╌>

Did Western officials take bribes to pass Iran nuclear deal?

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  16 comments

An Iranian official has threatened to expose the names of the Western officials who took bribes to support the nuclear deal, several sources are reporting.

Hossein Jaberi Ansari, senior assistant to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, reportedly said that if the Europeans stop trading with Iran and do not put pressure on the US to remain in the agreement, then Iran will reveal which Western politicians received bribes and how much money they had received during negotiations to make the Iran deal happen.

Last week, President Donald Trump announced that the United States will  withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear accord , which was ostensibly designed to keep Tehran’s atomic weapons program in check.

Prior to the US pullout from the deal and surrounding Trump’s dramatic announcement, former Secretary of State John Kerry had been   working feverishly against the Trump administration   in an attempt to salvage the agreement, for which he was the chief negotiator.

Most recently, Kerry was spotted on Saturday at a secret meeting with three Iranian officials in Paris.

This news also coincides with the sudden resignation of the United Nations nuclear watchdog’s top inspector, just as the agency’s work in Iran is once again in focus.

\The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) provided no reason for the sudden resignation of Tero Varjoranta, stating Saturday that it does not comment on confidential personnel matters. Varjoranta held that position for almost five years.

The IAEA, which is in charge of making sure Iran complies with the 2015 deal, released several reports saying that Iran was continuing to abide by the deal’s key measures.

The Israeli NZIV news site surmised that all these events may be tied to the   alleged bribery scandal , that Kerry is acting like a person who has everything in the balance, and that IAEA official may have been on the take or may have resigned after discovering the extent of the corruption.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

It doesn't surprise me that the left-leaning western media won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.  However, it's an interesting theory - even if it could be false news.

What helps to make it interesting is the resignation of a head IAEA guy, and Kerry's desperate almost (almost, if not in fact) treasonous going behind the back of the government.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1  Skrekk  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago

It could be that credible media sources have no interest in unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @1.1    6 years ago
It could be that credible media sources have no interest in unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

WOW! That's the biggest Joke of the year!!!!!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @1.1    6 years ago

You mean like Trump's alleged collusion/money laundering/obstruction of justice conspiracy theories??

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.3  MonsterMash  replied to  Skrekk @1.1    6 years ago

It could be that credible media sources have no interest in unsubstantiated conspiracy theories"

It could be the left-leaning news media has no interest in exposing anything that would hurt Barack Obama, John Lurch Kerry, and the Democratic party.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago
It doesn't surprise me that the left-leaning western media won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

This is an allegation that may or may not turn out to be true. (Actually i have no idea-- not going to make up my mind 'till I see reliable evidence).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago
What helps to make it interesting is the resignation of the head IAEA guy, and Kerry's desperate almost (almost, if not in fact) treasonous going behind the back of the government.

Yup, I'd say it was treasonous. Where is Sally Yates and the "Logan Act" when it really counts? It was a dirty deal right from the beginning and i mean the beginning - It was another radical idea Obama brought into office. Iran was given plenty of money to bribe people along with funding for spreading terror & instability throughout the middle east.

Good article

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    6 years ago

does not surprise me and would not put it past Kerry to have arranged payments with US money

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Prior to the US pullout from the deal and surrounding Trump’s dramatic announcement, former Secretary of State John Kerry had been working feverishly against the Trump administration in an attempt to salvage the agreement, for which he was the chief negotiator.
Most recently, Kerry was spotted on Saturday at a secret meeting with three Iranian officials in Paris."

Bet Flynn is asking why hasn't the FBI called (Only the "Shadow" knows) John Kerry in to "Tell the Truth". chuckle

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
5  Transyferous Rex    6 years ago

Throw the names out there already. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

"Now the thrill of it has got to you Buzz."

Do YOU get a thrill out of attacking me on almost whatever article I post? (Did I use a stolen camera for my photo essays?) Seems to me it gets you into trouble most of the time.  You liken me to those who DO or may have indicated they post false news, but I CLEARLY INDICATED IT COULD HAVE BEEN FALSE NEWS.  I CLEARLY INDICATED IT WAS IMO A THEORY (theories require proof).  Should I have posted it instead in "The Zoo" forum, or maybe humour? 

What gives it the credibility that a normal "false news" story would not have is the actual identification and office of the person who made the statement (has anyone seen a denial?), the tying in of the fact of the contemporary resignation of the head of the IAEA, and John Kerry's recent clandestine meetings with Iranian officials which IMO just could be an offence under the Logan Act.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    6 years ago

John Kerry Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

www.celebritynetworth.com › Richest Politicians  › Democrats

John Kerry Net Worth : John Kerry is an American politician who has a net worth of $250 million dollars . Born John Forbes Kerry

=============================================================

John Kerry is super wealthy. What the hell would he need a bribe from Iran for? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    6 years ago

Who said it was Kerry who was taking bribes (although please give me the name of a person who is super-rich who would turn down the possibility of increasing their wealth)?  I didn't even say his clandestine meetings were because he was concerned about being exposed. And you think I post false stories.....LOL - talk about innuendo.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8  Ronin2    6 years ago
Most recently, Kerry was spotted on Saturday at a secret meeting with three Iranian officials in Paris.

If accurate, I seriously doubt that Kerry is acting on behalf of the current administration. Wouldn't he be in violation of the Logan Act?  If he is acting on behalf of foreign government(s) wouldn't he have to declare this or face the same consequences as Manafort? 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    6 years ago

Very interesting that the subject of 'bribery' pops up when there is more than 'simply credible' evidence that Trump associates are engaging in that very thing.