My Prolonged Absence from NT

By:  bitemore Gfotwo  •  Anything You Want to Call It  •  one week ago  •  40 comments

My Prolonged Absence from NT

Learning of Dowser's death, today, jerked me back to some sort of "reality." By that, I mean that I have pretty much avoided "social media" since dumping Facebook over a year ago. More than that, however, I should probably explain that I have another "excuse." That excuse is that I have been busy and extremely preoccupied with health concerns, both my own and my partner's, a dear soul you knew on the Vine as "RV" ("Remote Viewer").  Health wise, I'm hanging together. I have chronic A-Fib (irregular heartbeat), and have had it non-stop for one year and 40 days. I've done some research on the condition, and there are others who have had it for ten years or longer. The condition hasn't kept me from doing anything. In fact, it has encouraged me to aim for better fitness. I exercise regularly, watch my diet, maintain a healthy weight, and do whatever I feel like doing. So, while the whole fitness routine can be time-consuming, it has had good results.

Earlier this year, my partner, RV, learned she has Parkinson's Disease. That is really a scary condition, but when I realized that people can live with it for many years, I worried less. I'm sure many of you know who Michael J. Fox is... a really good actor, who also has Parkinson's, and who has done a LOT to help others who have it. Parkinson's hasn't slowed him down, and it hasn't slowed RV down, either. But, it has added some time-consuming activities to her life, and to mine, as well, because I need to be present for her and that also means I need to learn what she learns, when she learns it. I go with her to her group meetings and exercise programs, as well as to many of her doctor appointments, just as she has always done for me. Fortunately, Parkinson's doesn't interfere with her ability to drive.  My own condition, A-Fib, has kept me from driving because I am at a very high risk of a stroke, something I really don't want happening while I'm behind the wheel. Thus, I gave up driving over a year ago.

Apart from her Parkinson's and my A-Fib, things are actually going very well, here. Every day is a gift, one we appreciate to the max. We even indulge in some TV bingeing, watching a show on Netflix, "Lucifer," that is just plain fun! We set aside Sundays to binge it, over and over and over... and, no, I don't feel even a little guilty for that!

Anyway, I hope I can find some time to spend on this site a whole lot more than I've been doing. At least now y'all know a little bit of what has occupied my days that has kept me from indulging in many of the things I really do enjoy, like NewsTalkers!

Much love to all of you!

Find text within the comments Find

Raven Wing
1  Raven Wing    one week ago

Good to see you back with us Bittey. Looking forward to having more great conversations with you again. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

1.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Raven Wing @1    one week ago

Thank you, dear Raven! I've missed our conversations and occasional silliness! I really hope I can be a wee bit less busy and have more time to spend with my online friends! Let us hope... jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
2  MrFrost    one week ago

Not sure if we have met, but if not, I am glad you are here!!!

Patrick..

2.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  MrFrost @2    one week ago

I doubt that we have met, MrFrost, but I love your avatar! Too cute!

TTGA
2.1.1  TTGA  replied to  bitemore Gfotwo @2.1    one week ago

Get him to show you the one he used to use Bitey.  That one was even cooler than this one.

MrFrost
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  TTGA @2.1.1    one week ago

The hamster one?

TTGA
2.1.3  TTGA  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.2    yesterday
The hamster one?

Yup.  A mouse banging a mouse.  The ultimate pun.

3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    one week ago

Bitey!

So good to see you!

After reading about why you have been absent, I have to tell you that both my mom and a good friend of mine had their A Fib cured! They both have totally normal lives. If you want to know more, please contact me via private notes.

I am also very sorry to hear about RV, but with the new meds they have all other treatments I am sure she will live a long and healthy life. It's just one of those nasty things to live with.

Much love to you! Sorry, it had to be under such sad conditions.

bitemore Gfotwo
3.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    one week ago

Hi, Perrie! Good to see you, too!

My A-Fib may end up being cured, eventually, because I am aware that I will need to get two valves replaced/repaired fairly soon. At the time they do the valves, they may be able to repair the A-Fib, too, depending on the cause. I would be interested in knowing how your Mom and friend got theirs fixed... there are so many causes, however, that it's almost like there are no two cases exactly alike. I get a checkup every 3 months, with an ultra-sound every 6 months, so we're pretty much on top of it. I'm not too concerned at the moment, because my blood-type, O, means I have some built-in anti-clotting attached to my red cells, and my very low blood pressure also makes a stroke less likely. I hope to have some time tomorrow to contact you via private notes, as I would like to know more about your mom and your friend.

Gotta call it a day, now, and hit the sack!

BIG hugs to you and to all!

3.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  bitemore Gfotwo @3.1    one week ago

Please write me anytime. I will tell you what I know.

JohnRussell
4  JohnRussell    one week ago

NIce to see you again.

Krishna
5  Krishna    one week ago

Hi. Nice to see you back Bitemore :-)

We never got to know each other well, but I remember you from the ties you were here and also on NV.

God to hear that while you do have a medical condition you are so committed to taking care of it.

P.S: Are you a collector?

5.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Krishna @5    one week ago

Hmmm... am I a collector... weeeellllll... I guess so, kinda sorta maybe... Actually, both RV and I were once into collecting everything in which we had an interest, beginning with Pokemon back in the late '90's, and ending with... I'm not sure it has ended, actually, but it's slowed down a lot because we have absolutely no more space to put anything! We are both addicted to anything cute (we met because we were both into pet rats), so we collect anything ratty, mousey, hamstery, or cute for other reasons (RV is into foxes and sloths). But, as I said, we ran out of space. What we have is the sum total of nearly 30 years of collecting together, plus whatever we had before we met. We currently have 3 hamsters with a 4th on the way from Colorado whenever the weather cools down enough for the airlines to accept a pet on board (laws prohibit the shipping of live critters in hot weather).

Anyway, thanks for sending the FR. I was delighted to accept! I do remember you from NV... that is the very first social media site I ever joined, and I never regretted it. Thanks to that Vine I met so many wonderful folks and had some truly unforgettable times, both online and off. I am grateful to Perrie for starting NewsTalkers, keeping the Vine alive and kicking!

Krishna
5.1.1  Krishna  replied to  bitemore Gfotwo @5.1    6 days ago

I kinda figured you were into collecting, based on the photo, LOL! (Lots of cases and shelves of collectables).

I used to be a collector as well-- when I was a fairly young kid, up to Jr High School. Mainly stamps. And I read up on the countries they came from. (I used to surprise people with how much I knew about countries of the world and their history-- all of which came from hours reading about those countries). Also collected coins to a lessor degree.In those days.

I had various sorts of pets as well. (never any mice though).

And...books! (Non-fiction). Tons of books.

Now while I have a tendency to collect some useless  "clutter" the only thing I collect seriously is "information". (I've I've always been extremely curious).

There are some really nice people here.

Anyway, nice to see you again :-)

6  Kavika     one week ago

Hi Bitey,

Good to see/hear from you again. Sounds like you and RV have had some stressful times, but, as usual, you both have moved through it.

You're still a member of Anishinaabe...Stop by.

6.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Kavika @6    one week ago

Hey, Kavika! Yes, I'll stop by and see what's going on there as soon as I have some spare moments. What with our infirmities and commitments, I really don't have a lot of time nowadays. But I'm determined to make some time to get back to all you wonderful folks here and participate as much as I can. In another couple of weeks, RV is going to begin a program called the "BIG" program... it's 4 days a week of physical therapy classes. I'll be kinda busy here doing stuff she usually does until such time as those "BIG" sessions end. We are both eager for her to begin, because, so far, the therapies she's undergone have worked wonders in helping to overcome the physical difficulties common to Parkinson's. We are both optimistic concerning the "BIG" program (the preceding program was called "LOUD"- it taught exercises in keeping the voice audible; very interesting AND effective).

Anyway, I'm going to try to spend more time here. This site is really quite impressive (because of all the great people who gather here, of course)!

Krishna
7  Krishna    one week ago

I also remember the name Remote Viewer from NV. but that was not someone I got to know back then....

And I have a question.

When I first saw that screen-name, like so many other screen-names people pick, it had no meaning for me. However, since then I took a brief course-- a weekend workshop and a later one day follow-up which was an Intro to Remote Viewing. Fascinating stuff!

(I was a bit skeptical at first but to my amazement I was able to do it to some degree...!!!)

Since then I've seen two terms used-- and there is often confusion between the two terms amongst some folks who aren't too familiar with them.

Is your partner trained in Remote Viewing? Not the one where they look at remote locations via satellite or high-flying "spy-planes" , but rather the type associated with Russell Targ, Ingo Swann, and The Stargate Project?

(This is sort of a personal question so its understandable if they don't want to answer . . . )

7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7    one week ago

LOL.  I always thought Remove Viewer meant that I didn't have to get up and change the channels by turning the knob on the TV.   Mind you, when my parents got our first TV we could only get one channel anyway - WBEN-TV (Buffalo, NY)

7.2  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Krishna @7    one week ago

Actually, Krishna, RV isn't at all into the actual act of "remote viewing," but she believes in it all the same. She is trained in Reiki - I believe she earned the status of Reiki Master. RV uses another screen-name in addition to Remote Viewer: "Sweet Scribe." At least she does when she uses social media, which she hasn't done in quite awhile. She got totally involved in wrangling with the powers-that-be regarding her two disabled sons' lives. LONG story, that, so I'll leave it be for now. She is also licensed as a ham radio operator, something she loves to do but which she hasn't had any time for since 2012, when her sons became at risk due to statewide political shenanigans. Sorry this reply is so short, but I'm running out of time...jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
7.2.1  Krishna  replied to  bitemore Gfotwo @7.2    6 days ago

I have always been interested in "alternative realities"-- and "other dimensions of consciousness". Among other things I have studied are psychic phenomena. Also various forms of "psychic healing"-- both hands on and remote.I've also been reading Tarot cards off and on for over 30 years...

Also "mediumship" (contact with spirits of deceased persons)-- what the Muggles usually refer to as "seances". Psychometry and location psychometry. Dowsing. Using the Pendulum. Astrology. Even telekinesis (So far I have had no success with Telekinesis which is extremely challenging-- takes much practice. I have witnessed others doing it-- I have seen things that defy belief).

My teacher is some of these courses is a police psychic (they are sometimes called in by police depts when they have cold cases)..... She was at the Joan Benet Ramsey house for instance. She also mentioned that while of course the government and the media denies it, (and Wikipedia is totally in denial about the existence of any of this sort of thing) after only many years of fruitless searching the government finally was able to locate Osama bin Laden by bringing in someone skilled  in Remote Viewing!

8  Buzz of the Orient    one week ago

Hey Bitey, you've been a friend for as long as I can remember - glad to see you'll be spending more time here.

8.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    one week ago

Thanks, Buzz! It really is wonderful to find so many wonderful, and familiar, folks here! I truly have missed ALL of you!!!!!

Enoch
9  Enoch    one week ago

Dear Friend BiteGfotwo: Welcome back.

We have all missed you.

If ever I can be helpful in any way, particularly pastoral care for you and yours, please contact me by site private mail.

Then by private email.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Enoch.

9.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Enoch @9    one week ago

Thank you, dear Enoch. If we're ever in dire straits with no way out, you'd better believe we'll be in touch! For now, however, everything may be hectic, but it is all under control. Now, if someone could only tell me how to slow down the clock...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
10  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    one week ago

Hey Bitey, it's so good to see you and know that you are doing well in spite of it all.  (In case you need a nudge, I'm formerstew from NV).

In regard to RV's Parkinson's, treatment has come a long way in recent years.  Depending upon the stage in which she was diagnosed, a normal life is possible for quite some time.  I'd like to recommend a book called The 36-hour Day.  It was like a bible while I cared for my parents (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's).  It provides common sense solutions to what might lay ahead.

I hope you find the time to hang around a little more.  The news about our sweet girl Marsha has made a mess of most of us.  It might sound corny, but now might be a good time to circle the wagons until we get a handle on it.

Glad you are back.

bitemore Gfotwo
10.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10    one week ago

Oh, yes, I do remember Formerstew... we were friends then, if I recall correctly. Anyway, I'll tell RV about the book you recommend, but don't be too surprised if she's already read it. She uses her Nook and her cell phone to read books that she can download from the library, as well as purchase from online sources, and I know she's read a lot about Parkinson's. She's not one to remain ignorant about anything she deems important. That's a darned good thing, because nothing surprises her when she knows almost as much as the "experts." Anyway, I certainly plan to hang out here as much as I can. All I need is some way to slow down the clock...jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
11  Split Personality    one week ago

"welcome back "  Bitemore...

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

bitemore Gfotwo
11.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Split Personality @11    one week ago

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif Thanks a bunch!

1stwarrior
12  1stwarrior    one week ago

Bitey - it is so good to see you are back and that both you and RV are pushing your health forward.  Really hope to see you more often - you have been greatly missed.

12.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  1stwarrior @12    one week ago

Awww... you're so sweet... actually, everyone here is sweet. I'm so very, very fortunate to be friends with so many fabulous people! Seriously! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

13  Trout Giggles    one week ago

Hi, Bitey! Good to see you back. Hope to see more of you.

Take of yourself and RV.

13.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Trout Giggles @13    one week ago

I love your screen-name, "Trout Giggles." Of course, now I can never eat another trout... I hope there are no Salmon Giggles here! Anyway, thanks so much for your kind words! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Nona62
14  Nona62    one week ago

Hi Bitey !!  I'm Tzia from the other place.  We didn't get to know each other very well,, but I certainly do remember you.

Good thoughts going upwards for both you and RV !!

14.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Nona62 @14    one week ago

I do remember you from NV! It isn't easy to forget a name like "Tzia." It's catchy, short, and cute!

Thanks so much for your kind words! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Kathleen
15  Kathleen    one week ago

Hello, It is nice to meet you.

15.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  Kathleen @15    one week ago

And, Kathleen, it is very good to meet you, too! Hope to see more of you in days and weeks to come!jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
16  pat wilson    one week ago

Every day is a gift,

AMEN !

Good to hear from you. Best wishes to you and RV.

16.1  author  bitemore Gfotwo  replied to  pat wilson @16    one week ago

Amen back atcha! Yes, every day is a gift, and every friend is also a gift! So, consider yourself a gift! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Citizen Kane-473667
17  Citizen Kane-473667    6 days ago

BITEMORE!!!!  Great to see you again!  I too have a slight A-fib that acts up occasionally due to being a bad boy back in the day. Mine just gets all aflutter and skips or rushes the beat for a few seconds. It sounds like yours is far worse though. I hope you get it straightened out and RV gets the meds she needs to help her keep the Parkinson at bay as much as possible.

luck kiddo!

NV-Robin6
18  NV-Robin6    yesterday

Dear Bitey, I drop by once every few weeks (rarely log in) then read a few futile repetitive silly arguments and move on as my eyes are very tired of rolling. I love Perrie, but most of the illogical voices here aren't worthy of my time to participate any longer. There is no critical thinking to be had, only their hate on display daily and their constant call to civil war. I could unload a lot about this but I'll save you. I know you know what I mean.

With that said, I do so miss our days at NV but I happened to fire NT up today and found your post. I wondered where you were --but again, like me, and many from NV, they can't do this forum and no surprise we lost contact with so many incredible really smart people.

It was with great sadness to read about your A-fib issues but I know you're getting the help you need. My hubby suffered from it and finally after many cardioversions, they did an ablation and that cured it. Next time will probably be bypass. I know the constant monitoring and him doing such a great job at keeping his numbers in line, he's doing better now and likely will survive this because of the awareness and attention to it. I wish you the greatest success for you and your partner. It's hell getting older, that is something I do know full well now that I've turned 60. But so far, so good other than the typical aging-slowing down stuff waiting for my own hammer to come down. It happens to all of us at some point or another.

I was also heartbroken to hear about the loss of our dear NV friend Dowser. She was always one of my favorites on the NV and it was her that actually brought me here when the crazies started taking it over. I want to believe she's just off studying rocks on other spheres. What an amazing woman of integrity and dedication to the sciences! A true rock in her own right. We were all blessed to know her and share thoughts this way.

Long May You Run! Know I always enjoyed our interaction and that will stay with me forever no matter if we ever meet up again.

Sending you much Peace and Love! Sounds like you've got it handled and so does your RV.

NV Robin-6