Plame Knew What She Was Tweeting

Plame Knew What She Was Tweeting

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

And I will say "Well put" to Dershowitz's article.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    7 years ago

Agreed Buzz. Well said and spot on. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    7 years ago

Dershowitz is a hoot,  some people believe he has his own bias, as he writes somewhat regularly for the Islamophobic Gatestone Institute.

Notes:  The Gatestone Institute , formerly Stonegate Institute, is a “not-for-profit international policy council and think tank based in New York City” with a specialization in strategy and defense issues. Gatestone Institute is  anti-Islamic, pro-Christian and Jewish/Israel. Many of the articles will link back to sites that don’t say what they claim or make the same rash judgments, without proof. Example: Obama tells Christians to not protest in Egypt then has no quotes or sources saying he said that. (M. Allen 12/30/2016)

Gatestone Institute - Powerbase

powerbase.info/index.php/ Gatestone_Institute

The Gatestone Institute publishes articles by a number of ... Promoting anti - Muslim writers. Gatestone publishes a number of prominent writers from the anti - Muslim .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

It all depends on who you have the propensity to believe, and I don't pooh pooh an article if it states facts (ones you tend to ignore) and if the articles fit in with a lot of information gathered from other sources. I have a lot of respect for Dershowitz, you don't, so we differ.

I just posted an article by Robert Fulford on Islamophobia - a word that really is not used properly and is not defined properly in its useage.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago
Has the SPLC asked you to join their Board of Governors yet, John?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    7 years ago
Has the SPLC asked you to join their Board of Governors yet, John?

Isn't that a personal attack Buzz/Lucifer? It sure doesn't address the seed or the content of John's comment. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @1.1.4    7 years ago

How could that be an insult or personal attack? The SPLC is an organization that is respected and supported (to the extent of millions of dollars) and lauded by many Americans, especially anyone who, like John, is on the leftist side of American society. If it has not joined John's sentiments about Gatestone Institute by naming it to be "Islamophobic" and joining it to its long "Hate Group" list, then it must have accidentally missed it. 

And by the way, I posted the article and I can decide what is relevant to post or not.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

When you can't deny the facts, attack the source.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.7  tomwcraig  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

The accusation they are anti-Muslim is probably due to John Bolton being their Chairman:

Dershowitz is actually an American Jew, whom has remained a member of the Democratic Party despite being highly critical of them in the past several years:

I suggest you read the article about Dershowitz before you lambast him.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.7    7 years ago

The fact that he remains a member of the Democratic Party, and professes to be a liberal, yet has the critical thinking skills to criticize that party when such is deserved, is proof that he is a lot smarter than those who blindly follow and agree with everything the party and liberals say and do. 

When I read this in the Wikipedia article about Dershowitz, I burst out laughing:

He later said his teachers told him to do something that "requires a big mouth and no brain ... so I became a lawyer".

I think that for some people it's hard to admit that someone is a lot smarter than they are and provide them the respect that is their due, but I have no such problem. I think he's brilliant, and I believe, admire and respect almost everything he writes NO MATTER WHERE HE WRITES IT.  But then, of course I'm obviously not as "smart" as those who can only find fault with him.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.9  tomwcraig  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    7 years ago

Buzz,

I actually respect him and he is one of the few Liberal Democrats that I do respect.  I respect him, because he speaks his mind and speaks as honestly as possible and is not afraid to take even his own party to task for being stupid.  The Democrats have been falling all over themselves to support Plame and now that she stepped deeply into the manure pit of racism; they are shocked about it.  However, they only had to see when she talked about buying Twitter just to ban Trump; they should have realized that she is hate-filled at that point.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.5    7 years ago
How could that be an insult or personal attack? The SPLC is an organization that is respected and supported

But not by you Buzz/Lucifer. You connected your abhorrence of them onto John.

And by the way, I posted the article and I can decide what is relevant to post or not.  

I didn't say anything about relevance Buzz/Lucifer. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

John,

I'm agreeing with Buzz on this one. This isn't about the Gatestone Institute, or Islamophobia  but rather the facts to this particular story. Plame knew damn well what she was tweeting, she just didn't expect the blowback. And Dershowitz is right when he says:

What the hard right and hard left share in common is special bigotry toward Jews: the neo-Nazi right hates the Jewish people; and the hard left hates the nation state of the Jewish people and those Jews who support it. Both views are bigoted and must not become acceptable among centrist liberals and conservatives.

How can that be considered extreme? Answer.. it isn't

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    7 years ago

I don't know enough about Valerie Plame to say whether or not she is anti-Jewish. If she regularly praises articles from an anti-semitic website that would be evidence against her.

Dershowitz is a topic here. He is castigating Plame for bigotry when he writes regular articles for a bigoted website. Sorry. That's the facts too.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    7 years ago

Dershowitz is a topic here

Actually no, it's Plame. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and he isn't the only one who has castigating her for these tweets. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.1    7 years ago

he isn't the only one who has castigating her for these tweets. 

I didn't say he was.

Dershowitz has a really big mouth about these things and if he wants to have moral authority he should stop writing for an anti-Muslim site.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.1    7 years ago

Actually, I have to disagree with you. If you are going to bolster you position by quoting Dershowitz, his past actions become part of the discussion. Just as Dershowitz made Plame's past retweets from the same website and same author, part of the discussion. 

IMHO Dershowitz is a patrician putz. His newest book decries the 'criminalization of politics' and he whines about Mueller's investigation without saying a word about Trump and Flynn leading their followers in chanting "Lock her up!" Hell, Trump did it again just yesterday. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @2.1.3    7 years ago

Dulay,

No matter what Dershowitz has said or published the facts remain... she made these comments. They were all over twitter, and she didn't do it just once, but multiple times. Then when she got blowback, came the apologies. Well that didn't work for Mel, and it isn't going to work for her. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    7 years ago

Dershowitz is not a topic here, nor is Gatestone Institute a topic. The source is not a topic notwithstanding that your comments are aimed to diffuse and deflect as much as possible from the facts in the article. Intelligent members are bound to see through that.

"Facts? Facts? Who needs facts?"  (I'm trying my best to remember where I heard that - I think it was a movie, but perhaps someone else can identify the source). It is a relevent statement considering some of the comments on this article.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.4    7 years ago
No matter what Dershowitz has said or published the facts remain... she made these comments.

It's the pot calling the kettle black.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    7 years ago
"Facts? Facts? Who needs facts"

Mark Twain famously said...

“Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”

I think the issue is more "Who needs Facts when we have Feelings"

Which is a phenomenon Stephen Colbert identified in 2014 and labeled "Truthiness" or "feelpinions"

In other words, "My feelings are more fact that actual fact." or "I Feel it is true so it MUST be true"

As an actual quote my friend, I see no general usage of this comment/question in the public disapora before 2014.

But, I have to admit, it does feel good....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1.7    7 years ago

I just realized that I made it up. I was thinking of a line spoken by the Commander in Chief of the French Army in the movie "The Life of Emile Zola", when asked if he had read Zola's latest negative writing about the French Army.  He actually said "Books? Books? I don't read books".  I guess the mind does weird twists now snd then.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    7 years ago

Buzz, you are right.  The seed is about what Plame said and did and the anti Semitic nature of what she retweeted.  You as the seeder, Dershowitz as the author, and the source that published his writings is not the the issue to discuss here.  Valerie Plame and her multiple retweets of works by an anti Semite are.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I could be IN SOMEONE'S OPINION wrong 10 times, but when I then make a comment that is RIGHT, only a bigot would say I have to be wrong BECAUSE IN THEIR OPINION I was wrong in the past.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    7 years ago

And Brother, the concept of what you say here is lost on the politically subversive mind.....

And it isn't so much as bigotry, but a revelation of lack of intelligence as opposed to evidence of lack of education.