╌>

Hogg was on campus during the shooting and returned several hours later to interview people across the street.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  48 comments

Hogg was on campus during the shooting and returned several hours later to interview people across the street.

Red State (conservative web site.

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/03/26/new-video-casts-doubt-whether-david-hogg-school-day-shooting/

========================================

There is another fake news story up on Newstalkers, not that dissimilar to a previous one where it was claimed that the US soldier in Nigeria had led his comrades into a terrorist ambush. 

The seed on David Hogg should have been removed by the management as fake news, but that decision was not taken, and now someone else has to waste time debunking that false article. 

-

UPDATE: This video shows Hogg apparently in a closet during the shooting:

His comments quoted below to CBS still don’t make sense. Did he leave campus and then violate the lockdown to enter campus and interview students? How did he get home and back? Some students were bussed to a nearby hotel as they were evacuated from campus. Is he talking about going there? This needs to be clarified.

UPDATE #2: This Vox article indicates that Hogg went back to the campus area at 6 pm and did not actually enter campus, but had his camera and interviewed people across the street from campus. Here’s his quote:

At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed.

After reviewing all of this, it appears that the problem was that CBS included a very confusing quote without context. Hogg was on campus during the shooting and returned several hours later to interview people across the street. The original story remains below, in strikethrough. I am sorry for the error and have updated the post accordingly.

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/03/26/new-video-casts-doubt-whether-david-hogg-school-day-shooting/

---------------------

The fake news article relies on Hogg saying on camera that he rode his bike to the school to conduct interviews of the survivors, etc. 

This is supposedly "proof" that he wasnt in school at the time of the shooting. 

Rather, what it is proof of is that he rode his bike from his home to the school on the day (or rather the evening) in question. That is the only thing the filmed quote proves. David Hogg is quoted, in other video and in other articles , saying that he was in class at the time of the shooting, where he went to wait it out, and other particulars from the event. 

Why didnt the other article about Hogg mention that ?  Do his words about riding his bike from home over ride his other comments and statements about where he was at the time of the shooting?  Of course not. THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS. 

-

Newstalkers does itself no favors by permitting fake news articles to stay up after they are called out. 

-

David Hogg, a 17-year-old senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, huddled with classmates as gunman Nikolas Cruz tore through his high school Wednesday on a rampage that left 17 dead .

Hogg, a student journalist, took out his cellphone and began recording his classmates — a gun control plea in sickening real time.

The evening after the shooting, Hogg says, he biked up to the school, where the media was still camped out. This time, he put himself in front of the camera, making his first — but not final — plea for an end to mass shootings. He made another on CNN on Thursday morning, calling on lawmakers to “get something done.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17030294/florida-shooting-survivor-david-hogg-gun-control

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

bump

Dulay
Professor Guide
1.1  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Thank your for posting this John. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

The seed on David Hogg should have been removed by the management as fake news, but that decision was not taken, and now someone else has to waste time debunking that false article.

The writing is on the wall - Newstalkers is no longer a trusted site for actual news.

Randy
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  Randy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

Agreed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

'Newstalkers is no longer a trusted site for actual news.'

They never really seemed to be in the first place.  Deleted (rules about NV) {SP}.  It seems the majority of articles on here are - Conservatives are most excellent!  Liberals are scum!

Plus the lies and the fake news and the misinformation.

Deleted no value {SP} 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    6 years ago
Comment removed for context {SP}

Holy shit, if you really believe that, you are even worse off than i thought you were.

And that is pretty damn bad to begin with but i should thank you for the laugh this morning.  

So thx!   Jocularity ...... Hilarious!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.1    6 years ago

No value [ph]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.2    6 years ago

Skirting CoC {SP}

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    6 years ago

You are free to go to the echo chamber of your choice on the net. No one forces you to this site. If you don't like this site do us all a favor and go elsewhere

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
4.2.5  DRHunk  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.4    6 years ago

you can have your dissenting opinion, that is what makes sites like this great, but opinion and presenting information out of context and then asserting it as fact just to change the narrative to something more accepted in the alternate reality is wrong and needs to be railed against. 

That is the crap that people don't want to see: purposeful dishonesty.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

Agreed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    6 years ago

Gee the moderating seems to have gone amok.  Sparty can insult me without a problem ( already handled- SP )

but when I post an avatar -  it's removed.  It looks like Newstalkers is going the way of Newsvine.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @5    6 years ago

No Value {SP}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    6 years ago

No Value {SP}

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @5    6 years ago

Anyone who has been on NT for more than two minutes realizes your assertions of innocence are usually 100% feigned/fake.

Like anyone else you are free to report it to Perrie but you chose to whine instead.   SOSDD ..... sad!

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    6 years ago

Multiple attempts to defame and demonize David Hogg have blown up in right wing faces but they never learn...

The article that is up making false claims about Hogg is an example of the worst kind of fake false news there is.

At long last, has the far right wing no decency? No humanity? No grace whatsoever? They are sadly, shameless.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @6    6 years ago

What about the multiple lies to demean and demonize Senator Rubio.  The fact remains that this punk is a self promoting potty mouthed little attention whore. No wonder he is the darling of the loony left. Someone even changed their avatar to show his sweet image as a sign of their adoration and devotion.

Now comes the most liberal retired SC justice in the history of the world, John Paul Stevens, saying the 2nd Amendment should be repealed. That will never happen, but how would that get guns out of the hands of criminals and the criminally insane. Any common sense answers welcomed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1    6 years ago
'The fact remains that this punk is a self promoting potty mouthed little attention whore.'

This thread isn't about donald rump.  

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.2  Dulay  replied to  JBB @6    6 years ago
The article that is up making false claims about Hogg is an example of the worst kind of fake false news there is. At long last, has the far right wing no decency? No humanity? No grace whatsoever? They are sadly, shameless.

The artificial demands:

PROVE the article is fake news! PROVE that my interpretation of what he said is wrong! PROVE that Hogg was actually there! If you can't my source and I MUST BE RIGHT! 

This isn't a matter of 'opinion', this is a matter of TRUTH vs. LIES. 

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”

― Mark Twain

As this seed proves, after Redstate RETRACTED their original story and posted an 'UPDATE' all you see is the seeder of ANOTHER hit piece against Hogg, attacking 'little liberals' and alleging that "ANYTHING which goes against their agenda triggers them into fits of rage." 

That's right, instead of the service to the TRUTH that it is, John's posting a rebut to a FALSE seed that PROVES that it is FALSE is labeled a 'fit of rage'. This is the level of 'discourse' that we are required to accept as part and parcel of membership and it's getting old. 

It seems that the fraternity here think that any and every fallacious seed they post, no matter how false or antithetic to reality, should be accepted as merely expressing an opposing 'point of view' instead of the overt attempt to spread LIES and PROPOGANDA that it is. None, especially the seeder of the hit piece in question, what to TAKE OWNERSHIP for the LIES that they propagate and even worse, they pretend that calling a LIE A LIE is just 'little liberals' whining in an attempt to censor their 'opinion'. 

Perhaps this argument works in grade school but it shouldn't hold water on this site where ADULTS are expected to post content, comment and debate in good faith. 

I want to thank John for talking the time to research and seed this. He knew he would be ridiculed and yet he persisted. Thanks. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @6.2    6 years ago

me, too  and I want to bump up this article

Randy
Sophomore Quiet
7  Randy    6 years ago

What I am curious about is how did this article go from one posted by Old School Marine with a slight change of title to one being posted by someone calling themselves @johnrussell?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

According to an 'agreement' that was made, I am not supposed to communicate with OSM and vice versa. 

Whether or not posting on a seed of his is a violation of that 'agreement' is not a settled issue as far as I am concerned. OSM has commented on a number of my seeds lately, including as you can see, this one. Nonetheless  a moderator removed about a dozen of my comments from the other article , leaving what was left incomprehensible, so I felt no choice but to create this article. 

Dismayed Patriot was the member who originally debunked the fake news story, on that article, so he deserves the credit. Unfortunately, the right wingers of Newstalkers basically ignored his debunking and continued on their merry way. 

The other article is fake news. Everyone knows it by now, including the person who seeded it,  but there it is, still up. Certainly a low point of sorts for NT. 

When the Nigerian/U.S soldier story was found to be fake news last year the seeder 'apologized'.  In light of this new story we must question the sincerity of that apology. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
9  MrFrost    6 years ago

Bump.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @9    6 years ago

..... and grind ...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Off Topic {SP}

It's Spring time, folks. It's time to cleanse your souls of hatred and enjoy Mother Nature's gifts.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @10    6 years ago
It's Spring time, folks. It's time to cleanse your souls of hatred and enjoy Mother Nature's gifts.

Good advice but that hate is so deeply set in some hearts that nothing will change for many.

Sad but true, very true.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Quiet
10.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @10.1    6 years ago
Good advice but that hate is so deeply set in some hearts that nothing will change for many.

Removed - PRF

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.1    6 years ago

Post deleted

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Quiet
10.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.2    6 years ago
Post deleted

"A [nerve] hit!.  A palpable hit."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.3    6 years ago

Removed - PRF

Lol, keeping flailing away .... you're only hitting air .... it's like watching a monkey trying to fock a football.   Hilarious ..... l

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

People with cold, hard hearts shouldn't be dispensing advice on cleansing souls......

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    6 years ago

laughing dude

I'm dying here!!!!  When I clicked on the link a pop up appeared selling shotguns and semi-automatic rifles .  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13  Sparty On    6 years ago

Narrow-minded people with biased, partisan souls shouldn't be dispensing advice on anything ..... not anything, ever!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @13    6 years ago

No you really shouldn't sparky.