╌>

Christopher Steele, Trump dossier author and ex-spy, under fire

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  51 comments

Christopher Steele, Trump dossier author and ex-spy, under fire

th?id=OIP.d82av69z6QRgFVRWl4CTwgHaEK&pid

In a London courtroom this week, lawyers for Christopher Steele, the former British spy and author of the Trump dossier, fought to protect his sources, which claimed the Kremlin had salacious and compromising information on Donald Trump.

In March, Steele   was ordered   by the English High Court to appear for an upcoming videotaped deposition in London to be used as trial testimony in ongoing civil litigation against Buzzfeed for publishing the unverified dossier.

Buzzfeed, the online publication, is being sued by Russian businessman Aleksej Gubarev in the UK and in Florida for publishing the dossier prepared by Steele and his company, Orbis Business Intelligence, that named companies owned by Gubarev, a technology executive.

In the complex litigation, Buzzfeed,   according to the Times of London,   is now seeking to quiz Steele on "the dossier as a whole," which is a change in tactics.

"Shameful" was the word quoted by the British newspaper, attributing it to an anonymous associate of Steele's company. Steele's colleague, Chris Burrows, Director of Orbis, declined to answer Fox News' email questions, responding that "I regret that for a variety of reasons, I can offer no comment on any of the questions raised."

Buzzfeed's director of communications, Matthew Mittenthal, told Fox News via email, "We believe that Mr. Steele's testimony about his work on the dossier is essential to the public's understanding of the ongoing federal investigations into a critical document that was circulating and informing decisions at the highest level of government. We have made it clear to the courts that we are not seeking Mr. Steele's confidential sources."

Not so fast, said Evan Fray-Witzer, a Boston based attorney representing the Cyprus-based Russian technology guru.

Steele was paid $168,000 by Glenn Simpson's company Fusion GPS for the series of memos containing information that was selectively briefed to journalists approved by Simpson and used by the FBI.  The entire 35 pages of Steele memos was published by Buzzfeed in January 2017. Simpson's Fusion GPS was paid through law firm Perkins Coie, whose client was the DNC and the Clinton campaign.

Fray-Witzer alleged that "Buzzfeed wants to pretend that it was reporting on some government investigation. It wasn't. The Dossier wasn't some government report, it was a bunch of memos written by a private opposition research firm hired to try to find dirt.  And when Buzzfeed threw it up on the internet, they weren't publishing the Pentagon Papers, they were doing exactly what they admitted they were doing - publishing salacious, unverified information because they thought people would click on it. If you publish clickbait you should own up to it and not pretend it's journalism."

With a decision by the British judge expected Friday, the latest proceeding was described to Fox News as an "odd quirk" by Fray-Witzer.

He called the latest British litigation strategy by Buzzfeed somewhat 'shocking' and told Fox News in an email, "They went to court in London to argue that asking Steele about the only relevant memo wasn't enough, they want to ask him about Trump and (Michael) Cohen and sex tapes. What does this have to do with the lies they published about Gubarev and Webzilla? Nothing -- They're just trying to wave (a) sparkler around and say, 'look over here, look over here.'"

Meanwhile the former spy Steele is facing a possible criminal investigation by the Department of Justice after two senior Republican senators, Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., sent a criminal referral to the department in January.

When asked about the status of the criminal referral, Sarah Isgur Flores, director of the DOJ Public Affairs Office, told Fox News via email, "We don't confirm or deny the existence of investigations."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/17/christopher-steele-trump-dossier-author-and-ex-spy-under-fire.html

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

"Meanwhile the former spy Steele is facing a possible criminal investigation by the Department of Justice after two senior Republican senators, Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., sent a criminal referral to the department in January."

Amen

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

Isn't strange how only Trump supporting Congressmen and, news agency's are seeking these charges? It reminds me of something else in the past that happened......I can't quite put my finger on it but, it involved a government overthrow and, the killing of the truth. Oh yeah, it happened in the early part of the twentieth century in a little country called Russia.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
What in the hell are you talking about.

It is truly sad that people don't know history and, are doomed to repeat it.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.3  Explorerdog  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.2    6 years ago

Evan Fray-Witzer, a Boston based attorney representing the Cyprus-based Russian technology guru.

I fully expect for this guy to become one of the faux panelists and cited as the expert in a fair and balanced way which everyone outside of the indoctrination camp knows that means when you can't shovel the crap fast enough just get a bigger shovel.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1    6 years ago
I can't quite put my finger on it but, it involved a government overthrow and, the killing of the truth. Oh yeah, it happened in the early part of the twentieth century in a little country called Russia.

Also reminds me of some of the actions taken in Nazi Germany.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1    6 years ago
Isn't strange how only Trump supporting Congressmen and, news agency's are seeking these charges?

Funny, I find it strange how progressive congressmen and the MSM and the Mueller team have ignored this story. 

It reminds me of something else in the past that happened......I can't quite put my finger on it but, it involved a government overthrow and, the killing of the truth. Oh yeah, it happened in the early part of the twentieth century in a little country called Russia.

You can't mean the Russian Revolution of 1917? That was actually two revolutions. One by the people, which was followed by the other - the Bolsheviks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.4    6 years ago
I can't quite put my finger on it but, it involved a government overthrow and, the killing of the truth. Oh yeah, it happened in the early part of the twentieth century in a little country called Russia.

It was quite a plot, a real cabal. The Clinton Campaign & the FBI & the DOJ and yes, Barak Obama.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    6 years ago
It was quite a plot, a real cabal. The Clinton Campaign & the FBI & the DOJ and yes, Barak Obama.

It makes so much sense, Hillary colluding with the FBI , the DOJ & the President to make sure the investigation of Donald Trumps Russian ties weren't disclosed till months after the election. I mean, it's so obvious that they were coordinating, especially announcing the re-opening of the Hillary investigation just days before the election which many credit as playing a part in her loss, I mean, that's some serious 3D chess. This secret cabal with all this power controlled the election and kept all the dirt they had gathered on Trump a secret so they could release it all after he became President, I mean, it's just so next level that some might even call it, um, what is the word I'm looking for, oh yeah, Insane!

We do know Putin wanted Trump to win, the Trump team was actively seeking dirt on Hillary from the Russians, the Russian government used fake accounts on social media to push false narratives about Hillary, the Russian government hacked a private US email server to disseminate the opposition parties emails during a national election, the Russians also hacked at least 22 States election rolls gathering voter data which enabled them to target potential Hillary voters with misinformation in key battleground States, Trump himself openly asked Russia to find and release stolen emails, his campaign manager was taking millions in cash from Russian oligarchs, the GOP position supporting Ukraine was removed from the Republican platform, the soon to be national security advisor was communicating with the Russian government telling them the agreed upon dropping of sanctions would happen as soon as they were in office so there was no need to retaliate at the added sanctions from the Obama administration, multiple Trump team members lied about their interactions with Russian operatives, but no, it's definitely some Hillary collusion cabal that we should worry about...

I'm really rather sad that there would be some Americans either so partisan, gullible or stupid enough to believe in a Hillary collusion theory. It really does just boggle the mind of those who actually have one, those who don't I'm sure are fascinated by the insanity. They tighten their tin foil hats and keep moving the pins and yarn on their conspiracy theory board in their basement making themselves feel important because they believe they've figured out the whole secret deep state. They peek out past their curtains anytime they hear a vehicle believing the men in black will show up to take them away any minute.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.7    6 years ago
It makes so much sense, Hillary colluding with the FBI , the DOJ & the President to make sure the investigation of Donald Trumps Russian ties weren't disclosed till months after the election.

I think iv'e said it on NT at least 3 times, but here I go again. The FBI investigation of the Trump campaign was a Counter-intelligence investigation. Thus, Comey could not release that information. Why was it a Counter-intelligence investigation? Because they didn't have a criminal predicate to investigate Trump's campaign.

I mean, it's so obvious that they were coordinating, especially announcing the re-opening of the Hillary investigation just days before the election which many credit as playing a part in her loss,

If Andy McCabe investigated the Weiner laptops, instead of trying to hold back until after the election, Comey wouldn't have felt the need to cover the FBI's ass.

I mean, that's some serious 3D chess. This secret cabal with all this power controlled the election and kept all the dirt they had gathered on Trump a secret so they could release it all after he became President, I mean, it's just so next level that some might even call it, um, what is the word I'm looking for, oh yeah, Insane!

Ya, the way your'e trying to portray it, it does seem insane. However, Hillary didn't win so now we have the facts.

We do know Putin wanted Trump to win, the Trump team was actively seeking dirt on Hillary from the Russians, the Russian government used fake accounts on social media to push false narratives about Hillary, the Russian government hacked a private US email server to disseminate the opposition parties emails during a national election, the Russians also hacked at least 22 States election rolls gathering voter data which enabled them to target potential Hillary voters with misinformation in key battleground States, Trump himself openly asked Russia to find and release stolen emails, his campaign manager was taking millions in cash from Russian oligarchs, the GOP position supporting Ukraine was removed from the Republican platform, the soon to be national security advisor was communicating with the Russian government telling them the agreed upon dropping of sanctions would happen as soon as they were in office so there was no need to retaliate at the added sanctions from the Obama administration, multiple Trump team members lied about their interactions with Russian operatives, but no, it's definitely some Hillary collusion cabal that we should worry about...

That sure is a long sentence. Let me set you straight:
1) Putin may have wanted Clinton to lose. She did try to mess with his election, however in spite of what the 3 politicized intel agencies have claimed - they never really proved that irrelevant point.
2) The Trump team WAS OFFERED DIRT ON HILLARY - Could that be the FBI spy or Steele's associates? They were willing when offered, but they never sought it!
3) We were told that it was Russia that hacked the DNC. We were told that Russia helped Wikileaks. Does that mean they didn't try to hack the RNC? They staged pro & anti Trump protests.
4) As far as we know the Russians never changed a vote
5) Trump did ask Russia to look for the e-mails which Hillary destroyed
6) His campaign manager dealt with foreign governments in 2005 & 2006, not as campaign manager - he was only manager for 3 months
7) The future national security advisor had every right to talk with Russian diplomats and had every right to discuss sanctions. It is their foreign policy after all.
8) Multiple Trump team members had every right to meet with foreign government officials as long as nothing illegal took place, and there wasn't any illegality.

So, that answers all of your old & tired msm claims about Trump. Now how about the Article?  How about the obvious wrongdoing within the FBI and DOJ ?   Shouldn't everything be covered in the Mueller investigation?  And if Mueller dosen't do it, who will?  I guess the answer is Michael Horowitz. In a few weeks (after the FBI & DOJ gets to look at it and respond) his long awaited report will be released. Will you still try and respond with liberal talking points?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  sixpick  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.2    6 years ago

I know what you may be talking about.  The Russian people were led to believe they were going to be set free and instead the communists overthrew their new government and the rest is history.  Through deception the people became subjects of the Communist State of the USSR.

A fallacious bunch of memos meant to deceive the voters in this country paid for by the opposition party, supported by the corrupt FBI and who knows who else to turn this country into a Third World Country as Hillary Clinton criticized Donald Trump so captiously for not accepting the results of the 2016 election comes to mind.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.10  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    6 years ago
The FBI investigation of the Trump campaign was a Counter-intelligence investigation. Thus, Comey could not release that information. Why was it a Counter-intelligence investigation? Because they didn't have a criminal predicate to investigate Trump's campaign.

The real shame of it is that Comey did treat the investigation of the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia with the appropriate secrecy but did not do so in regards to Clinton.    Clearly his anti-Clinton bias got the better of him and the country has suffered a grievous injury as a result.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  sixpick  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.7    6 years ago

It's pretty obvious you haven't been keeping up and haven't read any of the so-called Russian ads.  I've read dozens of them and the MSM has been pushing this idea that the Russians wanted Trump to win with these ads and comments.  Almost every one of the ones I've read randomly without knowing what they were before clicking on them have nothing to do with anything except promoting racial division in this country.  They could easily be mistaken to be ads or comments by the MSM.  That's how close they are to being just like the material the MSM puts out every day.

There are reasons to be skeptical of the claim that Russia swung the election for Trump. First, Russian information warriors produced far less fake news and polarizing rhetoric than did domestic and other international sources. Russia simply added to the already deafening cacophony of inflammatory rhetoric and misinformation.

Second, the hacked emails had little obvious impact. The first batch of Democratic National Committee emails was released in July 2016, amid the two party conventions — after which Clinton’s lead increased. Similarly, after WikiLeaks released John Podesta’s emails in October, Clinton’s support increased , apparently in response to such other campaign events as the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape. Trust in Clinton remained more or less the same throughout October — not what we’d expect to see if the emails had made a difference.

Of course, Russia may still have influenced the outcome. As FiveThirtyEight’s Harry Enten notes , “the drip, drip, drip” of these email releases “makes it all but impossible to measure their effect precisely.” And Trump won by such a thin margin that even a small Russian impact could have tipped the election.

But there is far stronger evidence that other factors were more critical. For instance, public opinion shifted suddenly after Oct. 28, when FBI Director James B. Comey announced that he was reopening an investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state. And the closeness of the election mostly resulted from polarization between Democrats and Republicans that long predates Russian President Vladimir Putin or the rise of Trump .

It’s true that Russia has been increasingly trying to meddle in Western elections. But it hasn’t gotten much for its efforts — and these efforts have often backfired. For instance, the U.S. uproar about Russian interference has almost certainly made it less likely that the United States will lift its sanctions. Thus, on balance, Putin’s expansion of Russian interference may not be in Russia’s interests.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.12  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @1.1.11    6 years ago

Great seed Vic! thumbs up

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.12    6 years ago

They needed it! A good dose of reality!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    6 years ago
The FBI investigation of the Trump campaign was a Counter-intelligence investigation. Thus, Comey could not release that information. Why was it a Counter-intelligence investigation? Because they didn't have a criminal predicate to investigate Trump's campaign.

So your posit is that the FBI/Comey couldn't release the information about the existence of a Trump investigation because it wasn't a 'criminal' investigation? Then how do you explain this quote in your seed: 

When asked about the status of the criminal referral, Sarah Isgur Flores, director of the DOJ Public Affairs Office, told Fox News via email, "We don't confirm or deny the existence of investigations."

There is NO differentiation of 'kinds of investigations'. 

The FBI/DOJ "don't confirm or deny the existence of investigations", until they DID.

Why say this at all, since it was widely known to be true? Because in August in response to a judge’s direction, the State Department asked the FBI for information about what it was up to. Sorry, the FBI said at the time, we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any investigation .

Now, in a letter dated February 2 [2016] and filed in court Monday, the FBI’s general counsel, James Baker, notes that in public statements and congressional testimony, the FBI “has acknowledged generally that it is working on matters related to former Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server.”

Here's part of the letter:

"At this time, consistent with long-standing Department of Justice and FBI policy, we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigation, nor are we in a position to provide additional information at this time." 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    6 years ago

Great reply Vic.  Well done!  A standing 👏 is in order for you.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    6 years ago

That they did and I really appreciate you, Norman, six, and other conservatives seeding to the front page more often now.  It makes my day to read you all here.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.17  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    6 years ago

Yes, yes indeed!  Clapping

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.18  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.15    6 years ago
A standing 👏 is in order for you.

Yet 9 hours later he still can't answer simple questions. The practice should be familiar to you. Like minds think alike. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.19  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.15    6 years ago

BTFW, that's 9 hours of no answers in his own seed. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @1.1.19    6 years ago

So what.  As if somehow you would be more civil if only he were here.  I’m happy to stand in for him.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.14    6 years ago

Hillary Clinton called it a "security matter"...So you tell me which is it?

The FBI/DOJ "don't confirm or deny the existence of investigations", until they DID.

That's something you need to take up with Comey, but at least go by his defense when specifically asked about it:

"You sent a letter informing the Senate and House that you were reviewing additional emails that could be relevant," Leahy said. "Both investigations were open, but you still only commented on one."

Comey defended his decision.

"I commented, as I explained earlier, on October 28 in a letter that I sent to the chair and ranking [members] of the oversight committees that we were taking additional steps in the Clinton email investigation because I had testified under oath repeatedly that we were done — that we were finished there," Comey said.

"With respect to the Russia investigation, we treated it like we did with the Clinton investigation. We didn't say a word about it until months into it, and then the only thing we've confirmed so far about this is — the same thing as with the Clinton investigation — that we are investigating.

"And I would expect that we're not going to say another peep about it until we're done. And I don't know what will be said when we're done, but that's how we handled the Clinton investigation as well."

Comey sent a letter to congressional leaders in late October — 11 days before the November election — saying the FBI was reviewing emails tied to Clinton's use of a private server while she was secretary of state that were found as a part of a separate investigation into disgraced New York City politician Anthony Weiner.

The letter, which implied a reopening of the Clinton investigation, reverberated through the Clinton and Trump campaigns.

Comey announced days later that nothing was found in the additional emails.

Then in March, Comey said during a House Intelligence Committee hearing that the FBI was investigating whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russian officials to help swing the election in Trump's favor. He said the investigation launched in late July.

Now I'm going to tell you where you are wrong. James Comey conducted a fake investigation of Hillary Clinton complete with immunity for everyone, laptops, which were government property treated as private property and no Grand Jury. Comey made his decision on Clinton before she was even interviewed. In the end he exonerated Clinton because the AG, whose job it was to make such a decision had openly compromised herself. The IG report is finished and facts of how the Clinton investigation was mishandled have already come out, even before the report is released to the public. So, this idea you have that Comey favored Trump is backwards imo.

Comey kept her candidacy alive!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.18    6 years ago
Yet 9 hours later he still can't answer simple questions.

Well, I'm back and I have your answer, which I'm sure your'e not going to like.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.20    6 years ago
I’m happy to stand in for him.

Thank's my friend. I couldn't have asked for anyone better

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.24  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.21    6 years ago
Hillary Clinton called it a "security matter"...So you tell me which is it?

We aren't talking about what Clinton called it. We're talking about what the FBI SAID about it.

That's something you need to take up with Comey, but at least go by his defense when specifically asked about it:

Comey didn't write the letter to the Judge, try to keep up.

Now I'm going to tell you where you are wrong. James Comey conducted a fake investigation of Hillary Clinton complete with immunity for everyone, laptops, which were government property treated as private property and no Grand Jury. Comey made his decision on Clinton before she was even interviewed. In the end he exonerated Clinton because the AG, whose job it was to make such a decision had openly compromised herself. The IG report is finished and facts of how the Clinton investigation was mishandled have already come out, even before the report is released to the public. So, this idea you have that Comey favored Trump is backwards imo.

Comey kept her candidacy alive!

That's a lot of irrelevant babble. I asked you a simple question and to explain the contradiction between your posit and the quote from your seed. You seem desperate to avoid doing both. Stop deflecting and support your posit, if you can.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.25  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.20    6 years ago
So what.

So the seeder wasn't participating in his own seed. 

As if somehow you would be more civil if only he were here.

Oh I'm quite civil. The issue y'all have is that I AM civil and STILL get the best of it. 

I’m happy to stand in for him. 

I always thought that it was rude to view y'all's arguments as cookie cutter posits. But hey, if you say so...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.26  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.24    6 years ago
I asked you a simple question and to explain the contradiction between your posit and the quote from your seed.

There is a contradiction but not my contradiction. That is on James Comey. The question I was answering was why did he announce the Clinton investigation (during the election) and not the Trump/Russia investigation. I tried using reasons Comey gave. He also told Trump 3 times that Trump himself was not the subject of that investigation. May that be another reason why he didn't mention it? I don't really care. I'm not here to defend Comey. 

Your objective is to disprove all of that to prove that he favored Trump. That is why I mentioned his very unusual investigation & exoneration of Clinton. You see it wasn't " a lot of irrelevant babble". It actually goes to the heart of what we are arguing about - Comey's influence on the election.

Now let me address this:

So the seeder wasn't participating in his own seed. 

No I can't be here much of the day. If I leave the seed unlocked, we have complaints that I wasn't here and it's against the rules, don't ya know!...When I lock it up after a few posts there are complaints that "I hit & run"..  So therefore, I wont seed articles during the week. I won't be babysitting liberals. I re-opened this seed tonight so you could have your last word. You got it!

I'm closing this one down.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2  Studiusbagus    6 years ago

"Meanwhile the former spy Steele is facing a possible criminal investigation by the Department of Justice after two senior Republican senators, Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., sent a criminal referral to the department in January."

Yeah, don't hold your breath waiting for that one. Steele is the one that handed it over to McCain to hand over to the FBI. McCain even stated this and he says he'd do it again. Go ahead and prosecute a dying and honored congressman too. While you're at it let's put Steele on the stand.....how do you think Trump would react? "Fake News/Lies!" Until the evidence starts coming freely....Just like Stormy Daniels and soon to be more...just like Cohen and very much soon to be more..."FAKE NEWS! LIES!" Oh, well, yes I really did pay Cohen....See? (Another "Ooooops! I "forgot" to put it on last year's report" from this regime.)

As soon as that threat is felt this will get sideswiped...quick!

Please! Bring everything to light.  Be funny as fuck to find that the Russians have recordings....How long do you think Melania will sit in the WH?

This is getting more comical by the day....You guys still going to lead Obama out of the WH in cuffs?....oh, ooops. Too late.

Lock Him up!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Studiusbagus @2    6 years ago
Go ahead and prosecute a dying and honored congressman too.

Oh, ya he's untouchable. He's so virtuous he hasn't been able to do his job in the Senate, hasn't been there since Dec 6, yet he refuses to retire. He's a real piece of work, he is.

While you're at it let's put Steele on the stand.....how do you think Trump would react? 

I think Trump would be delighted, but Steele won't do it. Right now Steele is more concerned with the British Government. They have some great questions for him.

Please! Bring everything to light.

Agreed - EVERYTHING

How long do you think Melania will sit in the WH?

At least the remainder of Trump's first term. Shall we bet?

This is getting more comical by the day..

Andy McCabe isn't laughing

You guys still going to lead Obama out of the WH in cuffs?

It's remotely possible. I'd like to be the one to do it.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 years ago
You guys still going to lead Obama out of the WH in cuffs?

Unlike Trump, ZERO Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted for malfeasance...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    6 years ago
Unlike Trump, ZERO Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted for malfeasance...

arack Obama's presidential campaign has been fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violating federal disclosure laws, Politico reports.
An FEC audit of Obama for America's 2008 records found the committee failed to disclose millions of dollars in contributions and dragged its feet in refunding millions more in excess contributions.
The resulting fine, one of the largest ever handed down by the FEC, is the result of a failure to disclose or improperly disclosing thousands of contributions to Obama for America during the then-senator's 2008 presidential run, documents show.

Fast and Furious. The IRS scandal. The $2 billion spent building Healthcare.gov. The Veterans Administration letting veterans die waiting for care. The Office of Personnel Management hacking. Lying about Bowe Berghdahl. “Companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter, more prosperous future.”
Jonathan Gruber’s declaration that Obamacare depended upon the “stupidity of American voter.”
The NSA and Edward Snowden.
The stimulus “was riddled with a massive labor scheme that harmed workers and cheated unsuspecting American taxpayers.”

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    6 years ago
ZERO Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted for malfeasance...

None have been indicted for anything. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Dulay  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.2    6 years ago

That's a lot of babble to make 0 points. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.2    6 years ago
nlike Trump, ZERO Obama campaign or administration officials have ever been indicted for malfeasance...

That's what Obama keeps saying. 

During the IRS scandal his DOJ did the investigating.  
During the Fast & Furious scandal his DOJ did the investigating - Holder held in contempt of congress
During the Clinton e-mail scandal his DOJ did the investigating.

How else were those scandals going to end with Obama's "wingman" or his puppet in charge?

I Know one thing. The IG has a report already finished on that Clinton e-mail investigation and many on NT aren't going to like it one bit.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2  sixpick  replied to  Studiusbagus @2    6 years ago

Is that like running your donations to the Clinton Foundation through a Canadian company to hide the paper trail from the United States Government?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  sixpick @2.2    6 years ago
Clinton Foundation through a Canadian company to hide the paper trail from the United States Government?

Valid point, if there was even a SHRED of truth to it, which of course, there isn't. You should stay off of the right wing fake news sites. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.1    6 years ago

Fortunately neither you or anyone else on this site gets to determine what is or isn’t a fake news site or if any written opinion article on a said site is truth or lie.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

We can all reach our own personal opinion on such matters but we can’t take that and impose it upon anyone else or everyone else who might disagree with said conclusion.  Just because you or anyone else believe something to be a lie doesn’t make it so.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.2    6 years ago

There you go again, spewing BS. As a MEMBER moderated site, as members, we ALL 'get to determine what is or isn’t a fake news site or if any written opinion article on a said site is truth or lie.' The only difference is that MOST of the member here would be ashamed of posting a LIE. Of course there are a select few that have no shame and who post crap ad nauseam and those who defend those that do. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.7  Dulay  replied to    6 years ago

So does that mean that 'truth' is just an individual perception? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.6    6 years ago

Just because I or you think something to be a lie on the part of a given seed author doesn’t make it so.  In fact that you think something a lie is a sure indicator to me it’s the honest to God truth.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.6    6 years ago

I’m sorry but not ever will you as a liberal determine for me a conservative what a fake news site is and expect me to abide by it.  You or any other liberal member calling a conservative site fake news is a sure fire way to get me to double or triple down on seeding from it because you did so.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.7    6 years ago

When it comes to political opinion articles, yes.  To call an opinion article writer from any given news or opinion site a liar and accuse him or her of willfully or deliberately lying in their article is only worthy of a lawsuit for slander and personal defamation.  Though most writers are public persons and they would have a harder time proving willful malice on the part of the one who called their writing a lie than a private citizen would. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.9    6 years ago
You or any other liberal member calling a conservative site fake news is a sure fire way to get me to double or triple down on seeding from it because you did so.

That's generally what a five year old would do. 

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3  nightwalker    6 years ago

Wow.

But it is written (well, spoken, trump don't rite no good) that if you cross, inconvenience, or especially harm trump in any way or hurt his feelings, the GOP will get you, always starting with a investigation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  nightwalker @3    6 years ago

We Just finished one

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Back at 1 PM EST

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    6 years ago

Assuming this story is accurate on face value. 

The bottom line is that more proof is revealed that conservatism, under the guise of Trumpism, is endeavoring to weaken Western Intelligence Agencies and Western Democracies while blatantly furthering the interests and security of Putin and his democratic oligarchy.