╌>

Two More from the Shore

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  26 comments

Two More from the Shore

Heading in the opposite direction from the Jersey Shore in a few minutes … to the Pocono Mountains in NE Pennsylvania … but first, two more pix from the seashore.

mistytwilightoceansurfagurmankin.jpg

1) Twilight Approaches the Beach, Margate, NJ.

© A. Mac/A.G. 

snowyegretagurmankin1.jpg

2) Snowy Egret

© A. Mac/A.G.

blackswallowtailbutterflyagurmankin.jpg

3) Black Swallowtail Butterfly on Tickseed Flower

© A. Mac/A.G.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Will be fishin' and photographin' 'til the sun goes down … in the meantime, feel free to comment and tonight, I will respond to all.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

The egret is very good. The feet in the water, the cant of the head... very good!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

Great photos Mac, especially like the egret.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Back from fishin' … it's cold for June but the fishing was pretty good … mountain laurel starting to bloom … 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Third photo posted … and calling it "a day".

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur @5    6 years ago

Love the butterfly photo.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Butterflies are cheating! They're necessarily good! Winking 2

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

All display excellent photography.  

I've not seen the seashore for more than 12 years. I doubt that, other than in photos, I will ever see the seashore again. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    6 years ago

Evening Buzz..Where are you if you have not seen the sea for 12 years???..I live by the sea, no way could I live inland..the Whales are coming thru at the moment and Migaloo the white hump back should be cruising up the East Coast of Australia soon...We wait every year for his appearance..the Japanese Whalers are always chasing him but so far he has managed to elude them...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @7.1    6 years ago

Did you see the article I posted recently on the whale eating plastic garbage, in which I also had something nasty to say about the Japanese whalers and their slaughtering of hundreds of whales a year for "scientific" purposes.

When I moved to China almost 12 years ago, I settled in Zhengzhou, which is inland in north-central China, and then after about 9 years moved to Chengdu for a year and now live in Chongqing (both cities are inland in south central China, nowhere near the sea). I have travelled to many places in China , but have never been to the coast of China. Before China, I did travel a lot and have been all over the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean Sea. I was always comfortable near water, but now all I've got is that I'm a 20 minute walk to a large reservoir (and even closer to some large ponds on university campuses). A photo of the reservoir on a misty day:

Pan 3.jpg

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1.2  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.1    6 years ago

Evening..Looks a very nice place...But definitely to "inland" for me I am afraid....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @7.1.2    6 years ago

If I could choose, and unfortunately I can't, I would choose to be next to the ocean.  I grew up and spent most of my life next to Lake Ontario, which is not an ocean, but it's a pretty big lake.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Twilight Approaches the Beach, Margate, NJ."

Picture brings back memories.

Reminds me of the North Beach barrier in Chatham Mass. on a foggy day.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

I was in Chatham in 1990 and may have some pictures in my database ... be happy to post them if you’d like.

Right now I am in the Poconos and it’s a beautiful morning for trout and smallmouth bass ... and picture taking ... hoping for black bears and cubs.

evilone
Professor Guide
10  evilone    6 years ago

Nice shots! 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
11  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Hey Mac, my brother Frank posted this on FB and, I thought you'd get a kick out of it,

Snow Mobile.jpg For Sale: 1999 Jeep Wrangler Nor’easter edition. Two owner vehicle, previous owner was an older snowman who regularly maintained it and kept it iglooed year round. It is a very cool (literally) Jeep with low miles, primarily used as a winter vehicle, new snow tires, ice cold a/c, engine has new freeze plugs, and it’s very popular with snow angels. It does have some issues which includes no heat, door locks freeze (not uncommon on this model), doesn’t operate well in warm weather, alignment is off and the interior is mint except the backseat melted last spring. This one of a kind deal won’t last much longer (have you seen the temps this weekend?)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @11    6 years ago

Thanks for my first laugh of the morning.  Hey, I lived most of my life where the winter lasts from mid-November to mid-April.  Now I'm happy to be living where it never snows and palm trees abound.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
11.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1    6 years ago

LOL, I knew someone would get a kick out it. Happy

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @11    6 years ago

Cleverly done!!!

charger 383
Professor Silent
11.3  charger 383  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @11    6 years ago

cool

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
11.3.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  charger 383 @11.3    6 years ago

lOL

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

LOL Lazy a-holes IF ya really want to sell something clean off more than the just the damn licence plate and the inspection sticker. Hell they dont even say what color the damn thing is or the price.

Plus that's one horrible picture. 

some people...

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
12.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @12    6 years ago

laughing dude laughing dude

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
13  Spikegary    6 years ago

Very nice photos!  I do like the egret.  I'm stuck in Warner Robins, Georgia this week and have not seen anything here I'm interested in taking pictures of....but next week is Halifax!!!!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary @13    6 years ago

Although I've never been there (nor anywhere in the Maritime Provinces) I'm sure there will be a lot of seaside and other quaint aspects for good photos there.

My Atlantic Ocean experiences have been in Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket and Florida in the USA, and elsewhere, in Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica and Barbados (besides the other side of the Atlantic).