got all three right. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    one month ago

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4  cjcold    one month ago

This is a test designed for grade schoolers.

I remember them from the Iowa Basics.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  cjcold @4    one month ago

The article says only 17 percent of people got all three right.  

I dont think the intention is for people spend a lot of time on it.  You have to get them pretty quickly. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    one month ago
only 17 percent of people

Sad reflection on our fellow folk.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5  Freefaller    one month ago

Been seeing this test bouncing around the internet for years, it's actually pretty easy if you slow down and think about the questions