╌>

Pregnant Popeyes Manager Fired After Robbery

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  13 comments

company_signs_0_1429782108.jpg

( NEWSER ) A Popeyes shift manager roughed up during an armed robbery says she was fired within 48 hours after she refused to pay back the $400 the thief made off with. Marissa Holcomb, who is pregnant with her fourth child, tells KHOU the robber forced other employees to the floor during the March 31 heist. "By the back of my shirt, he pulled me up and he pushed me to the front," she says.

"He told me to give him everything out of my safe." But she could only open the registerwhich franchise owner Z&H Foods says had too much cash in it, in violation of company policy. Holcomb says she put cash in the safe as regularly as she could, but the Channelview, Texas, restaurant was swamped because of a $1.19 chicken deal.

Read more: http://www.1025thebear.com/articles/weird-news-104673/pregnant-popeyes-manager-fired-after-robbery-13529333/#ixzz3YAqcBiW9

http://www.1025thebear.com/articles/weird-news-104673/pregnant-popeyes-manager-fired-after-robbery-13529333/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

Holcomb says she put cash in the safe as regularly as she could, but the Channelview, Texas, restaurant was swamped because of a $1.19 chicken deal.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

I wouldn't take the job back, I'd sue. I mean obviously this asshole of a manager is going to find another reason to fire her after everything has calmed down anyway. Anyone who is that big of a dick is bound to. Find a good attorney and sue for wrongful termination and emotional damages.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Over $400 lousy bucks?! The owner is a dickhead and will now lose, as this will surely not be good PR.

Nona62
Professor Silent

What a jerk!! I wouldn't want that job back, but, seeing that this is her 4th child, she more than likely needs the job.

Nona62
Professor Silent

as this will surely not be good PR. Definitely not good PR! What a MORON!!

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    9 years ago

I'm sorry, I know I am going to get a lot of flack for this, but rules are rules. I am sure Popeye's has a reason for this rule, and she didn't follow it. This was not the first time she broke this policy. She was warned before, and now wants to cry because she didn't follow policy. It was heartless of them to fire her, especially since she must have really needed the job, but at what point are people responsible for not following policy and realizing that their actions may have consequences?

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Every violation of Popeye's policy is not enforced, I assume.

I'll say! I mean have you ever had their potatoes? I mean maybe they intended to make them to be that bad, in which case they succeeded, but if not then someone along the line in the Popeye's chain is not following procedure when it comes to them! I buy my Popeye's and just throw the potatoes out. Their biscuits aren't as good as KFC either, though they are edibile. Good thing their chicken is good or I wouldn't stop at all.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

There are rules, and there is humanity. A choice in each circumstance should be made. An excuse for that much money in the till was given, and that excuse could have been verified.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Never had Popeye's...and I don't think I will, now that I know they are not all that good.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

It you go, just eat the chicken. Everything else there sucks dead baby bears!

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif Everything else there sucks dead baby bears! Never heard that one!!

Randy
Sophomore Participates

That's only when something is REALLY bad!Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL Bad, as in make yon puke bad???