╌>

Discussions

The last word  ...  by Bob Nelson

The last word ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  106 Comments  •  3 days ago

Okay folks, the article is locked.  It will of course die a quick death and fall off the front page. This article was written for one purpose:  to troll the trolls who didn’t like my avatar....
Change in Site Policy

Change in Site Policy

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  4 Comments  •  10 months ago

This is just a note to inform the membership that the term "F--K off" and derivative terms like "P--S off" are no longer accepted and will be ticketed as a taunt. If you really dislike someone,...
Meta: Change In Some Point Values for Violations

Meta: Change In Some Point Values for Violations

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  143 Comments  •  10 months ago

Managing Who Contacts You On NT

Managing Who Contacts You On NT

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  70 Comments  •  last year

Recently, it has come to my attention that members are receiving unwanted messages either through "Chat" or "Private Notes". You can manage who contacts you on both of these.  Private Notes If you...
Something New and Something Old/ Group Meta

Something New and Something Old/ Group Meta

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  350 Comments  •  2 years ago

The reason for this NT Meta is to address some issues that lately keep coming up. Item 1 The F-bomb Our CoC allows for cursing but... this cursing can't be part of a personal attack. To rehash,...
Tig's Excellent Guide to the Tracker

Tig's Excellent Guide to the Tracker

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  1 Comments  •  2 years ago

NT Rule Clarification

NT Rule Clarification

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  90 Comments  •  2 years ago

Recently, it has come to my attention that NT members are citing either part or entire articles without citation from where it is coming from. Let me clarify this. If it is a quote and it is a...
Group Meta on Impasse and Agree to Disagree

Group Meta on Impasse and Agree to Disagree

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  138 Comments  •  2 years ago

Foreword Here is a proposal to gracefully end bad exchanges without empowering ordinary members to infringe on the rights of others. This proposal redefines Impasse so that it works very similar...
New Function: Member NTship!

New Function: Member NTship!

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  179 Comments  •  3 years ago

How Do You Usually Access NT?

How Do You Usually Access NT?

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  112 Comments  •  4 years ago

We are running a poll about how the members access NT. This will better guide us on your experience. You can leave us notes about this topic.  You can find the poll here:...
New Point System for Tickets

New Point System for Tickets

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  336 Comments  •  4 years ago

Twitter is testing new ways to fight misinformation — including a community-based points system

Twitter is testing new ways to fight misinformation — including a community-based points system

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  66 Comments  •  4 years ago

New Tricks for Old Dogs for Very Long Articles

New Tricks for Old Dogs for Very Long Articles

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  32 Comments  •  5 years ago

In Memorial for Jonathan P

In Memorial for Jonathan P

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  64 Comments  •  5 years ago

It is with great sadness that I have to tell the community of the passing of Jonathan P. He was also known as Jalameno at NV. He passed away on Saturday after a long battle with prostate...
Meta: Discussion Photos

Meta: Discussion Photos

By: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  39 Comments  •  5 years ago

Dear Members, When posting photos for your seeds, you must post the photo that came with the article. Otherwise, it can be construed as a copyright issue, since you are misrepresenting the article...
A Shout Out For NT From Jack Hicks Podcast "The Ten Minute Morning Show"

A Shout Out For NT From Jack Hicks Podcast "The Ten Minute Morning Show"

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Meta for use by Perrie RA and moderators. Member meta goes into the group Metafied found on top tab  •  53 Comments  •  6 years ago

Two days ago, Jack Hicks, who has a long in radio/voice over career, (see bio here: https://www.jackhicks-voice.com), gave The NewsTalkers a shout out for our coverage of "Least Biased Media", on...
New Commenting Feature

New Commenting Feature

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  64 Comments  •  6 years ago

A huge improvement in comment took place just moments ago. When replying to a comment, your reply box will now be right under that comment. That means no more scrolling! This will not only make...
The Sacred Riana is GREAT !

The Sacred Riana is GREAT !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  6 years ago

Love this stuff ! Halloween should be every day !
DON'T FORGET.....EVER !

DON'T FORGET.....EVER !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  86 Comments  •  6 years ago

There are folks outside these borders that are out to get us....or.....willing to disrupt us....or.....want us shut down... and we constantly infight....now more than ever...over everything...
Just Because !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Because !!!!!!!!!!!!

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  3 Comments  •  6 years ago

ENJOY !
Housekeeping: Let Civility Reign Once More

Housekeeping: Let Civility Reign Once More

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  11 Comments  •  6 years ago

Alright, people, listen up. I know the world seems more divided than ever these days (although as someone who minored in history, I can assure you this is nothing new). I know that as much as...
Policy Change Regarding Meta.

Policy Change Regarding Meta.

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  0 Comments  •  6 years ago

NT is a news/politics group but lately we have been drowning in meta that clogs up the front page. In order to prevent this from happening, I have started a new group, "Metafied". All meta will go...
About Profanities....

About Profanities....

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  263 Comments  •  6 years ago

Just a quick reminder about profanities and the CoC .... The CoC says: While cursing and other potentially objectionable content is allowed within reason, it should be used as seasoning – as...
Moderation 101: When can mods, moderate

Moderation 101: When can mods, moderate

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  165 Comments  •  6 years ago

The question came up about the rules for best practices for site moderation.  When all mods are on site, it is always best that a mod who is not involved in a discussion, moderate.  When there is...
I'd Like Some ANSWERS!

I'd Like Some ANSWERS!

By: a-macarthur  •  meta  •  191 Comments  •  6 years ago

Several times earlier today, I attempted to comment on SEEDED ARTICLES, that for the expressed purpose of CORRECTING WHAT APPEARS TO BE MISINFORMATION. But I could not leave any comments because...