╌>

How To Only Post Once

Category:  meta

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  11 comments

How To Only Post Once

There is a current issue with the "post your comment" button and box not working properly. It doesn't close after you make your comment and hit the "post your comment" button.

So people are posting duplicate comments when they hit it a second or third time to try and close it.

Just hit that button once. You will see the circular arrow move. That shows the comment has been accepted. Then go to elsewhere on the page and click on some other tab or button, for example, "newest comments" . That will close the "post your comment" box with you only having made one copy of your comment. Then proceed as you wish.

Perrie is working on the problem, or has reported it to the site host. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

bump

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

-

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

I post once and then go to the top of the page and hit refresh. Seems to work.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    8 years ago

Sounds like it would work.  If you should get more than one, just go back and hit the trash can button in the upper right of the post on the excess posts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

bump

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Okay John. I just clicked the "post comment" ONCE and immediately clicked "Newest Comments" and what I posted duplicated itself. How do you explain that?

I just now amended this post since I saw that it showed up only once. Now I will update it and hope it doesn't duplicate.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

It didn't.