╌>

A New York Minute in a Week

Category:  News & Politics

By:  larry-hampton  •  12 years ago  •  82 comments

A New York Minute in a Week

9091_discussions.jpg?width=750

Arlene and I had the distinct pleasure to visit new York this last week; a whirlwind ofsightseeingand visiting with friends that was simply amazing! Perrie and Mattinvitedus to come for a visit some months ago and we have been planning this trip ever since.

We spent our first 3 and a half days in the heart of Manhattan with our friend Michael, hisapartment being the perfect launching area for seeing the heart of New York City. The remainder of the week we spentwith Matt and Perrie on Long Island ("lon Gisland" as it's properly pronounced there, LOL), finishing up in the Hamptons. Yes, the Hamptons in the Hamptons as it were, though we hardly lived up to our Namesake as we do not own a mansion :~).

We did get a great picture of the gang on the beach there though...

9092_discussions.jpg?width=750

The sight, sounds, and tastes of New York are more than I can possibly put into words, so I am sharing some pictures to give a small idea of our adventure. Thank you so much Perrie; your generosity gave us the adventure of alifetime!

Another reason I am writing this article is to give my NT friends the low-down on our gracious host Perrie. It's kinda surreal visiting somebody you mostly know fromOnline, e-mails, and phone conversations; I think we all were a little nervous hoping that all turned out well. Our mutual concern however quickly turned to a fast kinship. Perrie and Matt are nice and normal, making us feel comfortable and welcome. Perrie herself is EXACTLY the same in person as she is Online; she truly is and I wish I could describe what I mean....Perrie is not at all pretentious and her persona here on NT is indistinguishable from her personality in real life. The perfect host, Perrie and Arlene became fast buds, actually being alike in many ways; by the end of the week they were sisters.

Matt doesn't get a whole lotta play here on NT...he is just as big a personality as Perrie though and absolutely one of the coolest guys I have ever met. A virtual encyclopedia about all things Rock-and-Roll and Music in general, he is a gentle and giving guy with a genuine and generous smile. It was an honor to get to know Matt, and have no doubt that the short amount of time we visited, only partly revealed what a sweet person he really is. Matt is one of those guys who is real and practical; yet, is a thrill-seeker trapped in a husband's/Father's body. Maybe one of these days Matt, we can hit theracetrackor jet-skis together!

It was also an honor andPrivilegegetting to know Michael who hosted, and trotted us all over Manhattan. He did much of the research helping to plan our days and though being older than Arlene and I,outpacedus the entire time! A super great guy and a brother, many blessings to you Michael and thank you so much for everything!

Lastly a word about New York. It is hugebeyondcomprehending and the sheer mass of buildings andhumanitywere a shock even kinda knowing what to expect. The one thing I was surprised and impressed by were the people of New York. With a direct, even sometimesaggressivestyle, The folk of New York City we ran into were quite friendly and helpful and not one single time did Arlene and I feel even slightly uncomfortable or in danger. In short, New York City in our experience is one of the safest and funnest cities we have ever visited. Thank you New York!

9093_discussions.jpg?width=750

9094_discussions.jpg?width=750

9095_discussions.jpg?width=750

9096_discussions.jpg?width=750

9097_discussions.jpg?width=750

9098_discussions.jpg?width=750

9099_discussions.jpg?width=750

9100_discussions.jpg?width=750

9101_discussions.jpg?width=750

9102_discussions.jpg?width=750

9103_discussions.jpg?width=750

9104_discussions.jpg?width=750

9105_discussions.jpg?width=750

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Len
Freshman Silent
link   Len    12 years ago

Regretfully you did not include Perrie's neighbor --- ME!

Next time.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton    12 years ago

Len; yes next time for sure!

:~)

Feddy
Freshman Silent
link   Feddy    12 years ago

Wow! Great pictures of a great vacation. I'm so glad you had a good time. Grin.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Thanks Feddy; it really was a grand time!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    12 years ago

Wow Larry, that was some write up. I'm blushing. Really. I have to say that it not only wonderful having you and Arlene here, but such a sad moment for both Matt and I, to have to say good-bye. The time went too quickly, and you guys are just the best. We both agree that it felt like we had known you both forever and we fell into a groove like we were old friends. We can't wait to see you again soon. What a blast we had!

And I will get more chocolate Martini mix!

These pictures are amazing! You really got the feel of the city. Love that group shot. The Hamptons in the Hamptons!

Arch-Man
Freshman Silent
link   Arch-Man    12 years ago

Nice article and a great picture of the gang. It's nice to see NT being friendly and setting aside differences and enjoying one another, thanks Lar for sharing your trip and Perrie does look friendly. :0

PS- Lar where's your banjo? :)

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

The time went too quickly, and you guys are just the best. We both agree that it felt like we had known you both forever and we fell into a groove like we were old friends. We can't wait to see you again soon. What a blast we had!

Yup, we felt the same...a very cool deal! There is just no way to see everything; but, the sightseeing was secondary to the fantastic visiting.

I will get more chocolate Martini mix!

Oh my, those were just too good; we will be having them again soon ourselves.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Thanks Arch!

It's nice to see NT being friendly and setting aside differences and enjoying one another,

Funny thing is, we had a spectrum of ideologies represented and got along just great!

PS- Lar where's your banjo? :)

Dang TSA stole it!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Someone I forgot to mention was Wally...

10663_discussions.jpg?width=721

...a really fun cat!

Who thinks he is a dog!

10664_discussions.jpg?width=721

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

Did you get to sample some of the uniquely NY cuisine ? visit the ethnic neighborhoods ? Most importantly visit my alma mater on the upper west side ?

Good writeup Lars . Thanks for sharing ...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    12 years ago

Nice revue of your visit and real nice photo essay.

But New York City ain't got no authentic Philly Cheesesteaks ... still ... I guess it's fairly interesting.

Glad you had a good visit.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

But New York City ain't got no authentic Philly Cheesesteaks

True....

....but we're still young!

Glad you had a good visit.

Thanks; yeah we really did A. Mac and thanks for the coverage while Perrie was tied up with us...it was so much fun!

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Aww! Wally is such a cutie pie! Grin.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Did you get to sample some of the uniquely NY cuisine ? visit the ethnic neighborhoods ?

He, he, he!

You guessed our strategy!

The last night there we had the gang help us put our adventure down on paper; it was based exactly on the things Arlene and I requested...all the frickin' great food!

10665_discussions.jpg?width=721

...as you can see, it was all about the ethnic food!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Wally says he approves!

4 paws up!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Thanks Gene!

But actually Wally is the best part of New YorkGrin.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Actually Yes!

Wally is a big, big baby and much more of a cuddler than any other cat I have ever met. A SUPER friendly kitty!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Im sure that the museams and art galleries are spectacular,

They were awesome! We gotta go to a few places; but, yes, Perrie and the gang were the best part of NY!

Thanks Gene.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Hey... what's in the bowl next to that list?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Supper tonight...homemadeBroccoliand Mushroom soup.

yum!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

btw...this is what Perrie prepared...

10666_discussions.jpg?width=721

...for us the night we made our list...

10667_discussions.jpg?width=721

...it was superb!

We sat around drinking nice wine and enjoying supper over conversation for about an hour. Nobody wanted to leave the table it was so dang good!

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Wow that looks awesome! Perrie I'm comin' over! lol Grin.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

LOL Larry!

Me and my granny glasses!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

That does sound yummy!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Tongue.gif

LOL!

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
link   Michael C.    12 years ago

Great write-up and picts. And I'd have to agree-- a large part of the fun was just hangin' with you and Arlene & Matt & Perrie! (And Wally, who in real life actually has blue eyes).

Seeing the sites in Manhattan was fun too. (As most New Yorkers say "We never get to see the tourist sites except when folks from out of town are visiting"). Site seeing on Long Island was also great-- I had actually never seen some of those things before.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Thanks Feddy! You can come over any time you like!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Go ahead... laugh...

I'm an old bag, LOL!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Oh come now, you are one of the youngest gals of heart, spirit, and body I know!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Thanks Michael it was awesome; your hosting and touring skills are unrivaled!

We had a great time and I missed the asian fruits for breakfast this morning; those were a lot of fun and so very tasty too. I wonder if I could talk one of those food stand people into moving to northern Minnesota?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

9.gif

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

Nuw Yuork, yep its a city, Best part of NY is Perrie, Im sure that the museams and art galleries are spectacular, Great write up and nice pictures,

Hi Gene.

New York does have an amazing number of museums. We only managed to squeeze in one: The Museum of Natural History. A huge place, we only got to see part of it. (They also have special exhibitions. We went to the Butterfly Conservatory .)

Oh and strange cat in one picture "red" eyes the evil coming out, then the next Orange eyes, realizing some one is watching.

That was photographic "red eye". Wally actually has blue eyes! (The breed is part Siamese). He is very friendly with a truly unique personality.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Mac,

Thanks so much for giving me the time to share with Larry, Arlene and Michael. I couldn't have done it without you.

6.gif

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    12 years ago

Everyone was well-behaved ... only used purple four or five times.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Well, that's good to know. I like hearing that we have good citizens!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

The Museum of Natural History. A huge place, we only got to see part of it. (They also have special exhibitions. We went to the Butterfly Conservatory .)

Really humongous and would take at least a solid week or more to see it all; though we thoroughly enjoyed it.

10668_discussions.jpg?width=721

10669_discussions.jpg?width=721

10670_discussions.jpg?width=721

10671_discussions.jpg?width=721

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

True. I have seen a few nice exhibits here and there at smaller museums over the years, but the larger ones almost always have a few great ones. Didn't get to the museum of modern art which looked very nice too.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

Sure we got 'em (although I would imagine they aren't as good as the ones you have in Philly).

It looks like Carl's Steaks has the best ones.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

...it was superb!

We sat around drinking nice wine and enjoying supper over conversation for about an hour. Nobody wanted to leave the table it was so dang good!

I'd have to agree. The roast was fantastic-- as good or better than that I've had in expensive steak houses. The potatoes were unusually good as well., as was the Asparagus. The Tomato-Mozarrella-Basil appetizers were fantastic (a very traditional Italian dish, btw).

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

FWIW, the man on horseback i the picture of the statue is Teddy Roosevelt. He was really big on conservation.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

You'remaking me hungry too late at night.

After eating my fill, I couldn't keep my hands off thosetomato appetizers;delicious!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

A personal hero of mine.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Your making me hungry again!

Who has the wine?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

I think we left it there...

...if there was any left.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Nope. We killed that soldier.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

Here are the identifications of some of the features in the first picture: the NYC Skyline, looking North East from Empire State Bldg Observation deck. (If you look down and to the left of the red roofed bldg near the bottom, you can just barely make out the hair of someone standing nearby on the Observation Deck).

Manhattan is an island ( 4 of the 5 boroughs comprising NYC are on islands ).To the right of the picture is the East River . Near the middle of the visible part of the river is the UN Secretariat bldg . To the left of that, in the East River, is the beginning of Roosevelt Island, and the Queensboro Bridge (AKA the "59th Street Bridge" ). Across the river is T he Borough of Queens.

Grin.gif

Near the middle top of the picture (with V shaped design and pointed tower and spire) is the Chrysler B ldg .

The tall dark-colored bldg just to the right of the Chrysler bldg is the Trump World Tower (a luxury residential bldg. It's diagonally across the street from the UN)

Near the top left, the bldg with the slanted roof is the Citicor p Center.

The bldg with the writing on top is the Met Life bldg. (It straddles Park Avenue. You can drive under it. In front of it is Grand Central Station ).

N.B: For various periods of time, some of the bldgs in the photo were "the tallest bldg in the world". For more info on NYC skyscrapers, here's a really informative page I just discovered: List of tallest buildings in New York City with pictures ).

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

Here are the identifications of some of the features in the first picture:

That was just the picture of the skyline. Lots of detail there. But I forgot to identify all the other pictures.

#2: Matt, Perrie me, and the Hamptons at the beach at South Hampton . (This type of beach is found from the eastern part of L.I. all the way down to Florida).

Here's a typical South Hampton beach house:

mansion-copy-1805999_954x289.jpg This one isn't directly on the ocean, but still a fairly nice property:

0054970-1.jpg #3 & 4: The very picturesque Church of the Transfiguration (AKA "The Little Church Around the Corner"). Built in 1849.

#5: Detail of ornate facade of a building. (Directly behind it,with the balconies, is a much different style of architecture-- its a recently built residential apt building).

#6: Two figures flanking a window. Broadway, somewhere south of 8 St. There are many such building in NY. (Note the decorative swastikas). Visible in the window is reflection of another fancy facade directly across the street.

#7: Street vendors in Chinatown. Familirt fruits & veggies plus a few exotic ones. (Directly in front of the vendor are the red Rambutans. Behind that are Lychees. We had both of these for breakfast the next day, as well as a Dragon Fruit :

250px-Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg At the rear of the picture, across Worth Street from Chinatown, are several large gov't bldgs and courts. One is visible in the picture. (cont'd in next comment).

Michael C.
Freshman Expert

Description of picts, cont'd:

#8: Columbus Park , at the western edge of Chinatown. We crossed through it to Foley Square -- lotsa very impressive Court Houses & gov't bldgs.

#9: One of the Courthouses, this one is the New York County (AKA "Manhattan County") Courthouse.

#10 & 11: Two statues in Foley Square (in front of one of the courthouses?)

#12: Statue of Atlas in front of Rockefeller Center , across the street from St. Patrick's Cathedral . (One of the most impressive houses of worship in the western hemisphere, but wasn't photographed that day because it was totally shrouded in scaffolding.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

That fruit was so different and so very tasty too!

The Rambutan was my favorite...

File:Rambutan white background alt.jpg

...can't tell you how yummy these are.

Thanks for the descriptions Michael; I could hardly remember what or where half of those are! I took about 375 pictures the week we were there and could have easily taken 4 times that...just not enough time. It's really difficult to capture the dynamic atmosphere and intensity on the streets; there is a charge, a vibe that is palpable.

10672_discussions.jpg?width=721

10673_discussions.jpg?width=721

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Columbus Park was a special treat for a couple of reasons. First, it was Columbus Day! The second was the people. Many playing a game (what looked like Checkers sorta, but I'm sure wasn't) with between a couple or thirty people watching, and commenting about the match. Very talkative and animated. At one point we cameacrossa couple ofmusicians playing stringed instruments of some kind and a little ol' asian lady came strolling through the park and as she approached, she slowed and then stopped, to join in with singing. It was quite a cool moment.

In general, getting good shots of the buildings was difficult. Besides being enormous and my lack of skill, the streets are not big enough to stand back and get a decent angle/view. I ended up taking more micro shots attempting to catch my favorite thing about the architecture. Here is what I mean...

10674_discussions.jpg?width=721

10675_discussions.jpg?width=721 ...the streets are jammed, packed together. Top picture taken across from and down the street from, the Natural History Museum. The Middle Picture is looking up at the top of the Empire State Building. The last picture taken in the same spot (top of the Empire State Building) but rotated 180 degrees looking down into the city.There is not a square inch of Manhattan that is not used.

10676_discussions.jpg?width=721

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

These are really neat pics Larry. I haven't seen all of your pics that you took when you were here. You did a better job of capturing the city then I ever did as a resident!

BTW, I still can't believe you ate that freakish fruit!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Will burn you guys a CD and send.

I'll try anything once; especially if it's food! The fresh fruits and pastries were fantastic. It was all so good and we absolutely adored the food ... oh my the Indian food was to die for, theCaribbeancatfish sandwich and beers at the Irish pub after Broadway....aaahhhhhh. Actually though it's getting chilly here, and does Kishka andKasha varnishkasever sound good right now.

How about the Italian food the first night...oh my that was awesome. And with the waiters out front vying for customers so cool!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

The eats was great. I felt like we ate our way around the world. It did take me a while to recover from the Indian food. Talk about hot! It was so much fun doing your eating tour of NY!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

I'm thinking we picked a good time to visit NYC; only a couple of weesk later...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVrC3Oog-kyU_lS_eF-QBdiEVCRLSZu8SfJXmt7W61XudChDkkKh0sm0UZpg

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    11 years ago

How WONDERFUL! Great pictures!!!

I worked on Long Island a few times, and only made it into the city, once-- when I went to school at Princeton for a groundwater class. A bunch of us went it-- it was quite an eye-opening experience! Such fun!

I was there the night that Harry Chapin died in the car wreck, and heard the sirens... Oh my, poor man!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton    11 years ago

Thanks Dowser, it was a blast!

Wow, what a dreadful event to be around for...:~(

We luckily missed that bitch Sandy by a couple of weeks.

63.gif

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
link   Michael C.    11 years ago

We luckily missed that bitch Sandy by a couple of weeks.

Good timing! I had power out for about a week-- no lights in bldg, water but no hot water, no elevator (not a problem since I live on a low floor). What was really strange was no street lights or traffic lights. Almost all local stores were closed. A few had generators. (but power was on in other areas-- nearest was a 10-15 minute walk away. Not all that bad for me, really, but quite an annoyance.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
link   Michael C.    11 years ago

How WONDERFUL! Great pictures!!!

I worked on Long Island a few times, and only made it into the city, once-- when I went to school at Princeton for a groundwater class. A bunch of us went it-- it was quite an eye-opening experience! Such fun!

Larry's pictures are fantastic (a lot better than those I've taken Grin.gif .) As you can see from them, there's a lot to see in Manhattan!)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    11 years ago

I was there the night that Harry Chapin died in the car wreck, and heard the sirens... Oh my, poor man!

I was just talking about that with Matt this week. He was planning a concert on LI for a benefit, which he did often.

He was such a big part of NYC like John Lennon and Billy Joel. It was a terrible loss and a terrible way to go... on the Long Island Expressway!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    11 years ago

Better than the 8 days without power and snow to boot!

Charlie Courtois
Freshman Silent
link   Charlie Courtois    11 years ago

Hi Larry!

What great PICS!

I was raised in three parts of NY City and Long Island: 29 Van Dam St. in Greenwich Village, Port Washington, 60 Richards Road,on the tip of Long Island, just down the road a piece from Perrie in Roslyn, and Beth Page, where Tiger won one of his open titles. After WWII dad was replaced by a new President from France, and we went to Cleveland, where I finished two more years of grammar school and high school, and promptly fled Ohio for a myriad of reasons.

Later in my career I did biz in NY from several perspectives, my two employers, and then being self-employed. The employers: Max Factor, the company had a suite on Park Avenue, Shiseido, the largest cosmetic manufacturer in the world that gave me the most liberal expense account I ever had, and believe you needed it in NYC. Then, when I had my own biz, and NY was a necessity because most of my clients had their home offices there. When it comes out of your own pocketbook the cheese is a lot more binding!

I have never gotten used to the hotel prices in Manhattan, nor the cabbies, nor the sheer pace in the city. The last time I went on biz I had to interview a candidate, an exec. in New Jersey (pronounced new joisey), and then caught the bus back to the city. Coming out of the Terminal downtown, I was mugged and trampled. My glasses were smashed, and all I had was my airline ticket. No ID etc., etc.

I walked a gang of blocks to a dinner arrangement with one of my clients, and fortunately he and I had a very strong relationship, otherwise I would have been in the soup big time. My secretary at home told me that if I hadn't dressed like a "Rabbi" I wouldn't have been mugged which always has stuck in my mind. BTW, she was raised in Brooklyn...So, go figure.

The yoou took PICS brought back many good memories. Thanks.

Walkin Charlie

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton    11 years ago

Hi Charlie and thanks for the compliment; but, really, I took a bunch of pics so was able to pick out a half-dozen that turned out alright. It was such a blast and Arlene and I will NEVER forget it...it was truly amazing!

Now you mentioned some of your past work history so I have to ask; what did you do for Max Factor? That is one big corporation.If you modeled for them, I want pictures!

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel    11 years ago

Ok, first, great pictures.

Second, if that's you on the left with the curly hair, I'm jealous, I used to have hair like that when I was younger but I grew out of it. Tongue.gif

Third, 10th picture down. Is it my imagination or is that statue's nipples showing?

Fourth, where is the 8th picture down taken? It looks cool.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

Great photos and story Larry, what a great time you had.

My wife is born and raised ''Bay Ridge Brooklyn'' so I get to hear all about NYC on a regular basis. LOL

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel    11 years ago

Vam Dam st. is where Kinky Friedman lives! At least that's the street address in his books.

Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo,
Freshman Silent
link   Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo,    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning photos, have no idea what the editorial copy mean.

Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo,
Freshman Silent
link   Jonathan Livingston Pigeon-Poo,    11 years ago

What great photos, made me feel as If I was living Tongue.gif in New York again.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton    10 years ago

Thanks Wheel and sorry I missed your posting from a year ago!

That is not myself in the curls, I am theshort fellawith grey hair on the right. We are all jealous of Matt's hair....:~)

The statue in the 10th picture down became hard when she realized someone was staring at her breasts...;^)

The 8th is a shot of a small building in Columbus Park.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

I haven't looked at these in a while. Man Larry, you did a great job of capturing the city!

BTW, that picture of all of us is Main Beach, East Hampton.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

I can see a Pelican Rapids article coming now too Kavika!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

9.gif

Thanks, but it's easy when ya have the right tour guides!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Yup, I think that would be appropriate Larry.Smile.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
link   Split Personality    4 years ago

Great article to revisit and remind ourselves of positive sights, sounds and relationships.

jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Split Personality   4 years ago

It was a great time for all of us. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   4 years ago

Miss you guys .... we had such fun!

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton  replied to  Split Personality   4 years ago

Thank you SP! I haven't looked at these in quite a while.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Interesting to see this article, which is a super NT history - I always enjoyed my times in NYC, whether it was 67 years ago, 60 years ago, 50 years ago, or about 40 years ago, the many times I've been there.  By the way, we eat Dragon Fruit fairly often. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   4 years ago

All the different fruits were a unexpected and delightful highlight :~)

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
link   FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Excellent timing to blow the dust off of the photos and trip.....It helped me start my Friday off right!

Thanks Larrry!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1   4 years ago

He did an amazing job and is a wonderful photographer. One of his little secrets. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton  replied to  FLYNAVY1   4 years ago

Thank you Fly!

I believe it was SP that revived the article though, so the credit is due there :~)

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   author  Larry Hampton  replied to  Larry Hampton   4 years ago

jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif