╌>

‘Rambling’ Biden Gets Nasty With Bronze Star Democrat on Zoom Call

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 months ago  •  70 comments

‘Rambling’ Biden Gets Nasty With Bronze Star Democrat on Zoom Call
Lawmakers telling Puck that Biden was “rambling,” “dismissive of concerns,” and “unable or unprepared to present a campaign strategy.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

About an hour before a 20-year-old gunman rattled off three shots at   Donald Trump   on Saturday,   Joe Biden   got nasty at times in a “tense” Zoom meeting with dozens of moderate Democratic lawmakers who called his viability on the presidential ticket into question.

Among them was Rep. Jason Crow (D-CO), a former Army Ranger who served three tours in the Middle East, who found himself on the brunt end of a personal attack from Biden after he asked about the importance of national security to voters in November,   Puck   reported.

“First of all, I think you’re dead wrong on national security,” the president said to Crow. “You saw what happened recently in terms of the meeting we had with NATO. I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not   the most effective   leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is!”

Biden’s response then got personal with Crow.

“Tell me something you’ve never done with your Bronze Star like my son,” Biden said.

Crow reportedly remained calm, responding, “It’s not breaking through, Mr. President, to our voters.”

“You oughta talk about it!” Biden shot back, according to Puck. “On national security, nobody has been a better president than I’ve been. Name me one. Name me one! So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

The Bronze Star is awarded for either heroic achievement, heroic service, meritorious achievement, or meritorious service in a combat zone.

Biden’s son, Beau Biden, received the medal for his service in Iraq in 2008 and 2009 as a member of the Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps. Crow received his citation in 2003 for his actions as a platoon leader in the 82nd Airborne Division during the Battle of Samawah—the largest sustained urban combat that paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne had been involved in since World War II.

Calls for Biden to bow out of the presidential race have reduced to a minimum after the assassination attempt on Trump, despite polls showing he’s slated to be   soundly defeated   in key battleground states.

Biden’s call on Saturday did little to calm the nerves of Democrats in tight races of their own, with lawmakers telling Puck   that Biden was “rambling,” “dismissive of concerns,” and “unable or unprepared to present a campaign strategy.”

One lawmaker on the call told the website that they’d lost “a ton” of respect for Biden after the meeting.

“He was rambling,” the unnamed lawmaker said. “He’d start an answer then lose his train of thought, then would just say ‘whatever.’ He really couldn’t complete an answer. I lost a ton of respect for him.”

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

The two sides of Biden on display during the call.  The rambling idiot and the bullying megalomanic: 

One lawmaker on the call told the website that they’d lost “a ton” of respect for Biden after the meeting. “He was rambling,” the unnamed lawmaker said. “He’d start an answer then lose his train of thought, then would just say ‘whatever.’ He really couldn’t complete an answer. I lost a ton of respect for him.”
First of all, I think you’re dead wrong on national security,” the president says, the emotion at times garbling his words. “You saw what happened recently in terms of the meeting we had with NATO. I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not   the most effective   leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is! Tell me who put NATO back together! Tell me who enlarged NATO, tell me who did the Pacific basin! Tell me who did something that you’ve never done with your Bronze Star like my son—and I’m proud of your leadership, but guess what, what’s happening, we’ve got Korea and Japan working together, I put   Aukus   together, anyway! … Things are in chaos, and I’m bringing some order to it. And again, find me a world leader who’s an ally of ours who doesn’t think I’m the most respected person they’ve ever—”
“It’s not breaking through, Mr. President,” said Crow, “to our voters.”
“You oughta talk about it!” Biden shot back, listing his accomplishments yet again. “On national security, nobody  has been a better president than I’ve been. Name me one.  Name me one!  So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

George
Junior Expert
1.1  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 months ago

Did he call him a lying dogface pony soldier?

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” former Defense Secretary Robert Gates says of Vice President Joe Biden

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  George @1.1    2 months ago
id he call him a lying dogface pony soldier?

Probably also called him "fat" and challenged him to a fist fight. That's how Biden usually deals with being challenged. 

George
Junior Expert
1.1.2  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.1    2 months ago

If they are African American Biden will bring a length of chain, like he did for Corn Pop.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

The assassination attempt probably saved Biden's candidacy:

. “Had the assassination attempt not occurred an hour later, I imagine 50 people on that Zoom were ready to come out publicly against him.” 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
 “You saw what happened recently in terms of the meeting we had with NATO. I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not   the most effective   leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is!”
“On national security, nobody has been a better president than I’ve been. Name me one. Name me one! So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

Pinocchio Joe seems to be a bit full of himself.

“He was rambling,” the unnamed lawmaker said. “He’d start an answer then lose his train of thought, then would just say ‘whatever.’ He really couldn’t complete an answer. I lost a ton of respect for him.”

You and the rest of the country.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    2 months ago
Pinocchio Joe seems to be a bit full of himself.

"Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not the most effective leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is!”

That's more Trump than Trump. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Biden has done a fine job of being president, and clearly could continue to do so. 

He is not the best Democrat to RUN for president though. He has slowed down to the point where he has difficulty taking it to Trump the way it needs to be done. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

Do you think a sane person would describe Joe Biden as the best President in American history on foreign policy?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    2 months ago

would a sane person think "only trump can fix it" ?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago

If you want to keep arguing Biden is the same as Trump, I'm not going to disagree with you.

The difference is I won't vote for Trump, yet you'll vote for a senile megalomaniac. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago

Would a sane person think Biden can fix it when he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.2    2 months ago

If Biden was on a ventilator with a hundred tubes sticking out of nose and mouth I would vote for him over Trump.  Trump is a known traitor. Be happy we have a corrupt corporate media that refuses to address the issue. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 months ago
Be happy we have a corrupt corporate media that refuses to address the issue. 

They've been too busy covering for the incompetence you boast about supporting.  

George
Junior Expert
4.1.6  George  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago

So John, why won't you answer a simple question? Nobody here has claimed trump is the best president in American history on Foreign policy. So I will try again for Sean.

Do you think a sane person would describe Joe Biden as the best President in American history on foreign policy?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  George @4.1.6    2 months ago

I dont care if he is the best foreign policy president or not.  

He is not running for the position of best foreign policy president in history. 

George
Junior Expert
4.1.8  George  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.7    2 months ago

Still a non-answer, you really shouldn't berate trump supporters if you can't be honest about the person you support.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  George @4.1.8    2 months ago

I gave you a complete answer.  Whether or not he is the best foreign policy president in history is irrelevant to whether he should be elected over Trump .

George
Junior Expert
4.1.10  George  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 months ago
I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not   the most effective   leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is!”
“On national security, nobody has been a better president than I’ve been. Name me one. Name me one! So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

So i will ask again, what sane person thinks Biden is the best foreign policy president and the best on National security?

I didn't ask if he should be elected over trump,  I asked a simple question, would any sane person believe the above?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    2 months ago

Biden and his supporters are telling a big lie: that he’s sharp, fit and ready to govern another four years.

We can all see that just isn’t so.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 months ago
Whether or not he is the best foreign policy president in history is irrelevant

Joe disagrees and see it as very relevant.  Else why would he have said “Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not the most effective leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is!” during his teleconference with Dem House members on should he stay or should he go.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    2 months ago

I'm sure there are 13 Gold Star families from August of 2021 that think Biden's foreign policy highly questionable.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.14  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.13    2 months ago
are 13 Gold Star families from August of 2021 that think Biden's foreign policy highly questionable.

Denying their deaths was not a great look. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

and clearly could continue to do so

even a partisan hack like Adam schiff disagrees with you

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    2 months ago

There have been a number of "liberals" on NT that have suggested Biden should drop out. Not a single conservative here that I know of has called for Trump to drop out. That is the difference between us and them.  Trump is completely unfit for office, and it is quite obvious, but all we hear from you is about Biden. 

George
Junior Expert
4.2.2  George  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

That comment is absolute bullshit. here is a comment to you in the last 2 days.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.3  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago
. Not a single conservative here that I know of has called for Trump to drop out.

How many times are you going to say that when you know it's not true? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.3    2 months ago

give me the links.

george says he did yesterday. I will take his word for it but i did not see it. 

Lets have Biden and Trump drop out at the same time and start over. 

Problem is Trump has a cult following that would never go along. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    2 months ago
give me the links.

He did.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

I have never supported Trump in a primary or general and I haven’t kept that a secret here.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.3    2 months ago

I know john likely considers me a conservative , hell more likely he thinks im a pain in the ass. 

But I cannot say trump should withdraw from the race . one reason is im not a republican so it is not my place to tell a party i dont belong to who to run as a candidate  ,  the other reason i wouldnt count , is i have already publicly stated im not voting for him .

As for me not being critical of trump, well personally for me , the highest form of critism  i can have is simply say publicly the candidate wont get my vote .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.2.7    2 months ago

Trump should withdraw , not because he is the Republican nominee, but because he might win and he is utterly unfit to serve as president. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.9  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.8    2 months ago

John him winning, if he does  , is your problem to deal with.

I will admit though, his odds of winning went up dramatically since 7/13, in my view if what i am seeing holds true , but likely not for the reasons you would come up with.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

Highly misleading statement there John. I myself have called for it numerous times as have other conservatives on NT along with Biden to do the same. Imo neither one are fit for a second term as president.

George
Junior Expert
4.2.11  George  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.10    2 months ago

The difference is, If and when Biden steps down the left will spin as he is doing it because of some imaginary illness or for the good of the country, they will never admit it is because of mental decline and that he is incapable of continuing to perform even the simplest of duties demanded of a president. 

There is no way trump steps down his ego just won't allow for that to happen, lets just hope the democrats pick someone competent to replace him so we have someone we can actually feel good about voting for, and that is nether Harris or Newsome. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.3  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

Biden has done a fine job of being president,”

Where the hell have you been? Between food prices, gas prices, afghanistan, his completely stupid war on oil, his push for ev’s when the tech and infrastructure is no where near ready, the embarrassing appointments (sam brinton, richard levine and more), having taxpayers pay irresponsible people’s student loans, his clear signs of dementia dating back to the 2020 debates, the BORDER,? Biden has been a complete fucking disaster.

Although i will give credit where credit is due. Two july 4ths ago hotdogs were 16 cents lower than the year before.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago
Biden has done a fine job of being president, and clearly could continue to do so.

Lets look at some of this.  According to the Budget Committee, he's failing.  (but we all knew that didn't we?)

Why don't we start with inflation:

CLAIM :   President Biden said he is  “working to bring down the price around the kitchen table”  for Americans. 

FACT:   The truth is, families continue to struggle under the weight of high prices, spurred by over-regulation and out-of-control spending. Since January 2021,  inflation has increased by 19.3 percent . With average weekly earnings increasing by just  14.6 percent  in the same time period,  the price of goods has outpaced family income over the past three years.  The runaway spending of unified Democrat control continues to pump unprecedented amounts of money into the economy, further threatening high inflation for taxpayers. 

CLAIM :  President Biden claims to  care about America’s fiscal health .

FACT:  The  reality  is that under President Biden, the cost to service our debt has skyrocketed. Interest spending has increased by  $540 billion or 153 percent in the three years since President Biden took office . Our country now spends more to service the debt than we do on our national defense.

Now jobs:

CLAIM :   President Biden stumbled over his words stating he created 15,000 jobs, before correcting himself to say 15 million,   claiming that his administration saw record job creation FACT :   The truth is that he inherited historic post-pandemic job recovery, plus the current labor force participation rate is still below pre-pandemic levels, meaning there are   2.08 million fewer Americans in the labor force when adjusting for population gains  than before the pandemic.

Health Care:

CLAIM :   President Biden said he   beat Medicare   (Whatever that means). FACT :   President Biden is actually right here. He   has   “beat Medicare” by raiding the program to pay for his radical spending agenda. The truth is that the Medicare Hospital Insurance (HI) Trust Fund, out of which   Part A   benefits for inpatient care are paid,   will be   insolvent   for 12 years.   Medicare needs to be saved, not beat.

Student loans:

CLAIM :   President Biden bragged about his efforts to   forgive student loan debt .

FACT :   The truth is that there is no such thing as “canceling” or “forgiving” debt, it is just a   transfer of debt .

President Biden has   “forgiven” $167 billion   in student loans for over 4.7 million Americans. What the White House isn't emphasizing is that   87% of adults without student loans are being forced to pay for the 13% of adults who did .

Additionally, bailouts are incentivizing colleges to   RAISE   tuition prices. Studies have found that universities have raised tuition prices by 60 cents from every dollar of taxpayer-subsidized loans.

How about the debt:

When President Biden took office total gross debt was  $27.75 trillion , meaning he has increased the national debt by  $6.97 trillion

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 months ago

Only the 25th Amendment can save this election.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 months ago

The Dems are too chicken shit to use it.

They would have to admit the problem that they spent years covering up.

GregTx
Professor Guide
5.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    2 months ago

They're fixing to have to. What do you think that convention is gonna be like?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    2 months ago

GSuB7S6WEAAuSWa?format=jpg&name=medium

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 months ago

That's one way of looking at it. Another is

"let's not thank God for not protecting Corey Comperatore and not miraculously turning his head as the shots were fired." amen

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 months ago

Imagine if  he said he was waiting for the lord almighty to tell  him whether to run for president or not.

you’d really have something to attack him for then

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2    2 months ago

placards being passed out to all the delegates so they can wave them around at the convention tonight

GSt3Yc3XwAAAV1L?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.2  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    2 months ago

so no criticism of Biden relying on God's intervention to tell him what to do? Seems odd given your obsessive posting about any republican who even so much as suggests God might exist. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.2    2 months ago

Did God want Trump to survive but not the firefighter?  What an odd and disturbing thing for people to say. But more and more appear to be saying it every day, including the biggest names in Republican politics. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.4  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    2 months ago

Did God want Trump to survive but not the firefighter?

I have no idea. It seems to me those who believe in God believe that God's will is  not something is challenged or second guessed. It's accepted. 

Aren't you a Catholic?  Odd that you seemed to have been taught God is answerable to you. Seems directly at odds with what I was taught and my understanding, limited though it may be, of  current Catholic doctrine. So your view seems to be that  it's wrong to ever thank god for anything, because bad things also happen in the world. That's not at all compatible with my understanding of Christianity, but maybe there's some new sect that I'm unaware of who believes such things.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.4    2 months ago

There is so much unexplainable suffering in this world that I am more than willing to say we dont and cannot know the intentions of God.  Yet the Christians in the Republican Party are downright enthusiastic about saying God personally and particularly spared Donald Trump. 

This is not said as a true spiritual expression, it is said in order to try and make Trump seem "special", a real Man Of Destiny, so much so that God himself turned Trump's head at that split second. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.6  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    2 months ago
Yet the Christians in the Republican Party are downright enthusiastic about saying God personally and particularly spared Donald Trump. 

Most Christians I know thank God for good things that happen. It's the most normal thing in the world. When a Christian  hear someone is cancer free, they'll often say "thank god." Do you take that as some sort of attack on those who don't survive cancer?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 months ago
Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski
Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was thrilled today about Trump’s pick of JD Vance as his running mate, stating that he now feels confident the U.S. will cut off aid to Ukraine if Trump wins.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

Fuck Ukraine.

They are Europe's problem; and Europe doesn't want to deal with it.

Name one damn thing that Ukraine supplies than the US can't supply ourselves? Outside of an ultra corrupt government that gives kick backs to politicians, their family members, and cronies.

We have wasted enough money on that fascist shit hole country.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1    2 months ago

If its such a shithole country why is Putin willing to kill hundreds of thousands of his own young men trying to take it ? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 months ago

Learn geography.

Did we tolerate Russia moving nukes into Cuba- even though they would have been in soft bunkers and easy for us to take out? Would we allow a pro Russian government to be installed in Canada or Mexico? Ones that would allow Russian forces and equipment to be harbored there?

Ukraine is a very large country located directly on Russia's back door.

Same damn difference.

So much for the US/NATO's promise to Russia not to go flipping every last former Soviet Union buffer state.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 months ago
If its such a shithole country why is Putin willing to kill hundreds of thousands of his own young men trying to take it ? 

Because Putin is a power hungry mad man with his sights set to bring back the Russian empire.  I thought you knew that.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.2    2 months ago

Not to mention that Poland also borders Ukraine and is a NATO member. The idea of Russia being able to move nukes, airfields, and large numbers of troops and armor into a conquered Ukraine makes Poland and many European NATO members very nervous about Russia and it's intentions.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1    2 months ago
Name one damn thing that Ukraine supplies than the US can't supply ourselves? Outside of an ultra corrupt government that gives kick backs to politicians, their family members, and cronies.

The US does that too.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Biden directed this to a 82nd Airborne veteran who won his bronze star  in Iraq during combat

“Tell me who did something that you’ve never done with your Bronze Star like my son.”

What does it mean?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 months ago

i have no idea

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 months ago

"Biden took a swipe at skeptical House Democrat's military service during tense Zoom call, report says (msn.com)"

From the article above....

" During a tense Zoom call with members of the centrist New Democrat Coalition on Saturday, President Joe Biden reportedly took a swipe at  Rep. Jason Crow's  military service.

The exchange,  according to Puck News , took place after Crow, a Colorado Democrat who's been publicly skeptical of Biden's continued viability in the wake of a disastrous debate performance last month, asked the president a question about national security.

Biden reportedly replied:

"I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I'm not the most effective leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is! Tell me who put NATO back together! Tell me who enlarged NATO, tell me who did the Pacific basin! Tell me who did something that you've never done with your Bronze Star like my son—and I'm proud of your leadership, but guess what, what's happening, we've got Korea and Japan working together, I put AUKUS together, anyway!"

Crow, a former Army Ranger elected to Congress during the 2018 "Blue Wave," earned the  Bronze Star Medal  for his service during the Iraq War. The award is given to members of the military who show acts of heroism in the field or had an otherwise praiseworthy tenure.

Biden's son Beau, who died in 2015, also served in Iraq and received a Bronze Star"

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 months ago

personally i wouldnt mind reading the citations that went with both individuals awards 

Its not hard to see one awarded for actions during combat like crows . .

it is kind of rare to see one awarded  to a JAG officer since they rarely actually see combat .

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.3.1  bugsy  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.3    2 months ago

My thoughts exactly. Crowe actually earned his through his military actions in the 82nd airborne. Beau probably got his for not getting a hangnail and being the Vice President’s son.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.3.2  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.3    2 months ago
While Bronze Stars are fairly common, those with V devices – for combat gallantry – are much more rare. Only one in 40 Bronze Stars are awarded with a V-device, for those who performed well under fire at great personal risk.

Jason Crow's Bronze Star has the ''V'' device Bidn's doesn't.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.3.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @8.3.2    2 months ago

i think you understand what im thinking , the award itself garners a certain amount of respect , the devices attatched , which i didnt know crow had the V device , tells more of the story .

reading the article , i was somewhat impressed with crows reaction . he gave the respect to the office of president that was due , even if the person holding it was getting "SALTY". and disrespectful .

I for one would not have blamed him for becoming just as salty right back if he had chose to , but all that would have turned into was a pissing match . one not worth the effort , because those that know and understand ,  do .

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.3.4  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.3.3    2 months ago

Yup, that is my thoughts as well.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.3.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @8.3.4    2 months ago

here is a story , off topic , when my oldest grand daughter saw my ribbon board she asked what they meant . i told her for the most part there were only 3 ribbons that meant anything to me  the rest were given for show .

i pointed to the overseas ribbon and told her what that was for , then the presidential unit citation ribbon , explaining that even though it was more of a morale builder it meant to me i was part of a team that could do its job as expected without exception   , 

the last ribbon i pointed to was my good conduct ribbon , i told her what that was for , then i added grinning , what i earned that one for was being able to behave and it showed that i could  ...... the meaning of that was not lost on her at that time .

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.3.6  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.3.5    2 months ago

Two hold major importance for me, my CIB and my Jump Wings.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 months ago

I highly doubt even Biden has any clue. I think certain mental filters he may or may not have once had have since eroded away.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9  Drinker of the Wry    2 months ago

Joe’ big dilemma:

Should I stay, or should I go now?
Should I stay, or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay, it will be double
So come on and let me know

George
Junior Expert
9.1  George  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9    2 months ago

Joe canceled his speech in Nevada due to Covid, didn’t he say he would drop out because of illness? Get well soon Joe. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
10  bugsy    2 months ago

I wonder if this has any relation to the “cold” he had during the debate.