╌>

Whus Yer “Handle”…???..."Lost and Found"

Category:  Other

Via:  time-lord  •  11 years ago  •  68 comments

Whus Yer “Handle”…???..."Lost and Found"

Many of you good folks have uprooted and recently transplanted yourselves in more fertile soil. As part of this transition, some have retained your previous Screen Name and Avatar and others have made some changes.

As a resultit can be difficult to FIND the friends youve known at the ole place, or for your friends ta FIND you!!!

If you have changed your screen name and/or avatarplease check in and provide your previous and current screen name, so your friends can find you more easily and get hooked up again. If you are having challenges figgerin thangs outsimply give a holler ta Miss Perrie or anyone fer thaa matter. Folks are more then willing to share what theyve figured out already. Jus be patient.

EnjoyTL

(Self Appointed Campground Host)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Time Lord
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Time Lord    11 years ago

Time Lord, aka...Timey, TL, M'Lord, Yer Lordness, yada yada yoda...

PR moment anna word from our sponsor..."Come join us at "Timey's Place"..."

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    11 years ago

Tex on the Vine. Tex Stankley here.

stephanie (o'stephanie)
Freshman Silent
link   stephanie (o'stephanie)    11 years ago

Well, I am the redundant "Stephanie (o'stephanie)". Like a nametag.

Good idea, TL!

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Is thaa yer same avatar...?

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Like mine...it jus makes things easier. Nothin wrong wit da...

You DID change yer avatar tho...

LoneRanger01
Freshman Silent
link   LoneRanger01    11 years ago

according to the special K cereal,..my love handle is 2.5 inches...24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    11 years ago

Naw, I had one of my ink drawings. It's so easy to change things here this one will probably alter soon. Big Dawg might be sad though.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Sorry brother...yer ALWAYS gonna be WhoYa ta me.

"Ive been here for over 2 years and have been inviting y'all for quite a while. But since beta shit happened, now we have a flood of people coming here."

Now thars no need ta git all uppity...some of us are jus slow learners.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Lone Ranger...are ya braggin or complainin...?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    11 years ago

Let's see... was Born Perrie L. Berlin... married became Perrie L. Berlin-Halpern, went to the other place and was just Perrie and came to NT still as Perrie.

I must be a Perrie, I think, but I respond to almost any name!

But don't call me late for superGrin.gif

Sparrow
Freshman Silent
link   Sparrow    11 years ago

I kept both my avatar and screen name the same so I'd be easier to find. I've got to figure out privacy settings and all that good stuff, but it's pretty easy to navigate.Grin.gif

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Hey Miss P...errr Miss Willow...thanks fer the heads up!

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

An you'll ALWAYS be M'Lady ta me...yer Grace.

yer humble servant...

TL

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

...ditto Miss Sparrow.

Stephi Cantley
Freshman Silent
link   Stephi Cantley    11 years ago

10518_discussions.jpg I was Stephi C. on the Vine, and that little sun was my avatar there. I had just discovered the Vine the beginning of last summer. I really learned a lot in my short time there, and made some sweet friends! Once school started (for my own 2 treasures and myself~ I teach 1st GradeSmile.gif ) changes started happening on the Vine that I either didn't understand, or have time to, so I left. I didn't have the kind of time invested there that many of you did, so I am not angry or anything....I was still so new to it all, but it did hurt my heart to leave the friends I made there. One day, Jerry V. invited me here and to my delight, the very ones I thought I would not ever "see" again were right here on NT! And I have found some new ones, too. I find it to be a very amazing, wonderful little haven here and am glad to be a part of it.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    11 years ago

I'm really glad to see you here! I was hoping you'd come! Smile.gif

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Dear Miss Can'tlee...it's a pleasure ta meet you. Ah don't balieve our paths have crossed before at da udder place, but they have NOW. Ah'm glad you have been reunited with folks that you have connected with.

Ah had four anna half years vested in da udder place, but ah'm not angry either. It was certainly difficult to contemplate "leafing" before the 'change'...but once the change hit, ah knew it wuz "Time" ta do sumthin different.

Is yer account at da udder place still 'active' or have you already deleted it? Ma account is still open, but ah have only been back once. On APRIL FOOLS DAY...some friends'n ah are gonna JUMP off at da same "Time". Iffin yer not already 'gone', yer welcome ta come join us. It should be fun...

Stephi Cantley
Freshman Silent

Smile.gif Hi....Oh, gosh I am not sure if my page is still on the vine or not...if it is, the April Fools thing sounds hilarious and I will jump with you all (y'all).3.gif I do believe this is the first we have encountered each other, but I am very glad to be here now.

evilone
Professor Guide
link   evilone    11 years ago

No changes for me which is good, cause change makes me grumpy. LOL.

Erinn Rich
Freshman Silent
link   Erinn Rich    11 years ago

Willow!!! My screen name was ERich-(insert random numbers after)

I chose my first name, but my pic has my daughter instead of my son....

:)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
link   Trout Giggles    11 years ago

I'm robinm85 just like I am on the vine. I still have an account over there because NT doesn't work for me at work. But I have the day off so here I am.

I'm still trying to find my friends.

WaabishkeWajiw
Freshman Silent
link   WaabishkeWajiw    11 years ago
I have extended to my full name in Anishinabemowin. Avatar is still the same.

WaabishkeWajiw
Freshman Silent
Hello Left Hand!

Erinn Rich
Freshman Silent

Hehe.... I wish I was young! I joke that I had my daughter at 10... only those with a twisted sense of humore find that funny. :) She's the blonde...

She is 21 and I am 43... I did have her young. I also have a son who is going to be 8 in ten days.

Erinn Rich
Freshman Silent

Hi Gunny!

Please don't take this wrong... it is meant to be funny... but my family always tells me that if I HAD an Indian name it would be Babbling Brook!

Hehe...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Glad you're here, dear robin! I've missed you! Smile.gif

WaabishkeWajiw
Freshman Silent

cancel

WaabishkeWajiw
Freshman Silent

I think you find it is just not the Beta thing bringing us here.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

WaabishkeWajiw...you are absolutely right...people have MANY valid reasons for being here...not ta mention thaa it's a good place ta be.

If you haven't closed up shop and deleted yer account yet...ya might consider waiting until APRIL FOOLS DAY...an JUMP OFF THE CLIFF TOGETHER...

An YES...so very thankful for your FR.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Miss Can'tlee...yes it is. Ah make it a point ta remember 'names'.

Unless you physically DELETED your account, it should be still up. If it is...we will see you on the precipice...!!!

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Robin...if you are 'entertaining' the thought of closing your account at the 'other place'...why don't you hold off until APRIL FOOLS DAY...April 1st...those of us who still have our accounts open and want to 'bail'...will be joining hands and making the LEAP together!

Sort of a KOOOMBIYA moment we can all share together...

Stephi Cantley
Freshman Silent

are we gonna sing that first? hahahaa

Gail J. Hall
Freshman Silent
link   Gail J. Hall    11 years ago

Smile.gif Mornin' Time Lord! This is G. H. with the pic of the back of me at NV. Here I misunderstood the filling in info part and put my full name, didn't know that was going to be my permanent name here. Oh well. learning new things everyday! Avatar here is picture of SW Native Sculpture "Storyteller"

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I didn't know you at first!!! (((((((((((((GH))))))))))))))

You can change it on your profile... If you go to My Page, scroll down the center of the page, and you'll see a section that says Profile, with a little button that says edit... Click on that, and you can change anything you want! Smile.gif

lol@that
Freshman Silent
link   lol@that    11 years ago

Got to keep my name and my pic. Just joined up today. Hope I like it here cuz that new and improved place kinda sucks! Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

It's good to see you here! Smile.gif

Erinn Rich
Freshman Silent

Thanks~! I will tell my family to change it!

Grin.gif

Awanita
Freshman Silent
link   Awanita    11 years ago

New, well not a new name but using it now. Awanita was known in the old place as Knowlton's Rangers.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I need to start keeping a list... Smile.gif

Stephi Cantley
Freshman Silent

Grin.gif awww!~ We were friends on the vine! I remember that name! Nice that you are here!!!

Leotie
Freshman Silent
link   Leotie    11 years ago

Ok, Willow, you were a friend of mine on the vine. I was Phuggy there; here, I use my name. So, we have to pick up that friends thang again.

How is that precious Trav? Give him an ear scratch for me. Phhugs is laying here on the bed beside me snoring. At least he hasn't pharted yet (keeping fingers crossed).

Leotie
Freshman Silent

LoneRanger, how the heck are YOU/ It's been awhile since I've seen you. I was Phuggy on the Vine, now I use my name.

Leotie
Freshman Silent

Perrie, thank you. I know it's stepping off track just a bit, but thanks you for getting this place started and having it for us. I felt like a fool the first couple of days I was here, now, it feels like home to me. I see so many of my friends here, and it just feels so cozy.

Time, I apologize, but I wanted to thank her and I saw her name and picture and my fingers flew.

Leotie
Freshman Silent

Stephi, Time Lord is a wonderful person, and has an absolutely wonderful sense of humor, but Lord have mercy, when he get's riled, you wouldn't even believe it's the same person! I love him any how. He's good people.

Leotie
Freshman Silent

Oh, I am SO glad to see you here! I was Phuggy on the vine. I do wish we could get FIN here.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I think he's here, as tsula... But don't quote me on that-- I need to start keeping a list! Smile.gif

Stephi Cantley
Freshman Silent

5.gif Why, thank you for the words of wisdom, Miss Susan...I shall try not to rile up the Time Master! ha I just love it here so much!!!!!!!

redphish
Freshman Silent
link   redphish    11 years ago
Redphish is the screen name I've used in one form or another since the days of thr dial in boards, before there was the Internet. I am using the same avatar that I was currently using on NV but I do change that up from time to time.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Miss GH...sure glad to see you here. Many folks are going through the 'learning curve', myself included. It jus takes "Time". Ah figgered iffin ah've gotta figger out a whole new system, it might as well happen where all my friends have congregated an regrouped.

Many like yerself, have reincarnated here with different avatars and screen names...so I found thaa it can be difficult to track down and find yer friends. Hopefully, others who have made some changes will find the article and make themselves known.

So good ta see you again. If you haven't yet closed yer account at the 'ole place' yet...think about holding off until APRIL FOOLS DAY. A bunch of us are going to hold hands and LEAP OFF together, then come back here ta celebrate.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Awanita...hows thaa 'woman's pipe' comin...?

When things settle down here...ah've got some dried Kelp ta send to ya. Great stuff to work with. You'll see...

'preciate ya comin by and makin yerself known...

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

...chuckles...heeeeey Miss Can'tlee...ah'm glad yer enjoyin yerself. Ya seem ta have hit it off ova at da 'Place'. Ah'm naw shur iffin thas a good thang or not givin the company yer 'hangin' wit...Ah'm headed over to da 'place' right aft'a ah finish here ta see wus goin on...no doubt, therez mischief afoot.

naaaaooooooow when have you eva seen me 'riled' Miss Susan...?

ah dare sae...nev'a...whaachew see iz pretty much whaach'a git.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Waaail...Miss Can'tlee...ah no ma limitations...

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

chuckles...so ya did...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I can't keep it all straight either, dear Timey! Smile.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
link   FLYNAVY1    11 years ago

I keep FLYNAVY1 everywhere. It keeps it easy for those that drink and post to remember to like or hate me. (Sober ones too!)

Rebecca "Brite" Kesler
Professor Silent
link   Rebecca "Brite" Kesler    11 years ago

I was Brite on the Vine... and I've used the name BriteBlsn (Brite Blessing) for over 20 years on line... But I write often under my "real name" of Rebecca Kesler... so when I registered here, I used my real name. Rescue yelled at me, saying she couldn't find me... SO I added the Brite. Chef Lamby is the same, though... :)

Merleliz
Freshman Silent
link   Merleliz    11 years ago
Merleliz...on the Vine and everywhere else. My boss picked it for my email address when he bought me my first computer for Christmas in 1995, because my two dogs at that time were Merle (the one in my avatar and the love of my life), and Lizard...he couldn't spell Lizard, so he shortened it to Liz. They are both gone now, victims of the one malady that gets us all if we live long enough, old age...but I'll always keep the name.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

Miss Tink...hopefully this will allow you to reconnect with friends. There are six pages so far. You might want to leaf back to see what changes have been announced.

Time Lord
Freshman Silent

"Thank you for starting this discussion"

my pleasure Miss Tink...glad you found it helpful

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

Buzz of the Orient both there and here. Only the avatar has been changed to protect the innocent.

NC Slim
Freshman Silent
link   NC Slim    11 years ago

Hi Y'all:

NC Slim on NV and NT--same name and same avatar.