╌>

CAL-EXIT?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sunshine  •  6 years ago  •  213 comments

CAL-EXIT?

SACRAMENTO — With the reading of their own version of a Declaration of Independence, founders of the state of New California took the first steps to what they hope will eventually lead to statehood. CBS Sacramento reports they don't want to leave the United States, just California.

"Well, it's been ungovernable for a long time. High taxes, education, you name it, and we're rated around 48th or 50th from a business climate and standpoint in California," said founder Robert Paul Preston.

The state of New California would incorporate most of the state's rural counties, leaving the urban coastal counties to the current state of California.
"There's something wrong when you have a rural county such as this one, and you go down to Orange County which is mostly urban, and it has the same set of problems, and it happens because of how the state is being governed and taxed," Preston said.
Cal-exit? Meet the movement for California secession
But unlike other separation movements in the past, the state of New California wants to do things by the book, citing Article 4, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution and working with the state legislature to get it done, similar to the way West Virginia was formed.
"Yes. We have to demonstrate that we can govern ourselves before we are allowed to govern," said founder Tom Reed.
And despite obstacles, doubters, and obvious long odds, the group stands united in their statehood dream.
The group is organized with committees and a council of county representatives, but say it will take 10 to 18 months before they are ready to fully engage with the state legislature.
This is not the first effort to split up California. In 2014, Silicon Valley venture capitalist Tim Draper submitted signatures to put a measure that would split California in six separate states. 

Source

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Sunshine    6 years ago
"Well, it's been ungovernable for a long time.

Can you blame them?

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1    6 years ago

<Face Palm>  All the money is in the Urban areas, why cut off your nose in spite of your face. I see another red state being created that clamors lower taxes and less regulations will work, but fail to mention that they will have to receive millions in federal aid because they cannot support themselves because of those very same policies.  If its not working in Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Montana..etc, why would it work there?

I always thought the right was against re-distribution.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @1.1    6 years ago
All the money is in the Urban areas,

It is?  I thought it was in agriculture and cows.

Perhaps the rural areas are tired of the larger populated areas ruining their state.  All the pot farms are in northern California and the large cities suck them dry.  

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.2  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    6 years ago
It is?  I thought it was in agriculture and cows

It certainly seems to be in pot

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.3  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    6 years ago

As does agriculture in general

2.  The Golden State is also known for its agriculture. The long growing season and good soil in California plays a vital part in crop production.  California is the top state in the United States for all farm income. California produces almost all of the country's almonds, apricots, dates, figs, kiwi fruit, nectarines, olives, pistachios, prunes, and walnuts and leads in the production of avocados, grapes, lemons, melons, peaches, plums, and strawberries. 

As for oranges, only one state — Florida — produces more oranges.  California was also the third-ranked producer of livestock cash receipts — behind Texas and Iowa —  according to the   USDA .  

Agriculture is a major industry for the Golden State. With 76,400 farms and ranches, California agriculture is a $54 billion dollar industry that generates at least $100 billion in related economic activity. [ CDFA's Mission ]

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.4  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    6 years ago

I knew you were going to mention Agriculture. 

The majority of all Agri business in Cali is controlled by a very small and well managed collective.  The money does not stay in the rural environment, the benefits go directly to the companies controlling it and they reside in the urban areas. The farmers, ranchers and their helpers see very little economic benefit.

Another lost benefit, is the fishing, California is near the top in commercial fishing, you also lose a major user of the services industry, which generates the highest portion of the state's gross state product, and you lose the manufacturing of computer machinery which ranks second in production, followed by food product processing of baked goods, beverages, canned fruits and vegetables.

What you are left with is a bunch of small tows drowning in Drug and Gang violence with a major portion of their population being illegal immigrants working in the fields to pick the fruit that will have to be shipped to Old California for processing, selling and shipping to the global market.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.4    6 years ago
The farmers, ranchers and their helpers see very little economic benefit.

You obviously aren't acquainted with one of the many shitbag repukelican "farmers" in Congress by the name of Dough LaMalfa.   Look him up.  

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.6  DRHunk  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.5    6 years ago

Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, received over $1.7 million in traditional farm subsidies (Handouts) from 1995 to 2016.

I would put him into the small collective that controls he industry.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.7  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    6 years ago
Perhaps the rural areas are tired of the larger populated areas ruining their state.

The population also has the power in a country because it is impossible for it not to. When will you understand that the political power in the US lies with the people and not with the land?  Acres and cows don't vote!  Farmer Bob with 3000 acres has the very same one vote as does the guy who lives in an 800 sq ft apartment in LA.

Conservatives trotted out this same BS argument when they showed the red area of the country that voted for Trump. Most of that red area in the rural midwest, the desert, and the mountains is uninhabited.  

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.8  epistte  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.6    6 years ago
Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, received over $1.7 million in traditional farm subsidies (Handouts)

If New California leaves, which won't happen, then those federal subsidies would disappear. Obviously, the people who support this nonsense do not understand politics or macroeconomics.

This is just another delusional TEAparty fantasy. Maybe Sarah Palin will come out of retirement to run for governor. 

Junior Participates
1.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  epistte @1.1.7    6 years ago
Conservatives trotted out this same BS argument when they showed the red area of the country that voted for Trump. Most of that red area in the rural midwest, the desert, and the mountains is uninhabited.

Desperation drives people to do and say idiotic things and there's no more desperate societal niche than rightwingers. 

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.10  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.9    6 years ago

Or those still Suffering from Hillary LOST Butt Hurt Bern............

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.7    6 years ago
When will you understand that the political power in the US lies with the people and not with the land?

on a state level.  that is why some want a New California I guess....to get rid of those people controlling the entire state.  when will you understand?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.12  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.11    6 years ago
that is why some want a New California I guess....to get rid of those people controlling the entire state.

You just proved my previous statement about the ignorance of macroeconomics. New California doesn't have enough money to stand on its own and not be a welfare state.   It is the populated areas of the state that pay the bills with their taxes. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.12    6 years ago

oh I think they could......

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.14  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.13    6 years ago

What do they have to generate those taxes when most of that land is uninhabited?  The property taxes on working farmland is a write-off, so there isn't money to be gained there.

SoCal is not going to let their water supply from the Sierras fall into the hands of others.

The State Water Project is a system of reservoirs, pump stations, storage facilities, power plants, and 660 miles of pipes and canals that spans two-thirds the length of California. LACWD purchases imported water from local SWP contractors including Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency, Castaic Lake Water Agency and Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, or regional wholesale water agencies such as Los Angeles Department of Water and Power and West Basin Municipal Water District.

The majority of the water in the SWP is collected as runoff and snowmelt from Northern California and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. While the source water is very pure, it collects sediments and organics along the way and must be treated before it is delivered for human consumption. The imported water is generally treated using conventional treatment methods including coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.14    6 years ago

Many states, such as Alaska, manage fine with a small population and large uninhabitable land.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.16  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.15    6 years ago

Alaska has vast quantities of natural resources that fund all its needs and provides albeit small, dividends to its residents from these resources.

Californians major natural resources lay mainly offshore now, and would not be part of New California

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.16    6 years ago
Californians major natural resources lay mainly offshore now, and would not be part of New California

that is all false

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.18  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.17    6 years ago

While you may be thinking about the San Joaquin Delta, I was leaning towards Oil and Natural Gas.  Sorry, I was not clear.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.18    6 years ago

California produces more crude oil than Alaska without the offshore rigs.

Excluding federal offshore areas, California ranked third in the nation in crude oil production with over 200 million barrels in 2014.

While oil production has slowed in recent years in response to enhanced exploration and drilling in the plains, Alaska is still one of the largest oil-producing states with 181 million barrels of output

Also, if you look at the map for New California it includes the northern coast and central California.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.20  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.19    6 years ago

those offshore rigs should be counted, does California not receive monetary benefit from them? The feds are not the ones drilling, just leasing the land to drill on.

Cali producing more than Alaska was not the question, them being able to sustain themselves was, which is where the oil and gas come in, for them.

I wouldn't count on 2/3rds of those counties even consider this effort, the suggested map is pie in the sky.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.21  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.19    6 years ago

Why does the map stop at L.A?  What about Oceanside, San Clemente, Carlsbad, San Diego, Escondido, Coronado..etc??

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.22  Split Personality  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.20    6 years ago
this effort, the suggested map is pie in the sky.

this is a map from Newsweek on one of their articles about Preston.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.23  DRHunk  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.22    6 years ago

Yellow would be considered "Old California" under the proposal, and blue counties are not involved. How could Blue not be involved, makes no sense. 

Once again Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside County. I laugh, (well they can have everything East of the 215 i guess), no one is going to miss Banning, Hemet, San Jacinto, or Paris. Might miss Palm Springs though, beautiful place from what i remember.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.23    6 years ago

To close to 29 Palms...........

They can keep the deserts too.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.25  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.21    6 years ago

I couldn't tell ya.  Still looks like they have enough to separate.  Kern County has large oil reserves so that would be nice.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.26  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.15    6 years ago
Many states, such as Alaska, manage fine with a small population and large uninhabitable land.

Alaska survives on their oil income and has very little infrastructure or people to support because it is largely uninhabited.

California has some oil in SoCal but has many more people and a lot of infrastructure to pay for.  These people are just trying to repackage their State of Jefferson fantasy.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.27  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.25    6 years ago

There's little to no interest in Congress which needs to approve a separation if the movement gets that far.

There's currently no incentive for either party .....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.28  Raven Wing  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.27    6 years ago

And other than a few who have some kind of unrealistic dream, the secession of Calif from the US will never happen. I live here, in So Calif, and I know what is going on at the ground level. There is no incentive here by the majority of the people who actually live here in Calif to do so. IT is like those in Texas who want it to separate from the US and be a separate country, there are way too many reasons that it will never happen. Same for Calif. It is nothing more than pie in the sky talk by those who don't understand the underlying issues that would result from any such actions that would be devastating on both sides. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.26    6 years ago

CA produces more oil than Alaska...not just some.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.26    6 years ago

double post

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.31  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.29    6 years ago

You are correct but it is close. New California wouldn't get those oil reserves because they would stay in California because they surround the LA basin. 

California

Excluding federal offshore areas, California ranked third in the nation in crude oil production with over 200 million barrels in 2014 . Despite an overall decline in production since the mid-1980s, California has 2.9 billion in proven reserves, behind only Texas and North Dakota. California ranks third in the nation in petroleum refining capacity and accounts for more than one-tenth of the total U.S. capacity. To meet strict federal and state environmental regulations, California refineries are configured to produce cleaner fuels, and they often operate at or near maximum capacity because of the high demand for these petroleum products.

Alaska

While oil production has slowed in recent years in response to enhanced exploration and drilling in the plains, Alaska is still one of the largest oil-producing states with 181 million barrels of output and 2.9 billion barrels in reserve in 2014. The North Slope contains more than a dozen of the largest oil fields in the U.S. Although production has fallen to less than 300,000 barrels per day from its peak of 1.6 million barrels per day in 1988, the region is still one of the most profitable for ConocoPhillips Co.

The people of the San Jose/Siicon Valley region are not going to leave California, despite the map.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.32  Raven Wing  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.18    6 years ago

So Calif has been producing on-shore oil decades before off-shore drilling began. And there not that many off-shore drilling sites on the Pacific coast.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.33  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  epistte @1.1.31    6 years ago

well no, a lot of the largest oil reserves are in Kern County and mid state.  so you would be wrong again.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.34  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.5    6 years ago

He’s my congressman.  He’s pretty good on most issues.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.35  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.8    6 years ago

New California would be leaving California not the USA so no change regarding federal funding.  I’m all for this as long as Sacramento is attached to the Bay Area coastal counties.  Actually, I’d favor it even if we have to keep Sacramento 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.36  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.26    6 years ago

the area in this proposal of New California would be  at least double the size of the largest Jefferson proposal and at least 5x the population.  It would be very sustainable.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.37  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.23    6 years ago

I would miss Hemet.  A park there is named for my grandfather.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.38  DRHunk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.37    6 years ago

From what my friends tell me the Hemet of today is just drugs and gang land. The Hemet/San Jacinto area of the past was a nice quiet place to raise a family and commute to work from.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.40  DRHunk  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.1.39    6 years ago

those that cannot afford to live in Urban SoCal?  More bad news for this New Cali effort.  They are taking all the shitholes with them and will never get any tax dollars from them. Just a drain.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.41  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.38    6 years ago

Perhaps I am just remembering the Hemet I spent a lot of time in when I was a kid.  It was kind of like Mayberry back then.  I don't know if you are familiar with the Ramona Pageant or not but my grandparents were both past presidents of the board for it.  The bowl was like my own personal play ground in the off season and I had a ball.  I doubt I will ever revisit Hemet or not but at least I have happy memories of it.  I think going back if it is as bad as you say would break my heart.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.42  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.36    6 years ago

It would also be overwhelmingly Democratic compared to "Jefferson", and you'd still have the same people with the same problems.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1.1.43  DRHunk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.41    6 years ago

You remember the same Hemet/San Jacinto as i do Paula, sorry to say things are no longer as we remember them. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.44  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  DRHunk @1.1.43    6 years ago

Those were good times.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.45  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.28    6 years ago

We in Jefferson are far more devastated by being a part of California than that any relieving pain  separation would cause.  We have no desire to associate with anything that has to do with that state.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Sunshine @1    6 years ago

FYI, the Cal-exit guy fled to the safety of his Russian handlers.

And the original version of this idea was for northern CA to be part of the white supremacist state of Jefferson.    It seems not much has changed there since the 1940s.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Skrekk @1.2    6 years ago

Your links are for entirely different movements.  They are for succession from the US, the article is about splitting California into separate states.

Irrelevant.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Sunshine @1.2.1    6 years ago
They are for succession from the US, the article is about splitting California into separate states.

You're referring to the first two links which are indeed about the original Cal-exit proposal which was discussed during the 2016 election. 

The third link is about the "state of Jefferson" which involved splitting the overwhelmingly white and conservative northern rural counties from the rest of the state but it's not a federal secessionist movement per se.    That is directly related to the proposal you're discussing.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
2  OldUSAFGuy    6 years ago

Dont Blame them one bit...........

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
3  DRHunk    6 years ago

here is  short list of "Urban areas" New California would not have LA, San Fransisco, Oakland, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernandino (also called the Agri Empire), Sacramento, and everything else running up and down the PCH.  That is a lot of Tourist dollars also that New California would not see.

Just thought of it, but each of those major Urban areas also has a vast Sub-Urban area that would also not be included in the New California.  So much lost, so little gained.  I don't think California has anything to worry about.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @3    6 years ago
you name it, and we're rated around 48th or 50th from a business climate and standpoint in California,"

well doesn't seem like they have much to lose.

Junior Participates
3.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sunshine @3.1    6 years ago

You obviously know nothing about CA or economics.  And your bullshit quote is absolute proof.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    6 years ago
You obviously know nothing about CA or economics.

The stat is from the article.  I am not the topic.  Stop the personal attacks.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
3.1.3  DRHunk  replied to  Sunshine @3.1    6 years ago

Selective use of the term "Business Climate" does not mean anything when California as a whole, if it were its own country, would rank 10th overall in GDP.

"Business Climate" is a subjective term that says, there are regulations preventing me from doing shady shit. Its hard to do business there...but it sure is profitable.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    6 years ago
The stat is from the article.

The stat is from Robert Paul Preston who's pushing his own narrative and is guesstimating.

"In fact, across all 50 states, every state but one ranks in the top 20 on at least one index, and every state ranks in the bottom half on at least one index. New York is similar to California in having both favorable and unfavorable rankings among these eleven indexes, and generally by the same indexes; for example, both states are ranked poorly—indeed, among
the worst—by SBTC, SBSI, CDBI, EFI, and EFINA, yet are ranked near the top by some of the other
indexes."

Junior Participates
3.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  DRHunk @3.1.3    6 years ago
California as a whole, if it were its own country, would rank 10th overall in GDP.

Last time I checked it was 6th....

And it's no. 1 of all the states and leads no. 2 TX by a whopping $1T:

Junior Participates
3.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    6 years ago
The stat is from the article.

So you're  an accomplice to spreading BS -- either way, creating or spreading obvious BS, makes you the topic.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  DRHunk @3.1.3    6 years ago
would rank 10th overall in GDP.

yes I have read that, but is it helping the entire state?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.6    6 years ago
makes you the topic.

no, it makes the article the topic.  regardless, neither warrants a personal attack.  stop it.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.9  epistte  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.7    6 years ago

Then they need to stop voting for politicians who don't have their best economic interest in mind. People need to learn that they are part of an interconnected county and not some delusional fantasy of an independent moral agent of BS Ayn Rand fiction. This concept is why macroeconomic principles need to be taught as a requirement in high schools. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  lady in black  replied to  epistte @3.1.9    6 years ago

These people are whacked, it will never happen not matter how much they wish it could

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.4    6 years ago
The stat is from Robert Paul Preston who's pushing his own narrative and is guesstimating.

and very poorly guesstimating.

However silly the "Declaration of Independence from California" event seemed, it drew more people than a Jefferson rally, even though most seemed to be reporters taking notes and recording this "historic event".

Judging by the proposed division of counties, this effort makes the Jefferson proponents look reasonable.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.7    6 years ago

Does Philadelphia help the whole state of PA?  Does New York City define the sate of New York?

Does Clark County / Las Vegas help the rest of the state or should they too secede and advance this notion of 'sovereignty' because we want it now?

Should we revert to city states like old Greece?

West Virginia was born during the Civil War and not a valid comparison.

This idea has been tossed about for 70 years and never bears fruit, nor should it.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.14  epistte  replied to    6 years ago
California, the state where a piece of shit legislature passed AB 60 giving illegals the right to obtain driver licenses.

If the person can prove that they can drive then why shouldn't they have a state-issued drivers license? The ID doesn't list them as citizens, so what is your problem? 

AB 60 Program Information 

Assembly Bill (AB) 60 (Chapter 524: Statutes of 2013) requires the department to issue an original driver license to an applicant who is unable to submit satisfactory proof of legal presence in the United States. Driver license applicants under AB 60 must meet all other qualifications for licensure and must provide satisfactory proof of identity and California residency.

For further assistance in providing the proper documentation, select AB 60 Checklist .

AB 60 also requires the department to develop regulations and consult with interested parties in an effort to assist the department in identifying documents that will be acceptable for the purposes of providing documentation to establish identity and residency.

The fact that it also provides them with a photo ID is a plus.  I think that everyone over the age of 16 should have a permanent state-issued photo ID provides to them at no cost if they don't have a drivers license.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.15  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago

Yet CA. has the second best economy in the country. Hate it all you want, but without it, 9 leaching red states would starve to death. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.15    6 years ago

No they would not.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
3.1.17  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.15    6 years ago

How much does Cal suck from the Fed?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.19  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.16    6 years ago
No they would not.

Yea, they really would. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3.1.17    6 years ago
How much does Cal suck from the Fed?

Um, not nearly as much as they put in? What part of, "California literally pays so much into the fed, it covers the 10 poor states we have", confused you? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.21  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.18    6 years ago

Not me so I guess it is not 100% after all. :)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.22  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.21    6 years ago

Same here. To paint with such a broad brush is really unfortunate, especially, when they don't know the majority of the populace.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
3.1.23  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.20    6 years ago

bull

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.24  Skrekk  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3.1.23    6 years ago
bull

Sounds like you're fact-challenged.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.25  XXJefferson51  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3.1.17    6 years ago

A whole lot.  It’s the suckiest state in the union.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.27  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.26    6 years ago
Hard to beat!

I guess,

unless maybe,

you are a CHILD !

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3.1.17    6 years ago

We pay more out than we get back.  For all you CA haters, how about you say what state you live in.  Let's see if your glass houses can withstand a few stones.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.30  lady in black  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.29    6 years ago

In the same boat....live in NYS

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.29    6 years ago

Every person who files pay taxes according to tax law. If you have a personal problem with how much a resident of any state pays, talk to your lawmakers and get them to vote to change it.

States don't pay squat.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.32  XXJefferson51  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.29    6 years ago

I’m a California hater and I live in California.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.33  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.29    6 years ago
Let's see if your glass houses can withstand a few stones

who doesn't enjoy a good stoning, now and then

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  DRHunk @3    6 years ago

We would have Bakersfield, Visalia, Fresno, Merced, Modesto, Stockton, Sonora, Eldorado Hills, Roseville, Yuba City, Chico, Redding.  Except Sacramento county we’d have I-5/HW 99 from Oregon to LA County.  

Junior Participates
3.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    6 years ago

That's just delusional beyond description. You can't even get the voters of Siskiyou Co. to go along with this moronic idea.  But thanks for providing ever more proof of your complete ignorance of this area--in which you do not live

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.1    6 years ago

As I told you on another seed, Siskiyou voted against a name change for their county not against the Jefferson movement they started.  As to the other places, they are a part of New California which I would settle for.  Lastly please prove to the members here that I don’t live and work in Shasta County.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

If California was a country, it would have the 6th largest economy in the world. California literally pays so much into the fed, it covers the 10 poor states we have, 9 of which are RED states. 

(Rank/State/Score/Economic Activity/Economic "health" Rank/Innovation Potential Rank) 

1 Washington 76.54 1 4 3
2 California 73.78 2 26 2
3 Utah 73.77 5 1 4
4 Massachusetts 73.34 4 29 1
5 District of Columbia 67.09 3 6 13
6 Colorado 66.37 15 3 5
7 Oregon 65.65 6 9 10
8 New Hampshire 62.52 17 10 7
9 Maryland 60.97 18 28 6
10 Delaware 59.82 10 20 15
11 Idaho 58.20 21 2 19
12 Michigan 57.86 23 33 8
13 Virginia 57.51 9 18 23
14 Arizona 57.35 16 24 14
15 North Carolina 57.34 24 11 12
16 Connecticut 57.25 12 45 9
17 Minnesota 56.56 20 16 17
18 Georgia 55.99 8 21 29
19 New York 55.66 7 44 18
20 Texas 55.40 19 15 21
21 New Jersey 55.13 11 47 11
22 Florida 54.48 13 12 30
23 Missouri 50.17 34 19 24
24 South Carolina 49.78 14 23 41
25 Wisconsin 49.16 33 14 31
26 Vermont 49.10 35 31 22
27 Nebraska 49.00 36 7 34
28 Indiana 48.89 26 25 35
29 Nevada 48.11 22 27 40
30 Pennsylvania 47.73 25 41 27
31 Montana 47.66 46 13 25
32 South Dakota 47.09 39 5 39
33 Iowa 47.01 31 22 37
34 Illinois 46.93 27 43 26
35 Tennessee 46.40 29 17 44
36 Rhode Island 46.02 40 40 20
37 Ohio 45.67 30 42 28
38 Kansas 44.25 43 34 32
39 Hawaii 43.71 38 30 38
40 New Mexico 42.08 44 51 16
41 Alabama 41.58 32 38 43
42 North Dakota 41.11 51 8 36
43 Wyoming 39.40 47 32 45
44 Kentucky 38.94 28 46 48
45 Maine 38.91 37 36 47
46 Alaska 37.68 50 39 33
47 Oklahoma 37.11 49 37 42
48 Arkansas 35.88 45 35 50
49 Mississippi 34.99 41 48 46
50 Louisiana 33.22 42 50 49
51 West Virginia 28.14 48 49 51

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

And now for a completely different view.    Look who's 43 out of 50 in Fiscal stability:

California

State Fiscal Stabilty ratings

Go ahead Cali, take off.    We'll buy you for pennies on the dollar when declare bankruptcy 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

we upto now have been leeching off of the red states here in Ca.  They have been giving us subsidies of our state and local taxes in their federal income taxes as deductions they didn’t get. Quit bashing red states for mooching off of others when no one mooches more off of other Americans than New Yorkers and us Californians.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

No problem, leave.    But forget all those federal agencies, jobs and aid that your cherry picked stats don't account for.    That's all  gone

Good luck and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

See you soon when we have to bail you out of the hole you've already dug for yourselves

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago

Lol, keep on dreaming ..... hell, Mississippi is ranked ahead of of Cali and is on more solid Fiscal ground.    The Southern  "goobers" are more fiscally sound than Cali.   Hilarious.

That said i know many Californians and few feel the way you do.   So the next logical move for you is to abdicate your minority bully pulpit and move the hell out of State and Country.   Perhaps a fine Socialist state like Venezuela. 

Buh bye now! 

Junior Participates
4.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    6 years ago
We'll buy you for pennies on the dollar when declare bankruptcy

With what, Bitcoin?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.7    6 years ago

Certainly not with California's negative net asset ratio and total liabilities amounting to over70% of total assets that's for sure.

You aren't borrowing jack shit with numbers like that.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    6 years ago

Urban coastal California leaving the USA 🇺🇸 would perfectly set up New California as we will not be a part of that.  We’d break off and stay with the USA and ask it for military protection from you coastals if you try to stop us from staying in the USA in the event of your secession.    

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6  pat wilson    6 years ago

California has often been referred to as the breadbasket of the world. In fact the California Department of Food and Agriculture notes that California is the world’s fifth largest supplier of food and agriculture commodities.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

California as presently constituted is by far the worst state in the entire country.  Californication is too good a name for it.   It truly sucks as a sorry excuse of a state.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7    6 years ago

Move already ! GTFO !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @7.1    6 years ago

Ditto!!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @7.1    6 years ago

No way.  I intend to stay where I am.  If I was younger and didn’t have family here, I’d be in Nebraska, Texas, or Tennessee now.  I love the area where I live and grew up here, have family here, and worked for the same employer here for over 30 years, so as long as I’m working and my mom is alive, im staying in Jefferson/New California while liberally bashing Californication to my hearts content.  Angering coastal urban Californians is my pleasure 😇.  California sucks.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7    6 years ago
California as presently constituted is by far the worst state in the entire country.

(Rank/State/Score/Economic Activity/Economic "health" Rank/Innovation Potential Rank)   

1 Washington 76.54 1 4 3
2 California 73.78 2 26 2
3 Utah 73.77 5 1 4
4 Massachusetts 73.34 4 29 1
5 District of Columbia 67.09 3 6 13
6 Colorado 66.37 15 3 5
7 Oregon 65.65 6 9 10
8 New Hampshire 62.52 17 10 7
9 Maryland 60.97 18 28 6
10 Delaware 59.82 10 20 15
11 Idaho 58.20 21 2 19
12 Michigan 57.86 23 33 8
13 Virginia 57.51 9 18 23
14 Arizona 57.35 16 24 14
15 North Carolina 57.34 24 11 12
16 Connecticut 57.25 12 45 9
17 Minnesota 56.56 20 16 17
18 Georgia 55.99 8 21 29
19 New York 55.66 7 44 18
20 Texas 55.40 19 15 21
21 New Jersey 55.13 11 47 11
22 Florida 54.48 13 12 30
23 Missouri 50.17 34 19 24
24 South Carolina 49.78 14 23 41
25 Wisconsin 49.16 33 14 31
26 Vermont 49.10 35 31 22
27 Nebraska 49.00 36 7 34
28 Indiana 48.89 26 25 35
29 Nevada 48.11 22 27 40
30 Pennsylvania 47.73 25 41 27
31 Montana 47.66 46 13 25
32 South Dakota 47.09 39 5 39
33 Iowa 47.01 31 22 37
34 Illinois 46.93 27 43 26
35 Tennessee 46.40 29 17 44
36 Rhode Island 46.02 40 40 20
37 Ohio 45.67 30 42 28
38 Kansas 44.25 43 34 32
39 Hawaii 43.71 38 30 38
40 New Mexico 42.08 44 51 16
41 Alabama 41.58 32 38 43
42 North Dakota 41.11 51 8 36
43 Wyoming 39.40 47 32 45
44 Kentucky 38.94 28 46 48
45 Maine 38.91 37 36 47
46 Alaska 37.68 50 39 33
47 Oklahoma 37.11 49 37 42
48 Arkansas 35.88 45 35 50
49 Mississippi 34.99 41 48 46
50 Louisiana 33.22 42 50 49
51 West Virginia 28.14 48 49 51

Sorry....what was that you were saying? What 'shithole' red state do you live in? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @7.2    6 years ago

The imaginary red state of Jefferson..............

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @7.2    6 years ago

Californication.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.2    6 years ago

From your keyboard to God's ears. It speaks volumes of your endless claim to such pious Christianity. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2.5  Raven Wing  replied to    6 years ago

I'm not an elderly white male, and it rubs me the wrong way. It says volumes for someone who endlessly professes Christian piety.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Sparty On  replied to    6 years ago
still rubs some white elderly gentlemen the wrong way.

Racist and bigoted in one concise sentence.  

Nice job!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @7.2    6 years ago

Sparty on claimed . 'hell, Mississippi is ranked ahead of of Cali and is on more solid Fiscal ground.'  LOL!

'Sorry....what was that you were saying? What 'shithole' red state do you live in?'

I was going to say the same thing - Mississippi is a shithole state.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.7    6 years ago

Sparty on claimed that Mississippi was one of the states that has to bail out a blue state!  Hilarious.

Wrong i didn't say that and stop trying to put words in my mouth.  

However, the USA will be happy to bail Cali out if they left since failure would only be a matter of time.   Pennies on the dollar is a good deal after all.    It will be the best deal we've gotten since the Louisiana Purchase so i say go for it.  

Buh bye now!   See you soon when we become your Creditor.

I was going to say the same thing - Mississippi is a shithole state.  

Okay so by extension California must be a shithole state as well.   Since it's in worse Fiscal condition and all.

Wow, who knew!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.8    6 years ago

I edited the comment and used your exact words.  

Toodles!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.9    6 years ago

Fantastic!  

Luckily the rest of our fine NT readers can read the original BS you tried to pass off as mine since i quoted you exactly.

Y'all come back now ya hear! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.10    6 years ago
Luckily the rest of our fine NT readers can read the original BS you tried to pass off as mine since i quoted you exactly.

Whatever dude.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.8    6 years ago
'Okay so by extension California must be a shithole state as well.   Since it's in worse Fiscal condition and all.'

THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE!  They are not in worse fiscal condition than the shithole states.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.13    6 years ago

thumbs down

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.15  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.12    6 years ago

They are not in worse fiscal condition than the shithole states.  

Yawn .... as you well know i've provided evidence (Mississippi being in better Fiscal Condition than Cali) but if you want to act ignorant of that fact feel free ..... nothing new there.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.13    6 years ago

C'mon fish, i thought that was fine.

winking

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.18  Sparty On  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.17    6 years ago

You didn't delete it?

I thought the mod who modifies a post was suppose to initial their work??

Is their a monkey wrench in the works?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.19    6 years ago
Evidently you cannot post a Trucker picture of any sort because Tessylo has convinced moderators that it's a Coc violation against her. Strange! very strange!

I saw your cute little reach around the COC there dear.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.17    6 years ago
(deleted)

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7.2.22  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.19    6 years ago

Yes very strange considering the complainer is not the seeder. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.2.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.2.22    6 years ago

Anyone can flag an item.. and if it is a violation, I will delete. Let's be clear about that. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.23    6 years ago
'You are the one that associates all things trucker with yourself. I replied to Sparty and it was a Hillary Clinton meme. Don't worry, Mommy provided you a safe space.'

Nope, again I saw your cute little reach around there to the other posters right after I commented.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.2.27  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.26    6 years ago

try your fridge

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
7.2.28  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.2.24    6 years ago

It doesn’t appear to be a violation it just says deleted. No violation was issued. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.2.29  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.2.22    6 years ago

nope, not me....I have no powers nor did I flag it.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.2.30  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dean Moriarty @7.2.28    6 years ago

(DELETED)

isn't that difficult

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.7    6 years ago
Mississippi is a shithole state.

It's not all bad. If it weren't for MS, Arkansas would rank last in nearly every thing.

And I spend a lot of money in Tunica :)

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.32  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.25    6 years ago

Nah, i'm not into same gender reach arounds ...... especially with fish

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.33  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.32    6 years ago

I wasn't talking to you.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.34  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.31    6 years ago

My best friend was in Memphis recently and didn't realize he should have used mosquito spray - his legs got bitten up something terrible and  he wound up with cellulitis.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.35  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.34    6 years ago

Mosquitoes are pretty bad in the Delta. The only place worse is the Alaskan Interior. Those skeeters are as big as C-5s.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.36  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.33    6 years ago

Yeah right.

talk to the hand

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.37  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.20    6 years ago

🤥🤮👎

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.4  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7    6 years ago

It would likely improve the quality of the state of California if you would move out of it instead of constantly complaining. about it.  And where is your oh so pious Christianity you tout endlessly when it comes to using such vulgar terms to defame it????

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.4.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.4.1    6 years ago

What about them? This article was not about them. It's about the ridiculous thought of some one who wants to divide up Calif for their own personal agenda. Which will never come to pass. Not the subject you are trying to derail it to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.10  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

He's always derailing with nonsensical and off topic shit.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.12  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.4.11    6 years ago

thumbs down

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.4.13  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @7.4.9    6 years ago

It’s not a personal agenda.  There is real animus in the mountains and the Central Valley toward the coastal regions of the state that only separation will ever end.  

Junior Participates
7.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7    6 years ago
California as presently constituted is by far the worst state in the entire country.

Sometimes I wonder if you're really a liberal doing a parody of the most ignorant and ridiculous rightwinger you can think of.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     6 years ago

Doesn't anger me at all XX, I just consider the source of the comments and have to laugh about it, since it comes from the mythical kingdom of Jeffersonia, also known as ''Deliverance North''.... 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @12    6 years ago

Agreed!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @12    6 years ago

You don’t live in coastal urban Ca and have no dog 🐕 in this fight. At least at the federal level in the U.S. House of Representatives our representatives there routinely vote with the rest of America and against our urban coastal elites almost every time on almost every issue.  Sticking you all with limited deductions for state and local taxes that we will fit under and you won’t was especially delicious and pleasurable payback for our occupation.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2    6 years ago

But  XX, you know that I own property in CA....So I'm quite familiar with  ''Deliverance North''....

The property tax thingy is no big deal to me. You really should do you homework before making bizarre statements...LMAO, it's funny to watch you spin in circles. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @12.2.1    6 years ago
You really should do you homework before making bizarre statements...

That would be refreshing for a change.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.2.3  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.2    6 years ago

Well I do and this bullshit division will never happen.  Go move to Kansas.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @12.2.1    6 years ago

the property tax and state income issues affect those in urban coastal metro areas primarily in high income zip codes.  Most of your property in the state is in places more rural.  Diane Feinstein said the average price of a home in 7 Bay Area counties is higher than the new federal threshold and the property tax due above the other limit. 

Junior Participates
12.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Kavika @12    6 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
12.3.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.3    6 years ago

stop with the personal attacks

Junior Participates
12.3.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sunshine @12.3.1    6 years ago

Every word I wrote as true.  But try to prove me wrong.  Go ahead...ask him where he lives. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
12.3.3  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.3.2    6 years ago

calling a member carpetbagger and fraud is a no no.

behave or leave

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.3.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.3.2    6 years ago

Ok, if you won’t believe me when I say that I live in Shasta county in New California, where do you think I live and who would you believe if they told you that I live about 160 miles north of Sacramento near I-5?  

Junior Participates
12.3.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.3.4    6 years ago

Back when you were Cornhusker-for-Palin on Newsvine did you not admit that you lived in the Bay Area? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
12.3.7  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.3.5    6 years ago

Off topic - your point is??????

Junior Participates
12.3.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @12.3.7    6 years ago

Try to keep up.  

Junior Participates
12.3.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.3.5    6 years ago

Hmmmm....no answer yet.  Is he thinking about it or can't remember?  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
13  luther28    6 years ago

It would seem that California is a microcosm for the rest of the Country. Same problems, concerns etc. magnified by its size and scope with the same non-answers and lack of solutions.

For myself the answers lie somewhere in the middle, common sense solutions for complex problems. Sadly common sense died of natural causes circa 1976

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  luther28 @13    6 years ago
Sadly common sense died of natural causes circa 1976

it did, but some of us still can cherish its memory 

cc292a244bc786e098185202d7f8ff51.jpg

luther28
Sophomore Silent
13.1.2  luther28  replied to  Sunshine @13.1    6 years ago

Now that made me smile

Junior Participates
13.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  luther28 @13    6 years ago
Same problems, concerns etc. magnified by its size and scope with the same non-answers and lack of solutions.

It is true that under the governorship of the Schwartenegger CA was plunged deeply into debt---it's what Republicans do, after all).  Since Brown came back, the state has become much more solvent and far more prosperous.  The craptalk from the rightwing is basically envy of a state that's run better than the shitholes they live in.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
14  Dowser    6 years ago

I loved the movie, The Help, set in Jackson, MS.  Was it an accurate portrayal?  I think so.  It made me very angry, which was probably the purpose of the movie.  How could people, "Christian" women, behave so despicably?

We must remember that there are people on this site who are from MS, and be careful to not insult them.  MS has some really neat geology:  Yazoo Rivers, HUGE aquifers, etc.  Remember, after the Civil War, they spent their entire state budget on prosthetic limbs for veteran amputees.  MS is a poorer state, and lacks economic development.  Flatter than a flitter, it has plenty of room to build, and adequate water supplies, etc.  I think it has a lot of potential.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dowser @14    6 years ago

I go to MS fairly often to gamble. And we go to Biloxi once a year for a bowling tournament. Biloxi is awesome especially since it's right on the Gulf.

As for being flat...you can say that again. That state is flatter than I was at 16 LOL!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
15.1  seeder  Sunshine  replied to  lady in black @15    6 years ago

It is a hard row to hoe, but I give them kudos for letting themselves be heard

Never say never though Happy

lady in black
Professor Quiet
15.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Sunshine @15.1    6 years ago

This will not happen anything soon unless someone does not follow the Constitution, you know that paper that republicans said that our last President wasn't following but now want to throw out to form a new state within a state.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
15.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

https://newcaliforniastate.com

Junior Participates
15.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  lady in black @15    6 years ago

These people do not live in the real world so giving them actual facts doesn't work.  But it is necessary to do so nevertheless. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
16  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

'New California' movement seeks to divide the Golden State in half
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Golden State conservatives seek to form 'New California'
Two men launch campaign to split rural areas from 'tyrannical' coastal cities.

Two men have launched a campaign to divide rural California from the coastal cities, motivated by what they referred to as a “tyrannical form of government” that doesn’t follow the U.S. Constitution or the state one, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Unlike the failed 2016 campaign to split California into six states, the “New California” movement, founded by Robert Paul Preston and Tom Reed, seeks to consolidate rural California into a distinct economy separate from the coast.

"After years of over taxation, regulation, and mono party politics the State of California and many of its 58 Counties have become ungovernable."

- New California movement
"After years of over taxation, regulation, and mono party politics the State of California and many of its 58 Counties have become ungovernable," the movement declares on its website.

Preston and Reed say the citizens of the state live “under a tyrannical form of government that does not follow" constitutional requirements.

"There's something wrong when you have a rural county such as this one, and you go down to Orange County which is mostly urban, and it has the same set of problems, and it happens because of how the state is being governed and taxed," Preston told CBS Sacramento.

The "founders" have evoked Article IV Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution as justification for establishing a new economy with a new state constitution.

It states that a consensus must be reached by the state legislatures of California as well as Congress. The process, according to New California representatives, could take 10 to 18 months.

The New California movement unveiled a “Declaration of Independence,” earlier this week that called for a “free and Independent State” with “full power to establish and maintain law and order, to promote general prosperity.”   https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/17/new-california-movement-seeks-to-divide-golden-state-in-half.amp.html

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @16    6 years ago

An open trench in Death Valley would be more appropriate.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
16.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

Nauseating Video Shows 10 Solid Minutes of Homeless Shanties in Socialist Paradise California

Benjamin Arie
California is supposed to be the embodiment of the “American dream”… but it’s turning into a liberal nightmare.

The once-wealthy and beautiful state has had leftists running amok at the state and city levels for decades. Democrats have completely controlled the state legislature for over 20 years, and the results have not been good.

As the state clamors to be a “sanctuary” for illegal aliens and continues to defy national immigration laws, the dire problems have peaked. Stunningly, the state of California now has the highest poverty rate in the entire country.

It’s one thing to read about that failure, but it’s something else entirely to see it firsthand. That’s why a recent video is getting attention: It’s illustrates just how far California has fallen under liberal policies.

“This video is incredible,” wrote Jim Dalrymple, a contributor for BuzzFeed.

TRENDING: “The View” Says You Can’t Support Trump and Be a Christian

“It’s shows a 10 min bike ride through Orange County, CA, and almost the entire path is lined with homeless tent cities,” he explained.

“At 2:10 the guy rides by what sounds like a fight about to break out,” the reporter explained. “At 4:40, he goes right by Angel Stadium, which is also surrounded by encampments.”

Are liberal policies connected to California's problems?
For ten minutes, the video shows what can only be described as a dump: Tents for the homeless set up along the road, trash strewn about.

“This place is about a mile from Disneyland,” commented a viewer on YouTube who was familiar with the area. Welcome to liberal California.

How well has a “sanctuary state” policy and seemingly endless immigration worked? It’s hard to deny that it’s a disaster.

“California had the highest poverty rate, 20.6 percent, according to the census’ Supplemental Poverty Measure,” PolitFact recently admitted.

RELATED: Boom: Trump Admin. Openly Targeting, Deporting Famous Illegals

“That study does account for cost-of-living, including taxes, housing and medical costs, and is considered by researchers a more accurate reflection of poverty.”

The sad results are difficult to ignore. In the past, the liberalism on the west coast state was sometimes shrugged off by conservatives as just part of life, because it was still a great place to live and was home to a booming tech sector. But nothing lasts forever.

“It now has more poverty than any state. One out of five Californians is poor. If immigration makes us richer, why is California getting poorer?” Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who grew up in California, asked on a recent show. “What is the answer to that I wonder?”

The answer is that socialist-leaning policies and unlimited immigration has dire results. Look at places like Venezuela: Naturally beautiful, rich in resources, and now a horror story of food and toilet paper shortages after socialism was introduced. You might even call it a “s***hole.”

American needs to pay attention, because California is the canary in the mine shaft for the rest of the country. We need to keep this failure from spreading to the rest of country, before it’s too late.

H/T PowerLine Blog        https://conservativetribune.com/video-homeless-california/