╌>

Random Thoughts on Any Topic

Category:  Scattershooting,Ramblings & Life

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  7 years ago  •  536 comments

Random Thoughts on Any Topic

OK folks.. here is your chance. You can express anything you like and nothing is tabu or off topic. It can be on any topic or just some random thing you have been thinking. 

So have at it. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

OK, here is mine. Pananera just shrank the size of their bowls but are charging the same amount. They thought they could fool me by just changing the shape.. till I made them give me another bowl. 

I feel gypped! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Many packaged foods that used to be a pound in the package are now 14 oz.  Same price or higher.

I was getting a little bottle of half and half the other day.

The one in the carton was 16 oz.

The one in the plastic bottle was 14 oz.

The 14 oz. cost more.

Same brand.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Yup.. sugar and coffee, too. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I'll bet the guy who discovered that you could expand the diameter of the core tube of a toilet paper or paper towel roll and make the roll look the same size as before got a big bonus.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I agree Buzz! It's evil... especially toilet paper! 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I always think dead relatives can see me when i poop.

I would see someone for that... 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Pananera just shrank the size of their bowls but are charging the same amount. 

Time to find a new resteresteraunt.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

We get a lot of lunches catered from Panera for the residents here.  I work in a teaching hospital.  Anyway, their salads with chicken included, have the barest whisper of chicken included.  As expensive as they are, they should provide more chicken.  

It's so true too John Russell - I noticed it with Tasty Kakes (I think they only sell them in like Pennsylvania, Maryland and  a few other states) - smaller product - costs more.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

The dumb fuck that crossed the double yellow line and almost killed us said that he was looking at his GPS..

65 MPH on a two lane road in the middle of the day and he was looking at his GPS...WTF, I hate stupid ass drivers including those that talk on cell phones, or text. 

The insurance company totalled  my explorer...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Cars are replaceable.. you are not.. Glad you made it through!

A cautionary tale! And you get a new car out of the deal!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

LOL, a new car. There was nothing wrong with the old one except now it's a pile of trash.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

But it is a new car!! Zoom Zoom!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Sorry to hear that you had a wreck!  But, glad you're ok!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Thanks Dowser.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

We've witnessed an abnormally large amount of people trying, on the windy Rocky Mountain 2 lane highways, to pass three and four cars and having to swerve desperately to avoid oncoming traffic.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

Wow.. that sounds kind of scary Pete. Is this a Colorado thing?

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Probably. Definitely happens here far too often.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

Not trying to diss my state, but if you ever come here, and get behind a car with Graves County license plates, get out from behind them as soon as you can.  They love to drive in the right hand lane and turn left, right in front of you...  This is experience talking.  Stay safe!!!  thumbs up

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Glad you are still with us, Kav.  I was riding Saturday with a passenger, coming through the small city of Batavia, in the right turn lane, when some dumb ass in an Explorer (I think) came across two lanes and cut me off ot make the turn, and then turned off a block later.  I called him a Dumb Son of a Bitch and my passenger using sign language, let him know he was number 1 in her thoughts also.

Indian 3.jpg

And yes, we were riding the Indian

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I'm innocent Spike, my Explorer was 1500 miles south being smashed. 

It's the Indian that saved you, I'm sure of it. If you don't believe me you and Sioux me...Laugh

Spikegary
Junior Quiet

Glad you are still with us, Kav.  I was riding Saturday with a passenger, coming through the small city of Batavia, in the right turn lane, when some dumb ass in an Explorer (I think) came across two lanes and cut me off ot make the turn, and then turned off a block later.  I called him a Dumb Son of a Bitch and my passenger using sign language, let him know he was number 1 in her thoughts also.

Indian 3.jpg

And yes, we were riding the Indian.....

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Great Indian!  Have you ever seen the movie "World's Fastest Indian"?  Great movie.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Yep, those that cared to watched it when I posted it to the Classic Cinema group a few years back when I was posting movies.

Great movie.......

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Thank you.  I haven't seen it....yet.  If we ask nicely, Kav might post a picture of his restored Indian......

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Please Kav.  How about a pic?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Image result for photo of a 1949 indian chief  

1949 Indian Chief...Fully restored. I sold it a few years back. Getting to damn old, it getting more and more difficult to keep the body together.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

What a beauty, Kavika. The one my Parents had was a 1947 or 1948 Indian Chief. It really was a smooth ride. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

What a beautiful ride!

Thanks for the pic!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Dear Friend Ausmth: I did.

I concur.

It is a great movie.

Enoch.

Kavika
Professor Principal

I love that movie. I've seen it 3 or 4 times.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I have no doubt that those who love Indian Motorcycles would love it.  Great movie.  My students thought I looked like Sir Anthony Hopkins.  At Halloween I would wear a Hannibal the Cannibal mask in class for them.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Tribute to Indian motorcycles. Pay attention BF...LOL

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Great video, Kavika! Thank you for sharing it with us. (smile)

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Great video, great song thank you very much for that. I'm a fool for that Celtic flute.

Here is a video I would like to share. Hope you enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed yours.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Thanks for sending me back to my Irish roots.  My son made it home a couple of years ago on a business trip.  I hope I get to as well.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Very cool kpr37. I loved it.

I don't know if your aware but there is a very strong relationship between the Choctaw and Irish people. It goes back to the ''Trail of Tears'' and the Irish potato famine.

If your unaware of it I can provide you with a link to the story. Let me know.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

It goes back to the ''Trail of Tears'' and the Irish potato famine.

It's how my Irish ancestors and my cousin's Cherokee ancestors found each other in Southern MO.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Very cool ausmth....The Choctaw visit Ireland and visa versa on a regular basis. The story was lost for a hundred years and then was found once again. That led to the current relationship between the Choctaw and Irish. 

A few years back a number of Irish came to the U.S. to walk the ''Trail of Tears'' with the Choctaw.

kpr37
Professor Silent

I don't know if your aware but there is a very strong relationship between the Choctaw and Irish people. It goes back to the ''Trail of Tears'' and the Irish potato famine.

I know a little, not a lot.

If your unaware of it I can provide you with a link to the story. Let me know.

If you link it.. I will read it, and be very greatful. Thank you

Kavika
Professor Principal

Gakina Awiiya (we are all related)

kpr37
Professor Silent

Thank you again for the links, I did not know that.

That is a stunning act of kindness from an oppressed people. The march was covered in the Boston media but poorly covered.

At the height of Ireland's Great Famine, Choctaws in southern states of the USA sent a donation of $170 (£111).

Kavika
Professor Principal

Your welcome Kpr37. I think that the sculpture really hits the mark. 

My wife is Irish from NYC and want to go to Ireland to see the sculpture and of course tour the country side. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet

Indian 3.jpg

And yes, we were riding the Indian.....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

My Mother and Father had a Indian Chief that my Father bought after being discharged from the Army. It was a Baby Doll blue, with a big "Buddy" seat. We did not have a car at that time, so the 4 of us in my family would ride 'Baby Doll" wherever we went. My Brother would sit in the front on the gas tanks, then My Father, then me between him and my Mother in the back. I was very little at the time and didn't take up much room, but, the 'squeeze play' was not much fun and I never really enjoyed it.

It looked like this one, but, with a black seat and saddlebags:

IndianChief1.jpg

My Father joined the Ft Worth TX police dept as a motorcycle officer, and in keeping with the policy at the time that all motorcycle officers had to not only supply their own rides and uniforms, so my Father had to use Baby Doll for his police motorcycle. But, the various colors and styles of the different motorcycles wound up causing a lot of confusion for drivers so they then made a new policy that all motorcycles had to be painted a silver color. So our beautiful Baby Doll would up looking drab and unhappy.  It was then that I really missed the old Baby Doll

After about 5 years later the police Dept decided that they wanted all the motorcycles to look the same so instead of requiring the officers to buy their own new motorcycles, the Dept bought them for them and they became police property. The motor squad was not very big at that time, so there weren't too many to buy.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

65 MPH on a two lane road in the middle of the day and he was looking at his GPS...WTF, I hate stupid ass drivers including those that talk on cell phones, or text. 

Sheet metal is cheap.  You are priceless!  Glad you are safe Kavika!

I had one cross the line on me last week.   Texting on a crooked Ozark road!  His life expectancy isn't very good.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Thanks ausmth, our roads in the Ozark are mountains and curves as you're well aware of. 

It was a really close call but as you said, sheet metal is cheap. 

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I am headed your way on Saturday.  Will be playing golf at Ledgestone.  It's the annual "Hicks and Slicks and Chicks with Sticks family golf outing.  Be at the clubhouse at 7am and I'll buy breakfast.

Kavika
Professor Principal

ausmth, who knows if I'm not fishing I just may show up. Hopefully they won't remember me since the ''incident''..I totally forgot and wore my track shoes and kinda screwed up a couple of greens. Kidding.

I'll be the one with braided hair, red skin and a t-shirt that says, ''Fighting Terrorism Since 1492''....Perhaps you want to rethink breakfast...laughing dude

ausmth
Freshman Silent

You and my wife's Cherokee uncle would have hit it off big if he were still here.  The invite still stands if you think you can stand this old hillbilly.  (You ought to be used to them by now. :)

Kavika
Professor Principal

Oh ya, I'm used to Hillbillies for sure. 

I'm supposed to go fishing Saturday morning...If that cancels I show up...Last time a fishing trip cancelled was around 50 years ago...LOL

ausmth
Freshman Silent

You want to play?  I can get you on the course with us for $50.

Kavika
Professor Principal

I quit playing FLOG after the ''incident''...I've always considered FLOG a contact sport, sooooo it seems that not everyone thinks it's a contact sport. Thus I've been banned from bringing hockey or lacrosse sticks to the course. Very disappointing indeed.

Thanks for the invitation.

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I hear you have a restored Indian.  All of us are gear heads too so ride it to breakfast.  The fish won't be biting until after you eat.  At least that's the way the trout are.

Kavika
Professor Principal

I posted a photo of it above. I sold it a few years back. Getting to damn old and it's getting harder and harder to keep the body together...LOL

I'm a bass fisherman, early early early...

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Great pic!

I hope you have better luck than I will on a couple of the tight par fours.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

If one generalizes red box rules are they then deemed null and void and who makes that decision. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Well that is the net results. 

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37    7 years ago

Rabbits, I hate rabbits. Marijuana was legal in my state so did it right. I paid ten bucks a seed, for some canadian seeds (sour diesel). I started them inside, before it was warm enough for the outside. I cared for them lovingly for a few months. I was a proud papa. Huge, they were growing. It was looking like a fun winter. The came the rabbits. I think the more they ate, the more "munchies" they got. Cause there was no stopping the evil little things.They ate them all.

Where is Elmer Fudd when he is needed? 

Sour Disel Strain Review by Cannabis Now Magazine

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Awww.. I love bunnies.. I used to breed them! 

But hey what is a rabbit to do when they have a the munchies?

Were those your buds? They looked like beauties. But find comfort that they have eaten my veggie garden, too!

Misery likes company. LOL!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Perrie, I thought they pretty much did the breeding all by themselves.....what in particular was your part in the breeding process?  Some type of hands on motivation or were you responsible for the romantic atmosphere?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I introduced the couple, they took it from there.winking

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

Deh musta' been some wildly wired wabbits after eatin' all dat 'weed'. (grin)

The nemesis for my gardens were the freakin' gofers. They ate the roots off everything I planted, leaving half dead or dead what was above ground. And they tormented my poor Border Collie as well.

I as finally able to get rid of the freakin' gofers, then came the groundhogs! I finally got rid of them as well after a while. After that I was able to have a decent garden for me for a change.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

OMG.. DID WE GET MOLES!!!! Little pop up holes all over my garden!! 

We rounded them up to the back end of the garden using stuff that smells like enemy urine. 

We are very natural with our garden!! 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Yeah.....I have had those in my garden a few times over the years as well. It starts with one or two, and it seems over night there are a 100 of the little buggers!  I used predator urine as well, as recommended by the Animal Control and it did work to drive them away. But, the dang groundhogs came in the garden from the yard next door to feast on my garden and then run back to the yard next door. Then they started to hide under my house! So I used ammonia that I sprayed on a rope tied to small sticks about 4 feet away around the garden and around my house and they never came around again. I got the idea about using the ammonia from a nurseryman. Ammonia is a deterrent for most all animals as they hate the smell of it. But, not something I could use in the garden. So the predator urine worked better for the gofers and moles.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Oh man.. Raven.. can you say Caddy Shack? 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Indeed I can, Perrie. Trying to get rid of those little buggers was just like Caddy Shack until I found out about the urine part. But, I never aw any of them dance for me.  Maybe because I didn't play any music while I was out in the garden?

KDinAZ
Freshman Silent
link   KDinAZ  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Not to try to sound stoopid or anything, but how do you pay 'em to pee around your garden?

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  KDinAZ   7 years ago

09/13/17 03:21:50PM @kdinaz:

Not to try to sound stoopid or anything, but how do you pay 'em to pee around your garden?

E.A  Your Own pee will work just as well!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to    7 years ago

Who can argue with peeing for a purpose....

It comes natural.....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  KDinAZ   7 years ago

KDinAZ, you don't need to pay any predator to pee in our garden.  There are some floral nurseries that sell it or will order it for you. You can also buy predator pee on-line if you need it. Amazon carries it as well as many other on-line sites. Here is the one for Amazon.

Hope this helps. (smile)

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Deh musta' been some wildly wired wabbits after eatin' all dat

They must have been, but they did it at night. I never saw them do it. All I saw was rabbit poop around what was left after their meal. It took eight days to kill all the plants once they started in late August.They would have been budding around now. Beautiful plants, some had like a deep purple hue in the Leafs.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

If they looked anything like the picture they would certainly be beauties. I am a creative writer, writing poetry, short stories and novels over the years. Never used any Marijuana or things like that to stimulate my brain. But, I once tried some Peyote when I had a writers block in the middle of writing a story, and man did I have some really awesome visions. (big grin)

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

I once tried some Peyote

Me, too. I did that and mescaline (synthetic peyote) and LSD or acid many times when I was much younger. I enjoyed them all. Englghting, to say the least. A few bike trips on acid, that is an experience (LOL) Nobody died, nobody got hurt. Hey, a misspent youth.

I smoke now because I like it, and I've got arthritis, in my left knee, and it helps. The indicia strains are better as a pain killer. but I don't like the high. Sativa doesn't help with the pain as much, But I'm happier with the pain.(LOL)  The indicia strains kill the pain, but I want to sit around and eat then nap. I would recommend it only be smoked before bed time.

I don't know if I write better when using the sativa strains, but I write more.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

You guys be da bomb! 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I never did any drugs or MJ in my youth, it just wasn't my bag, so to speak. I could never stand the smell of MJ as it smelled like vomit to me, so I couldn't stand to be around it. As for the hard stuff, like acid and LSD, Heron and such, I saw what it did to some of my friends and life was difficult enough without adding that kind of strife to it, so I never was tempted to engage in them.

I was visiting a writing friend in Nogales AZ and we were talking about our writing and I mentioned I had run into a writers black on my current story, and she suggested that I try Peyote to see if it would help. It was my first and last experience with anything like that, as I really didn't like the way it made me feel afterwards. But, I got a good idea how it can open your mind to a lot of thoughts. Whew! 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

”As for the hard stuff, like acid and LSD”

Okay, RW, we know for sure you're not familiar with drugs. First of all, acid IS LSD, and secondly, it's not a hard drug, it's a hallucinogenic. Heroin and Cocaine are considered hard drugs.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Sounds to me like our Buzz has been "Experienced" and then some. 

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

His name IS Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

Had that nickname since I was 4 years old so no connection to drugs - however, I have in my much younger days done a lot of wild things, although never heroin or anything else with a needle.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

never heroin or anything else with a needle

That was my hubby's rule, too. 

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

never heroin or anything else with a needle

Same here.

The dumbest thing I ever did, was after Richard Pryor set himself on fire, me and some friend free based. That is not crack. Don't know if this is the place to go into the details of the difference. As I believe, that is still a valuable bit of information.(LOL)

I never did drugs for oblivion, I just liked the road to oblivion.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I've always hated needles, that is why I never like needlepoint or embroidery, so unless it was a major illness where an injection was necessary, I would never consider anything that had to do with needles. What made the fear of needles even worse was when I was 10 y/o I had a serious viral infection and had to have penicillin shots 4 times a day in my bottom for almost two weeks in the hospital. Needless to say, the shots were painful enough, but, my bottom became so painful and full of big knots from the injections I could hardly stand to lay on my back or side. It got so bad that I would try to run away when the nurse came in with the shot needle and they had to hold me down to give me the shots. And I had to sit on a really soft cushion for weeks after I came home from the hospital as I could hardly stand to sit. 

So, anything to do with a needle was out of the question for me. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Same thing happened to me when I was a kid Raven.  Even though I've since learned to accept shots, and even IV's when necessary, it's not something I'd do for fun.  I still wince when my wife injects herself with insulin several times a day.  For some reason, it doesn't bother her at all. 

I did find out how to deal with Penicillin though.  When I was in Boot Camp outside of Chicago, everyone on the base had to get a double shot of the stuff, all because some guy at the other Boot Camp down in Orlando came down with Hepatitis.  I still have no idea why a guy getting sick 1,000 miles away caused us to get the shots; the ways of the Navy are strange.  Maybe the Admiral thought that anything that was worth doing was worth overdoing.  Because Penicillin is injected into a muscle and just sits there for a while, it has a tendency to cause the muscle to cramp badly.  However, if you exercise the muscle immediately, it causes the drug to spread out and be less concentrated.  We didn't know that, however, until later when our Company Commander explained it to us.  At the time, all he told us was that, the second the needle came out, we were to RUN out he front door and start running in place until he told us to stop.  He kept us at it for a half hour and it actually worked.  There wasn't very much pain from the Penicillin.  Of course, the pain from all that running in place more than made up for it, but, by then we were used to sore muscles anyway.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

TTGA, I wish at the time I could have gotten out of bed to run in place to keep the penicillin from causing the painful knots in my bottom, and it was badly bruised from all the shots as well which added to the pain. But, I was so sick I could hardly move at all for over a week, so I was more or less easy prey for those with the needles. They didn't have a lot of the antibiotics back then as they do today, so penicillin was the only real infection killer they had.

Even though I do get my flu and other preventative care shots each year, and accept the fact that I have to endure needles for one reason or another at this point, I still break out into a cold sweat when I see the needle. I try not to watch, but, it still does not help much as I still know it is coming. Thankfully, I am healthy enough at this point that I do not need shots very often. (smile)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Dear Friend TTGA:Anything worth doing is worth ocverdoing:..

Classic.

LOL.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Thank you for your service.

Enoch.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Dear Friend TTGA:Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Classic.

LOL.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Thank you for your service.

Enoch.

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

09/13/17 02:19:34AM @ttga:

I did find out how to deal with Penicillin though.  When I was in Boot Camp outside of Chicago, everyone on the base had to get a double shot of the stuff, all because some guy at the other Boot Camp down in Orlando came down with Hepatitis.  I still have no idea why a guy getting sick 1,000 miles away caused us to get the shots; the ways of the Navy are strange. 

E.A Not at all they KNOW what they are not willing to tell the Public, about Contagion and spread!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Well, there ya go....since I never used them I never knew one from the other that well and was never interested in learning about them. (grin)

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Not all knowledge is good knowledge......

Some of it is downright frightening....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

I agree, NWM. There are some things that are best left unknown. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  kpr37   7 years ago

All I saw was rabbit poop around what was left after their meal.

There is an up-side.  Bunny poo is fabulous fertilizer.  On the other hand, if that's not a catch 22, I don't know what is.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

True enough! 

TTGA
Professor Silent

Kpr,

Be of good cheer.  I have the solution for your problem (learned it from a vegetable garden).  You'll still have to re plant but you can keep it from happening again.  My solution involves a few nights with little sleep, a powerful flashlight and a pellet gun (or a .22 rifle if you live in the country).  Oh yeah, also a frying pan.  I decided that, if the little bastards were going to eat my veggies, I was going to eat them.  Could work even better with weed.  Depending on how much THC they've absorbed into their tissues, that could be a really interesting dinner.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37    7 years ago

No, the photo is from the link.

The high: Sour Diesel is so popular because the high really is quite incredible. Being sativa - dominant, it imbibes your body with the uplifting, motivating energy. It’s a definite mood-enhancer and depression destroyer. Being in a good mood is effortless and natural with a little Sour D in your system.

It is a very reliably excellent choice for brainstorming ideas and stimulating creativity. When I have writer’s block, I request Sour Diesel and get back to work.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Being able to focus when you are high.. is a gift! LOL! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of their country.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Hurricane damage! It brings people together. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

My most random thought right now is - will there be another major hurricane to make US landfall this year? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Egads.. I hope not

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    7 years ago

I don't have a basement.  I have a mancave.

100_3724 640x478.jpg

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

I do Gunsmithing in it.100_3707.JPG

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

I handload my own hunting ammunition in it.

100_3720.JPG

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

I build models in it.

IMGP1967 640x424.jpg

IMGP1949 640x424.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Very impressive models, Bruce. Thank you for sharing your hobbies with us. (smile)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

btw.. nice bench. It's good to have a space of your own.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

I did have a workbench in the garage of one of my homes, but what I focused on was to have a professional darkroom in all of them, up until the time of digital photography.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

It's one reason Uncle Bruce doesn't get bent so much on NT.  He has hobbies.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I create various types of graphics and slide shows for others to make extra money, and create various Native American graphics for myself and to share with others. When I get stressed out, creating graphics is a sure way for me to chill out. (smile)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Perrie paints! I need to paint more. 

I used to sing and play bass in a band.. but that was a whole different time. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

"I used to sing and play bass in a band.."

I always knew we were kindred souls, Perrie. Used to sing and play the drums in an all girl band. And yeah....that was several Grandmothers ago. (grin)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

That is so cool Raven!! I was the only girl in the band but hey would could have been the rhythm section!!

See, this is fun. Look what we are finding out about each other.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I also played the piano, violin, base fiddle and folk guitar over the. I really enjoyed the music, but, had to give up the violin and base fiddle when I broke both my little fingers playing softball in high school, as I did not have the dexterity in my little fingers necessary to play them. I also had a singing range from from base to soprano, so I could sing a lot of different songs, and it worked great with the harmony in the band.  

Yes, this is indeed great fun....and learning new things about other members here is truly interesting. (smile)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

I played violin and folk guitar, too. I also played softball and field hockey. I was also a pom pom girl. 

I'm smiling too! 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

See! We really are soul mates! I played field hockey, as there weren't any ice skating places where I lived then, and we never had enough cold weather to freeze any of the lakes around us. But, after getting my chins beat to a pulp by other players, I gave up field hockey in favor of baseball. I had a friend who played the Tenor guitar and one who played the Ukulele and we used to play some of the Kingston Trio songs and sing along. It was great fun, and kept us out of trouble. (grin)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

You must be my twin sister from another mother!! 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I do believe that is true, Perrie. It sure seems like we have lived a somewhat very similar life, at least in our younger years anyway. (grin)

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

It's one reason Uncle Bruce doesn't get bent so much on NT.  He has hobbies.

Yeah, we know.  (*)(*)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Good one Sister. I think you might be spot on.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Yeah, those help too.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

They always do Bruce.. they always do. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

I have a ''Brave Cave'' in the Big Wooden Tipi. I to make things, mostly hand to hand combat weapons or as they are knows Tomahawks and war clubs. I do have a Medicine Shield hanging to protect me from myself. Making weapons is a dangerous business. 

I have yet to shoot a tree though, I leave that up to the Bruce. laughing dude

Twist_su
Freshman Silent
link   Twist_su    7 years ago

I think the cell is the planet, life on earth is the virus. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Twist_su   7 years ago

Wow.. kind of bleak.. kind of true. But I would only apply it to humans and viruses and bad bacteria. 

But then again, in the book War of the Worlds.. it is virus that save the earth.. so maybe... who knows?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    7 years ago

Every year they have a Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championship, Stanley Cup Final; etc.

Why not have just one contest to permanently identify the World Champion in each sport?

I want closure!

Enoch.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Oh Noooooo

A sports junkie! 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Dear Friend Perrie: I am more about playing than watching.

E.

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    7 years ago

If this were on another site and you were, for example, a top 20 columnist who hosted lots of these types of articles, a whole category, called, oh I don't know, "not news" would be created because of your open articles.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

Not news can be good for the soul. Maybe you have an idea there Peter.. doing this kind of live stream. 

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!    7 years ago
(deleted)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago
(deleted)

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago
(deleted)

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago
(deleted)

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago
(deleted)

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago
(deleted)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Dear Friend TheRealBruce: I am pleased to read that your wife is successful to date in her battle with this dreaded disease.

My private notes, personal email and such Pastoral Care as you both need and/or want; fully respecting your values and beliefs are open to you anytime for any reason.

Hers is no easy struggle. You need to address your needs, to be there for her most efficiently.

Good on you Bruce. You do what spouses should do when the centerpiece of their life is taken ill.

You care and you help.

That says it all.

Peace, Abundant Blessings and the Best Possible Outcome forYour Wife.

Enoch.  

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Thank you Enoch, for those kind words.

Peace my friend.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Well said, Bruce. I will keep your wife in my prayers for her battle with cancer to be successful and she ha a full recovery. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

I have an important off topic question for you Bruce.  Does your goose honk in Mandarin or Cantonese?  And don't tell me to ask the goose. 

Sorry to interrupt the emotional conversation.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

There is no god.  There ... I said it.  It feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Wow Hal... I'm shocked! Devastated. 

Kavika
Professor Principal

In reading the comments it seems that there was/is a lot of law breaking. 

I guess that I have to make this known to the NT members. I am a retired FBI, yes it's true. I'm going to pretend that this article never existed. It would weight on my conscious to throw all your asses in jail. Although well deserved I'm come to actually like some of you.

It's hell to be a lawman caught between handing out ''hard time'' and looking the other way. 

kpr37
Professor Silent

I am a retired FBI, yes it's true. I'm going to pretend that this article never existed.

All of my past screwups are well past the statute of limitations, I hope. (LOL)

I have always had great respect for law enforcement. Even back in the day. I've helped law enforcement when asked .(They asked me.) I said yes.

They leave out the overt antisemitism of some members of the linked group. But it was there.

I would like to think, that I did my little part, to combat the violent crazy people who made parts of Boston dangerous. So at one time, it could be said, that I allied myeslf with you guys, in the fight against crime.

Friends Stand United (FSU) is a national organization in the United States which is classified by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as a street gang,

Kavika
Professor Principal

kpr37, I'm going to deep six your confession and unsavory connections to street gangs. Consider it a gift from a Full Blood Indian (FBI) or in some instances a Fry Bread Inspector (FBI). 

kpr37
Professor Silent

and unsavory connections to street gangs.

I was never in FUS.

I was targeted by FSU at one time. A very unpleasant experience.

That is what brought me, and the local cops together. They asked me if I wanted to something about it. I said what do you want? And gave them what they asked for numerous times.

I worked with law enforcement against them.They were some evil people.

Fry Bread Inspector (FBI).

For me... FBI

Full Blood Irish.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

But....but....my Brother.....Peyote is a natural path to Spiritual enlightenment for many Native Americans and has been for thousands of years. And...and....it's just a cactus. And...and....I only did it once. As a Spiritual Native American I should be given special consideration, and I only did it once. Right?  ???

chuckle

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

I"m sure the F raternal B ud I nspectors will gladly give you a pass. Wink

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Thank you NWM. I'm glad to know that someone would see my innocence. (big smile)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Random thoughts-- 3 things you don't know about me:

Only 3%  of all women wear my shoe size, and I'm already tired of having to buy shoes in the children's department- now that the women's shoes don't go down to size 5...  Besides, it is really tough to find shoes in the children's department that don't have My Little Pony or Hello Kitty decorations on them.  

3% of the population have a genetic aversion to Cilantro.  To me, it tastes like dirty feet!  Wish I could fix it, because there are all sorts of dishes that, but for the addition of Cilantro, taste good!

I have an extra vertebrae in my back, an L6.  It is right under the bulging disk, and 2 under the herniated disk, and is impinged...  Why am I so short?  (5' tall...)

How 'bout that for scintillating information?  winking

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dowser, I have always  had the opposite problem. I have always been tall, even as a child I was always taller than mot of the other girls in school. I had to wear boy's/men's jeans because I could get them in the lengths I needed as opposed to the girls jeans that were always only in regular or petite size. Dresses were usually too short, and as I was long waisted, they never fit me right, so I wore mostly skirts and tops. Shopping was always a disappointing nightmare, so when they finally came out with tall shops I was in hog heaven. 

When I was 14 y/o I was 5'11", very thin, gangly, and very self-conscience about my height. So my Mother sent me to Patricia Stevens Charm and Modeling school to learn grace and poise and help me be more confident. As a result I wound up being a professional fashion and photography model well into my early 20's.

I always envied shorter girls when I was growing up, but, learned to be comfortable and confident in my height as I grew older. All the members of my family were 6 ft and over, both my Grandmothers being 6 ft tall. So my height came naturally. My Mother was the only short one in the family at 5 ft 9 in. (smile)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Hey, I'm one of the taller women in the family, so it could have been worse...  I will always envy you your height!  I think it's wonderful to be tall!  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Dowser, being tall does have its advantage when needing something from the top shelf of the cabinet or grocery store shelf. When shopping at the grocery store I always try to help out those who have trouble reaching something from the higher shelves. I feel it is much safer for them for me to get it for them than for them to try to step up on the lower shelves and take the chance on falling and hurting themselves, or pull something off of another shelf down on them trying to climb up or hold on. I don't mind taking a few minutes or less out of my time to help them. It's better than seeing them get hurt.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I hate it when they put the 30 lb. kitty litter on the top shelf.  I have to try to ease it off the edge and catch it, before it knocks me down...  We need to shop together!  I'll take things from the shelf 1-4, and you can take shelf 5!!!  Everything I need is on the top shelf, for some reason.  winking

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Sounds like a plan, Dowser. My get down elevator works far better than my get up elevator these days, especially, as I am facing hip replacement surgery in both hips. So having someone to help with things on the lower shelves would be a big help for me. And what you describe reaching on the higher shelves for shorter people is something I really worry about happening, and I am most happy to help when I am there. (smile)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Ha Ha Dowser, I bet you could pull off wearing shoes with My Little Pony decorations, lol.

My sister hates Cilantro too. She thinks it tastes like soap. I like it.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

They do have some cute little girls shoes that you can't get in the women's department...  I got a pair of furry boots-- they looked like the GoGo boots of the 60s, and I was thrilled!  They're warm and funny!  And yes, at age 61, I'm too old for GoGo boots of the 60s...  My attitude these days is:  So what?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

"And yes, at age 61, I'm too old for GoGo boots of the 60s...  My attitude these days is:  So what?"

There ya go, Dowser! Best attitude tho have about age. There is no such thing as 'too old'. That mentality is one of the biggest causes of depression in seniors who feel useless and can no longer do all the things they could when they were younger.

For me, aging is one of the most wonderful teachers in the world. The longer I live the more wonders I see in the world around me and in myself. I am no longer pressured by the demands of the world and can spend more time doing the things that were once only a dream for me. And things that I once considered much too silly to consider are now things that are fun and brings some joy into my life.

However, I would never wear Hot Pants again. (very big grin)  

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

However, I would never wear Hot Pants again. (very big grin) 

Thanks for the reminder of my college days of sitting in the student union sipping a coke and watching all of the girls go by. (very very big grin)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

Back in my modeling days and hot pants were all the rage I wore a good many of them on the runways and photo shoots. But, my legs were long and skinny so I always wore Go Go boots with them. chuckle

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Raven...are you ever going to share some of those pictures with us? I for one would love to see them!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Uptownchick   7 years ago

Sorry Uppy. All my modeling days photos are packed in storage so I don't have any to share. I had to put a lot of stuff I don't need now in storage as there is no room for much in my little apt. Sad

However, if I had any of them at hand I would be glad to share them with you. thumbs up

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I'll bet you turned a lot of heads RW.  The mental pic I have now.................................

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I don't know about that ausmth.  Back then I was used to people looking at me when on camera and runway for business purposes, so I didn't really pay much attention if people were otherwise looking at me. I preferred to be low key when not working. But, thank you for the nice compliment. (smile)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Me, either, dear sister RW!  Me, either.  Even with spray tan!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I never had to use anything to make me look tanned. Being olive complected I tanned very easily out in the sun even for a short time. But a friend of mine tried the spray tan once and what a mess she turned out to be. She was so blotchy all over and looked like someone had thrown brown paint balls at her. stunned

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo    7 years ago

tacocat spelled backwards is tacocat

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Dear Friend Tessylo: What is Pallendrome spelled backwards?

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Another tidbit, my one claim to FBI fame...

One of my best friends in college turned out to be a bank robber.  I learned this from the FBI that banged on my door looking for information about him, JUST as I was having a 80th birthday party for my Grandpa.

"Shoo!  Go away!  I'll tell you any thing I know, but please go away before my Grandpa gets here!"

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

Only 3%  of all women wear my shoe size,       Dear Dowser I am one of the 30% that wears a size shoe. I also wear a
" size 12 or14 clothes" it all depends on the brand of clothes I buy.     sigh........it's really hard to find anything that fits that is age appropriate.     I HATE BEING SMALL !!!!   (maybe that's why I am so mean )!!!!     lol

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

What size, dear Nona?  My Grandma wore a size 4 B.  She bought salesman's samples-- they don't have those any more!!!

LOVE you, dear Nona!  I hate having to hem everything, too!

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Shoe??  I wear either a size 5 or size 5/12.......

I have had people come up to me and tell me that it must be fun to be so small, I just give them "that look."

Nona62
Professor Silent

Shoe??  I wear either a size 5 or size 5/12.......

I have had people come up to me and tell me that it must be fun to be so small, I just give them "that look." love you too Dowser!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

I think they're crazy!!!  Try to watch a parade when you're short-- or fit into a car-- or reach the floor when sitting in a deep couch...  etc.  They have no idea!  winking

Nona62
Professor Silent

Or reach something o the top shelf in the grocery store.....sigh

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    7 years ago

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Uptownchick   7 years ago

Dear Friend Uptownchick: Three Home Despots worth.

Smiles.

E.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Let me share my animal story.......We had a tennis court in our backyard and a great big problem with raccoons.  My husband trap and take them someplace else, but return they did.

One morning early I looked out the windows and there were three raccoons....two on one side of the court and one on the other!  It was so funny.  It was as if they were waiting for their fourth!!

We found out that these creatures are really smart and clever.  One evening, my husband is upstairs in our den watching TV and he heard a noise at the glass door.  He turned around and there was a raccoon looking straight at him......the raccoon dropped a rack of poo and, then, ran away! 

That's a true story!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

magnoliaave, we have raccoons that wander the grounds here where I live as well. The tend to stay around the trash bins and the community garden here in the complex. I have problems sleeping so I am often awake in the wee hours of the night and have seen them wandering around at night. 

My cat, Yoda, will sit at the sliding glass door to my small patio, and look out between the vertical blinds and look outside. One night one of the raccoons noticed her looking out and came up to look at her. They both simply stared at each other for a few minutes and the the raccoon walked away. After it left, Yoda turned and looked at me as if to say, "What the heck was THAT?" After that, she would sit patiently at the glass door at night to see if it showed up again.

One night I woke up to what sounded a woman screaming her heart out. It was coming from the back of the building, so I quickly threw on some clothes and darted out the door to go and see what was happening. As I rounded the back of the building I saw a raccoon caught in a trap that was obviously set to catch them. There were three others at the cage trying to find a way to free the trapped one. The poor animal screamed all night until the Animal Control came the next morning to remove it. But, when I first heard the screaming my heart nearly jumped into my throat! I thought a woman was being attacked. Very scary. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

This happened to Max, (my dog), and I while camping...  We were alone, just the two of us, down at Land Between the Lakes, when about 3 am, the air was split by horrible screams.  Then, whoever it was outside, got into a terrible fight with someone else, knocking every thing a-winding, pulling down the clothesline, tipping over the cooler from the picnic table, etc.  When it was finally over, Max and I stuck our noses out of the tent, then made a break for it to the car.  I drove us up to the ranger's station, and we spent the rest of the night there, in the car.  Next morning, despite all the horrible screams, and obvious fight, there was no blood or dead bodies...  Scared me to death, though.

Max and I had a lot of camping adventures...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I can understand your fear, I have never heard such blood curdling screams as that raccoon made. Even after I knew where it was coming from and why it was still very unnerving to hear. It kept everyone in our area awake the rest of the night.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Question:  Why is it that everyone who tthinks they are reincarnated think they were someone special, like Queen Hatshepsut?  I mean, why aren't they Jo Blow from Cleveland?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I was for sure a Mayan princess, but I was not sacrificed!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I don't know sweets, I know that in my travels that I've seen many wonderful things, participated in many wonderful occurances and been in many special places that a sewer digger from blarney in a past life had no right to be involved in.

Life is what we make of it after we become aware of life.

It's a sad day when we do not stop to smell the roses and miss the important things....

Sometimes they come from very mundane beginnings/sources.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

I've always wondered who I was in a past life...  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Same here. I have had a lot of Deja Vu events all my life. Going to places that I know in this lifetime I have never been before and know exactly where everything is, what ever room looks like, the color of the room, the furniture and even pictures on the walls. I have met people that I have never seen or met in my life before, yet, I know what they are going to say before they speak, as if I have heard them say it before. I have gone across country to places that I have never been before in my life and, yet, I know I have seen places that I know so well yet never having been there before. It is very unnerving at the moment, and it leaves a lot of questions of how do I know such things when I have never been to those places or met those people in my life? 

I don't know who I was in my previous life, or lives, but, I am sure that I have some sort of connection with these people and places that I can't fathom.   

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Nowhere man......Beginning.....economically poor, but love was always in the air.  Sometimes, I believe my Mother was magic. 

My life was magic.  Mother gave us a dream and my precious sister and I fulfilled it.  As we grew older we took Mother along with us.  Daddy had died early on. 

How could I have ever dreamed of a theatrical career at an early age?  How could I ever dreamed of marrying the man I have loved since I was 16 and travelling the world with him and two sons who are wonderful.  Look at that avatar of mine and you will see the grandson who is the reason I breathe. 

Heartache?  Oh, yes.  I buried my mother, my sister and my brother and took care of them. 

Smell the roses?  Oh, yes, again.  My precious sister had the most beautiful rose garden and I would bring them into her bedroom so we both could smell the roses before she died. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Mags,

Thank you.

You understand the point.

Me, I started out walking away from everything. Striking out on my own with nothing but the clothes on my back to find my own way.

What I soon realized is that the way finds you. My family imbued me with love for all, to aid when possible as much as I can. But also to keep in mind that one can only help to his means. Which meant to me that the important things are relationships and not things.

Keep a straight course and all will be as it should be, keep a crooked course and things will also be as they should be but you will not like it. Many times I though the line was over, marching through Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia in the 60's was one such time.

One learns as life gives you what you asked of it that the easy kind respectful way opens up many doors that otherwise remain closed. As a result your natural person comes out and people recognize that and react accordingly. First impressions are NOT always accurate. Many and old grizzled good old boy found out that the long-haired freaky person in front of them was a friend they never knew they had.

I like old time Country Music, the music that isn't made anymore I also like classic rock from the 50's to the 80's.

Jan and Dean/Little Richard through The Beatles/Rolling Stones to Pink Floyd/Whitesnake resonates with me on every level although to this day I can sing along with Hank Williams/Earnest Tubb like it was playing on the radio right now.

Manual labor was my forte when starting out, was a ditch digger, learned to operate just about every piece of heavy excavation equipment there was. Moved into construction from there then machine school and engineering school.

Got involved in politics also as most young people did back then. Was a Kennedy Democrat. And a very proud one at that. I actually cried when they shot Bobby. Switched parties and joined the Republicans after that when I learned that Ronnie had switched. At a function for the Republican party around '67 or so I met a man that profoundly changed the direction of my life.

Took my life in directions I would never thought I was ever qualified for. His name was Dick Wirthlin. He hired me and taught me many things about people.

Through him I rose in the republican party to the point of calling many great and powerful people my friends. And through some of those I learned to never forget the people I grew up with along the path my life lead me.

I retired from the white house staff in 1992. Dick, my employer and political mentor, had already moved on to other endeavors and I decided serving the nation was the highest calling for me.

Being pushed out of being inside the beltway at the time I thought was bad, but I learned it was the best thing that happened to me. It got me back in touch with my self, which politics has a way of burying under a lot of expectations and supposed loyalties.

I left the republican party never to look back and found myself. Found a job in the construction services world and never regretted it until I hurt my back in an industrial accident in '93.

Been retired/disabled ever since.

Learned computers got into the BBS craze and have been on fora ever since. Discovered Distributing Computing also (anyone remember Seti@Home?) one of those relaxing hobbies. Building Models, studying history (which I have done since I was a child) and generally learning everything I could about everything I passed by in my political years.

Always Always I have had the faith in the great creator of the universe had his plan.

So I think we have much in common sweets.

Good to know ya.....

Welcome to the forum.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

No where man.......I had to read your post a couple of times and I will go back,again.

Dog gone....we have so much in common,  I, also, went into politics.  Ran for office and on and on and on.  Got out actively when I realized that some people who support you have their hands out and I wanted no part of that.  Sen. Dole was my last on hands personal loved him politician.  I adored his wife, Elizabeth.

All of the men in my family were laborers.  My Dad, actually, submitted patent papers for the brake light warning, but couldn't continue because of money.  We had AC in our car before anyone else to my knowledge.  Don't laugh, but he put hot ice In the trunk of our car with a hose going into the car and there it was.  He, also, made us a clock radio.  Believe it or not. 

I am fascinated with your political endeavors.  I would like to hear more if you don't mind. 

Really bummed out about your back injury. 

Love music....first ever song I sang on WDSU TV Channel 6 N.O. was "Irish Lullaby",  What a mystical growing up I had and didn't even know it then.  I just did it ....not special....it is just what I did.  If it hadn't been for my Mother, I would never done any of this. 

Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Eddie Arnold....love it.

Keep a candle in the window.....Me

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dear Friend Dowser: I found out I was reincarnated while undergoing hypnosis. 

The hypnotist said he too was reincarnated.

He advised I used to be a stiff.

That is, I would borrow money.

Then not pay it back.

The hypnotist claimed I borrowed $5,400 from him in 1645.

Now he wants the principal, plus 372 years of back compound interest.

I told him to call my banker, Helen Hunt.

When people want to collect on debts older than one century, they can go to Helen and Hunt for it.

Yours in Karma, Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Lol, dear Enoch!!!

I must have been an awful person in a past life, because I'm surely not having very good karma these days-- either that, or I'm having great karma and just don't realize it.  I mean, no telling how many car wrecks I've avoided, all unaware...  

Enoch
Masters Quiet

Dear Friend Dowser: My karma is on high test.

Because you are my friend.

That is as good as it gets.

Smiles.

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Dear Enoch!  You are very kind!!!  Thank you!

Enoch
Masters Quiet

Dear Friend Dowser: Meant every word of it.

E.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

Geez, I bet that was scary.  If they are cornered better look out.  The local feed store gave us some kind of stuff to put around the garbage cans to keep them away. 

They really can be quite entertaining, though.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
link   Vic Eldred    7 years ago

I wish I had something to add. This little get together has proved to be more entertaining than tv.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago

Your participation would be greatly appreciated!  I don't know you very well and would like to know you better!  thumbs up

Enoch
Masters Quiet

Dear Friend Dowser: I highly recommend it.

Vic-Eldred is good people.

Smiles.

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

One more little question:  Why is it that when you see film of looters looting, they're never looting food, water, blankets, etc. at the Dollar Store?  They're always looting designer tennis shoes, etc.  

I find it much easier to understand, and forgive looters who are just looking for the necessities of life, than designer tennis shoes...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

Your participation would be greatly appreciated!  I don't know you very well and would like to know you better!

Is that for me?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

yes!  I should have addressed it to you!  winking

So, Vic, who were you in a past life?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

Dear Friend Dowser: I highly recommend it.

Vic-Eldred is good people.

Thanks for the kind words. Were you on Newsvine?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago

Dear Friend Vic-Eldred: Yes.

I used the screen name Enoch, and the same avatar there too.

I ran the room Chaplains Corner.

Belated welcome to the News Talkers.

As there, here you are most welcome to any discussion threads on the original articles I author and co-author with other News Talkers.

We look forward to learning from your wisdom, and basking in your warmth and humanity.

Peace and Abundant Blessings to You and Yours Always.

Enoch.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

So, Vic, who were you in a past life?

I've always had an interest in politics. I believe it determines how we are going to live. I've traveled a good deal of the country, though I keep ending up living in the Boston area. Now I tend grand kids, while my kids make a living.

Aside from shoe size, how about you?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I'm a retired hydrogeologist, living in Louisville, KY.  A KY native, I just don't seem to feel comfortable any place else.  I have one son, that I had when I was 43-- my miracle son!  He's in college now...  Married to a man that I adore, and the proud mama of 5 cats and 2 dogs.  I've never been to Boston, but always wanted to go!  

I make a mean mint julep...  winking

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Nice. I like a nice mint julep during a summer afternoon in SC.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Me, too!

Say, are y'all dry over there?  Been thinking about you!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

I was in Kentucky, last, in Oct-Nov 2015. I think I stayed in a town, Shelbyville, approx halfway between Louisville and Lexington. Bourbon & barbecues after the races - how's that sound?  It was a very rewarding trip. I love that state. 

I've had more than my share of mint juleps

There is a lot of history up here. If you ever get to Boston, you may want to make a trip to Lexington & Concord. If your'e a Puritan or fond of witches, lol - check out Salem, MA around Halloween time.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

You were less than 30 miles from my house, which is on the east side of Louisville, in Middletown!  Bourbon, barbeque, and horses!  You can't get better than that!  Next time you come, please let me know, and maybe we can meet for coffee, or something!  thumbs up

Did you go to Rebecca Ruth Candies in Shelbyville?  Or the Wakefield-Scearce Gallery?  I think Shelbyville is a really pretty area!  My Grandma was from just north of there, at New Castle, KY, which is just north of Eminence.  We've been in KY since 1806.  They have wonderful horse shows in Shelbyville!

What fun to go to Boston and partake of all of it's history!  I would really enjoy it!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred   7 years ago

Boston and Salem are fabulous to visit !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

I used the screen name Enoch, and the same avatar there too.

Sorry, I forgot all about that - and how could I forget someone who knows how to write articles and connect to people?  It's old age, plus the time of day.

As there, here you are most welcome to any discussion threads on the original articles I author and co-author with other News Talkers.

Thank you, now I do feel at home

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal

You were less than 30 miles from my house, which is on the east side of Louisville, in Middletown!  Bourbon, barbeque, and horses! 

I guess my geography was a little off, although it seemed to be an equal drive between Churchill Downs and Kneeland (the sales were going on there). All those things came naturally to me at an early age.

Next time you come, please let me know, and maybe we can meet for coffee, or something!  

What are we gonna do about that husband of yours? :)

Will do

Did you go to Rebecca Ruth Candies in Shelbyville?  Or the Wakefield-Scearce Gallery?  I think Shelbyville is a really pretty area!

Nope, unfortunately, the only place I went to in Shelbyville was the Waffle House across the street from the hotel. I did get to visit some distilleries & those legendary breeding farms. I actually got to do a lot considering I was only there about a month.

My Grandma was from just north of there, at New Castle, KY, which is just north of Eminence.  We've been in KY since 1806.

Wow, You are a certified Kentuckian! In my opinion a fun place to live

What fun to go to Boston and partake of all of it's history!  I would really enjoy it!

You let me know - I'll buy you a coffee --Ok, AND A BAGEL!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

We'll take my dear husband, too!  He's a member here, though not on much-- his name is Magnum.

It would be about the same distance, considering city miles and country miles...  The horse sales at Keeneland are amazing!  I met a Robert Burns there- a descendant of the original Robert Burns.  He was the queen's horse buyer and a lovely man!  

If you ever go back, you must visit the Wakefield-Scearce Gallery-- they import wonderful goodies from Europe to sell there.  It is a truly wonderful place that is often featured in the Southern Living Magazine...  It's located at Science Hill, an old boarding school from the 19-oughts...  Beautiful place!  You would love the KY Derby Museum, here in Louisville, too!  A very interactive museum with displays that are fascinating!  You can ride a horse in a derby race-- (virtual reality)-- and dress in jockey silks, and generally have a ball.  It is a place of neat history, too!

Well, Vic, it's been really great to meet you and to get to know you better!  PLEASE let me know if you're down my way again, and we'll fix up a "meet"!  KY is a fun place to live, all in all.  We still have drive-in movies, Dairy Drive Ins, wonderful county fairs, etc.  Lots of things to do here!  thumbs up

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

I'm outside one day talking with my daughter's boyfriend/fiance/common-law-husband.  We're talking about all my dogs, and I relate to him how my dogs are like different branches of the military.  (I wrote an article about this a long time ago)  How Sadie is like a Navy SEAL, quiet, stalking, never goes into a fight unless she has an advantage, Max and Cody are Army Infantry, barrelling into a fight, once the Marine Maggie has made the initial attack.  And Maverick, my Big Dog is Army Artillery, big heavy, kill everything within meter radius.

He looks over at the house, and sees our 4 little ankle biter lap dogs looking out the window.

"What about them?" he asks.

"Those dogs?"  I reply.  "In the house in the air conditioning?  They're Air Force."

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

09/13/17 08:24:31PM @therealbruce:

"Those dogs?"  I reply.  "In the house in the air conditioning?  They're Air Force."

E.A  laughing dudelaughing dudelaughing dudelaughing dude

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

It's funny how you make fun of us Air Force for having a better life than you mudsuckers, but when you need Close Air Support you are all nice and polite......

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

I pee in the shower.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Well, you'll never get athlete's feet from doing that. 

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

09/13/17 11:39:21PM @perrie-halpern:

Well, you'll never get athlete's feet from doing that. 

E.A More like a Cure then a Cause, having the wife pee on it is twice the benefit!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Well, I don't allow athletes in my shower, so I don't have to worry about getting that kind of ugly stuff. 

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

I pee in the shower.

Oh yeah?  Well I've peed in the ocean.  Twice.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

I like karaoke.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

Tonight, I'm drinking James Buchanan 18 year old Scotch.  Smooooooooooooooth!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

James Buchanan 

The only President from Pennsylvania and the only one to be a bachelor.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Now there's a great advertisement for Scotch; Drink this stuff and you may become President but you'll never get any girls.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Now there's a great advertisement for Scotch; Drink this stuff and you may become President but you'll never get any girls.

Speculation has it that Buchanan was gay …

… and had a pastry shop prior to becoming POTUS.

Not sure.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

So EVERY SINGLE one of my comments was a violation and was removed?!!!  You just can't make this shit up.  Message received loud and clear

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Don't complain. You're lucky. You may have been saved from the possibility of being banned for your comment where you wanted to feed Bruce a sandwich that included with the images of ingredients a little brown bottle with an orange skull and crossbones on it. I'm not the only member who saw that and knew what that was.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Don't feel bad, PJ. My comments were removed as well, and I don't think they were CoC violations. But, I understand why Perrie wanted to remove what she did and I am good with that. (smile)

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

yeah - I guess so but my best "sandwich" recipe got swept up in the censorship......  :0(   devil

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

It wasn't censorship. I explained what happened and why it got removed. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago
(deleted)

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The report should not have been acted upon, nor should PJ have been dressed down for what was clearly a joke.

Please let it go John.  Many of us are having a great time getting to know each other.  Please don't spoil it for the rest of us.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
link   ausmth  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

On the plus side PJ you have gained some good will from several conservatives like me who found out you have a wicked sense of humor.  That is a good thing!  Not enough good humor these days.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Dear Colt-- I just saw your reply to me on an instant message, but can't find it to hit the reply button!  Take care and I'll definitely keep an eye out for you!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

President Trump just fell down a flight of stairs in a Florida FEMA office and broke his neck.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

What???

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Just seeing if anyone here is awake.

Kavika
Professor Principal

Is anyone have any of the following problems. 

1. When responding to a email alert on a comment, it takes forever to get to the comment.

2. When responding to a comment  it doesn't take you to the correct place. I sometime end up dozens of comments away from where it should be. 

3. I get some email alerts and but others. If I don't respond to you it's because I have no idea that there is a comment.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Is anyone have any of the following problems. 

1. When responding to a email alert on a comment, it takes forever to get to the comment.

2. When responding to a comment  it doesn't take you to the correct place. I sometime end up dozens of comments away from where it should be. 

3. I get some email alerts and but others. If I don't respond to you it's because I have no idea that there is a comment.

YES!

YES!

Not sure about #3

Can this finally be addressed and fixed?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

I have the same problem as # 1 and #2 Kavika, and sometimes #3

Also, when I reply to a comment the message does not disappear in the comment window after I post the comment, thus, it does not take me up to the comment I responded to making think the reply did not post. And it stays in the comment window even if I reply to another members comment and I have to delete the old comment before I can enter a new one.

Like you, I have cleared all the cache and that does not seem to resolve the problems.

TTGA
Professor Silent

Like you, I have cleared all the cache and that does not seem to resolve the problems.

It won't solve that one Raven.  It's been happening on and off for a long time now.  The thing to do about it is not hard though.

1.  DO NOT hit the Post Your Comment button again.  That will result in a double post.

2.  Once you have hit the Post button, click on the arrow on the right side of the screen.  This will take you to the top of  the article.

3.  Click on the Home button.  This takes you to the FP.

4.  Find your comment in the first box and click on your name (not the name of the article but your name).  That will bring the article back up and (eventually) take you back to your comment.  You can also scroll down to your comment but it could be a long way down.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Thank you for the additional information, TTGA. As you said, the issue with the reply comment window has been around for some time. I learned early on not to click the post tab again, but, as I get notifications of replies to my comments in an article and other posted comments to an article I am following via my email program which is local, I simply go back to the notification of the reply or new comment in my email inbox and click on the link to the response I replied to again and it takes me back to the comment I replied to and I can see my reply there. That saves me from having go back to the FP and look for my own reply. 

However, there may be some members that don't use a local email program as I do, so your steps would be a very good way to get back to the comment they are responding to and find their reply. 

Thank you again for sharing your very good method to finding your reply comment again. (smile)

ausmth
Freshman Silent

Yes

Yes

I use personal notes to track comments instead of email.  Mrs Ausmth wanted to know who Perrie was.  At my age I am flattered.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Just tell Mrs Ausmth that Perrie is the site DS (Drill Sergeant).

(RW running to hide under a palm frond from flying hockey stick)

ausmth
Freshman Silent

I told her that Perrie was a moderator on a forum site.  I am not in trouble.  Had I shown her Perrie's picture I might be.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  ausmth   7 years ago

blushing

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

" I told her that Perrie was a moderator on a forum site.  I am not in trouble."

Whew!  Great save play, ausmth! chuckle

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Kavika! On the

Christian Baker Case About First Amendment, ‘Compelled Speech’

I can not find my own messages once I refresh the screen! "Control +F" maximizes a Youtube video there. And "Control + F" won't find my comments! This all started yesterday. And the chat window has its own chat bar!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  CB   7 years ago

calbab...regarding the chat issue you have. I had the same problem and reported it to Perrie. Here is what she recommended:

"You need to dump your cache. Cometchat changed the chat again. It's still not working right either. It will look different after you dump the cache but it will work."

Hope this helps. (smile)

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Here's a good one for you.  So, I'm down at the bottom at the last comment which is one by Raven Wing.  I have looked through all the comments coming in much later than they were made.  After getting to the bottom I want to refresh the screen or article to see if there are more comments, so you will see my cursor go to the top of the screen to refresh it and then you see what happens..... Better viewed in full screen. Click to full screen in video.  I've cleared cache so many times my pockets are turned inside out.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Sixpick....I don't see anything that your cursor is pointing to on my end. All I see is scrolling up the list of comments to the top and there is a secondary picture there and your cursor clicks on a tab in that picture that I don't see on my end to click. 

Here is a snippet of the other picture that I see in your video, and your cursor points to the square in the middle on the far left of the top of the picture to refresh. I don't see that on my end.

ASixpick.JPG

I have noticed that the other comments made by me and TTGA at the bottom of the comment list do not show up anywhere now. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

OK...I enlarged the screen and watched the video again as you suggested, but, I don't see anything on my end that relates to your instructions or cursor action. Sorry.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Let me tell you what I did Raven.  I recorded what happens when I refresh the screen.  When you see my cursor going to the top of the screen it is going to refresh the screen.  It's outside of the recording box, so you can't see it at that point, but as soon as I click at the top outside the recording box to refresh the screen, it starts refreshing and in doing so it scrolls by itself until it gets back down to the comment I was at, which was yours. 

That other picture you see and which is in your comment is the program I'm using.  Since I'm recording, it comes up on the screen as well at the start and and the end of the recording when I start recording and then when I stop the recording.  I minimize it during the process and it is at the bottom where you can't see it.  The best thing to do is before you do anything is make the screen a full screen choice in the video and then play it.

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I've cleared cache numerous times.  I'm just curious if anyone else has to look at every comment scrolling down the screen every time they refresh the page.  Thanks for your help.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Ahh...ok, now I see what the picture is for. I use Windows Mail as my email program on my computer and I get notices of replies to my comments and others on articles I am following there. So I click on the link to the reply and it takes me to the comment of the other person. It takes several seconds to search the comment out, but, I don't have to scroll down the entire list of comments to get to the comment I want to reply to. 

"Thanks for your help"

You are most welcome. Glad to help anytime. (smile)

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Actually Raven, this is not the same.  It has nothing to do with email.  Before I started recording what is happening, I clicked on "Start" and choose "Ocam".  It pops up on the screen, like this screen here over there on the right side.  I click record in that program and it starts recording the screen and since it is also on the screen it records it being there.  Then I minimize it and that's when it goes away and is at the bottom of the screen where you can't see it because it is out of the the part of the screen that isn't being recorded.

Then I take my cursor and move it to the top of the screen out of view and choose to refresh the screen.  It starts scrolling on its own.  I can't scroll that fast. LOL  The screen automatically scrolls until it finally stops and who knows where that will be, but in the video above it actually stopped on your comment where it started.

Now when I post this comment it will appear somewhere under you comment, but this box will still be just like it is now at the bottom of the screen or the last comment like I haven't posted it.  I can't do anything until it is cleared up, so I have to go back to the top, refresh the screen and let it automatically scroll through all those comments.  Then this box right here looking like I haven't pushed the button yet will be clear.  Then I'm back in business.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.  I think EA may have thought I manually scrolled down the screen, but that is not the case, it does it on its own.  Whatever it is I'll figure it out. 

Like I've read articles with a lot of comments of course take a lot longer to refresh.  It does make it difficult to participate in anything.  I've been pushing the car instead of riding in it. LOL

I'm off to bed.  Thanks waving

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

OK, I see what you mean now. Have a good nights rest. We'll push the car some more tomorrow. (grin)

user image
Freshman Silent
link     replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

09/15/17 01:19:56AM @sixpick:

I'm just curious if anyone else has to look at every comment scrolling down the screen every time they refresh the page.  Thanks for your help.

E.A no

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

I've seen Tom Cruise scratch his balls in the LAX airport.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I guess the obvious question is why were you looking at Tom Cruise's balls sister.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

LOL...I was going to say somebody has to touch them and it sure as hell isn't going to be me! eek

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uptownchick   7 years ago

LOL...I was going to say somebody has to touch them and it sure as hell isn't going to be me!

Too right.  Who knows where those balls have been?

BTW...♥♥♥

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

" Who knows where those balls have been?"

Ummm.....maybe that is why he was doing so much scratching. winking

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Maybe him and Tom had a thing going on. (grin)

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Tom was using the one-handed method, but I must admit that there was an uncanny resemblance.  Even the looks on their faces were similar.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I don't even want to think about it Sister! Would need about a case of mind bleach to get rid of that mental image!

BTW...back atcha ♥♥♥

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I guess the obvious question is why were you looking at Tom Cruise's balls sister.

Wouldn't you?

But seriously, we had about an hour and a half layover before working the flight back to Houston.  While we were all innocently reading our bibles (because flight attendants and pilots would never use their down-time to sit there and make shitty remarks about every single person who walked by...), someone glanced up and there was Tom-boy with an entourage of about 15 people.  15 people...true story.  We were discussing how short he was in real life when suddenly, he started scratching his nether regions.  I have to admit, we were rendered speechless (a fete in its own right) for 30 seconds because he just kept scratching and scratching.  Finally, our captain said, "I'm surprised he isn't having one of his minions do it for him."   We all laughed so hard and so loud, that Tom and his group looked over at us.  In unplanned unison, all 11 of us quickly looked away in a myriad of directions and started whistling.  I'm sure we didn't look conspicuous or anything...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

''Wouldn't you?'' Ahhh, actually no. LOL

That's quite the story, BTW minions are not for hire ball scratchers...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I've seen Tom Cruise scratch his balls in the LAX airport.

Tom wants to know …

Was that you?

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Tom wants to know …Was that you?

Me and the rest of the flight crew. Tell him not to worry, though. His secret is safe with us.  And Page Six , of course.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

Lately articles with hundreds of comments load very, very slowly. I cleared my browser but it's still really slow.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Dear Friend Pat Wilson: Perhaps closing this out, and starting fresh with a RTOAT Part II is a way to overcome system overload.

Is worth a try.

Great point.

Thanks and Regards.

E. .

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

We are having the most beautiful weather that I ever seen for the middle of September.  We are having late October weather.  While sitting outside, I saw a hawk soaring in the sky.  I wonder what it would be like? 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing    7 years ago

magnoliaave, we are also having some very unusual weather here in So Calif where I live. Normally, Sept is the hottest month of our summer with temps in the 110-115 degrees at times, and so far this month the temps have been well below 100 degrees, and mostly in the low 90's to upper 70's. So I am really wondering what the winter will bring. Last winter we had record rainfall that broke a 4 year drought in just two months time. Today it's 77 degrees, when normally it would be in the 100's.

Not that I am complaining, it is very welcome for a change, but, it does make me wonder.  $%^)@%(^

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

Raven.....we have such humid weather that, sometimes, it is hard to breathe.  But, not for three days now.  In the 70's and the humidity is so low.

I am not complaining either.  Your weather report from Sweet Home Alabama on the Gulf Coast!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Being as we are desert arid here in So Calif, we don't have much humidity. But, I lived in Mobile Alabama when I was a young girl with one of my Aunts and Uncles, and I know the woes of the kind of humidity that area has. Having lived in So Calif for many years after moving here from East Texas, the relief from the humidity and the mold and mildew that it creates was a big relief. When I lived for a couple of years back in No Virginia in 2004 2006 I got reintroduced to the humidity and all that comes with it. It took some getting used to again, as well as the huge amount of mosquitoes, which I am very allergic to. But, I did enjoy the beauty of the area, and it reminded me a lot of when I lived in Mobile. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

I live across Mobile Bay and it is like another world to the troubles that our Country is facing.

Growing up In N.O., I can tell you about mosquitos you won't believe. 

That's cool you lived in Mobile.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Yeah....I do know about those mosquitoes in that area. I lived in Metairie LA not far from N.O., and it was always a fight to keep from getting bit by them. That was before my Aunt and Uncle moved to Mobile. My Cousins and I used to hunt of crawdads in the drain ditches along the highway near where they lived with a stick and a piece of string with a safety pin on the end tied to it. We walked along the ditches and looked for the air bubbles where the crawdads were hiding and then dug them out. Then we'd take them back home and my Aunt would cook up great Cajun dish for us. (smile) 

TTGA
Professor Silent

Ladies,

I've dealt with mosquitoes all over the country and in Southeast Asia and I must tell you that you haven't even seen mosquitoes until you've seen the ones in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  They've even written a song about them.  They're called Chiquitos, supposedly the result of a cross between a mosquito and a chicken.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

What a wild and crazy song, TTGA. The biggest and worst mosquitoes I have ever seen were those in Florida, along with the flying cockroaches. If you swat at one with a swatter, they'll take the dang thing away from you and beat the bejeesus out of you with it, and the skeeters are a big as horse flies. stunned

My allergy issue with mosquitoes is I am very allergic to their salava, and the chemical that they inject into the bite area to keep the blood free flowing which they fill up. Every place they bite me results in a nasty boil and infection, as well as an allergic reaction that makes it hard for me to breathe. So I do my best to avoid them as best as possible. 

TTGA
Professor Silent

Those guys write and sing some pretty good ones.  The group is called Da Yoopers.  Yoop is the way you would pronounce the letters UP (for Upper Peninsula).  Therefore, people who live up there are Yoopers.  They call those of us who live in the Lower Peninsula trolls (not in the internet sense; trolls are creatures who live under bridges and, if you look at a map of Michigan on a wall, the Lower Peninsula is under the Mackinac Bridge).  By the way, if you want to hear more of their songs (My favorite is called The Second Week of Deer Camp) just put Da Yoopers into the search engine of You Tube.

So I do my best to avoid them as best as possible.

There is a way to keep them away from you, although I don't know if it's available to you in California.  Deep Woods Off is probably the best of the regularly available insect repellents.  The active ingredient is called DEET.  Deep Woods Off has about 3% Deet.  The mosquitoes in the UP simply ignore it.  While we were at the Taquamonen  Falls State Park, just south of the Lake Superior shoreline and about 50 miles west of the Canadian border at Ste. St. Marie, I went into the Park Store to see about something to keep the mosquitoes and black flies away.  The store manager sold me a small spray bottle and told me to be careful not to put too much on in case it irritated the skin.  The bottle contained about two ounces of 100% DEET, and it worked.  If you can get some of that, it will keep all insects away. I've heard that it works even in Southern Alaska, which is supposed to be the absolute worst in the world for mosquitoes in the Spring.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

TTGA....Thank you for the additional information. I have tried the Deep Woods Off without DEET, but, It made me itch really bad. So I use the Cutter without DEET. It comes in spray and roll-on and. It works really good to keep the skeeters away as well. I prefer the roll-on as I don't like the smell of the spray. They also have a wipes as well, but, they are too heavily scented for me. My Brother used the DEET when in Vietnam during that war and he said it worked really great for mosquitoes. 

TTGA
Professor Silent

My Brother used the DEET when in Vietnam during that war and he said it worked really great for mosquitoes.

And, luckily, a lot of other insects.  There were bugs over there that made mosquitoes seem like cuddly little things.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

TTGA... my Brother was on a PT Boat, so he was exposed to the water quite a bit on patrol. I can only imagine that there were a lot of other types of insects that the DEET would work well on. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

TTGA... I tried to reply to your newer comment but it isn't showing up now, even though I got the email notice of your reply. Not sure why it is not showing up now. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

So we want to see how posting a comment is working, at least for me.  I'll use this comment as an example  Now the best way to view this is click on the far right tab in the video for full screen to be able to see it better.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Well....it finally showed the Load More Comments bar at the bottom of the screen so when I clicked on that it showed the rest of the comments TTGA and I posted. 

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet

Why do women fart after they pee?

Since they can't shake it, they have to blow dry it.