╌>

Megachurch Pastor Says Trump Has God’s Approval to Start Nuclear War

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  trout-giggles  •  6 years ago  •  188 comments

Not everyone is particularly worried about nuclear war .

In fact, after one of President Donald Trump’s more recent outbursts about North Korea and “ fire and fury ,” at least one evangelical responded with open glee.

For Robert Jeffress—the pastor of 13,000 member megachurch First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, the host of the daily radio program  Pathway to Victory , and a member of President Trump’s evangelical advisory board—nuclear war can’t come soon enough.

“God has given Trump authority to take Kim Jong-un,” Jeffress’ statement read in part, as he went on to say he is  “heartened to see that our president…will not tolerate any threat against the American people.”

“When President Trump draws a red line, he will not erase it, move it, or back away from it,” Jeffress added . “Thank God for a president who is serious about protecting our country.”

The  Washington Post   notes  Jeffress has long been a Trump supporter, first becoming convinced Trump would win the president election after the two shared cheeseburgers from Wendy’s in Iowa. Jeffress has repeatedly vocalized his belief God chose Trump, and has invoked that belief as a justification for a wide range of policies that could be at best described as human rights violations waiting to happen,  including  the proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Fortunately, not all Christians are quite as war-happy as Jeffress. In fact, there was quite an outcry on Twitter.

As Elizabeth Bruenig put it,

Not that any pastor in the country withholding their assent would do anything, but to lend God’s name to it is to put your soul at hazard “. Or as Thack Dyson tweeted , “The good pastor must be referring to Ares, the god of war in Greek mythology, certainly not the God of the Trinity.”

Or consider the Washington, D.C. Catholic Worker, which  held a vigil  in front of the White House on the 72nd anniversary of the  U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan .

As activist Art Laffin said,

“Nuclear weapons are immoral, illegal, anti-God, anti-life, anti-creation, and have no right to exist.”

He went on to say that spending on nuclear weapons is “direct theft from the poor,” and added “If the U.S. is to ever truly lead the way to real disarmament, it must first repent for the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then and only then can the U.S. legitimately ask other nuclear nations to disarm.”

Since then, Trump hasn’t provoked North Korea quite as regularly, but it still seems rather more likely that he’d risk nuclear war than not.

source

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

tsk...tsk...tsk

What would Jesus think?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1    6 years ago

Perhaps Jefferies can volunteer to lead the charge against North Korea...Oh wait, he'd rather risk someones life than his..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.1    6 years ago

Oh, no...he wants trumpy to push the button. No shots fired, but billions dead. And Jesus swoops in to save the day!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    6 years ago

I think that the proper term for him is...DUMB ASS...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    6 years ago

Evangelical fundies want to destroy the Dome of the Rock to replace it with a New Temple so Jesus can return...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    6 years ago

And, Trump is known as the Shitass and, Chief.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  JBB @1.1.3    6 years ago

Author called Off Topic {SP}

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.5    6 years ago

Thumpity, thump.

If Trump and Bolton provoke a nuclear war, I'll make sure a lot of the teavangelicals in my neighborhood will need chin straps to keep their MAGA hats on.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.7  epistte  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    6 years ago
Oh, no...he wants trumpy to push the button. No shots fired, but billions dead. And Jesus swoops in to save the day!

If God is going to talk to anyone on earth why would it be a shyster minister in Texas?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  epistte @1.1.7    6 years ago

Another one of those mysteries Father Bob told me about?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.9  epistte  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.8    6 years ago
Another one of those mysteries Father Bob told me about?

Did you ever notice that conservatives are convinced that they know how God feels about gender and sex, but for everything else, they just say "god works in mysterious ways".

I wonder why that is..........................s/.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  epistte @1.1.9    6 years ago

It is sad that so many actually accept words from another human being to be a message relayed directly from the grandest possible entity. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    6 years ago

I think that might not be true if those words didn't agree with their own desires.

These folks are itching for a fight, so they'll believe anyone who tells them a fight is what we need.  If it's a fight that prevents them personally from needing to gear up and put their lives on the line, so much the better, as far as they're concerned.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.12  livefreeordie  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.5    6 years ago

So now it’s off topic to directly respond to a false accusation.   Hitler and Stalin would be proud

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.13  magnoliaave  replied to  epistte @1.1.9    6 years ago

Because God works in mysterious ways!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.11    6 years ago
These folks are itching for a fight, so they'll believe anyone who tells them a fight is what we need.

The evangelicals fantasize and dream every day of a coming apocalypse where they assume they'll be the winners, either being taken up to heaven to the gated community in the sky or stand victorious over their enemies which are anyone who refuses to accept their version of religion. To them a war with Islam and liberals is inevitable so they are eagerly awaiting the chance to murder or at least watch their God or what they believe to be God servants on earth murder their enemies. They have a blood lust only matched by the Islamic extremists they hate so much. They don't care about their fellow man, they only care about being proven right because they've been claiming Christ was going to come and murder all their enemies for centuries now. They are so desperate they are willing to hand over control of the nuclear codes to the most unhinged ignorant bigot on the planet, the monumentally incompetent King of Clowns, Donald Trump.

Sane humans shiver at the thought of such an unstable idiot with his finger on the trigger, but evangelicals are excited because they feel that brings them ever closer to their hoped for "end of times". You cannot reason with such poorly educated theocrats who only care about self-fulfilling their prophecies of doom and destruction. It's also the reason they don't give a crap about the environment, their God will take care of them so they don't have to worry about poisoning the earth for future generations, they don't believe there will be future generations because they are always predicting Armageddon is right around the corner, as it apparently has been for the last 2,000 years. Giving them any power or responsibility is like hiring a surgeon who is also the beneficiary to a billion dollar life insurance policy on you to perform invasive surgery to fix a hole in your heart. Can you really trust he'll do his best job when you know he's actually hoping you die on the operating table?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.15  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.12    6 years ago
So now it’s off topic to directly respond to a false accusation.

What false accusation are you referring to?

Stalin was a Catholic.

Joseph Stalin was born into a prominent Catholic family in Gori, Georgia. His father was a priest and his mother was a devout Catholic. Stalin was educated by Capuchin priests as a boy, and would later be accepted into Tiflis Seminary, a Jesuit institution. 

Despite the Jesuits expulsion in 1820, by Alexander I, many Jesuits still remained within Russian territory, and maintained control of several institutions, including Tiflis Seminary. Stalin himself substantiates this in his interview with Journalist Emil Ludwig (Cohen).

Some historians propagate the theory that Stalin departed from the seminary shortly before graduating, but this position is untenable. The more logical and credible conclusion is that Stalin graduated as a Jesuit priest, with the assignment to infiltrate and manage the Georgian Underground Movement against the Russian Tsarist Government. Either way, we know he was Jesuit trained, and on mission to enforce the Jesuit doctrine of Communism throughout Russia. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.16  epistte  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.13    6 years ago

Can you conclusively prove that your god ever existed? He must exist before he can work.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.17  epistte  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.10    6 years ago
It is sad that so many actually accept words from another human being to be a message relayed directly from the grandest possible entity.

Indoctrination and fear will do that to a person.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.18  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @1.1.17    6 years ago
Indoctrination and fear will do that to a person.

not to mention just plain delusion.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.19  Skrekk  replied to  epistte @1.1.15    6 years ago
Stalin was a Catholic.

Georgian Orthodox, I guess that's about as close to Roman Catholic as you can get without recognizing the Pope as being the twitter feed of a sky fairy.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.20  Dulay  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.13    6 years ago

Yet 'Pastor' Jeffress has a direct line and it seems like it's no mystery to him. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.21  epistte  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.19    6 years ago
without recognizing the Pope as being the twitter feed of a sky fairy.

ROFLMAO!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1.1.22  Randy  replied to  Kavika @1.1    6 years ago

I suggest Jefferies deliver the bomb in person and set it off himself right next to it. I am sure that would prove how much god approves of his action!

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
1.2  T.Fargo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1    6 years ago
What would Jesus think?

That they don't deserve their tax exempt status?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  Randy  replied to  T.Fargo @1.2    6 years ago

Right on! Churches should pay taxes just like any other business selling their product.

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
2  Save Me Jebus    6 years ago

Jeeze, people, it's right there in the book. Don't you read?

John 24:17 - I sayeth unto thee, the great orange baboon shall eradicate the Kim with fire and fury, the likes of which the flat Earth has never seen.

So it is written. Duh.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  Save Me Jebus @2    6 years ago
"And thus it is written"...

And so it shall be forever and forever...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    6 years ago

One man's position directly translated to countless many faithful who adopt it as truth because they believe this (irresponsible) pastor has a direct line to the grandest possible entity.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  TᵢG @3    6 years ago

Been that way ever since Jesus walked somethings never change. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago
Been that way ever since Jesus walked somethings never change.

Let's face it, this pastor isn't fit to tie Jesus's sandals.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.1    6 years ago

He sounds a little like Truman. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1.2    6 years ago

The difference is that Truman saved lives by dropping two bombs on two citys, which ENDED a war, the pastor wants to START a war with nukes.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
3.1.4  Randy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.3    6 years ago

If Trump were actually stupid enough to launch a first strike on North Korea, of any kind even his "bloody nose idea" and it starts a war, all of the deaths and injures and blood on both sides would be on his hands and on his hands alone. It would be Trump's war and no one elses.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Randy @3.1.4    6 years ago

Wouldn't that make him a war criminal?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    6 years ago

His tinfoil needs some adjustments.....shaking my head at this dumbass poor excuse for a human being

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
6  Explorerdog    6 years ago

I expect he did get this in writing or at least sent to  his tablet, but not the stone version.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Explorerdog @6    6 years ago

God has an AOL account?

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    6 years ago

Just another example of why not to trust preachers

devangelical
Professor Principal
9  devangelical    6 years ago

Meh, I'm not worried. Plenty of fresh water here. I know some mormons that have basements full of non-perishables, and thumpers burn like firewood if dried for a few weeks. Nuclear winter won't be so bad.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @9    6 years ago

I want to go with the first bomb. I don't want to stick around to see what happens next

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    6 years ago
I don't want to stick around to see what happens next

I do. I want to see the faces of the idiot evangelicals as they realize their hope for Armageddon and their attempts at self-fulfilling the prophecies in Revelation didn't actually summon Christ as they'd hoped. Watching them wander around in a post apocalypse nuclear winter wondering why God didn't save their families or whisk them away to safety will be interesting to observe. Sadly, even the disappointed theocrats will just come up with another excuse as to why Jesus didn't show up and start planning for the next apocalypse saying "This wasn't it, but soon, Jesus will come very soon, I just know it, because I've believed it since childhood, I mean, how could my parents and pastor be wrong?"...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.2  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.1    6 years ago

I just couldn't stand listening to them try to explain why Jesus didn't come again this time. I would rather just be dead, because I don't want to suffer.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
9.1.3  Randy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    6 years ago
I want to go with the first bomb. I don't want to stick around to see what happens next

I feel the same way! When I was stationed at a nuclear weapons base in North Dakota we knew that we were at ground zero. That we were a target of several nuclear weapons in our area in a full exchange including at least one directly on the base and I loved the idea! I knew that if we went through the drill for real and launched our missiles that meant that Russian missiles were already on the way and we had less the ten minutes before we were going to be turned to vapor. There was no place to run or hide. It was actually comforting. We would feel nothing at all. No pain. Just disappear into nothingness.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Randy @9.1.3    6 years ago

My husband says I'm just too pessimistic. Frankly, why stick around if the bombs are falling?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    6 years ago

You might end up glowing in the dark. Wouldn't that be cool?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.6  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.5    6 years ago

laughing dude

Cool! I would never need a flashlight again!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.6    6 years ago

And, imagine how easy would be to find Mr. Giggles then. crazy

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.8  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.7    6 years ago

Who says I want to find him? LOL!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.8    6 years ago

laughing dude

At least you'll know where he is so you can go the other way.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.10  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.9    6 years ago

yer bad...I like that

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.10    6 years ago

Who me???? angel devil

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.8    6 years ago

Image result for meme of mr giggles

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @9.1.12    6 years ago

Image result for meme of mr giggles

Kudos to Mr. Giggles.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.14  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.12    6 years ago

hey! hey! hey!

We'll have none of that on my seeds, Mr Kavika!!!!!!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.15  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.14    6 years ago

What, what, what or wat, wat, wat.

PJ
Masters Quiet
9.1.16  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.10    6 years ago

We need a SiN here.  devil   It would be great to attract some of the old sinners and their witty dialogue.  I wonder where they are camping out these days...... 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.17  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @9.1.16    6 years ago

They're slowly coming in

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.17    6 years ago
They're slowly cuming in

There, fixed it for ya. Happy

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.19  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.18    6 years ago

snicker

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.20  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.17    6 years ago

Witty dialogue is somewhat hindered by the ridiculous skirting rule.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.21  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @9.1.20    6 years ago

Cobalt and Jen are pretty good at skewering somebody without becoming downright nasty.

Sister Agnes is pretty good at it, too.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  devangelical @9.1.20    6 years ago

I don't know, I think we can recruit Perry.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.23  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.21    6 years ago

Using the words teabag and thumper seems to put some folks into orbit.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.24  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @9.1.23    6 years ago

they aren't allowed any more

just like libtard isn't allowed anymore

PJ
Masters Quiet
9.1.25  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.24    6 years ago

Yes, but SiN was a private group if I recall.  Al J extended me an invite shortly after I joined.  Groups can be more flexible with their rules or has that changed with the new CoC?   I really miss reading Al's posts.  He was extraordinarily brilliant with his double entendre.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
10  luther28    6 years ago

Me thinks not. If I am not mistaken, one of the principle Christian tenets is: Thou shalt not kill.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1  livefreeordie  replied to  luther28 @10    6 years ago

Pastor Jeffries made no such statement nor did he express “glee”

what Jeffries refers to is that the Apostle Paul stated that God does authorize governments to  use their authority including weapons of war to confront evil.

Author called Off Topic {SP}

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.1  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1    6 years ago

Off Topic {SP}

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.2  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1    6 years ago

I'll see your Paul and raise you one Matthew 5:39

38  You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’  39  But   I   tell   you   not   to resist   an evil person.   If someone   slaps   you   on   your   right cheek,   turn   to him   the   other   also;   40  if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well;…

Berean Study Bible  

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.3  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1    6 years ago

Care to cite your source for that Paul paraphrasing?  Below is a much more befitting lesson from the bible...

Ecclesiastes 9:18

Wisdom Better than Strength
17  The words of the wise heard in quietness are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools.  18  Wisdom   is better   than   weapons   of war,   but one sinner   destroys   much   good.

New American Standard Bible

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
10.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1    6 years ago
what Jeffries refers to is that the Apostle Paul stated that God does authorize governments to  use their authority including weapons of war to confront evil.

Didn't your sky fairy's mouthpiece say that genocide was OK too, especially if it means you get to eradicate the Midianites?    The good Southern Baptist pastor Jefress is just updating the Mosaic Code for the 21st century so it includes all Koreans and anyone else downwind of the Korean peninsula.

I wonder if there are many Southern Baptists today who don't want to nuke North Korea?    I can only think of one or two and they're SBC members in name only.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  T.Fargo @10.1.2    6 years ago

Not related. The Mathew passage is about personal conduct, not the role and authority of government

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1    6 years ago
what Jeffries refers to is that the Apostle Paul stated that God does authorize governments to use their authority including weapons of war to confront evil.

Ah, so nuclear war (or calling for it) and potentially killing millions as a result isn't evil.  Got it! >sarc<

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.7  livefreeordie  replied to  Gordy327 @10.1.6    6 years ago

I know that even a child can understand that self defense is not evil.   Deleted - Skirting CoC {SP}

An indirect reference targets a category which includes the member. Derogatory statements attacking all within a category (e.g. liberals, conservatives, theists, atheists, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, etc.) are indirect derogatory references.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.8  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.7    6 years ago

Self defense? Like the last war in Iraq?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.9  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.7    6 years ago

He's not even talking about "self-defense"! He's talking first strike! You do know what that means, don't you?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.10  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @10.1.8    6 years ago

I remain proud of Bush's decision authorized by Congress for the Iraq War.  Bush did a lot of things wrong, but the Iraq decision is not one of them.

The Iraq war was ethical and legal under international law and our own self defense.  I'll give multiple posts to demonstrate why

the Setup as noted by the Clinton Administration

September 3, 1998 : Scott Ritter testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Foreign Relations on U.S. policy regarding Iraq weapons inspection and Iraq's capacity to reconstitute weapons of mass destruction in a very short period of time.

“Iraq today is not disarmed, and remains an ugly threat to its neighbors and to world peace.”

December 16, 1998 : The United States and Great Britain begin a four-day air campaign against targets in Iraq, Operation Desert Fox . The stated mission: "to strike military and security targets in Iraq that contribute to Iraq's ability to produce, store, maintain and deliver weapons of mass destruction." UNSCOM withdraws its staff from Iraq.

December 16, 1998 : CNN reports responses from key congressional leaders:

House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Georgia) said the strikes were an example of "the U.S. leading the world by exercising its military power in an appropriate way."

I believe in negotiated solutions to international conflict. This is, unfortunately, not going to be the case in this situation where Saddam Hussein has been a repeat offender, ignoring the international community's requirement that he come clean with his weapons program." - Representative Nancy Pelosi (D, CA)

White House press briefing January 13, 1999

Q: There's now -- we have daily skirmishes now with Iraq. Is the United States effectively at war with Iraq?
LOCKHART: No, the United States is continuing to follow a policy they followed since the end of the Gulf War (inaudible) containing the threat of Saddam Hussein.

January 26, 1999

National Security Advisor Sandy Berger announces that President Clinton has changed the rules of engagement for US aircraft operating in Iraq, giving them much more authority to attack any part of the Iraqi air defense network.

SECRETARY ALBRIGHT: Well, first of all, there are a number of different situations in the world that require a different approach. We have believed, for now seven years, that Saddam Hussein poses a threat to his neighbors and to us, ultimately our forces, and he has acquired and has used weapons of mass destruction against this own people.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.11  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @10.1.8    6 years ago

Saddam Hussein paid out over 35 million dollars to Arab jihadists for killing Jews and Americans. The following Americans were killed by those who took Saddam's blood money. Leaving aside all other reasons, this alone was sufficient reason for the US to take out Saddam Hussein

According to employees of the Iraqi Central Bank and the Rafidain Bank, the former Iraqi ambassador to Jordan, Sabah Yassen, withdrew money from the accounts to make payments ranging from $15,000 to $25,000 to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers, Hyde said.

Palestinians have said Saddam paid more than $35 million to families of Palestinians killed or wounded in the conflict with Israel that began in September 2000.

November 4, 2001, Jerusalem, Israel. Shoshana Ben-Yishai, 16, of Queens, NY was killed in a shooting at a bus station. U.S. citizen injured: Shlomo Kaye.

December 2, 2001, Jerusalem, Israel. Bombing on Ben-Yehuda Street, Jerusalem. U.S. citizens injured: Ziv Brill, 17, of West Hempstead, Long Island, NY, Temima Spetner, 19, of St. Louis, MI, Jason Kirshenbaum of New Rochelle, NY, Israel Hirschfield, 18, Joseph Leifer, 29, of Borough Park (Brooklyn), NY.

December 18, 2001, shooting on the Jerusalem-Shilo road . U.S. citizens injured: David Rubin, 44, of Brooklyn, NY, Asher "Ruby" Rubin, 3.

January 15, 2002, Bethlehem, West Bank. Avraham Boaz, 71, of New York, a dual Israeli-American citizen, was kidnapped at a PA security checkpoint in Beit Jala and murdered.

January 18, 2002: Shooting in Hadera. U.S. citizen killed: Aaron Elis, 32, son of Chicago family.

January 22, 2002: Shooting in Jerusalem, Israel. U.S. citizen injured: Shayna Gould, 19, of Chicago, IL

January 27, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. A Palestinian woman triggered a massive explosion in downtown Jerusalem killing one elderly Israeli and injuring more than 150, including American Mark Sokolow, his wife, and 16 and 12-year-old daughters. Sokolow had earlier survived the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center, escaping from his law office on the 38th floor of the South Tower before it collapsed.

February 8, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Stabbing in Abu Tor Peace Forest Jerusalem. U.S. citizen killed: Moranne Amit, 25

February 15, 2002, near Ramallah, West Bank. Lee Akunis was shot to death.

February 16, 2002: Bombing in Karnei Shomron. U.S. citizens killed: Keren Shatsky, 14, of Brooklyn, NY and Maine, Rachel Thaler, 16, of Baltimore, MD. U.S. citizens injured: Lior Thaler, 14, of Baltimore, MD, Hillel Trattner of Chicago, IL, Ronit Yucht Trattner of Chicago, IL, Chani Friedman of New York.

February 19, 2002: Shooting near Neve Dekalim. U.S. citizens injured: Moshe Saperstein of New York.

February 25, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Moran Amit, 25, was stabbed to death in Abu Tor Peace Forest in Jerusalem.

March 7, 2002, Eshel Hashomron Hotel, Ariel, Israel. A Christian tourist from Arkansas lost her right eye in an attack by a suicide bomber.

March 21, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Bombing on a Jerusalem street. U.S. citizens injured: Alan Joseph Bauer, 37, of Chicago, Yonathon Bauer, 7 (dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship).

March 24, 2002, Ofra, Israel. Shooting near Ofra. U.S. citizens killed:    Esther Kleinman, 23, formerly of Chicago, IL.

March 27, 2002, Netanya, Israel. U.S. citizen Hannah Rogen, 90, was killed in a suicide attack at a Passover Seder.

March 31, 2002, Efrat, Israel. Bombing in Efrat. U.S. citizens injured:   An unidentified American citizen.

June 18, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Moshe Gottlieb, 70, of Los Angeles, CA was killed in a bus bombing in Jerusalem.

June 19, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Gila Sara Kessler, 19, whose family came from New York, was killed in a bombing at a bus stop.

July 31, 2002, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. Nine people were killed when a bomb exploded in the main cafeteria at the Hebrew University's Mount Scopus campus in Jerusalem . Five were U.S. citizens: Janis Ruth Coulter, 36, of MA; Marla Bennet, 24, of San Diego, CA; David Gritz (also a French citizen), 24, of Peru, MA; Benjamin Blutstein, 25, of Susquehanna Township, PA; and Dina Carter, 37, of NC. Israelis David Ladovsky, 29, and Levina Shapira, 53 also died in the bombing. U.S. citizens injured: Spencer Dew, 26, of Owensboro, Kentucky; Zeev Spencer; Harris Gershon; Jamie Harris. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

March 5, 2003: Bus bombing in Haifa . U.S. citizens killed: Abigail Leitel, 14, who was born in Lebanon, New Hampshire.

March 7, 2003: Shooting in the victims’ home . U.S. citizens killed: Rabbi Eli Horowitz, 52, who grew up in Chicago; Dina Horowitz, 50, who grew up in Florida

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.12  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.7    6 years ago
I guess leftists struggle with having even that level of cognitive function

The way you struggle to provide a cite for the bullshit passage supposedly uttered by the Apostle Paul?

Here's another verse from the bible :

Peter 3:12

11  He must turn away from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.  12  For   the eyes   of the Lord   are on   the righteous,   and   His   ears   are inclined to   their   prayer.   But   the face   of the Lord   is against   those who do   evil.”   13  Who will harm you if you are zealous for what is good?…

Berean Study Bible  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.13  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @10.1.8    6 years ago

A little Iraq War 101 for Liberals (not that I expect you to pass but instruction in the truth is always a good thing)

1. Iraq had been in Material Breach of the Cease Fire Agreement between Iraq and the US led Coalition of the 1991 Gulf War

2. Under International Law, Material Breach is legal cause for resumption of Hostilities

3. Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in Material Breach of previous Resolutions including 678 and 687 which is sufficient under International Law on it’s own merits to justify the resumption of Hostilities.

4. The US Authorization of Force in Iraq cites Material Breach as one of the justifications

CHAPTER V
Armistices

Art. 40.

Any serious violation of the armistice by one of the parties gives the other party the right of denouncing it, and even, in cases of urgency, of recommencing hostilities immediately.

Art. 36.

An armistice suspends military operations by mutual agreement between the belligerent parties. If its duration is not defined, the belligerent parties may resume operations at any time, provided always that the enemy is warned within the time agreed upon, in accordance with the terms of the armistice.

Art. 37.

An armistice may be general or local. The first suspends the military operations of the belligerent States everywhere; the second only between certain fractions of the belligerent armies and within a fixed radius.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.14  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @10.1.8    6 years ago
CNN) -- Former President Clinton has revealed that he continues to support President Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq but chastised the administration over the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison.
"I have repeatedly defended President Bush against the left on Iraq, even though I think he should have waited until the U.N. inspections were over," Clinton said in a Time magazine interview that will hit newsstands Monday, a day before the publication of his book "My Life."
Clinton, who was interviewed Thursday, said he did not believe that Bush went to war in Iraq over oil or for imperialist reasons but out of a genuine belief that large quantities of weapons of mass destruction remained unaccounted for.
Noting that Bush had to be "reeling" in the wake of the attacks of September 11, 2001, Clinton said Bush's first priority was to keep al Qaeda and other terrorist networks from obtaining "chemical and biological weapons or small amounts of fissile material."
"That's why I supported the Iraq thing. There was a lot of stuff unaccounted for," Clinton said in reference to Iraq and the fact that U.N. weapons inspectors left the country in 1998.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.15  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.9    6 years ago

First Strike is an important element of self defense- a point made clear in a speech from one of our former presidents

"When your enemy comes at you in a tank or a bombing plane, if you hold your fire until you see the whites of his eyes, you will never know what hit you. Our Bunker Hill of tomorrow may be several thousand miles from Boston.
Anyone with an atlas, anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the sudden striking force of modern war, knows that it is stupid to wait until a probable enemy has gained a foothold from which to attack. Old-fashioned common sense calls for the use of a strategy that will prevent such an enemy from gaining a foothold in the first place.
There are some timid ones among us who say that we must preserve peace at any price -- lest we lose our liberties forever.
To them I say this: never in the history of the world has a Nation lost its democracy by a successful struggle to defend its democracy. We must not be defeated by the fear of the very danger which we are preparing to resist. Our freedom has shown its ability to survive war, but our freedom would never survive surrender.
Today the whole world is divided between human slavery and human freedom -- between pagan brutality and the Christian ideal.
We choose human freedom -- which is the Christian ideal.
As a military force, we were weak when we established our independence, but we successfully stood off tyrants, powerful in their day, tyrants who are now lost in the dust of history.
Odds meant nothing to us then. Shall we now, with all our potential strength, hesitate to take every single measure necessary to maintain our American liberties?
Our people and our Government will not hesitate to meet that challenge.
We in the Americas will decide for ourselves whether, and when, and where, our American interests are attacked or our security is threatened."

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.16  livefreeordie  replied to  T.Fargo @10.1.12    6 years ago

There is no contradiction between that passage and the right that God gives us for self defense.

Jesus said to the Disciples:  "

And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?”

So they said, “Nothing.”

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.  Luke 22:35,36

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.1.18  Gordy327  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.7    6 years ago
I know that even a child can understand that self defense is not evil.

Initiating a war or calling for one is not self defense.

I guess leftists struggle with having even that level of cognitive function

I guess you have nothing to offer other than ad hom attacks and erroneous inferences.

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.19  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.16    6 years ago

So where is the part where Jesus says to them, "Useth thy sword pre-emptively."?

And where is the cite for Apostle Paul's supposed rendering?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.20  livefreeordie  replied to  T.Fargo @10.1.19    6 years ago

When you know that an enemy intends harm to you, it is entirely ethical to engage in self defense against them.  Nowhere in the Bible is this condemned.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.21  livefreeordie  replied to  Gordy327 @10.1.18    6 years ago

Of course it is. But most leftists believe that only if you survive an attack from your enemy is it ethical to defend yourself

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.22  livefreeordie  replied to  Release The Kraken @10.1.17    6 years ago

total leftist nonsense

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.23  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.16    6 years ago

And another thing - reciting these passages isn't the same as advocating for or against [implied nuclear] war, the former being what Jeffress is definitely saying that God has given tRump the authority to do.  Jeffress cannot possibly understand the mind of God, nor can he interpret God's will.  Yet it seems the conservative congregation believes this drivel to justify mass murder.  Kill 'em all and let God sort it out.  That predication is simply irresponsible and as empty headed as the Amen that followed it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.9    6 years ago
'He's talking first strike! You do know what that means, don't you?'

And that's not evil?

I tell you, some folks are so batshit crazy.  

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.26  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.20    6 years ago
Nowhere in the Bible is this condemned.

Try to prove your supposition.  I have proven that it is condemned and even by the commandments 

1. I am the Lord thy God, thou shall not have any gods before me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house, wife, or property.

Now before you get into the definition of murder according to U.S. law, U.S. Law didn't exist when the bible was being put together over the span of 1500 years.  Murder meant to kill, period.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.27  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.14    6 years ago

enough of the off-topic stuff on the Iraq war

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.1.28  Gordy327  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.21    6 years ago
Of course it is.

no, it's not. It's aggression. But keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

But most leftists believe that only if you survive an attack from your enemy is it ethical to defend yourself

Your erroneous sweeping generalization aside, why do you keep inferring I'm "left?"

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.29  livefreeordie  replied to  T.Fargo @10.1.23    6 years ago

Jeffries made no such statements or inferences. That is purely a conclusion of your own bias

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.30  livefreeordie  replied to  Gordy327 @10.1.28    6 years ago

Because over the years I've never seen any post from you that didn't reflect leftist ideology

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.1.31  Gordy327  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.30    6 years ago
Because over the years I've never seen any post from you that didn't reflect leftist ideology

Then you haven't been paying attention. Unlike some people, I don't go by or follow "leftist" or "rightist" ideologies (whatever that is) blindly or go along such lines.

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.32  T.Fargo  replied to  livefreeordie @10.1.29    6 years ago
That is purely a conclusion of your own bias

As equally is yours I suppose?  Nah, you haven't even tried.  Cite, or your side of this discord is merely a myth.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    6 years ago

People like Jeffress have to work Jerusalem into the scenario somehow, but Im sure they are working on it. Any nuclear war must include Israel according to end of days beliefs, which Jeffress surely believes and touts. 

Perhaps Israel will join us in an attack on North Korea and NK will send nukes Jerusalem way.  Or so Jeffress hopes. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago

That’s a lie which I confronted earlier but was removed as somehow “off topic”

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.1  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @11.1    6 years ago

Thumping isn't permitted in this section of NT anymore.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
11.1.2  Randy  replied to  devangelical @11.1.1    6 years ago

I know...damn it!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Tell ya what Pastor.  How about we send the coordinates of your Church to NK and let them try a test run on you.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
12.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12    6 years ago

So you are calling for an enemy of the US to launch a missile attack on the US

that amounts to treason on your part

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @12.1    6 years ago

Sounds like a tongue in cheek remark to me....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  livefreeordie @12.1    6 years ago
So you are calling for an enemy of the US to launch a missile attack on the US

Isn't that what Trump and Jefress are both doing by fomenting a nuclear war immediately upwind of the US mainland?

And aren't you on the west coast, Larry?     I guess you'll be one of the first to get a whiff of the fallout.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
12.1.3  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.1    6 years ago

Sounds like treason and a death threat to me

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.4  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @12.1.3    6 years ago

then report it and stop whining

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.6  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.1.5    6 years ago

you're getting underwear

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.6    6 years ago

...from goodwill.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.8  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @12.1.3    6 years ago

Oh really? What do you think bible babble sounds like?

The bible is superior to the Constitution, join our cult or suffer in this life and burn in hell forever. blah, blah, blah

Randy
Sophomore Participates
12.1.9  Randy  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.1.5    6 years ago
I want something other than socks for Christmas this year....

I could use some socks. About a dozen tube socks please. And then a dozen each of black and brown dress socks. I were a size nine show so don't screw it up. And I am talking really good quality!!!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.10  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Randy @12.1.9    6 years ago
I could use some socks.

Me, too. My DIL makes fun of my daughter and I because we wear our socks out and wear them with holes

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
12.1.11  mocowgirl  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.10    6 years ago
My DIL makes fun of my daughter and I because we wear our socks out and wear them with holes

My grandmother used to darn socks.  And the ones, that were too far gone to darn, were used to make and stuff various rags dolls that she made for the grandkids.

In case you ever want to spend your evening repairing holy socks....

Aside from scullery maids who actually made their living by darning socks, the average person may not know how to properly darn a sock. What if one of the socks in your favorite pair has developed a hole and you simply can't part with them? Well then, you best read this article.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.4    6 years ago
'then report it and stop whining'

laughing dude

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.13  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  mocowgirl @12.1.11    6 years ago

Mr Giggles actually darns his socks when they have holes. You might think he's cheap, but he's not. That's just one of the things he hates spending money on.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
12.1.14  mocowgirl  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1.13    6 years ago
That's just one of the things he hates spending money on.

I agree.  I use holy socks for house shoes and then rags.  LOL!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
12.1.15  Randy  replied to  mocowgirl @12.1.14    6 years ago

My first wife used to darn socks and it was great, unless she darned them on the heel, then I got blisters!!! Of course she was great with coming up with really great hippie patches for my Levis! It was the 70's after all. In fact when they split at the lower seams she would split them to the knees inside and out and sew in some great design material cloth in them making them great big bell bottoms! Great for boot cut or sneakers! Not  so good for formal wear or weddings, depending the couple and if they were having a pig roast for a reception.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
13  Phoenyx13    6 years ago

so how does God give this authority ? was this pastor contacted through phone or email or prayer ?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Phoenyx13 @13    6 years ago
was this pastor contacted through phone or email or prayer ?

The Bible.

Yeshua told his followers to pray for their enemies.  This pastor (like many other men claiming to be Yeshua's rep throughout history) is calling for Yeshua's followers to slay their enemies.   I realize that pray and slay rhyme very prettily, but how is it possible to be an adult and confuse their definitions this grossly?

If Yeshua actually existed, it would greatly behoove him to set his followers on the path of the straight and narrow instead of leaving it up to us former followers to spoon feed the Bible to his current crop of would be followers who have not made the effort to read the instruction manual they claim to follow.

43 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’  44 But   I   tell   you, love   your   enemies   and   pray   for   those who  persecute   you,   45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
13.1.1  Explorerdog  replied to  mocowgirl @13.1    6 years ago

Pray, slay it's a couple of letters, probably a stone tablet typo.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
13.1.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  mocowgirl @13.1    6 years ago
The Bible.

so i am guessing that they are using a "playbook" (so to speak) that was written literally centuries ago before all of our modern technology/strategies/increased populations etc ?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.1.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Phoenyx13 @13.1.2    6 years ago
"playbook" (so to speak) that was written literally centuries ago

It has been translated, rewritten, retranslated, updated, revised, edited and re-edited over 16 centuries in order to communicate the one true word of the one true god - Yahweh/Yeshua.  Yahweh/Yeshua was patterned after former true gods that must have also required fine tuning before becoming socially obsolete and largely forgotten except by historical scholars.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  mocowgirl @13.1.3    6 years ago

That's why the Word of the One True God needs to be written on an etch-a-sketch.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
14  Freefaller    6 years ago

Anyone recall the good ole days when crazy people could be committed much easier?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16  MrFrost    6 years ago
Megachurch Pastor Says Trump Has God’s Approval To Start Nuclear War

So did the pastor get this off of 'God's' twitter feed or was the message delivered via an ancient method like...fax machine? 

You read garbage like this, then the rightists cannot figure out why we need separation of church and state. SMH

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17  MrFrost    6 years ago

I forget, which part of the bible says, "thou shall nuke at will"? I didn't know we had nukes 2000 years ago. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
17.1  Skrekk  replied to  MrFrost @17    6 years ago

That's in Numbers 31:1-18 where the Great Sky Fairy tells the Israelites (via Moses) to nuke the Midianites after they use all the young girls as sex slaves.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Skrekk @17.1    6 years ago

LOL So THAT's where it came from! :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
18  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago
Megachurch Pastor Says Trump Has God’s Approval To Start Nuclear War

Oh wow, this says it all! Duh, let's go to war, we  has got Gawd's approval, wein's is a gonna win and, the Rapture will happen and, we'll all drink Jebus koolaid all day and, all night. Ma, get my guns, I is a gonna go fight me some slant eyes in North Kerea. crazy

MrFrost
Professor Expert
19  MrFrost    6 years ago

As we all know, Jesus is the god of war. laughing dude

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
19.1  Skrekk  replied to  MrFrost @19    6 years ago

His dad actually is a war god.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

What a crock of bullshit. Where did the accused Pastor say what the title indicated?  The Pastor may have indicated that God may be in favour of Trump being tough with Kim, but nuclear war? Such irresponsible provocative crap being posted on NT makes me physically sick.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
20.1  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20    6 years ago

Just imagine that this exact same controversy was surrounding an Imam, Buzz, then you'll be outraged instead of sick.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1    6 years ago

So Lenny, are you and your Greek Chorus of "thumb-uppers" asking me to post the MULTIPLE articles I've seen recently of Imams preaching to their congregations to go out and kill as many Jews as possible?  I've not done that up until now, but don't think I'm not outraged when I see them. Are you not?

By the way, are you getting a kick out of posting a comment criticizing me after so many of my comments?  Is that not considered stalking and a CoC violation?  It's no longer a "donut" joke, Lenny.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
20.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.1.1    6 years ago

Just speaking my mind Buzz, sorry if you can't handle it.  I've read plenty of your extremist lunacy when it comes to the Islamic faith, I find it offensive, and, like I said, if the exact same controversy was surrounding an Imam, you would be outraged at the Imam, not defending him like you are this pastor.  I notice you aren't denying this and thought you wouldn't, you're not a liar.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1.2    6 years ago

Lenny, I wasn't defending the Pastor, I was criticizing the headline of an article that was a falsehood, because the Pastor never mentioned nuclear war. You're right, I'm not a liar, and I don't tolerate liars and lies, which is what I criticized.

Oh, and as for articles I post about Islamists and radical Islam?  Were they untrue?  Point out one to me that was untrue, although the mainstream media is probably afraid to publish those stories.

Do you not find it offensive when Imams preach in their mosques to kill the Jews?  Maybe you'd rather not answer that publicly.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
20.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.1.3    6 years ago

So, now you think I endorse killing Jews?  I hate Islam as much as I hate Christianity, Buzz, but I recognize that the vast majority of Christians AND Muslims are decent people who want the same things most every other human wants, decent employment, and a chance to raise and educate their children in a peaceful environment.  Unlike you, I make no distinction between any of the Abrahamic faiths.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1.4    6 years ago
"Unlike you, I make no distinction between any of the Abrahamic faiths."

You haven't been an NT member close to the number of years that I have, so you would ignore or not be aware of the many times I've posted that I despise extremists of EVERY religion or non-faith.  I have been as critical in the past of the Ultra-Orthodox Haradim as I have been of the Proselytizing Evangelists as I have been of the terrorist Islamists and radical Jew-hating Muslims. I am as aware as you that those extremists of all kinds are a small minority in their respective faiths. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1.4    6 years ago
"So, now you think I endorse killing Jews?"

Now THERE'S a fucking lie.  Where did I say that?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
20.1.7  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.1.6    6 years ago

Now you get your own quote in my special green quoting color!  (you lucky devil)  

Do you not find it offensive when Imams preach in their mosques to kill Jews?(Of course I do, why would you accuse me of not finding this offensive?)  Maybe you'd rather not answer that publicly.

There Buzz, right fucking there!  You flat out accused me of taking no offense to people who suggest killing Jews, THEN you claimed I would not want to answer the question publicly.  It doesn't get any clearer than that, I did not and DO not, lie.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
20.1.8  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.1.6    6 years ago

"Where did I say that?"

Where did I say you said that?  Who's the liar now?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1.7    6 years ago
"Do you not find it offensive when Imams preach in their mosques to kill Jews?"

First of all, Lenny, I asssume English is your first language so hopefully you'll understand this. The line you see above this one is a QUESTION, and NOT AN ACCUSATION - a question that is posed not in a negative but in a positive way, in other words, a kind of ASSURANCE expecting a positive answer.  

The follow up sentence was voicing a concern that perhaps those on this site who see your reply, i.e. those who favour the rights of Palestinians over the rights of Israelis and who support Muslim terrorists as warriors fighting for their rights (and there ARE such persons who are NT members), who may be friends of yours, so you might not want those friends to see that in fact you DO disparage Imams who preach genocide against the Jews, or you might lose those friends. That is why I EXCUSED you from having to answer - that's what THAT sentence meant.

However, I'm finished with this conversation. I don't give a shit what you think any more, even if you're dead wrong.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @20.1.8    6 years ago

"Where did I say you said that?  Who's the liar now?"

To that, anything I would post would be a CoC violation, so I'll leave up to the membership who have known me a hell of a lot longer than you have to make their own decision. 

JBB
Professor Principal
20.1.11  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.1.10    6 years ago

I'll leave up to the membership who have known me a hell of a lot longer than you have to make their own decision

Sorry, but based on votes up on this comment thread it seems the membership decided... definitively.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.2  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20    6 years ago

The CoC doesn't allow us to change the headlines.

This seed is no more bullshit than others that are posted here. Some of your seeds lately have left me shaking my head, but I just walk by and don't leave comments.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @20.2    6 years ago

As I said to L., point out to me an article I've posted that is fake news - just because I post what the mainstream media in its leftist excessive PC doesn't have the nerve to post doesn't mean that what I post is not the truth. I abhor injustice, and if you're thinking of the hijab cases as not being extortion, then you can provide whatever opinion otherwise that you wish.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
20.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.2.1    6 years ago

Can't do it, eh?  Just as I thought. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.2.3  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @20.2.2    6 years ago

No, I just don't feel like arguing with you.

I pick my battles carefully

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
22  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @22    6 years ago

I keep thinking of this movie.....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
22.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1    6 years ago

So do I trout. Where is Christopher Walken when you need him?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1.2  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @22.1.1    6 years ago

Probably dancing somewhere....

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
22.1.3  T.Fargo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @22.1.1    6 years ago

Eating Skittles.

Kavika
Professor Principal
22.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @22.1.2    6 years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1.5  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @22.1.4    6 years ago

Thanks, Kavika. I could watch that over and over and over....

Mr Giggles and I both agree that the worst movie is made better with Christopher Walken