╌>

Any Regrets ?

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  35 comments

Any Regrets ?

As we go through life, we do things that we should do...and some things that we shouldn't do. Some people regret not doing something, that they now wish they had done. At times some people regret things that they may have said to another person.

The thing I regret the most, is not furthering my Education. I also regret quitting piano lessons when I was a child.

Do you have any regrets? What are they??

Please, feel free to share them...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

I think everyone has regrets of some sort, after, we are only human...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    9 years ago

"Regrets are rays of light that come too late" (Merrit Maloy)

Nona62
Professor Silent

I love that definition...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

A number of years ago I bought a cottage on a lake in Ontario's cottage country, and it was a joy for my whole family. We had room to bring friends up to spend weekends with us, and the kids could also invite friends. It was on a very deep 5-mile long lake that was not granite, but limestone based which counteracted the acid rain poison drifting over Canada from the USA, so the fish (including plentiful bass and lake trout) were edible and the water was pure enough to drink (annually tested by the government) only needing a simple stone filter. We brought a neighbour couple who were friends with my wife and myself (we also had kids the same age who got along well) to our cottage and they fell in love with the lake so we helped them find a cottage to buy, not far from ours. He was an advertising manager for a substantial Canadian magazine, and was so enamoured with cottage life that he wanted to start up a magazine about it and sought funding to start up his magazine. I could have funded it and partnered in the magazine. I had been editor-in-chief of my university newspaper for 2 years and had publishing experience as well by becoming editor of a popular folk music magazine, and so between us we could have pulled it off. I tried unsuccessfully to get him funding from a commercial lender, but ignored the fact that I could have done it myself. Well, the magazine took off - it has grown and is a huge success since so many people in Canada do have cottages and the magazine is highly professional and desireable. As well they also run an annual 3-day cottage-themed exhibition that is attended by thousands and commercial suppliers such as boat companies, cottage builders, real estate agents, equipment manufactuers, etc. vie to buy display space.

I would have loved that life, and might have moved to my year-round cottage, and it is true that I very much regret not providing the funding and partnering with our neighbour. It would have taken my life into an entirely different direction, and not one that wore me down so I had no choice but to retire for the benefit of my health.

But all the same, although I have that regret, I have no regret for the adventure I eventually chose for myself to discover the Orient, and to marry a woman whom I cannot and wish not to live without.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

Far, far, far, far too many to list. Sorry.

Nona62
Professor Silent

So, at the end of he day, it's all good!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Yes, in a different and unexpected way, but that doesn't mean it is not a regret.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I think that as long as we learn from our mistakes, we're OK, but when a person continues to make the same mistakes over and over again, there's definitely a need for help of some kind.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'm sure you don't regret marrying your wife AT ALL !!! It's obvious that you are madly in love with her. 9.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Too many and too numerous to discuss here-- but then, I'm always harder on myself than anyone else could be! Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I have a friend like that, some days all I hear is "Why me?"

Nona62
Professor Silent

Dear Dowser.....You probably only have a half a hand full, you're so kind and caring....

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

The only meaningful regrets I have are not taking greater risks in business and in my personal choices.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Hindsight is always twenty-twenty....

Nona62
Professor Silent

We all have regrets. As long as you learned fromthem....is what's important.

Nona62
Professor Silent

:-) No worries.....

pat wilson
Professor Participates

That's the victim mentality and it should be avoided.

pat wilson
Professor Participates

That's what regrets are, right ?

Nona62
Professor Silent

When she starts up, I just give her a certain look, and then she changes her "tune"

Nona62
Professor Silent

Absolutely! Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

"Nona gives badfish THE LOOK!"

Nona62
Professor Silent

Ahem.....Not that look...Smile.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

touchee

Nona62
Professor Silent

Smile.gif Smile.gif Smile.gif Smile.gif Smile.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Oh, I have a lot of improving to do! But thank you! Smile.gif

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    9 years ago
Not many regrets. I look back and see where I could have made better choices, but a different choice may have led to a different place, and I am happy where I am.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Nona

I was very (fanatically my wife would say) career focused for man years and I regret the lost time with my wife and my boys, though those efforts benefited us and the boys in many ways that we are now grateful for in later life.

There are tradeoffs for the decisions we make, foreseeing and properly valuing those tradeoffs is the big challenge in life.

Nona62
Professor Silent

The most important thing is that everything turned out well.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Now........ Nona gives Robert G that look......

Nona62
Professor Silent

and I am happy where I am. That's' good , not everyone can say that! Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

The best part is, it all worked out for the best for everyone! You got your wonderful, and they got a wonderful Mother....

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Nona

Indeed

Nona62
Professor Silent

RIO Smile.gif Smile.gif

RW.....I should have written....." You got your wonderful children", and they got a wonderful Mother....

Nona62
Professor Silent

It's all about ...WHO??