╌>

'DEPLORABLE': NY Daily News' Cover Ties Ivanka To Gaza Violence "Daddy's Little Ghoul"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  6 years ago  •  123 comments

'DEPLORABLE': NY Daily News' Cover Ties Ivanka To Gaza Violence "Daddy's Little Ghoul"

Source

The New York Daily News is experiencing backlash in response to the release of its new cover, which features a smiling Ivanka Trump gesturing to a photoshopped-in image of an injured Palestinian from the violence on the Gaza strip.

On Monday, in response to the ceremony for the opening of the new U.S. embassy in Jerusalem, Hamas-led Palestinian protesters   rioted   at the Israel-Gaza border, prompting the Israel Defense Forces to strike a number of Hamas targets. According to the Hamas-run health ministry, dozens of Palestinians were killed as a result of the IDF's response. Among those killed were three terrorists who tried to plant a bomb on the border.

In its promotion of an early look at its Tuesday cover on Twitter, the Daily News provided a one-word comment that aptly described its own cover: "Deplorable."

The headline reads, "Daddy's Little Ghoul: 55 slaughtered in Gaza, but Ivanka all smiles at Jerusalem embassy unveil."

If the Daily News was trying to cause a stir, it certainly succeeded. 

May 15, 2018, 3:34PM ... Special for John Russell who complained that I didn't include a photo:

https://thenewstalkers.com/discussion/image/discussion_image/39845/larger/_v=1526399471

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

The  reaction online  was strong, including from Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro and Fox News' Brit Hume:

In an op-ed for The Daily Wire, Shapiro slammed the left-wing media for acting as " the propaganda arm " for the Hamas terrorist organization, who planned and led the violent protests and terrorist activity on Monday.

A few other examples of the blowback online:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    6 years ago

I didn't know that anyone who trashed the Rump family was 'left wing media'

FAKE NEWS!  FAKE NEWS!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

Don't you think photoshopping a picture to make it look like what you want your news story to be about is wrong?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago

I think the title is hilarious 'Daddie's little ghoul'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago
'Don't you think photoshopping a picture to make it look like what you want your news story to be about is wrong?'

Don't you think the countless photoshopped memes - the vicious and despicable lies - that are posted about the Obamas and all things Clinton - don't you think that is wrong?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    6 years ago

WTF does any of that bullshit have to do with THIS story?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago
Don't you think photoshopping a picture to make it look like what you want your news story to be about is wrong?

Before I seeded this article, I read many others. They were all from left-wing media and agreed with NY Daily News. Imagine if right wing media had done sloppy, deceptive "reporting" like this if Obama had had the balls to move the embassy and sent Michelle Obama as his representative. At a minimum, right wing media would have been called misogynistic, Islamophobic, and racist.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.5  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    6 years ago

Yes I do, but you did not answer my question.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.5    6 years ago

Deflection is often easier than answers.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    6 years ago

Stop trolling my seed with off-topic comments.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.4    6 years ago
Imagine if right wing media had done sloppy, deceptive "reporting" like this

That's all the 'right wing' media has.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    6 years ago
Deflection is often easier than answers.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago

(Deleted, CoC {SP})  No photoshopping involved.  The "photoshopped" comment came from the Daily Wire article. It's their bad description, not Spike's.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    6 years ago

Stop trolling my seed.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.13  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago

It's a violation of journalistic ethics … on that we can agree.

… but let us not be selectively indignant … and hypocritical.

There are many right-wing rags … and … when I attack any specific source, I always give the particulars in terms of "who," and "why."

Most of those who attack sources in these threads, do so with one-liner pieces of demagoguery … like parrots. 

Just look around this thread and see.

And the Daily Wire, which has a right to be critical on the Daily News cover … IS NO ROLE MODEL FOR JOURNALISTIC ETHICS.

I.E. False stories

According to   Snopes , "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified." [11] Among the falsehoods published on the Daily Wire include “leftists” digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL’s widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies. [11]

FactCheck.Org   found that the Daily Wire was the source of a false story which credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. According to FactCheck.Org found that the errors were discovered and published by HUD’s independent inspector general before Carson became secretary. [12]

The Daily Wire has published a number of articles which cast doubt that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Experts have described the articles as inaccurate and misleading

So let us be fair and balanced (to coin a phrase).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    6 years ago

Thanks yet once again for your love of my posts!!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    6 years ago

"Photoshopped" connotes an intention to deceive, the newspaper cover doesn't show that. It is more like an editorial comment that Ivanka was laughing it up in Jerusalem while hundreds of people were being killed or wounded in Gaza. 

It is a fair if hard editorial, but I am surprised the New York Daily News would put this on the front page. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

Meanwhile Jared was blaming the Palestinians for the fact that Israeli snipers were murdering them.    He seemed oblivious to the fact that his father in law's decision to relocate the embassy to disputed territory was the cause of the current protests.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @3.1    6 years ago

I bet you blame the battered wife for her beating don't you? 

"If she would just did what her abuser wanted, she wouldn't have gotten beat."

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.2    6 years ago

False equivalency. And a pretty stupid one.

Storming a national border with STATED purpose of murdering Jews is likely to get those monsters shot.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago
It is more like an editorial comment that Ivanka was laughing it up in Jerusalem

Did it escape you and the NY Daily News that she and hundreds of others were celebrating the long-promised opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2    6 years ago
that she and hundreds of others were celebrating the long-promised opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem?

I saw it as finally fulfilling one of President Bill Clintons ......... "Legacy's" ?  winking

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2    6 years ago

Does it escape you that while she was "celebrating" hundreds of people were being killed or wounded not that far away, in a protest to the embassy opening? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to    6 years ago
They should stop trying to breach the fence and burning tires and throwing Molotov cocktails at boarder outpost

Israel dropped flyers into Palestine warning Hamas to stay away from the fence and not cause trouble. As usual, terrorist Hamas didn't listen. Thousands threatened the border and now Hamas supporters (including some NT people) are whining that Hamas terrorists again put their own women and children in danger as they attacked Israel.

By the way ... left wing media tried to make it sound like Hamas' violence/rioting was simply peaceful protest. Go figger.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    6 years ago
she was "celebrating" hundreds of people were being killed or wounded

She was not. That's an obvious lie. She was celebrating the opening of the new embassy. I have to believe you know that.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2.7  A. Macarthur  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.1    6 years ago

Nope …

Every president since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy, citing national security interests. Every six months, the President has used the presidential waiver to circumvent the embassy move.

In July of 1980, Israel passed a law that declared Jerusalem the united capital of Israel. The United Nations Security Council responded with a resolution condemning Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem and declared it a violation of international law.
In 2006, Costa Rica and El Salvador were the last to move their embassies out of Jerusalem, joining the rest of the world in locating their embassies in Tel Aviv.
86 countries have embassies in Tel Aviv, until yesterday, ZERO had embassies in Jerusalem!
Trump's impetuous, ignorant, knee-jerk grandstanding will leave us in the lurch with few or no allies. Those who follow "Jess Willard," do so in the hope that he will lead them backwards to a perceived "promised land" of antebellum origin. 
Perhaps if the children, grandchildren, spouses, friends, relatives and neighbors of his followers, go off to wars to die and be maimed for the narcissistic, egotistical, bravado-buffoonery decisions of an unqualified, un-temperamentally suited POTUS …
… they'll get the picture.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2.7    6 years ago
Every president since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy, citing national security interests. Every six months, the President has used the presidential waiver to circumvent the embassy move.

Cowards all.

The Middle East is what it is, and no matter how nice one wants to be to them, they'll stab you in the back quicker than you can say "Sorry" !

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2.9  A. Macarthur  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.8    6 years ago
The Middle East is what it is, and no matter how nice one wants to be to them, they'll stab you in the back quicker than you can say "Sorry" !

If that's the case … and I believe that it is …

WTF is Trump doing pouring gasoline on an inevitable, eternally burning tinder box?

HINT: Sheldon Adelson and $ 30 million to Trump!

Can't have it both ways my friend.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.2.10  A. Macarthur  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2.5    6 years ago
left wing media tried to make it sound like Hamas' violence/rioting was simply peaceful protest. Go figger.

Specific sources and text please.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3.2.11  Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2.10    6 years ago

That's disingenuous. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3.2.12  Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2.7    6 years ago

Every other nation gets to pick their capital. Holding Israel to a different standard is a firm of antisemitism. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    6 years ago

Fuck those protestors. Israel--like EVERY country on earth--get to decide what city is it's capital.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.14  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.2.10    6 years ago
Specific sources and text please.

Do some research on "Pallywood". There are hundreds of examples.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.13    6 years ago
'Fuck those protestors.'
'Meanwhile Jared was blaming the Palestinians for the fact that Israeli snipers were murdering them.    He seemed oblivious to the fact that his father in law's decision to relocate the embassy to disputed territory was the cause of the current protests.'
Like Shrekk said above.
Wow - how brave of you - fuck those protesters - as they're being murdered by the Israelis . 
You're such a bad ass  lol

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.15    6 years ago

Murdered?

Maybe Palestinians shouldn't be protesting what goes on inside of ISRAEL. It isn't any of their damn business.

Palestinians should have taken any one of the deals offered for a two state solution instead of trying to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

When Palestinians reject their terrorist leaders, MAYBE Israel will be willing to negotiate again.

I don't feel sorry for fools who are being led to be martyrs because they hate the Jews so much that dying in protests is somehow a viable option for them.

I don't have much use for Americans supporting those terrorists either.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
4  magnoliaave    6 years ago

That newspaper was reaching pretty hard core deep to come up with such stupidity and fake, as well.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  magnoliaave @4    6 years ago

Magnolia the newspaper cover is not "fake news".  It does not claim to be showing Ivanka laughing at the Palestinians. 

ny_daily_news_cover.jpg?itok=DMEdOLfQ

The photo at the top right is an insert. It is not "photoshopped".  The photo isnt trying to convince you that Ivanka is pointing at the photo.   It is more of an editorial, like you would see in an editorial cartoon. 

The seeder should have posted the image of the cover of the paper, and maybe some of this confusion could have been avoided. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    6 years ago
The seeder should have posted the image of the cover of the paper, and maybe some of this confusion could have been avoided. 

I did. It's not my fault that the cover photo I included from the NY Daily News when I seeded this article only appears on NT's front page and not here as well.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.1    6 years ago

You have to put it in both places if you want it in both places.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1.2    6 years ago
You have to put it in both places if you want it in both places.

I didn't know that. I edited my intro a few minutes ago, but all that was added was a link to the photo. Thanks for your help.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.4  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    6 years ago

And yet, it's obvious what the attempt was by merging 2 pictures together making a visual statement.  Even you aren't that obtuse.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.4    6 years ago

As I said, I would say the mixing of the two photos is an editorial statement, and no it is not meant to flatter Ivanka Trump.

But neither is it intended to fool people into thinking she was actually literally laughing at the Palestinians.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.4    6 years ago

Are you really sure about your last sentence?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2  Sparty On  replied to  magnoliaave @4    6 years ago

Meh, what do your expect from a rag like this paper?   Apparently disingenuous left wing hatred is all they got when it comes to the Trumps.  

Sells well to the worker drones in the hive though.   I mean look at them slobbering all over it here.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.2.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Sparty On @4.2    6 years ago

Direct contrast to the boot licking he gets from Fox, but I am sure you see that source as fair and balanced something they even were forced to distance themselves from. I try my best to get informed from various outlets finding the truth in between, however I refuse to be ladled propaganda by fox.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Explorerdog @4.2.1    6 years ago

Well according to this Harvard study, when it comes to positive and negative reporting, Fox is about as close to "neutral" as one can get.   Whatever that means.

Network reporting Positive vs Negative

Fox was damn near 50-50 a year ago ..... leaning slightly towards the negative.     The others?   Not even close.

The news is the news but there ain't no way Trumps was honestly 90+% negative.

No way.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.2    6 years ago

Donald Trump is the most unqualified and dishonest president in the history of this country.  Why on earth would you expect "50-50" positive and negative media coverage? 

Objectively, very little of it should be positive. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    6 years ago

Why on earth would you expect "50-50" positive and negative media coverage? 

Who said i did?   Like i said, the news is the news.

That said, your name and objectivity do not really fit together well John.

Now there's a fine example of objective reporting.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.5  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    6 years ago
Donald Trump is the most unqualified and dishonest president in the history of this country.

Off topic.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.4    6 years ago

Please don't reply to off topic comments. Thanks.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2.5    6 years ago

He is the one who brought up the media coverage of trump, but I am off topic?  rofl. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.7    6 years ago

You know John, as one of the most active complainers about off topic posts, you sure post a lot of off topic posts.

That said i didn't bring up Donald Trump.   You did.   I brought up Trumps, of which Ivanka is one.  

You did notice the article was about Ivanka Trump right?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.9  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.3    6 years ago

Objectivity has nothing to do with positive or negative.  The problem is, journalism has ceased to exist for the most part in the U.S., now it is all Editorial and Opinion shaped to fit the ideology of who is reporting it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @4    6 years ago
That newspaper was reaching pretty hard core deep to come up with such stupidity and fake, as well.

Not exactly, Maggie. The place for such an item is on an editorial or op-ed page where it is clearly posted as an opinion, that, rather than on a front page which ethically should be reserved for actual "news".

Take it from a retired newspaper editor, and also, a published author of political editorial commentary.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    6 years ago
55 slaughtered in Gaza

Allegedly. Even if true, guess how it could have been avoided? Stay away from Israel's border and stop lobbing bombs over the fence. Simple.

Ivanka all smiles at Jerusalem embassy unveil

That's right. People who support Israel are happy at this acknowledgment of their sovereignty. Those whose primarily goal in this world is to destroy Israel are understandably upset. Too bad, losers!

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
5.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Tacos! @5    6 years ago

So when trump is defeated in the next election you will become a complacent loser and no matter what happened on our soil you would simple stand by and become an audience if told to sit down and shut up.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Explorerdog @5.1    6 years ago

Please read the seeded article and stay on topic. It is not about the 2020 presidential election and other NewsTalkers members. Thank you.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  Spikegary  replied to  Explorerdog @5.1    6 years ago

Like you have been, let's say, since November 2016?  LOL.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    6 years ago

This article is totally without merit.

Ivanka.  Nice T&A.  Her best asset except for the access to wealth of course.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1  KDMichigan  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago
Nice T&A.

We all know how the left hates a smart white female that doesn't wear a pussy hat.

Thanks for confirming that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1    6 years ago

What does white have to do with it?   Deleted, Skirting  {SP}

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1    6 years ago

Smart?

White?

Nice T&A.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago

Removed for context

If it makes it better the left hates a smart BLACK women that doesn't toe the line either. 

Nice try John Russell trying to call someone a racist to cover for a misogynist statement by one of your own.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.4    6 years ago

You seem to think that white women like Ivanka Trump get some sort of short end of the stick. Probably white men too. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    6 years ago

if a conservative made that remark in post 6 about a favored Democratic woman, you'd be having kittens over it.

Please don't bother to protest that remark, either.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    6 years ago

The right makes disparaging remarks about "liberal" women all the time. 

Ivanka looks like a movie star.  That's just the way it is. 

Too bad she's a white collar criminal. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.8  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    6 years ago

So, that excuses your misogyny?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.9  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago

Removed for context

This from the person who thinks "Uncle Tom" is an appropriate term.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    6 years ago

And you have kittens every time over it.

Time to get over it.

And if you call people criminals, you should have the class to at LEAST prove it.
Can you do that, or is it all made up?

Please, list Ivanka's convictions, as you claim.

Tick tock.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Cerenkov @6.1.9    6 years ago

Well, don't ya know that any black person who is conservative or (GASP!) a Republican is automatically branded as an Uncle Tom?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.10    6 years ago

I wish all criminals had been convicted. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.13  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    6 years ago

Deleted CoC  {SP}

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.1.14  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.12    6 years ago

Sadly, Hillary is still free.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.12    6 years ago

So in reality, which some of us still live in, you have absolutely no evidence that she has ever done anything wrong.

Got it.

You could have saved time by just saying up front you were making an unfounded allegation.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.10    6 years ago

Ivanka was sued several times for ripping off other people's designs in her clothing and shoe company.

She settled so she wouldn't have to go to court.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.15    6 years ago

They'll close in on her sooner or later.

• Ivanka ’s signature real estate deals were disasters linked ...

https:// thinkprogress.org / ivanka s-real-estate-deals-corruption-33f...

Ivanka ’s signature real estate deals were disasters linked to drug cartels and money laundering The president’s daughter has been at the center of a pair of the presidential projects tied most closely to grand corruption.

• Ivanka Trump Co. Hit with Subpoena For Money Laundering ...

www.bluedotdaily.com/ ivanka ...for-massive- money - laundering -allegations

Turns out, the Commercial Bank of Dubai has now subpoenaed Ivanka Trump’s diamond jewelry line, with the underlying reason being that the diamonds were being used in a $100,000,000 money laundering scheme, according to a GQ report.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @6.1.16    6 years ago

So she has never been convicted of a damn thing, and some yahoos want to call her a criminal.

Got it now.

Wow--thanks for the clarification.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.19  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.18    6 years ago

Why settle and pay them if she is so innocent?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.20  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.13    6 years ago

Removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @6.1.19    6 years ago

it is often cheaper for companies to settle than go to court.

Most people in America already knew that.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    6 years ago

She also lied about it. Said that she was not part of design, then was caught saying that she oversees every design.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @6.1.22    6 years ago

Yawn. An old case already settled. Not a criminal, as claimed by some yahoo.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @6.1.22    6 years ago
'She also lied about it. Said that she was not part of design, then was caught saying that she oversees every design.'

Author called off topic {SP}

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.24    6 years ago

Author called off topic  {SP}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.25    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.26    6 years ago

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6.2  Cerenkov  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago

Deleted, Skirting  {SP}

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago

Deleted, skirting  {SP}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.4    6 years ago

Removed for context

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.4.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Tessylo @6.4    6 years ago

Removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @6.4.2    6 years ago

Removed for context

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.4.4  magnoliaave  replied to  Tessylo @6.4.3    6 years ago

Removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.4.6  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @6.4.4    6 years ago

No Value "BF"

That type of posting utilizes too much bandwidth.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.4.7  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.4.6    6 years ago

TESSY THAT"S ENOUGH! I've reported all of your OFF TOPIC comments. 

MAGS and TEXAN - I've reported yours, too. You're falling for the bait.

ALL OF YOU --- Discuss the seeded topic and not Ivanka's breasts!!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.4.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6.4.6    6 years ago

Removed for context  {SP}

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Here's a funny

jared.JPG

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @7    6 years ago

I wonder when Jared plans to bring peace to the middle east?     What's taking him so long?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago

Well, you see, there are a bunch of rowdy Arab protestors disturbing any chance at peace presently so I don't think it will be anytime soon as long as Palestinians are ruled by terrorists.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
7.1.2  Explorerdog  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago

The check hasn't cleared.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8  Split Personality    6 years ago

Locked until the seeder can be present to try to moderate this...  {SP}

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Split Personality @8    6 years ago

I'm not sure why you locked my seed, SP. Aren't seeders allowed to tend to personal matters,  have dinner, and sleep?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1    6 years ago

One more thing - When users visit seeds and find inappropriate comments, they're supposed to report them to the moderators for review. It's safe to assume that's why you've been active on this seed. As the seeder, I  cannot moderate the way you can. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1    6 years ago

Locking Articles

If, at any point in a discussion, an author cannot moderate, that author may LOCK the article to comments. If an author is unable to moderate due to absence, the author is required to LOCK the article.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.1.3  Spikegary  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.2    6 years ago

Define absence.  You are going overboard on this stuff SP.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.4  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @8.1.3    6 years ago
Define absence. 

That's what I'd like to know. I was "absent" for approximately 12 hours or less. If users had problems with someone's comments, all they had to do was report the comments. As a seeder, I can't delete CoC violations and there have been plenty of them on this seed so other than playing "daddy" by warning people, I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to "moderate". 

You are going overboard on this stuff SP.

As a relatively new NT member, it's difficult for me to put "overboard" into NT's historical perspective. What I do know is that SP targeted my seed and doesn't lock others' seeds as quickly as he locked mine. I'm not "whining" or complaining ... it is what it is, I suppose.

Pedro
Professor Participates
8.1.5  Pedro  replied to  Spikegary @8.1.3    6 years ago

Perrie has repeatedly defined absence as anything over 6-8 hours. I don't see how anybody has missed that at this point. Especially considering she has directly informed pretty much all of you time and again. However, it is also a mods discretion if it falls under that 6-8 hours if they feel the article is devolving, which is pretty easy to assert when you see the flagged comments start to pile up. Additionally, if an author posts and runs, and we see it, we will always lock that article pending the author's return.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1.4    6 years ago

This is a big reason why i don't bother posting articles anymore.

I think the lock/unlock thing is a mistake for more than one reason.   I see some people use it in attempt to control the conversations.   Others like me don't have time to constantly patrol all the dumbass crackposterry that tends to happen here.   So people don't post articles ..... which is counter to what Perrie is trying to do here.

I say let the report feature work.   If posts are out of bounds let people report it.   When people are a continual problem give them the broom.

Problem fixed.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.7  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Pedro @8.1.5    6 years ago
Perrie has repeatedly defined absence as anything over 6-8 hours. I don't see how anybody has missed that at this point.

I've never seen her say this. Perhaps it's because I don't live on NewsTalkers as others do.

However, it is also a mods discretion 

Well, that explains why this seed was locked!

Additionally, if an author posts and runs, and we see it, we will always lock that article pending the author's return.

I didn't "post and run". I was actively commenting and reporting CoC violations yesterday as often as I could. But even I, as a seeder, should be allowed to spend some time with my family, eat, and sleep, don't you think? Moderators can stay up all night being nannies if they wish. As a seeder, I expect NT users to behave themselves and don't see a need to lock my seeds.

Pedro
Professor Participates
8.1.8  Pedro  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1.7    6 years ago
As a seeder, I expect NT users to behave themselves and don't see a need to lock my seeds.

That isn't realistic. Since it takes but a single click, and in theory you would want to participate in your own article, so locking it when you aren't around seems like a non issue. Plus, it's the rules, and IIRC, was also voted in by the community, but regardless, also happens to be eminently practical.

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    6 years ago

If Trump supporters would even bother to listen to the idiotic "speech" Ivanka gave, she totally flubbed our country name, she said "The United States ON America". 

These people are totally incompetent and there is no possible way that the Trump name should be on our Embassy, it is the AMERICAN EMBASSY, not a Trump property.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  freepress @9    6 years ago
If Trump supporters would even bother to listen to the idiotic "speech" Ivanka gave, she totally flubbed our country name, she said "The United States ON America".

Is that the best you've got? At least she didn't announce that there are 57 US states or ask a paralyzed man in a wheelchair to stand up!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1    6 years ago
'Is that the best you've got? At least she didn't announce that there are 57 US states or ask a paralyzed man in a wheelchair to stand up!'

That's all you got on President Obama? ( Author called off topic {SP} )

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    6 years ago

Removed for contex {SP}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.3    6 years ago

Skirting the Coc, "BF"

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

In order to abide by Split Personality's rules for my seed, I will lock this seed until after I spend time with my family, have dinner, and sleep. See you all tomorrow.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @10    6 years ago

Hi Jasper,

They are not SP rules but the site rules. Otherwise, in your absence, your seed had to be monitored by the mods or have the potential of going off the rails. That is why we ask you to lock them if you are going to be away for long periods of time. It is as much for your protection as it is to aid in moderation. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Dineen Borelli:

Trump fulfilled his campaign promise to move the American embassy to Jerusalem, but the Left is completely focused on the unrelated Palestinian terrorist-inspired violence. Typical. The media and the Left will write ANYTHING to ignore Trump’s successes.