╌>

Trump Mocks Elizabeth Warren and Me Too Movement

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  64 comments

Trump Mocks Elizabeth Warren and Me Too Movement

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

People Are Extremely Uncivil After Trump Revives ‘Pocahontas’ Insult, Then Mocks #MeToo

Ross A. Lincoln and Phil Hornshaw, The Wrap   13 hours ago  

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

The only ones impressed by this bullying piece of shit are his supporters.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

Deleted

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to    6 years ago

I called her Fake-A-Hontas, and it gets deleted?? What rule did I break? Is that any worse than people calling Trump all kinds of bad names. I think they want to get rid of me for telling the truth! Face Palm

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    6 years ago

I called her Fake-A-Hontas, and it gets deleted??

I think they want to get rid of me for telling the truth! 

So you think her name is, "Fake-A-Hontas"?

What was that you were saying about telling the truth? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    6 years ago

What truth?  Fake persecution complex much?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

What gets me is his supporters cheer for him when he says nasty things, whoop and holler and whip themselves into a frenzy. Then when someone says something about trump or his supporters, they go into a melt down and accuse them of being full of hate.

Twisted logic in some.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @2.2    6 years ago

Yeah.....that seems to happen a lot here. Like most weak kneed Bullies, they love to dish it out, but, they can't take it when it comes back to sit on their own heads. Talk about a melt down!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Way to go Mr. President!  Right on thumbs up and well said.  ( Deleted )

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    6 years ago

Really!!! way to go Mr. President...Insulting American Indians by using the term Pocahontas and later following up with telling her to name her dog, ''Sniffing Bull''...What a fucking asshole he is...And you claiming to be some great supporter of minorities applauding it. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3.1    6 years ago

Some people have no shame

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    6 years ago
Some people have no shame

And are total phonies and hypocrites.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3.1    6 years ago
What a fucking asshole he is...And you claiming to be some great supporter of minorities applauding it. 

Indeed. But, those who speak out of both sides of their mouth is one of the things they do best

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3.1.2    6 years ago
And are total phonies and hypocrites.

Thumbs Up 2

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @3.1    6 years ago

He apologized to Pocahontas for Warrens cultural appropriation, as he should have.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.5    6 years ago

WTH are you talking. He insulted ALL American Indians with his slurs and you support it. So much for the BS that you support minorities.

You have no idea of the true story of Pocahontas, you believe that Disneyland BS...Typical. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.7  dave-2693993  replied to  Kavika @3.1    6 years ago
Insulting American Indians by using the term Pocahontas and later following up with telling her to name her dog, ''Sniffing Bull''...What a fucking asshole he is.

As far as Warren is concerned, that is in the hands of the Tribal Elders and I will hold judgement on her until they make their decisions.

As far as politics? Screw our politics, "we" have lost our way.

As far as Trump, of course I want him to do right by our Nation. As far as Sr and Jr in attempts to drive opinion, sometimes they just do not know how to shut up. This is one pf those times, where their hearts are laid bare and what we see is not good.

From a human perspective, there is no mistaking what they just laid on the table and it is not good.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Kavika   replied to  NORMAN-D @3.1.9    6 years ago

There are over 10,000 living dependents of Pocahontas and one isn't offended...LMAO

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.5    6 years ago
He apologized to Pocahontas

There you go again insulting native Americans. Warren didn't call herself Pocahontas, the bigoted right are the ones to turn a native American name into an insult. All Warren ever did was believe what she had been told, and the fact is it's never been proven she doesn't have native American history. And there is zero evidence she used the claim of native American heritage to gain any advantage. And the fact is, a genealogist traced Warren's Native American heritage to the late 19th century, which, if true, would make her 1/32 Native American.

My grandmother recently passed away and I was going through some old photo albums of the family and found a whole section on my great great great (3rd great) grandmother who was full Cherokee. I had heard when I was a kid that we had some Cherokee in our ancestry but thought later in life, like many people, that it was just a popular tale told by many white Americans but not necessarily true. But it turned out the stories weren't just myth, I am part Cherokee, though not near enough to call myself native American. My Grandmother was 1/8th Cherokee, my father was 1/16th Cherokee and I'm 1/32th just like Elizabeth Warren likely is.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Kavika   replied to    6 years ago
He insulted Warren for her willful misappropriation. You continue to take the remark out of context to support phony indignation.

Not taking out of context at all. Your inability to understand the use of it and the background is what your taking it out of context. 

I suppose that the comment of Warren naming her dog ''Sniffing Bull'' isn't an insult either. What does that have to do with her so called ''willful misappropriation''...

It's always interesting to have a non native tell natives what is insulting to them and what isn't...Typical arrogance but not unexpected. 

But, if it makes you happy, then celebrate your boat floating. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

Out of context?

laughing dude

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
3.1.15  Fireryone  replied to  Kavika @3.1    6 years ago
What a fucking asshole he is...And you claiming to be some great supporter of minorities applauding it.

Yep. I think some just don't get how incredibly disrespectful Trump is to minority groups. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    6 years ago
He insulted Warren for her willful misappropriation.

There's actually no evidence that she's not 1/32th native American as a genealogist has found. So what "misappropriation" was there? She didn't directly benefit for listing herself when she was a teacher as native American, so where is the big scandal? Just more made up nonsense by the right who don't want to address her warranted condemnation of the Republican party and their flawed fiscal policies.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3.1.13    6 years ago
But, if it makes you happy, then celebrate your boat floating.

I think that if he were to say that face to face with a real Lakota Sioux he would not be doing much 'sniffing' for some time with a broken nose, if that is all he wound up with. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    6 years ago
America agrees with you.

You do not speak for me. I'm an American citizen. I DO NOT agree with Trump OR you. Even though you like to think it is your right, it is NOT your right to speak for all Americans about ANYTHING.

And your speaking for all Americans is a rather sweeping generalization. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2    6 years ago

Deleted

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.1    6 years ago
I didn’t say all Americans now did I?

Yes you did. By saying "America agrees with you" you are insinuating that all Americans agree. Put your snark away and try to sound intelligent. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2    6 years ago

HA doesn't speak for me, either.  I think Trump said a shitty thing, and I think it's shitty to support shitty things.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.2.3    6 years ago

And shitty people who say such shitty things.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    6 years ago

So you speak for America?  You don't speak for me or anyone else.   Again the only ones who support this bullying asshole are his supporters 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4  bugsy    6 years ago

deleted

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  bugsy @4    6 years ago

removed for context

Actually, if anyone here did belong, it would be NONE of YOUR business. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @4    6 years ago

SP, How in the hell was this a "sweeping generalization". I clearly asked a question, not lump a large group of people. Seems like definitions change according to the mods wants around here...

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.1  lennylynx  replied to  bugsy @4.2    6 years ago

It doesn't say it's a 'sweeping,' it just says 'deleted.'

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @4.2    6 years ago
SP, How in the hell was this a "sweeping generalization".

That's not what it says...

Skirting the CoC [Split Personality]    violation.png?skin=ntNewsTalkers3

Right side of the screen.. --------------------------->

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

Donald Trump says multiple horrible things every single day.  So many that it is impossible to even keep track of them.  It is hysterical that Elizabeth Warren has been highly visible in politics for half of her life, but the only thing that her detractors can attack her on is this one stupid issue.  Donald Trump can't even attack her on this one single issue without insulting the very people that he is pretending to defend.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The problem is that Trump doesn't get the joke right. It's Fauxcahontas, not Pocahontas.

She's a fraud and that's what should be emphasized. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.1  PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    6 years ago
It's Fauxcahontas

No, it's fauxpascahontas.  Your French sucks.  lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    6 years ago

Donald Rump is the fraud here and that's what should be emphasized

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    6 years ago

Another Warren basher who won’t provide an explanation?  Are you BF’s protege now?

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     6 years ago
He insulted ALL American Indians with his slurs and you support it.

Ya got a poll that confirms that SWEEPING GENERALIZATON?

I thought that polls were phony? You mean there not...Better start telling the righties on NT that claim that polls are fake. 

What I said was, Trump calling Warren Pocahontas, is an insult to all American Indians, because the true story of her is noting like the Disneyland version. Perhaps you should take the time to look it up and increase your knowledge on that subject.  I did not say anything about Warren and her claims of being American Indian. And it seems that Rebecca went after Warren and her claim of being NA. Not the phony story of Pocahontas.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8  Dismayed Patriot    6 years ago

Trump thinks he's on the Blue Collar Comedy tour with Larry the Cable Guy. The thing is, when Larry the Cable guy says something stupid or insensitive, it's expected, he's preaching to his Hee-Haw crowd. When Trump says something stupid and insensitive, he's also preaching to the Hee-Haw crowd but he's supposed to be the President of the whole United States and is supposed to represent all of us. The fact is, he doesn't even represent a majority of America, just the lowest common denominator third who have rejected reason, logic and sense and cling to ignorant protectionist bigotry and the demonization of anyone that doesn't look or worship like they do. That is Trump's base and they're the only ones laughing when he makes fun of the disabled, native Americans or women standing up for themselves against sexual assault and abusers like Trump.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    6 years ago

Trump once again slams Americans, then turns around and praises Putin.....and once again, his supporters cheer his disgusting behavior. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @9    6 years ago
Trump once again slams Americans, then turns around and praises Putin.....and once again, his supporters cheer his disgusting behavior.

"New research shows why people might feel good about characters who do bad things."

“Villains aren’t just immoral. They’re good at being bad,”

“What’s happening here is that we’re not making isolated judgments about these characters using some objective standard of morality,” says Grizzard. “We’re constantly making comparisons about these characters and the forces they face.”

With Walter White, for example, the audience sees the evolution of a character whose ethics progressively spiral downward from season to season, and yet audiences remained loyal to him. That loyalty surprised Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan.

Gilligan said in an interview that at some point he thought the audience would turn against the character . But Grizzard points out that the show’s antagonists concurrently get worse along with White.

“We see a trend where White is not decreasing by himself. There’s likely to be a constant comparison with other characters ,” says Grizzard. “So White is probably benefiting from the comparisons the audience is making.”

Grizzard says it’s a polarization effect . The hero seems better when compared to the villain, while the villain seems worse when viewed in light of the hero."

I think we're watching in real time once moral people rooting for the antithesis of everything they stood for because they did a comparison between Trump and the straw man Hillary that was created by Republicans and the Russians during the campaign, one of Hillary running satanic child sex rings, assassinating staffers, and selling uranium to the Russians, none of which were true, but allowed the supposed "moral" Christian right to cheer for the lesser of two evils, Trump. Sadly, Trump is as bad as we thought while Hillary was just stupid and wasn't able to combat the tsunami of false press and media.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    6 years ago

I wouldn't call Hillary stupid.  The attacks on her must have been overwhelming and so many believe the lies to this day.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    6 years ago
I wouldn't call Hillary stupid.

While I don't think she's actually stupid, she did make some behemoth blunders and wasn't really the best Democrats could have picked. She was betting on the belief that she should be the first woman President and factually she was fairly qualified, but had way too much baggage to attempt such a feat. She should have counted on the Republicans using the dirty tactics they always use to try and win, though I'm sure she didn't see it coming from an enemy foreign government siding and coordinating with an American political party to secure the white house. That was a new low.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    6 years ago
That loyalty surprised Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan.

I read that as well, and for the record, probably one of the best shows ever on telly. 

He also said that he had to have at least some level of humor in the show or people would simply not watch it because it would be far too dark. But I digress. Most trump supporters, in my opinion have become so disillusioned with the establishment of BOTH parties, they decided to take a chance on trump. Now that he is in office, ego prevents a LOT of people admitting that voting for him was a mistake. I have several friends that voted for trump, none of them admits now that it was a good choice. No one wants to admit that they are wrong, I think that has a lot to do with why he still has (some) support. 

I used to watch The Apprentice... Not a bad show actually. And when trump said he was running for president, I thought, "Hmmm, I liked the show, and he is successful, maybe I could vote for him..." 

A week later, after doing some research and listening to the constant flow of shit coming out of his mouth, I decided no way in hell I could vote for him. No one I know of says Hillary was the perfect candidate, but she would have been a MILLION times better than this POS we are now stuck with. 

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.3    6 years ago

I watched the show a couple of times. Even then he would say one thing and do another. Could never be trusted.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @9.1.4    6 years ago

The moral of the story, or...show, as I took it, is that eventually, drugs will destroy you, and your family. Of course, that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. So yes, you can never trust a drug dealer. 

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.5    6 years ago

Oh, sorry, I meant the apprentice.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10  lennylynx    6 years ago

I can't understand why any woman would even think about voting for any Republican, let alone Trump.  But then, I can't understand why any people who call themselves Christians would support them either.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
12  lennylynx    6 years ago

What about the groping allegations?  Do you think they are lying, even when we have Trump on tape admitting that he attacks women in exactly the same way his accusers say he attacked them?  If you don't think they are lying, how can you not be strongly against a man like this holding the power of the presidency?  I'm just trying to understand.  I can't grasp how anyone can be neutral about Trump given all the extreme and unprecedented (for a president) things he's said and done.