╌>

Trump’s demise has been greatly exaggerated

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  72 comments

Trump’s demise has been greatly exaggerated

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

This time they’ve surely got him. Pack your bags, Mr. President. The game is up. Because this week we learned that . . . that . . . well, there’s this tape, see, recorded by Donald Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen in September of 2016, during which the then-presidential candidate discussed setting up a company for the purpose of paying off alleged former paramour Karen McDougal to make her go away.

Did Trump and Cohen actually pay her off? No, but . . . but . . . c’mon, it would have been a campaign-finance violation! If it had happened. Or it was sort of a campaign-finance violation once removed, because the company that owns the National Enquirer paid for the rights to the McDougal story but then never ran anything on it, and maybe Trump knew about this!

Trump-is-doomed stories are one of the media’s favorite fairy tales. Remember when you saw “Peter Pan” when you were 4 and you actually thought that clapping for Tinkerbell would bring her back to life? Pundits think that if they cheer loudly enough for Trump to get eighty-sixed, it’ll happen. His (first?) term in office is more than a third over, and the Very Serious Commentators have been ushering him out the door the entire time. Or at least they’ve been trying to. It turns out that Trump doesn’t pay a lot of attention to the usher-pundits.

Michael Cohen and the End Stage of the Trump Presidency ,” ran a headline in The New Yorker. That was back on April 14. Writer Adam Davidson gravely averred, “This is the week we know, with increasing certainty, that we are entering the last phase of the Trump Presidency. This doesn’t feel like a prophecy; it feels like a simple statement of the apparent truth.”

Can something really be a “certainty” if its odds are still “increasing?” Death is a certainty. The likelihood of it occurring is, however, quite stable.

But, hey, Davidson could be right. Remember when Karl Marx said it was an inevitable historical fact that capitalism would die? It’s only been 150 years — give the man time! By contrast, recall that, a year before Davidson turned The New Yorker into his personal prophecy-delivery system, The Independent promised (May 18, 2017), “ This is how Donald Trump’s presidency will crumble in the next year .” Amateurish. Never supply an expiration date that could falsify your claim. Be thunderously certain, pundits — but be vague in your certainty.

Another favorite pundit trick is the “closing wall” metaphor. Stand clear of your closing walls, Mr. President! New York City Congressman Jerry Nadler said on May 21 that Trump “is very upset that the walls are closing in, and that the investigators are closing in on him.” Nadler was echoing Stephen Colbert, from April 11 (“The walls have been closing in on the president, and he’s not happy,”) and The Daily Beast of March 12 (“ The Walls Are Closing in on Trump ”).

Remember how that was absolutely definitely certainly going to bring down Trump?

These walls are certainly taking their time. “ The walls are closing in on Donald Trump — and he’s starting to lose it ,” claimed The New Republic back on May 18 of 2017. That was a year and a quarter ago. Have you ever heard of closing walls that moved so imperceptibly that after 15 months there was still no movement discernible to the naked eye? These walls are moving more slowly than the plot of “Blade Runner 2049.”

There’s really no need for the walls to smush Trump, though, because the noose will surely get him first. Lawrence O’Donnell of MSNBC said on Jan. 10, “The noose is tightening around the Trump White House and the Trump family.” Trump is “shocked that the noose is tightening,” said Mika Brzezinski on “Morning Joe.” That was back on Dec. 5. Senator and not-quite-vice-president Tim Kaine detected the noose way back in May of 2017, when he said, “We have a deeply insecure president who understands the noose is tightening because of this Russia investigation.” This was about 65 weeks ago, when Trump fired James Comey. Remember how that was absolutely definitely certainly going to bring down Trump?

It was the Daily Kos that really had Trump nailed, in a piece called “ Trump Endgame .” This one warned us that “events are escalating rapidly with the Trump regime” and that “Trump is not capable of a slow stripping of democratic norms, processes and rights . . . he wants to win it now . . . we are in a struggle, the fate of the nation is at stake.” Etcetera. Etcetera.

This piece (which speculated hopefully that maybe “Trump is forced out in a coup”) ran on Jan. 30, 2017: Ten days into the Trump presidency.

Don’t despair, activists and fantasists and rageaholics. Keep clapping like you did for Tinkerbell when you were 4. If you ever lose faith in fairy tales and it occurs to you that Trump isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, though, there is something you can do. You can keep smashing up Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with a pickaxe. That’ll show him!

Kyle Smith is critic-at-large at National Review

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“It was the Daily Kos that really had Trump nailed, in a piece called “Trump Endgame.” This one warned us that “events are escalating rapidly with the Trump regime” and that “Trump is not capable of a slow stripping of democratic norms, processes and rights . . . he wants to win it now . . . we are in a struggle, the fate of the nation is at stake.” Etcetera. Etcetera.

This piece (which speculated hopefully that maybe “Trump is forced out in a coup”) ran on Jan. 30, 2017: Ten days into the Trump presidency.

Don’t despair, activists and fantasists and rageaholics. Keep clapping like you did for Tinkerbell when you were 4. If you ever lose faith in fairy tales and it occurs to you that Trump isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, though, there is something you can do.”

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
Daily Kos

hint:   "daily chaos"

such a peaceful bunch... LOL

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

There will be no political demise for our great President Trump.  All the scheming, plotting, lying, and whispering will come to naught as he survives each attack on his character and policy goals, rising up stronger as do his supporters with each attack.  The double down in defense of our President and his actions in office is working.  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    6 years ago

Sadly, I've heard nothing of Trump's demise, exaggerated or otherwise.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

if trump was not keeping promises and doing what we elected him to do? the left would not be interested in impeachment.

they have lost their minds because the liberal world order is burning and they are scared. (they feel action must be taken now.)

anyone who did not expect that? was not paying attention.  

I have been watching the youngsters around my parts and they are coming to their senses, slowly, but steady enough. it seems being miserable every day is too much of a chore for some and the leftwing bs is just to thick for others.   (we got him this time)  oops... (this time)  oops. but wait.. (this time for sure)  

they say nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. but truth is... false hope and anger do not sell well. 

nothing draws a crowd like a happy crowd.

the left? is not a happy crowd  :)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago

if trump was not keeping promises

Let us look at one of those promises shall we.  Remember this one - MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.  Well, when that promise failed, he tried using DACA recipients as bargaining chips.  That too failed so Trump is now threatening to shut down the government unless they give him his wall.  MAGAlaughing dude laughing dude

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    6 years ago

Trump is throwing a tantrum.

trump crying.png

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
3.1.2  tomwcraig  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    6 years ago

Do you not know anything of basic economics?  Mexico would end up paying for the wall eventually as we would save money on supporting illegal immigrants and dealing with the chaos (car accidents, violence, etc.) they bring by illegally entering the country through the southern border.  However, to realize those savings, we need to build the wall first.  In order to build the wall money needs to be spent to build it.  Congress has not specified any money to be spent on the wall.  Trump was trying to bargain with the Democrats and the wishy-washy Moderate Republicans like Paul Ryan to get them to specify money to be spent on the wall.  It didn't work.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    6 years ago
MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL.  Well, when that promise failed, he

that issue is still on the table...  patience is a virtue :)

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.4  SteevieGee  replied to  tomwcraig @3.1.2    6 years ago
Mexico would end up paying for the wall eventually as we would save money on supporting illegal immigrant

OK I'm calling BS on that crap.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  SteevieGee @3.1.4    6 years ago

Not only that but a transaction tax on money sent from people in the USA to family still living in Mexico would cause Mexicans to pay for the cost of the wall.  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.5    6 years ago

I haven't heard about any transaction tax.  So far all I've heard is that he wants me to pay for it.  It is taxing the poor and disenfranchised though so it sounds like something he would support.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4  1ofmany    6 years ago

The only way Democrats can get rid of Trump is to vote him out. But they’re too stupid to see that they can’t beat him with: 1) a message that promotes insane policies like gender confusion, abortion on demand, stalking/harassing their opponents, political correctness, overrunning the country with illegal aliens etc; and 2) a horrible messenger like Hillary Clinton, who thinks she should be president just because she has boobs and because she can lie her way out of anything. I’m still waiting to see who, in the backed up toilet called the Democratic Party, will overflow the bowl to challenge Trump. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    6 years ago

If only his presidential demise were true.  But that's just wishful thinking.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @5    6 years ago

If Trump gets 'bounced' out of office it will be by his own hand.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @5.1    6 years ago

It will be on Jan. 20, 2025 and it will be due to constitutional term limits.  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.1    6 years ago
It will be on Jan. 20, 2025 and it will be due to constitutional term limits.

Don't underestimate president trump, the constitution is made to be amended. 

He made "Need" to do that.

lol and a large SARC

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    6 years ago

In the long view, Trump and Trumpism is 'greatly exaggerated. 

Trump runs in money circles, banged anything that would let him, needs constant praise and really doesn't know or care about the mechanics of anything.  He was on a bowling team and got a 'staff' shirt once.  Cheated thousands out of money.  Bankrupt a few times then cheated thousands more out of money.  The 'great Trump hope?'

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago

Quite the sweeping generalization caricature of our awesome president.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1    6 years ago

How sweeping?  And how general?

Sophomore Guide
6.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1    6 years ago
our awesome president.

Yes sir quiet the role model we have here for our young Americans. 

Just say whatever ya  want so you can do whatever ya want.

I love it !

Also be sure to "Grab" all the "gusto" she'll let ya any chance ya get. 

Awesome !!!

lol.......sarc

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  bbl-1 @6    6 years ago
Trump and Trumpism is 'greatly exaggerated. 

whatever ya call it... it is the new paradigm for the rest of our lives at the very least.

the anti-globalist movement is not just a passing fancy and it will be around for a while.

best case scenario it will take 40-60 yrs until the globalists can rebuild in the dark what trump destroyed in broad  daylight.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2    6 years ago
it will take 40-60 yrs until the globalists can rebuild in the dark what trump destroyed in broad  daylight.

Hopefully not. isolationism kills countries, look at Cuba or N Korea. 40 to 50 years behind much of the world. No thanks

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.1    6 years ago
Hopefully not.

at least 40yrs minimum, but I reckon probably longer.  no one alive today will see a repeat of the last several decades of bs.

isolationism kills countries,

there is nothing isolationist about trumps foreign policy, so I tell ya what...

when you figure out the difference between nationalism and isolationism?  we can talk.

till then... go fish elsewhere.

cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.2    6 years ago

Good point!  

Sophomore Guide
6.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.2    6 years ago
there is nothing isolationist about trumps foreign policy

I see it differently. Trump is playing hard ball pushing people who run countries, he always pushes people, people dont like to be forced, long term that takes a toll. 

BTW The ideological pendulum swings back and forth it seems like the swings are increasing as the far right and left gain traction in the political ranks. 

Someday they may tear it apart like other countries have done. 

unity is now laughed at and everyone is out to one up the other politicly. 

What could go wrong ? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.4    6 years ago
BTW The ideological pendulum swings back and forth it seems like the swings are increasing as the far right and left gain traction in the political ranks. 

our bill of rights was a direct result of a fistfight during ratification. making the political fights of today kind of lame in comparison.    so... when trump punches pelosi in the throat and then they suddenly both agree on border security?  that would be news.

another problem with the chaos theory.. the independents? dwarf the extreme left and right in numbers.

and btw trump is not an extreme candidate. he is more of an old school democrat who today is called rightwing.  

I see it differently. Trump is playing hard ball pushing people who run countries,

let me help you out here.  

demanding fair trade deals is not isolationism - write this down it is always on the test.

demanding fair trade deals is just common sense.  something we have lacked for about 60yrs now.  and it is about time common sense made a comeback. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.4    6 years ago
he always pushes people, people dont like to be forced,

they do not like it??   too funny... that is why they call it force.. LOL

when getting robbed do you ask them to stop?  or force them to stop?

out of five attempts, not one successful robbery around me... why? I choose force every time.    

FACT: people do not stop screwing other people over unless forced.

the days of the usa getting robbed in bad trade deals are over.    if they want our money? they do as we say... end of story.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.5    6 years ago

Agreed.  It’s time for America 1st common sense from our elected leaders.  Trump is providing it.  

Sophomore Guide
6.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.5    6 years ago
it is about time common sense made a comeback.

Common sense coming back ? LOL IMO: America has never had a great deal of much common sense in many of our laws or policies. Where is the common sense in being able to legally buy drugs on every street corner that kill thousands a year when an alternate that kills zero people remains illegal for decades ?   tobacco, alcohol, marijuana

Back to the subject, speaking of common sense is it common sense to pacify a bully ?  

I remember back in high school when someone would try to bully me I stood up to them and they soon found easier prey.

No one I know likes to be bullied, at this time our president seems to be playing the bully (as per his MO) and sooner or later the people running the countries he's dealing with are going to get sick of it, just like most individuals do when repeatedly dealing with anyone with that attitude. 

No one really likes a bully, even if they are benefiting from the bullying. Not to mention right now trump is pushing his agenda that others happen to agree with if and when trump pushes for   things those people dont agree with, guess what., it's gonna be too late.

I'm reminded of the pied piper story where the town hired one man to solve their problem after he did and demanded payment and didn't get what he wanted, he turned on the whole town.

I say good luck America, enjoy it for now.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.6    6 years ago
out of five attempts, not one successful robbery around me... why? I choose force every time. 

So you were forcibly robed and responded with force yourself. Yep kinda the response I expect our president will be getting forcing others as well.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.10  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.9    6 years ago
Yep kinda the response I expect our president will be getting forcing others as well.

trump is not the one taking advantage of other countries...

our country has been getting the shaft in trade for a very long time and you blame trump as the boogeyman here?   pathetic.

the USA is the only 8000lb gorilla in the room. 

where we go the world follows regardless if they like it or not.

countries are being reminded of that simple fact as we speak.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.10    6 years ago
where we go the world follows

True at this time, however, it hasn’t always been that way and there is no guarantee it will be in the future. China is quickly gaining world power. Considering they have three times the population and are planning for the long term, bullying them may not be the best route to go. Time will tell.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.6    6 years ago

Trump will fix our prior bad trade deals and put America first!  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.11    6 years ago

That’s why we have to get the best deal we can with them now while we still can.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.11    6 years ago
China is quickly gaining world power.

china WAS quickly gaining world power at our expense. (we stopped paying.)

now we get to watch how "the president for life" does without a monster trade surplus with the USA backing up his economy.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.12    6 years ago
bad trade deals

The question of whether our trade deals are really bad even seems to be devided.

trump likes to say everyone who negotiated past trade deals was an idiot and every trade deal ever done on our behave was a bad deal. But, trump says a lot of stuff that isn't quiet true. 

From what I've seen so far this president is sorely short on and pays little attention to the details of much of anything. If trumps trade deals are as horribly unthought out as his immigration zero tolerance policy was, we may have been better off leaving the trade deals alone.

IMO: trumps biggest flaw is his non attentiveness of any details. He sees the big picture but not down to the details of implementation or operation. 

I know from experience, the devil is always in the details. And without a solid footing shit falls down.

Even if trump does get better deals if he pisses off a bunch of countries doing it we may end up worse off in the long run anyway. 

Too bad I'm not more of a gambling person, I know I'd enjoy trumps presidency more.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.16  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.15    6 years ago
if he pisses off a bunch of countries doing it we may end up worse off in the long run anyway. 

he is sure to piss off other countries...   they like our free money. who wouldnt be pissed off when the free money stops? 

the only question is:

can they or will they be able to do anything about it? nope.

a trade war has been going on for our whole lives... we decided to stop losing that war...

we risk nothing we did not already lose.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.17  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.14    6 years ago
now we get to watch how "the president for life" does without a monster trade surplus with the USA backing up his economy.

I'm sure they will recover nicely as we see our prices increase on everyday items in the USA. 

It's not like there isn't emerging countries that they can tap into to offset the problems we cause.

I just wonder how many people here are willing to offset the cost by working for low wages to start producing some of the low cost everyday items America consumes ? daily.  BTW: Also at the same time, paying more themselves for want they need.

I dont see people lining up for jobs like that. In fact that is why America already lost so many manufacturing jobs. People in other countries are willing to work for less. 

"the president for life"

LOL and what are we going to do once trump gets America set up to have a hard nosed, pushy, authoritarian figure at the helm when it's time for him to go bye bye ?

You know he'll probably be pushing for another term or at the least for one of his kids to take over the reins.  

NO thanks 

Sophomore Guide
6.2.18  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.16    6 years ago
will they be able to do anything about it?

Well you can bet they will do all they can. Including screwing with our dept and curtailing any new loans to America. It's OK though , we can always borrow from our own SS fund. lol

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.19  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.17    6 years ago
LOL and what are we going to do once trump gets America set up to have a hard nosed, pushy, authoritarian figure at the helm when it's time for him to go bye bye ?

we will elect whomever he endorses.. no worries.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.20  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.18    6 years ago
Well you can bet they will do all they can. Including screwing with our dept and curtailing any new loans to America.

im sure they want to do just that... just one problem.

• Trump will have the opportunity to fashion the central bank in the image he would like as he has four vacancies to fill on the board of governors.

no worries :)

Sophomore Guide
6.2.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.19    6 years ago
we will elect whomever he endorses.. no worries.

No surprise here. 

IMO: That will be both likely and counuine the whole world towards putting in more and more hard nose style type leaderships.

No worries here, it's all gonna end somehow someday anyway. 

Sophomore Guide
6.2.22  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.20    6 years ago

Good move, I wonder, will the money soon have "we trust in trump" on it as well ?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.23  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.22    6 years ago

I'm fairly sure you wonder... a lot.

carry on.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.24  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.22    6 years ago

No.  “In God we trust” is what will forever be on our money.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.25  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.21    6 years ago
IMO: That will be both likely and counuine the whole world towards putting in more and more hard nose style type leaderships.

with a little luck :)

leading from behind is called cowardice. and why obamas endorsement lost.  telling people "those jobs are just not coming back" is not want people like to hear... no one votes for a continued loss or even mediocrity.  they vote for winners. people who lead from the front and get things done.

those-jobs-of-the-past-are-just-not-going-to-27063429.png

now?

black and hispanic employment is at record highs.. those jobs are coming back and guess what?

everyone knows one simple fact - democrats did not build that.

those people vote... democrat? not anymore.

Sophomore Guide
6.2.26  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.25    6 years ago
with a little luck

Yep with a little luck we'll avoid WWIII for a while. The more unpredictable and unstable leaders in control of earth the chances are the less time we have. but

to each their own.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.27  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.5    6 years ago

Clappingthumbs up

Sophomore Guide
6.2.28  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.23    6 years ago
I'm fairly sure you wonder... a lot.

LOL So true, more than once I’ve been told I think to much. 

To me that seems much better than many I see who are the opposite. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.29  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.2.17    6 years ago

Well we got Obama to leave when his time was up....and he was quite the fascist inclined authoritarian.  

Sophomore Guide
6.2.30  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.29    6 years ago
we got Obama to leave when his time was up

True and every president before him.

A lot would need to change to have a third term. 

Don't you think trump could do that if he so desired ? 

I don't know.

{Considering I dont ever see congress voting for their own term limits, I wonder how much congressional obstruction to the right president's push for a third term there really might be for the right president at the right time with the right congress. (seriously No right pun intended) but lol }

Personally. as someone who has learned NOT TO underestimate this man, I dont know if he could pull off pushing for and getting a third term or not, but considering his character I think its a possibility he would want a third term and push hard for it if HE so desires, as a person who does not care for trump ways or means of accomplishment, I certainly hope that isn't the case. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7  sixpick    6 years ago

Trump isn't going anywhere and the drug companies and psychiatrists are making a fortune off the Democrats right now.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  sixpick @7    6 years ago
the drug companies and psychiatrists are making a fortune off the Democrats right now.

that explains the economic growth  :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1    6 years ago

It’s ok for the economy to grow at the emotional expense of our progressive friends.  The faster it grows the more powerful the cases of TDS among them become.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.1    6 years ago
The faster it grows

the more people see how much our country has been held back by politicians both left and right.

that is the biggest lesson of all.

trump is setting the bar back where it should be. 

going to be hard to claim those jobs and prosperity are not coming back after they came back under trump.

every politician from this day forward is going to have to claim to be able to beat trumps numbers... LOL

good fun :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to    6 years ago
.it has been razed.

your simple play on words does not provide jobs or change voters minds.

fact:

black and hispanic employment is the highest it has EVER been in the history of our country

newsflash.. those people vote and they know the demoncrats did not build that. 

ciao :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Trump's legal team is split over a Mueller interview. One half is afraid Trump will lie and the other half is afraid he'll tell the truth.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @8    6 years ago

laughing dude laughing dude

Jeebus John, you're killing me here.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @8    6 years ago

you are funny :)

newsflash:  trump is not going to give mueller the time of day.    and there is nothing mueller can do about it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.2    6 years ago

As it should be.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    6 years ago

Could be that the Trump's demise began when he stepped out of his 'Secret Trump Tower' and into the bright lights.  Even his 'tidy whitey' Stormy underwear became a conversation.  And that is the easy stuff.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @9    6 years ago

Trump is going to win re-election and leave office in Jan. 2025 as a great American President.