╌>

Narrow window for Harris to choose her running mate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tig  •  2 months ago  •  8 comments

By:   NBC News

Narrow window for Harris to choose her running mate
As she begins her campaign for president, Vice President Kamala Harris must act quickly to choose a running mate as key deadlines approach.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

As she begins her campaign for president, Vice President Kamala Harris must act quickly to choose a running mate as key deadlines approach. The possibilities include a number of governors from battleground states and a senator. NBC News' Hallie Jackson reports.July 23, 2024

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1  seeder  TᵢG    2 months ago

I like these candidates.   I think it best to have a male VP.   Two females might be too much for the electorate to handle at his point in our maturity.

I prefer Tim Walz and Josh Shapiro, but am quite pleased with this list.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @1    2 months ago

my only interest in her choice of VP is a selfish one. naturally I'd like to see somebody chosen that would create the spectacle of peeling the maga coalition off the ceiling, like another woman or a gay guy. it's a well known fact that the trump campaign is scared shitless of michelle obama or I'd recommend governor polis from colorado. he's term limited, and a gay white jewish guy, but I'd settle for any person that wouldn't sacrifice a governor or senator in a red or swing state. I agree that 2 women may be a risky choice, for ridiculous and dated sexist reasons, but I'm a firm believer that women (democrats) are the least appreciated and most undervalued political assets in american government today. there's too much testosterone driven stupidity and ego based stubbornness on display in DC already...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @1    2 months ago

James Carville has rather emphatically said that Mitch Landrieu is the best choice for VP, even though I havent seen Landrieus name on any list. 

Carville says he is the best at attack and defense, which is essentially what  this election is going to be all about. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    2 months ago

Mitch landrieu is a truly intelligent thinker and a great speaker. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1    2 months ago

Shapiro would make the most sense. Too bad it won't be him.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2  Hallux    2 months ago

I would have prefered an in your face and rattle your bones pick like Liz Cheney, but then I'm from the Great White and we're only here for the entertainment.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    2 months ago

I, too, think the ticket needs the 'contrast' of a man on it. . . for the times we are being presented.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    2 months ago

Dems are screaming "not it" faster than the media can ask them about being VP.

It is going to take some doing to find anyone to make Harris look even remotely competent; much the less not want the opposition to remove her under any circumstances.