╌>

From battleground Wisconsin to the friendly confines of ABC, it is the Biden Hail Mary pass.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  80 comments

From battleground Wisconsin to the friendly confines of ABC, it is the Biden Hail Mary pass.
"Biden is a good man and has served his country admirably, but the stakes are far too high," Disney, a longtime Democratic donor, told the outlet. "If Biden does not step down, the Democrats will lose. Of that, I am absolutely certain. The consequences for the loss will be genuinely dire."

Today is an important day for the floundering Biden campaign. At 2:45 PM EST today Joe Biden will hold a campaign "rally" in Madison, Wisconsin. He is now facing a cutoff in funds from certain donors such as Disney heiress Abigail Disney, who told CNBC she is ending Democratic donations until Biden ends his 2024 bid. He is also hearing calls to step aside by many of the ideologically driven media organizations who not long ago covered for him. Wisconsin officials including Democratic Gov. Tony Evers, U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan and the state party chair, Ben Wikler, will speak. Notably, Sen. Tammy Baldwin, who is running for reelection in one of the more critical races for Senate control this year, will be elsewhere.

After the so-called "rally" in the key state he now figures to lose, he is scheduled to do an interview with the most partisan media personality who ever lived: George Stephanopoulos. The same Stephanopoulos who attacks every Republican guest willing to come on ABC's This Week. The same Stephanopoulos who worked for the Clintons and helped form the war room to “to destroy any woman that would challenge Bill Clinton" as one of the Clinton attorneys described it. Those he sought to destroy included Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers. Without a doubt Stephanopoulos was the most affectionate democrat supporter the Biden campaign could find.

If you don't catch the taped interview tonight at 8PM, ABC said it would also make an edited transcript of the interview available Friday.

It should be an interesting day. I will follow the events and unfortunately, this being a Friday of Fourth of July week, most of the American people won't be paying attention, so Biden's Hail Mary pass may not be the final chapter in the Biden 2024 campaign.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good afternoon.

GRvEsBrbMAAwVC7?format=jpg&name=small

Just another day in the life of Joe Biden and the American left.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

"No holds" debate. . .meaning is lost on us.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1    2 months ago

That means you get to blow some air at your mummified opponent and watch him fall over.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1    2 months ago
meaning is lost on us.

I'd venture to bet there is more than the meaning of that that is lost on the left.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.2    2 months ago

Abigail Disney tried to explain it to them.

I think Joe just arrived in Wisconsin

FtKO6Z1XoAIxTvY?format=jpg&name=small
I assume he will be well fortified

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 months ago

That comment is rather immature. I am not sure of what I expected to learn about the meme . . . but that was not it, I'm sure.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.4    2 months ago

Today should be a learning experience for all of us.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.2    2 months ago

Well, if there is really nothing to add. . . . don't.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 months ago

Wow. A fake AI image I suspect. I thought AI imaging was charged with not being overtly political.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.8  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 months ago

Maybe-just maybe, it will 'help' the commenting. . . . 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.7    2 months ago
I thought AI imaging was charged with not being overtly political.

Really?  And what are tech people?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.8    2 months ago

I doubt it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.6    2 months ago

And yet here you are.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @1.1.8    2 months ago

[deleted][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.4    2 months ago

Nothing new there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

It's supposed to be 'no holds barred'

He's such a fucking moron

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.2.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 months ago

“He's such a fucking moron…”

….but it checks all the ‘blocks’ er….boxes. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 months ago
It's supposed to be 'no holds barred'

.Extended edition:  . . 'falls count anywhere in the building!

(I used to love me some WWF/WWE announcer: Good ole, JR!)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The moral of the story for democrats is YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO FINISH WHAT YOU START

aHR0cDovL2NsLmltZ2hvc3RzLmNvbS9pbWdoL2ltYWdlL2ZldGNoL2FyXzM6MixjX2ZpbGwsZV9zaGFycGVuOjEwMCxmX2pwZyxnX2ZhY2VzOmF1dG8scV9hdXRvOmdvb2Qsd18xMDIwL2h0dHA6Ly9pbWdob3N0cy5jb20vdC8yMDI0LTA3LzY4MjM0NS9kMTFhNDEyNGUwNTQ1ZWZlYTI3OWVkOWQ5MDkyYTExMS5qcGc.webp?v=1720197591-U4LLIhSMtAp6O28lRqbQYdjZ_i-aS_cLtq9pe9WVBVk

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Georgie boy doing this interview is like trump running to  whoever the most trumpy anchor of newsmax is for a softball interview,  He’s spent his entire adult life working to push democratic talking points since he was a  paid liar for Clinton.  

this is just a free commercial for Biden. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 months ago

LMAO. I can't wait to see it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 months ago

Sean seriously what planet do you live on? Trump doesn't do interviews with anyone but soft friendly interviewers on right wing shows.                                       Will you stop making these completely disingenuous comments

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 months ago
? Trump doesn't do interviews with anyone but soft friendly interviewers on right wing shows.   

Lol.  when he does, progressives whine about "platforming him"

But sure, go head and count up all the interviews with left wing media , unscripted press conferences etc Trump participated in as President and compare it to Biden. 

Of all the gaslighting nonsense from the left, pretending that Trump hid from the media like Biden does  is about the top of the list. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 months ago

That's not true. Trump has on many occasions been interviewed by the lefties, he relishes destroying and embarrassing them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.1    2 months ago

No cigar. Prior to the 2020 election Trump could be us his way through a lot of that stuff even with the mainstream media because he was the president and they have to pay him a certain amount of difference. Since the 2020 election he isn't done any one-on-one interviews with any other news source then right wing shows podcasts Etc

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    2 months ago

He had one interview about 6 months ago with Kristen Welker and when she asked him about what he was doing on the afternoon of January 6th he refused to answer her. that in and of itself disqualifies him to be president of the United States He also had the town hall with CNN where he lied a mile a minute and the poor woman trying to question him couldn't keep up with it and that was in front of an entirely hand-picked Pro Trump crowd just stop with this s***

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    2 months ago

Name them

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    2 months ago
ff even with the mainstream media because he was the president and they have to pay him a certain amount of difference.

Yet Biden refuses to do unscripted press conferences, interviews with media that aren't safely left wing etc.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    2 months ago
he relishes destroying and embarrassing them.

Which that retard has never, EVER, done. Trump has the IQ of a fucking turnip. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.6    2 months ago

Yet Biden refuses to do unscripted press conferences, interviews with media that aren't safely left wing etc.

So? Trump went over two years without a presser. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    2 months ago

As does his audience relish watching him do it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.10  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.7    2 months ago

I hear turnips have a higher IQ than that glass of water that democrats can barely beat in their districts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 months ago

They have to cover for Biden and try to deflect any criticism of his poor debate performance.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The Biden campaign supposedly riding on a single interview.

Behind the scenes it is Obama vs Jill Biden.

How will it all end?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 months ago
How will it all end?

I imagine they are hoping it ends well.  If Joey steps down what are the Democrats going to do with all those pre-completed ballots?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 months ago

And all those committed super delegates?

It will not be easy. Whatever they do will upset various democrat factions. Karl Rove was just on Fox with his little white board. He showed that right now over 50% of Republicans are highly energized about voting and about 37% of democrats feel highly energized.

They need something big this afternoon.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago
over 50% of Republicans are highly energized about voting and about 37% of democrats feel highly energized

Given the presumed candidates that makes sense.  Although I can't understand, for the life of me, why the Democrats are still in double digits. 

They need something big this afternoon.

After the debate and 3 years of floundering around, I don't see that happening.  

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.3  GregTx  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.2    2 months ago
Although I can't understand, for the life of me, why the Democrats are still in double digits.

Given the CNN poll after the debate, obviously 33% of them are cognitively challenged themselves...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.2    2 months ago
I don't see that happening.  

He at least had the SNL audience there cheering on his every word even when he said he would win the 2020 election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Evidently all the non right wingers on the site are fed up with this columns daily horse crap and are refusing to comment here

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

I should say almost all the non right Wingers aren't commenting. CB likes to get into it

GregTx
Professor Guide
5.1.1  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

LOL, no questions though...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

I see.

GregTx
Professor Guide
5.2  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

That's a shame...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

And yet here you are by your own volition.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago

[deleted][]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @5.4    2 months ago

I'm laying in a hospital bed and I'm bored

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

Gee, I hope it's nothing serious

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.4.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

I hope you are released soon.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.4.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

Sorry to see that. Hope you feel better soon. 

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.5  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

JR, do get well. Best wishes to you. Going to the doctor is one thing, being in a hospital bed . . .is "two." I have been thinking of you more recently as your commenting had become shall we say a bit 'scattered.' And yes, somebody noticed: Me. :)

You bored? Typical. You do so much when you are properly in our company. Okay, enough with the meta. Bye.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.3    2 months ago

Ty

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.7  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @5.4.5    2 months ago

Ty

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.4.3    2 months ago

Ty

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.2    2 months ago

I have an infection that required hospitalization hopefully I'll be out of here in another day or two

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.2    2 months ago

Ty

George
Junior Expert
5.4.11  George  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

I know you have said you are Catholic, I hope you don't mind if this heathen protestant says a prayer for you.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.4.12  charger 383  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

Get well soon

GregTx
Professor Guide
5.4.13  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

See.. and you think both-sideism is a bad thing? I'm sure you're fine, otherwise you wouldn't be bored. Food sucks though, am I right?...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.14  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.9    2 months ago

That sucks.  Get well soon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.4.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    2 months ago

The good part for you is that they are reading what you say.

Will you be watching the taped interview with Joe Biden tonight?

BTW, I hope you are ok.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 months ago
Evidently all the non right wingers on the site are fed up with this columns daily horse crap and are refusing to comment here

They aren't even on site since Trump took a 6-point lead. Let's just call it Karma.

GRos0jBbMAMkGXT?format=jpg&name=small

JBB
Professor Principal
5.5.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5    2 months ago

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.5.1    2 months ago

GRcQwaWaYAEgdoz?format=png&name=small

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5.3  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.2    2 months ago

Got anything from THIS millennium? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.3    2 months ago

You bet

From the past 3 years:

GRJ9zqdXAAAsXkQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5.5  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.4    2 months ago

Crime is down, been widely reported. And Biden solved the border crisis, republicans quashed it. Nice try though. The border is on the repubes now. Oh yea, trump said he would eliminate the debt in 6 years, he added 8 TRILLION in 4 years. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.5    2 months ago

The  fourth quarter 2023 crime report  from the FBI, the federal government’s keeper of crime data, is unreliable at best and deceptive at worst. 

The  FBI’s  preliminary 2023 data show  murder  declined by 13.2% across the country and violent crime dropped 5.7% compared to 2022 levels. Various news headlines have reported the FBI’s numbers unquestioningly, claiming murder is “plummeting” and violent crime “declined significantly” to pre-pandemic levels.

But these latest figures warrant skepticism, as we outline in a new report. In fact, violent crime is up substantially from 2019 levels, and last year’s apparent drop is less significant than it appears.

Part of the problem is how police departments report offenses to the FBI. The FBI asked, then demanded, that law enforcement agencies  “transition”  away from the system they used for decades to a new, more detailed but onerous one. The 2021 mandate to use NIBRS to submit crime data proved a disaster as overstretched departments, especially in large cities, failed to reach compliance and thus did not submit data. 

In 2019, 89% of agencies covering 97% of the population submitted data, but by 2021, that coverage plummeted to less than 63% of departments overseeing just 65% of the population. Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City  all failed to submit crime data . To increase participation, the FBI relaxed the NIBRS requirement in 2022, allowing agencies to report via the legacy system.  

Bad data from the FBI mislead about crime - Washington Examiner

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.5    2 months ago
And Biden solved the border crisis,

Oh boy!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.5    2 months ago
Oh yea, trump said he would eliminate the debt in 6 years, he added 8 TRILLION in 4 years. 

So, which should we pay attention to: what they say they will do or what both did as President?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.5.9  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.8    2 months ago

It never ceases to make me laugh how the left will point out that Trump lies all the time and will still bring up a campaign promise that he failed to deliver on. Such fun.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @5.5.9    2 months ago

That is one of their fallback lines. In fact, every statement that Biden was able to express during the debate turned out to be a lie. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5.11  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.10    2 months ago
every statement that Biden was able to express during the debate turned out to be a lie. 

Prove it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.5.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.8    2 months ago

What they did as President, which the convicted felon did nothing that didn't benefit the traitor in some way

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.5.13  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.3    2 months ago

Most of us EVOLVE 

The cult of maga I believe is devolving.

CB
Professor Principal
5.5.14  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.2    2 months ago

Oh boy, if we're doing memories now. . .  a treat for us all:

Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were (Lyrics)

This song by Barbara was before all the political feuding got a hold on her outlook, and conservatives took a strong mocking dislike of her and her work.

CB
Professor Principal
5.5.15  CB  replied to  Snuffy @5.5.9    2 months ago

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611hxsh49jjotrxwc2zosvv6qf0gqxbgxgwohn4clwk&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g   Strange is the paradox . . . and some want more of the chaos player, Donald! More!!     

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5.16  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.6    2 months ago
Bad data from the FBI mislead about crime - Washington Examiner

Right, FBI bad, Washington Examiner good. Are you fucking serious? LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.5.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.5.16    2 months ago

And we are on the verge of Kamala good and Biden bad.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5.18  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.5.17    2 months ago

And we are on the verge of Kamala good and Biden bad.

And that has what to do with my comment?