╌>

Woman Beats a 91-year old Mexican man with a brick, tells him to 'go back to your country'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  223 comments

Woman Beats a 91-year old Mexican man with a brick, tells him to 'go back to your country'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

Woman beats a 91-year-old Mexican man with a brick, tells him to ‘go back to your country’

Washington Post   22 hours ago  

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

The poor man is actually 92.  

'Minutes later, however, the attack continued, Borjas said. A group of young men bounded down the street, accusing Rodriguez of trying to snatch the young girl. They kicked Rodriguez, who was already crumpled on the ground, and stomped on his head.

“ ‘Why? Why are you hitting me,’ ” Borjas recalled Rodriguez crying in Spanish. “ ‘Please get away.’ ”

Gee, I wonder who these scumbags support?

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

I don't know why who they support is so important to you. A scumbag is a scumbag after all.

He is a another article with some information.

from the article.

He was the victim of an unprovoked attack beaten in the face by a woman with a brick and several other assailants who jumped in all while telling him to go back to Mexico.

Grandson erik Mendoza says rodriguez was walking down this sidewalk near 118th and central on 4th of July when he accidentally bumped into the womans child while trying to pass.

Mendoza translated for us as Rodriguez explained what happened next...

'And when he turned his back they just tossed him on the floor and she started hitting him, and then she grabbed a brick and started hitting him with the brick, and then out of nowhere he saw 3-4 other guys just come rushing and just start stomping on him.'

They tell FOX 11 the other assailants who jumped in are three black men between the ages of 20-30.

The following picture is from the witness who intervened and snapped a photo of the woman who beat him with the brick.

manbrick11_1530994681628_5767899_ver1_0_640_360.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1    6 years ago

Well when their 'president' has called mexicans and latinas rapists and criminals and drug dealers - there you go!

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.3  JaneDoe  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.1.1    6 years ago

No need to jump down my throat. I just added a little information to the seeded article.

I do believe that Fox 11 is a local news agency out of LA.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1.3    6 years ago

He's only jumping down your throat because your link backed up a seed he's trying to get shut down.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.7  JaneDoe  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    6 years ago
Well when their 'president' has called mexicans and latinas rapists and criminals and drug dealers - there you go!

If you say so it must be true. lmao

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1    6 years ago
A scumbag is a scumbag after all.

And the Scumbag-in-Chief is fueling this kind of shit all over the country. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.9  JaneDoe  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.8    6 years ago
And the Scumbag-in-Chief is fueling this kind of shit all over the country.

Blah, blah, blah Trump bad. I get it.

In case you didn't notice, there are quite a few people on this very site that fuel this kind of shit everyday. I understand that some are so blinded by hate for the opposite political party that they fail to see that it isn't just one side doing it.

But you go ahead and blame away all personal responsibilities. Maybe go kick a puppy today and say Trump made you do it.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.10  Skrekk  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1.9    6 years ago
Maybe go kick a puppy today and say Trump made you do it.

But it does sound like we just found one of the very rare black Trump supporters.    It wasn't that long ago that all Trump supporters were white and they used steel pipes to beat immigrants half to death.    "Black" and "brick" are growing signs of diversity in the Trump movement.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.11  JaneDoe  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.10    6 years ago
But it does sound like we just found one of the very rare black Trump supporters.

Well, if that was some sort of goal you had set for yourself, I am happy that you were able to achieve it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.10    6 years ago

Are you sure it wasn't auntie Maxine Waters?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.13  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.10    6 years ago
"Black" and "brick" are growing signs of diversity in the Trump movement.

What does a 2015 case have to do this present one? Trump wasn't even president.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.14  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.13    6 years ago

As Trump said his supporters are "very passionate", no matter whom they're assaulting.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1.7    6 years ago

It is true dear.  Your dear leader said it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.1.1    6 years ago

crying

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.10    6 years ago

'As Trump said his supporters are "very passionate", no matter whom they're assaulting.'

'Told about the attack, Trump said: “It would be a shame. … I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate.”

And not a word how wrong it was for these thugs to do what they did.  

Why does he start out with 'it would be a shame' - and then say ' I will say. . . '

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  sixpick  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.13    6 years ago
"Black" and "brick" are growing signs of diversity in the Trump movement.

Just goes to show how far from reality they have gone. LOL 

Best comment on the entire article. 

This is a 2015 article.  Pretty soon they will be blaming Trump for slavery in this country.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.19  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.13    6 years ago

This occurred on this 4th of July, not in 2014.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Well, the race of the attackers is not mentioned, so we have to assume that....thinking .

But I would have to make an assumption, and I won't. But according to the picture above....hmmm

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

It was reported. Just not in the seeded link.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JaneDoe @1.2.1    6 years ago

That's not unusual.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

It was reported a black woman with a child started the incident and beat him with a brick and told him to go back to his country - he was born here.

Maybe that ignorant bitch should go back to which ever gutter she crawled out from.  

I don't know what race the young people were who joined in the attack are - they need to go back to the gutter they crawled out from also.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.4    6 years ago

How so?

Why are you so upset that the story didn't report the races of those involved, and how does the fact that that information wasn't included in the article a CoC violation?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

There is a video on line showing a black woman with a child still holding the brick.  There were also four asshats involved that spewed racial slurs at the man.  Her excuse that he bumped her child when trying to get around her on his walk.  I wonder how this pos would like if someone beat her with a brick and told her to go back to Africa.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.4    6 years ago

More nonsense. The seeder is not responsible for what the article doesn't say. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
1.2.8  dave-2693993  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    6 years ago
he was born here.

This isn't meant as a slam or any other antagonistic statement, But, isn't he really an American of Mexican descent then?

Much like me, I am an American of predominately Russian and then Cherokee descent, with some some other Northern European genes mixed in. Of course, that means Neanderthal too. But really, I am an American, just like this guy by way of birth.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.9  JaneDoe  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.4    6 years ago

I could care less if it gets flushed.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  mocowgirl  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    6 years ago
he was born here.

Not according to the following.  However, regardless of where the man was born, violence against anyone should not be tolerated.  

Rodriguez, who was born in Mexico and is a permanent resident of the United States told reporters that the woman enlisted a group of men to join the attack. She allegedly told them Rodriguez was trying to snatch her daughter from her.

“But that’s not true,” Rodriguez  told CNN in Spanish  this week. “In the years I have been alive, I have never offended anyone.”  

“We are concerned, especially with the type of crime they committed,” Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputy D’Angelo Robinson told KTLA-TV  of the suspects. 

“There was what appears to be a 4-year-old child there who witnessed the entire thing,” Robinson added. “We can’t have these kinds of people like that out in the streets.”

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.11  GaJenn78  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    6 years ago

(Deleted)

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.12  mocowgirl  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.10    6 years ago

and another source says he was just visiting.....

He had traveled from Michoacan, Mexico, to visit his family in Willowbrook, California, a city in Los Angeles County, his grandson Erik Mendoza said.

He makes the trip about twice a year, and takes a walk through the neighborhood every day after lunch, Mendoza said. “Everyone in the neighborhood knows him already,” he said.

Rodriguez said he was walking to a nearby park on Wednesday when he passed a woman and a little girl. Without warning, the woman assaulted him, he said, hitting him with a concrete block and enlisting a group of men to join in beating him.

“I didn’t even bump into her kid,” Rodriguez said. “I just passed her and she pushed me and she hit me until she was done.”

Police are looking for “a female suspect and three to four male suspects” in the assault, the LA County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement Monday night.

Misbel Borjas was driving by when she saw the woman hitting Rodriguez repeatedly in the head with a concrete block, she said.

“I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico,” she told CNN by phone. “When I tried to videotape her with my cell phone, she threw that same concrete block, tried to hit my car.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.10    6 years ago

Well my mistake Mocowgirl - thank you for the correction.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.16  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.13    6 years ago
'Hi Jenn.... remember our conversation the other day? : )'

Deleted

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.15    6 years ago

I notice you still can't tell how this is a CoC violation in any way, but you seem to think that their races not being reported is a CoC violation.  Anybody reading the conversation can see the comment to which you were responding.

Just admit you're flagging for no reason.  It's not like we all can't see it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @1.2.9    6 years ago
'I could care less if it gets flushed.'

Then you don't need to participate do you dear?  You're welcome to leave at any time.  

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.19  GaJenn78  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.13    6 years ago

Yes, ma'am, but if she was or is, she would be 'token'

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.20  GaJenn78  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.16    6 years ago

Deleted

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.21  JaneDoe  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.18    6 years ago
Then you don't need to participate do you dear?

Come on now. You went and hurt my feelings. HAHAHA

If a didn't get to visit your seeds how else would I get my fill of half the information available on a subject and derogatory comments for the day?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.22  Sunshine  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.20    6 years ago

Removed for context

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.23  mocowgirl  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.14    6 years ago
thank you for the correction.

I suspected that he wasn't born in the US since he was giving his interviews in Spanish.

Most children, who are born in the US to immigrant parents, learn to speak English

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.24  GaJenn78  replied to  Sunshine @1.2.22    6 years ago

I have noticed..... They never comment on anything else besides bashing articles..... It's really sad to live your day like that.....

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.25  JaneDoe  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.20    6 years ago

Don't worry. Soon all the comments from the "dark side" will be marked off topic and removed or the whole seed will disappear. If it doesn't pan out in a certain way, it just goes away. Wink

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.26  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.20    6 years ago

If I'm so vile and hateful - why are you participating on my seed?  You're welcome to leave at any time.  

I will address you on my seed - or you can leave  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.20    6 years ago
Removed for context

I told somebody to stuff a donut in their pie hole and got a ticket

Junior Participates
1.2.28  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.11    6 years ago
As you so eloquently express about any black person who doesn't "tow the line" , "stay in their lane", or "stay on the plantation".....GD any of them for having a mind of their own, right?

(Deleted) 

Junior Participates
1.2.31  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.30    6 years ago

Kathleen, do you like treacle?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.35  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @1.2.21    6 years ago

Thanks for nothing dear.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.36  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.29    6 years ago

deleted

Junior Participates
1.2.37  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.32    6 years ago
During the Obama administration you wanted changes, not that they are in place with Trump, you are bitching about that.Frankly, it's not the Conservative party that should be ashamed.

What's that go to do with treacle?

Junior Participates
1.2.38  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.33    6 years ago
Yes, I like molasses.

Indeed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.39  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.32    6 years ago

(Deleted)

Junior Participates
1.2.41  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  GaJenn78 @1.2.11    6 years ago
AND you assume they are Trump supporters?

President* Scumbag loves to crow "the blacks love me?"  Are you saying that's just his usual bullshit? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.42  Dulay  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.4    6 years ago
WHICH...in and of itself....violates the coveted CoC. Hence, it needs to be flushed.

Your policing of the quality and veracity of seeds on this site should start with the quality and veracity of your own seeds. 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.43  GaJenn78  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.41    6 years ago

I NEVER said anything of the sort.... please don't put words in my mouth, or "fingers"

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.44  GaJenn78  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.30    6 years ago

Removed for context

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.45  GaJenn78  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.27    6 years ago

I got a ticket for this one.... LOL

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
1.2.46  GaJenn78  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.28    6 years ago

(Deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.49  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JaneDoe @1.2.21    6 years ago

This is actually the first seed of mine where I  have seen you commenting so I don't know where you're coming from regarding  'half of the information available provided and derogatory comments made by myself' when it is you and most of the Rump supporting posters who provide outright misinformation and lies and the most derogatory and nasty and vile comments to be found here.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.51  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.50    6 years ago
'I got a ticket too, what's up with that?'

For your insults dear.  For getting derogatory and personal.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.52  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.50    6 years ago

Mine was for a CoC violation. Yours was for being off-topic. Yours doesn't count towards an appearance in court...mine does. :)

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.2.53  JaneDoe  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.49    6 years ago
'half of the information available provided and derogatory comments made by myself' when it is you and most of the Rump supporting posters who provide outright misinformation and lies and the most derogatory and nasty and vile comments to be found here.

That's some funny shit right there. Please feel free to list any derogatory, nasty or vile comments that I have made. While you at it list all my misinformation too. You know, just to make sure your not just making shit up about me like you seem to be doing in your comment. I will do the same and we can compare notes. 

Good luck!!

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.54  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.52    6 years ago

I'll represent you.  I'm starting an "objection" process to violations.  My strategy is to bombard them with pointless points to their points and wrapping it up with counterpoints.  devil

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.56  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @1.2.54    6 years ago

Do you work pro bono?

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.57  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.56    6 years ago
Do you work pro bono?

Absolutely, the reward is in the act of aggravating the judges.  Of course I do have some standards so I will not represent just any ole body.  Thumbs Up 2  Plus, I understand Mr. Trump has offered to pay legal fees to his followers who commit unseemly acts against society and civilization.  ( cheeky grin )  See how easily I was able to throw in that dig.  I'm a born lawyer!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.66  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  PJ @1.2.57    6 years ago

I have put this at the bottom of the thread. It is NOT directed to PJ. Actually, she was the only one on topic.

I have removed all meta/ off topic comments. Please stick to the topic of the discussion and not each other. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.67  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.50    6 years ago

Why do you keep whining and complaining about it dear.  I can mark off topic and it is still up to the moderators, not me so shut up about it already!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.68  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @1.2.55    6 years ago

crying

epistte
Junior Guide
1.4  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago
'Minutes later, however, the attack continued, Borjas said. A group of young men bounded down the street, accusing Rodriguez of trying to snatch the young girl. They kicked Rodriguez, who was already crumpled on the ground, and stomped on his head.

Is this how they Make Ameica Great Again? 

I hope that they are charged with a hate crime for this behavior because they targeted him for his race/ethnicity.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.4    6 years ago
Is this how they Make Ameica Great Again? 

And you know they are Trump supporters how?

I hope that they are charged with a hate crime for this behavior because they targeted him for his race/ethnicity.

You don't know that either but regardless, it appears they assaulted him so if they did, they should be prosecuted as the law allows.   Agreed.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.4.2  epistte  replied to  Sparty On @1.4.1    6 years ago
And you know they are Trump supporters how?

This is a hint,

“I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico,”

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.4.2    6 years ago

Lol, i know that is how your mind works but that comment means absolutely nothing.

You don't have the slightest clue who they did or didn't support from it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Lol yeah, i'm sure she's a Trump supporter .......

The following picture is from the witness who intervened and snapped a photo of the woman who beat him with the brick.

manbrick11_1530994681628_5767899_ver1_0_640_360.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.5    6 years ago

Black women don't support trump? What about those 2 women who had their Face Book page removed? Candace Owen? Omarosa?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.5.1    6 years ago

Yeah, she could be the 6% but would you bet on it? 

I wouldn't.   Its a fools bet.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.5.1    6 years ago

Oh you mean diamond and silk?  laughing dude I like to refer to those phony bitches as zircon and polyester 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.5.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.5.3    6 years ago

zircon and polyester...good one! :)

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Why make this political when there's no evidence to prove it? A scumbag is a scumbag, Tessy. 

An elderly man was horrifically brutalized by thugs only because he accidentally bumped into a little girl. Period.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Time to lock this for the night.  Late dinner, then unwind and sleep.  Good night.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Funny, I never mentioned 'president' Rump and a lot of you leapt to that conclusion.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.8    6 years ago

guilty consciences

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.8.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.8    6 years ago

( deleted )

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.8.3  Sunshine  replied to  Sparty On @1.8.2    6 years ago
Removed for context

Deleted

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.8.4  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @1.8.2    6 years ago

delete

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.8.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @1.8.4    6 years ago

crying

Unevenly censor?

laughing dude

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.8.6  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.8.5    6 years ago

deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

'Rodriguez’s attack comes after the Department of Justice released its recent hate crime statistics,  reported by KCRA . The 2017 California report, which was the first published since President Trump took office, evinced an uptick of more than 17 percent, with anti-Hispanic and anti-Latino crimes soaring over 50 percent last year, according to the  Sacramento Bee .'

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

The article implies it might be whites who did the beating, but there has been no indication of that so far.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    6 years ago

Google the incident and you will find pictures of her with the brick still in her hand.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.1    6 years ago

I'm not talking about the woman with the brick, but the other punks.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.1.3  JaneDoe  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    6 years ago

I posted her picture above. She looks like a sweet lady just out teaching her child how to treat other people. Not!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  JaneDoe @2.1.3    6 years ago

Are you more concerned about the race of the attacker than you are about the victim? 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2.1.5  JaneDoe  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    6 years ago

Not me John, You?

Or maybe you are more concerned about political affiliation, like a lot of folks seem to be. 

Junior Participates
2.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    6 years ago
The article implies it might be whites who did the beating, but there has been no indication of that so far.

Did you reach that conclusion because there was no mention of the race of the attackers?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.6    6 years ago

Yep...the press tries to clean up the language. If it was a white person, that would noted in the story, and probably in the title.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

WTF, he's 92 years old...It doesn't matter if he was 22, that kind of shit should never be tolerated...

I hope that they get every damn one of the asswipes and charge them with everything in the book. In prison they can explain their actions to the Mexican Mafia...

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.1  GaJenn78  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

Yea, regardless, it pisses me off when someone goes after the elderly

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

Thank you for one of the few sensible comments on this thread so far

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.4  Skrekk  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago
WTF, he's 92 years old...It doesn't matter if he was 22, that kind of shit should never be tolerated...

I don't understand what you're saying.   It's far smarter to persecute the defenseless rather than someone with the ability to fight back.

That's why Trump persecutes refugees and toddlers.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.5  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

Yeah, kinda like a 30 yo man assaulting a 16 yo kid ..... which is not quite as bad but certainly the same principle.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @3.5    6 years ago

Not quite as bad?  Didn't that dumb ass take his hat?  I'd hardly qualify that with assault and beating an old man in the head with a brick.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Racists are in a conundrum. They are happy the Mexican invader was beaten, but are jealous that a black woman did it. 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
6.2  GaJenn78  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

Wow.....

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
6.2.1  JaneDoe  replied to  GaJenn78 @6.2    6 years ago

That is exactly what I said after reading that comment. Sad!!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JaneDoe @6.2.1    6 years ago

I thought the comment was par for the course. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
6.2.3  JaneDoe  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.2.2    6 years ago

You Sir are correct. Par for the course

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  JaneDoe @6.2.3    6 years ago

That is how his mind works.  

Consider the source and move on is my suggestion .....

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
6.2.5  JaneDoe  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.4    6 years ago

I think I will take your advise on that. Hard to believe that some people actually think that way.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  JaneDoe @6.2.5    6 years ago

Yeah, i usually wonder if they really do or are just acting out on the narrative du-jour they happen to be pushing at the moment.

Gotta love the internet .....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

Norman saw fit to mention that the attacker was black, and even complained that it wasn't mentioned in the seeded article. Make of it what you will. 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
6.3.1  GaJenn78  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3    6 years ago

complained?????? wow, again

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.3.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3    6 years ago

Shouldn't the title have said "Black woman beats a 91 year old".... It's a true fact.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7  Sunshine    6 years ago

Probably Maxine Swamp Waters district.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    6 years ago

You can thank orange conman toddler in chief for this.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1  GaJenn78  replied to  lady in black @8    6 years ago

n

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1.1  GaJenn78  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.1    6 years ago

Oops.....how exactly is this the presidents fault?  Some people are just shitbags no matter their political affiliation.

Junior Participates
8.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.1.1    6 years ago
Some people are just shitbags no matter their political affiliation.

Not "some" people.  His people.  The ones who show up at his sickening rallies and whoop it up when he calls for some peaceful protester to get the "crap knocked"* out of him.

*his exact words: 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.2    6 years ago

Why do people constantly overlook this?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

They're asking for money for medical bills after this poor man was attacked for no reason whatsoever.  I imagine his family that he was visiting doesn't have the means to pay for this unwarranted attack.  

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
10.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Tessylo @10    6 years ago
They're asking for money for medical bills

It appears that they got it.

In three days, more than 5,500 people have donated $160,000 — far surpassing the family’s original $15,000 goal.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1    6 years ago

Okay.   

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @10    6 years ago

deleted

PJ
Masters Quiet
12  PJ    6 years ago

This is unfortunate.  The discord has been set by Mr. Trump and supported by his followers.  Had they only demanded that he conduct himself as a leader of all the people rather than only their small minority then perhaps this could have been avoided or at minmum another excuse used other than "go back to Mexico".  For some to suggest that this phrase isn't important shows a complete lack of awareness.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2  Skrekk  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago
The discord has been set by Mr. Trump and supported by his followers.

They're the reincarnation of the anti-immigrant "Know Nothing Party."    Literally.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.3  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago
The discord has been set by Mr. Trump and supported by his followers.

Not true, not a shred of evidence.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.3.1  PJ  replied to  Greg Jones @12.3    6 years ago

If you're not going to be serious then don't participate in the conversation.  You cannot deny the tweets or the comments from Mr. Trump.  Please look around you and get your head out of the sand.  This is exactly what I mean but his followers not holding him accountable.  

Argue about Mr. Trump's meaning behind the tweets and comments but don't pretend as though they don't exist.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  PJ @12.3.1    6 years ago
Please look around you and get your head out of the sand.  This is exactly what I mean but his followers not holding him accountable.

They pretend to be deaf and blind but I think they're mostly just dumb.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
12.3.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ @12.3.1    6 years ago

Too bad some Trumpsters weren't there to kick the crap out of those thugs that attacked the old man. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.3.4  PJ  replied to  Skrekk @12.3.2    6 years ago
They pretend to be deaf and blind

I just want them to be honest and own the truth.  It's hard to have a discussion with someone who refuses to acknowledge reality.  Argue the truth but don't deny it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.3.5  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @12.3.1    6 years ago

Show me the facts of your "reality". All I'm hearing from a lot of the left wingers is biased opinion.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.3.6  PJ  replied to  Greg Jones @12.3.5    6 years ago

What specifically are you talking about?  I'm referencing his tweets and comments about immigrants.  Which is relevant to the current article.  Are you denying his tweets and comments?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.3.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @12.3.3    6 years ago
'Too bad some Trumpsters weren't there to kick the crap out of those thugs that attacked the old man'

Nah, they probably would have joined in with their fellow Trumpsters.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

Obviously this bitch who attacked this man for no reason is racist.  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
16  Colour Me Free    6 years ago

A very sad event .. certainly some interesting comments..

Was race actually a factor, or was some rather large bitch in a pissy mood and took it out on an innocent individual that crossed her path .. thus causing others to join in the feeding frenzy?  What does politics have to do with this?

'We' .. as in many, seem to once again assess blame to racism and the current President...  yet when the WWII vet was beat to death by black teenagers in 2013 - race was not the cause … or when the bored young black men in Oklahoma, hunted down and shot an exchange student from Australia in the back, race was not a factor …  there were those, myself included that felt these were hate crimes … but NO, race was not the reason for these events...  is the difference that these 2 events happen under the previous administration - so therefore the President was not to blame?

I am thankful this elderly man is alive and healing …  tough old guy!  : )

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
16.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Colour Me Free @16    6 years ago

I remember those cases....nary a negative word about the perps.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
17  Skrekk    6 years ago

No doubt whatsoever that this dimwitted xenophobe is a Trump supporter too:

A man used profanity and kept accosting a young woman wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, shouting comments such as, “Are you a citizen?” as she repeatedly asks a nearby police officer for help. The police said on Twitter that it's investigating the officer's response.

The video of the incident, that took place June 14 at the Caldwell Woods forest preserve in Chicago has gone viral, with more than 1 million views.

freepress
Freshman Silent
18  freepress    6 years ago

Trump is emboldening the racism in this county returning us back in time to the 1950's. Only in some ways it is much worse now.

America needs to step up and denounce all forms of violence and that should come from both sides of the aisle but you do not see any Republicans decrying this kind of horrific behavior.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
18.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  freepress @18    6 years ago

Actually it’s Republicans that would support this guy carrying a gun and make my days laws so he could use it to protect himself against these thugs. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
20  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

As of this morning, the woman is under arrest.  GOOD!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
20.1  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @20    6 years ago

Yep, let justice prevail ......

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
20.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @20.1    6 years ago

CPS should also get involved.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
20.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @20.1.1    6 years ago

Have to agree again, i’m sure they are.    

God knows what else is going on in that household.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
20.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @20.1.1    6 years ago

Agree Paula.  That little girl must have been traumatized while her thug mother was beating that defenseless man and she furthered the melee by telling those punks that he tried to snatch her little girl.