How weird are your pets?

By:  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  •  Personal  •  2 weeks ago  •  82 comments

How weird are your pets?

I have a dog named Rocky. He is an American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) and about a year and a half old; it's an estimate because he's a rescue.

I also have a 5 year old cat named Palooza; she's a rescue too, but she was born in the home of one of the rescue employees so we know her age.

original

Rocky is a mama's boy that clings to me like white on rice. He is NOT scared of thunder or lightening or fireworks, but he IS afraid of the vacuum, the lawn mower, and a SWIFFER mop which makes no noise whatsoever. I understand his clingy behavior; it's because he was abandoned. He's really a good pup. He won't run away, even with the gates and garage door open. He stays with me. He's got a mean sounding bark, but he's the biggest baby. Even our mail lady laughs at him. She's his buddy. However, he won't even approach the fence unless either I or my daughter are with him. He's a funny puppy.

Palooza is afraid of anything that makes noise. She hides underneath beds or in closets during storms. She get's up high when someone is vacuuming. She's not much of a cuddly kitty, but she is quite sassy; that's one of the things that made me fall in love with her. The first time I met Palooza, she smacked a playful kitten away from her and growled at a large male cat before smacking him. She loves her people, but sometimes Rocky gets on her nerves.

Is there anything that makes your pet weird or unique?

1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    2 weeks ago

Weird pet quirks... go!

2  Paula Bartholomew    2 weeks ago

Not too long ago, I saw one of my cats do this.  My front porch has rout iron railings.  He was hanging off one of them and would slide down, pull himself back to the top and do it again.  He did this at least 5 times.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
2.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    2 weeks ago

Aw! He was having fun playing firefighter kitty!

3  Trout Giggles    2 weeks ago

Stubby is my BFF and he is getting on in age. So lately he's taking to following me around the house, yelling at me, and pawing at me to pet him. But I have to pet him in the right spot or he pushes my hand down.

Oh...I forgot tell you he's a cat. But don't tell him that. He thinks he's the King

3.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 weeks ago

Has to be the right spot!

Kathleen
4  Kathleen    2 weeks ago

My Willow loves to meow and make sounds at the headlights on the wall from passing cars.

GregTx
4.1  GregTx  replied to  Kathleen @4    2 weeks ago

My Willow loves to look cute, chase laser pointers, and announce to the rest of the clowder that "It's kibbleo'clock y'all"

Kathleen
4.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  GregTx @4.1    2 weeks ago

Awwww... you named your kitty Willow too...

GregTx
4.1.2  GregTx  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

She prefers Princess Willow.🙂

sandy-2021492
4.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  GregTx @4.1    2 weeks ago

"Kibble o' clock" jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Kathleen
4.1.4  Kathleen  replied to  GregTx @4.1.2    2 weeks ago

I like that... she is in charge I bet.

4.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @4.1    2 weeks ago

She's very pretty!

4.1.6  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  GregTx @4.1    2 weeks ago

Too funny. She announces when it's time to eat.

4.1.7  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  GregTx @4.1.2    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg We call ours Princess Palooza Fuzzy Butt. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

4.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Kathleen @4    2 weeks ago

Your Willow looks so soft and cuddly!

Kathleen
4.2.1  Kathleen  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.2    2 weeks ago

She loves a belly rub jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

She lets me, but when my husband and daughter try to do it she will use her back claws and try to take a playful nip at them. I laugh at that all the time. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
4.2.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Kathleen @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

Mine likes belly rubs on her terms and timing.

5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 weeks ago

Wally hears the doorbell ring and he runs to see who it is and no he is not a dog.

He also plays fetch.

Dog/cat?

5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    2 weeks ago

That's cute! How is he doing, anyway?

5.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    2 weeks ago

Eh. Not so good. He has PTSD from his operation and now is on Prozac and a benzo so he is a very zonked kitty. But better than him attacking his tail, which apparently he thinks is out to get him.

5.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg poor baby

5.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.2    2 weeks ago

I know and thanks. I am worried he will never get back to normal.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
5.1.4  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

Poor kitty.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
5.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    2 weeks ago

Aw! Was he raised around dogs?

pat wilson
6  pat wilson    2 weeks ago

I live with two cats. One perches on the toilet and pees but poops on the floor instead of the litter box. SMH.

6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  pat wilson @6    2 weeks ago

LMAO... I'm sorry Pat, but that is funny.

6.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  pat wilson @6    2 weeks ago

I think someone tried training Palooza to go on the toilet at some point, because she will stand on the edge of the litter box to do her business. My aunt and uncle had a cat that used the toilet a long time ago.

Pooping on the floor instead though... that's kinda funny.

6.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @6    2 weeks ago

Stubby has a particularly good litter box in my bathroom but prefers to poop on the living room floor where there used to be a litter box. I think my master is trying to tell me something

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
6.3.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3    2 weeks ago

Yeah put the litter box back where it was. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
6.3.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3    2 weeks ago

I have two litter boxes.  One of the kittens would bypass his just-cleaned litter box, and poop in the corner of the basement, a few feet away from the litter box.  So I got another litter box for that corner.  No more potty accidents.

6.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.3.2    one week ago

Cats are weird

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
6.3.4  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.3.3    one week ago

They are persnickety for sure!

GregTx
7  GregTx    2 weeks ago

For some strange reason, my two girls Dixie and Daisy, the two Boxers on the left attempt to shake half their bodies loose everytime I come home.....384

7.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @7    2 weeks ago

They love daddy!

7.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  GregTx @7    2 weeks ago

Aw love bugs!

7.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  GregTx @7    2 weeks ago

Beautiful shephard!

GregTx
7.3.1  GregTx  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.3    2 weeks ago

Thanks. That's Sadie, she was a stray that showed up one day and decided that we'd do and stayed.

Split Personality
8  Split Personality    2 weeks ago

8.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Split Personality @8    2 weeks ago

Are they yours?

The ducklings are so cute!

Split Personality
8.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1    2 weeks ago
Are they yours?

More or less, we let them come and go to the lake as they please.

Some of them came when called by their names, not many, lol.

Most of the adults change from black/green and white to brown in the summer and back to black green.

I usually identify them by their feet coloration and their attitude, lol.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
8.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Split Personality @8    2 weeks ago

AW! They're so cute!!! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

sandy-2021492
9  sandy-2021492    2 weeks ago

My Siamese kitten plays fetch, and is obsessed with my contact lens case.

My late tuxedo cat, Flower, used to hold his water dish down with his front paw, like he thought someone would take it from him.  Then he'd shake his wet paw all around to get rid of the water.  My kitchen was always wet.

My dog is a Rottweiler/dachshund mix, which is pretty weird in itself.  He is glued to me.

The cat I had in high school and college, a calico, used to love to ride the base of the upright vacuum cleaner.  She thought it was a hoot, and came running every time she heard the vacuum turn on.  Later, though, she was afraid of it.

My sister's late cat, a tortie, used to play tag with her.  They'd run through the house until the chaser managed to touch/swat the prey, then switch roles.

9.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9    2 weeks ago

For some reason, Siamese like to play fetch. Wally's breed (snowshoe) is a related breed.

sandy-2021492
9.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1    2 weeks ago

I used to have another cat that played fetch - a domestic shorthair.  We had hardwood floors, and he slid nose-first into the walls so often that his nose got infected and swelled up.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
9.1.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1    2 weeks ago

I think Palooza has some Ragdoll in her genetics somewhere, which is a mix between a Himalayan and a Siamese... and they're large and in charge. My Palooza is 17.4 lbs!

9.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9    2 weeks ago
My Siamese kitten plays fetch, and is obsessed with my contact lens case.

My daughter gets Palooza to play fetch sometimes.

"You can call me flower if ya want to." jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg I had a calico do that with the water dish, but she did it to figure out where the water line was before she went to drink.

Rott-dachshund... that's an interesting mix.

I wish my cat wasn't afraid of the vacuum... I'd vacuum her.

AW! I would love that! That would be awesome. That would be a great game for a cat.

Sparty On
10  Sparty On    2 weeks ago

A couple cats ago, named 88 so everyone would always know how old she was at all times, would only enter her litter box backwards.    Never front first.

Craziest thing you’ve ever seen.

10.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @10    2 weeks ago

That is really odd.

10.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sparty On @10    2 weeks ago

Too funny. Maybe she watched too many people go potty and thought that backing up to the potty was what she was supposed to do.

Freefaller
11  Freefaller    2 weeks ago

All good stories.  My old cat Tinker loved to ride around on peoples shoulders (didn't matter who) so if you stood still long enough she would climb up or hop on you.  She was also obsessed with chasing tinfoil balls.

11.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Freefaller @11    2 weeks ago

And why not?

11.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Freefaller @11    2 weeks ago

Aw. Lovey kitty.

Freefaller
11.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @11.2    2 weeks ago
Aw. Lovey kitty

Lol mostly, but if she was in a fighting mode you had to wear leather gloves to playfight with her cause claws and teeth were out (7 lbs of furry fury:)

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
11.2.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Freefaller @11.2.1    2 weeks ago

The only one in my house that my cat pulls her claws and teeth out for is the dog... and only when he's being extra ornery and rambunctious. He's only about a year and a half and she's 5 and won't tolerate his BS for too long. She weighs half as much as he does and has all her claws... she could really ruin his day if she wanted to, but she's a good kitty.

Dulay
12  Dulay    2 weeks ago

I had a female beagle that we rescued who lifted her leg like a male to pee. After we had her for a while and fattened her up, she would lift her leg to pee and tip over. I laughed till I cried.

She was also absolutely crazy about the show Cops. We never watched it but one day it came on while I was in the kitchen cooking and she ran into the living room and started barking and watching the TV. Then at another time I was flipping through the channels and the theme song of Cops brought her down the hall like a bat out of hell and she barked and sat down to watch 'her program'. Since then, I recorded Cops so I could play her song for her whenever I wanted to laugh my ass off. There was one that had a K9 unit that I would let her watch while I was out.

12.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @12    2 weeks ago
she would lift her leg to pee and tip over. I laughed till I cried.

I would too! That must have been a sight to behold.

12.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dulay @12    2 weeks ago

My Rocky, towards the end of my work day, he'll keep pawing at me because he wants to "be a bum with mom" and hang out on the basement couch and watch tv. When he's getting weird and restless in the evening and irritating everyone, I ask him, "You wanna go be a bum with mom"? He then halls butt down to the basement and jumps on that couch and snuggles into me. jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

sandy-2021492
13  sandy-2021492    2 weeks ago

Growing up, we had a mutt our uncle gave us.  He was attached to the above-mentioned vacuum-riding calico cat.  He appointed himself her guardian.  If a neighbor dog got too close, he ran it off.  If it was cold outside, she'd sleep in his doghouse, and he would make sure he was closest to the door and curled around her, to keep her warm.  He really seemed to think of himself as her big brother.

He was a good dog.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
13.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13    2 weeks ago

Aw. My husband had a Husky named Samson and a tuxedo cat named Sylvester and they grew up together. Sly didn't need protection, but they would gang up on birds on the rare occasions they made their way into the house. Samson would take the floor and Sly would get up high (refrigerator, counters, wherever he could). I walked in my husband's front door one time (before we were married) and there Samson was laying on the floor with a dead bird about a foot in front of him, he was licking his paws and Sylvester was on the back of one of the chairs cleaning himself from the bird blood. They both looked at me like, "Nothin... we didn't do anything." I could only laugh, but MAN what a mess that was to clean up. Glad that my husband doesn't have a weak stomach.

sandy-2021492
13.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @13.1    2 weeks ago

Cali didn't really need protection, either.  She was a big cat, strong and feisty.  But the dog was a defender, and he chose to be her bodyguard.

14  Kavika     2 weeks ago

This is ''Wiki Warrior Wonder Wiener'' in all her glory. She is 13 years old now and it's been 13 fun-filled years.

14.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Kavika @14    2 weeks ago

AW! She's cute!!! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

shona1
14.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @14    2 weeks ago

I only have eyes for you..one very lucky doggie who landed on his paws living with you...

14.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @14    2 weeks ago

She's adorable.

Looking at her face, I think my Buster might have been a cross breed between a dachsund and a beagle. He had very short legs and long ears. I have a photo of him somewhere

14.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.3    2 weeks ago

Buster fishing at on the Norfork River:256

Me, Buster, Inky, and Stubby napping on a Sunday afternoon. Stubby is tabby laying by my feet. Inky has the primo spot on top of me, and Buster has second fave spot. Unfortunately, the only one left is Stubby.

Inky liked to lay on my head at night

14.3.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @14.3.1    2 weeks ago

LOLOL, what a group.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
14.3.3  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.3.1    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Dragon
16  Dragon    2 weeks ago

Our rescue cat Dazbog likes to watch Lawrence Welk with us (yes we watch LW!).

16.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dragon @16    2 weeks ago

I love your cat's name!

Dragon
16.1.1  Dragon  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @16.1    2 weeks ago

Dazbo was a Slavic sun god. He is all black with large golden eyes.

Dragon
16.3  Dragon  replied to  Dragon @16    2 weeks ago

196 Dazbog watching Lawrence Welk, it is our exciting Saturday night!

Dragon
16.4  Dragon  replied to  Dragon @16    2 weeks ago

196 Dazbog in his favorite position.

GregTx
16.4.1  GregTx  replied to  Dragon @16.4    2 weeks ago

He is a handsome cat. Is he a Bombay?

Dragon
16.4.2  Dragon  replied to  GregTx @16.4.1    one week ago

No idea. He was a rescue cat from animal shelter I volunteer at.

Sparty On
16.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  Dragon @16.4    one week ago

I love black cats.   We've had several over the years and they were all bad asses.

One used to chase dogs out of our yard.   Woe be unto the dog that tried to fight him.

What a great cat!

Adam_Selene
17  Adam_Selene    2 weeks ago
he's a rescue

For some reason, all of the stray dogs and cats that have, over the years, taken up residence in my house, have viewed me as a "rescue".

They all worked hard at providing me with a life of structure,purpose and affection.

17.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Adam_Selene @17    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

18  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 weeks ago

Wally playing dead...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
18.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @18    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
19  Greg Jones    one week ago

I live in an apartment and am gone quite a bit, but I enjoy watching animal antics on YouTube

19.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Greg Jones @19    one week ago

I've watched a lot of videos about K'eyush myself. Hilarious.

Sparty On