jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

I guess the rules don't apply to Rump and his 'rallies'

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago
the rules don't apply to Rump

Surely you're not just now figuring that out.

......................................          ..............................

“I don’t even wait,” he boasts as he talks about groping at women’s genitals.

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,”  “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want,” 

“Grab them by the pussy,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

No rules and no respect. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Citing the Lanham Act, which prohibits “any false designation or misleading description or representation of fact … likely to cause confusion … as to the affiliation, connection, or association of such person with another person,” Tyler’s attorney contends that playing an Aerosmith song in a public arena gives the false impression that Tyler is endorsing Trump’s presidency."

Well...….Someone thinks very high and mighty of themselves these days, and it's not Trump in this matter. winking

Sophomore Guide
3.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @3    6 years ago
Well...….Someone thinks very high and mighty of themselves these days

I must agree, even after being asked not to use a person's work for his own advantage president trump seemingly simply ignores the request and does whatever the fuck he wants anyway. 

WTH he's the president can't he do WTF ever he wants ?  Well yeah but not if he wants to remain the president. Funny thing, we have rules for that job. 

What ? Rules, I dont need no stinkin rules, Funny on film... But IMO: Sad for our leaders disposition to be that way. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.1    6 years ago
we have rules for that job. 

Well..….the only rules I know of is what the oppositions say should be the rules. To many personalities in government to set finite rules for.

Every now-and-again....a good swift kick in the pants to others, actually is needed and does work from time to time. Thumbs Up 2

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    6 years ago

Rules are rules - not whoever happens to be 'president' at the time.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    6 years ago

Rump sure needs a good swift kick in his ass, though doubt it would make any difference - and his mouth looks like an ass so he'd get kicked in the face and his big fat ass!  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @3    6 years ago

It is Tyler's/Aerosmith's music and they have the right to determine who uses it and why.  I just wish Lee Greenwood would step up and demand he stops using God Bless The USA.  It used to be my favorite song as a veteran and now I won't listed to it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    6 years ago

I liked the song "God Bless The USA" ( I still like it) but with or without the songwriters approval the song became co-opted to mean "America, Love It Or Leave It", and I am not sure that sentiment is apparent in the lyrics to the song. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    6 years ago
It used to be my favorite song as a veteran and now I won't listed to it.

Kinda bad that you can let one person mess up what you like. There are soooo many other people out their you could like....like veterans and the such, so you can still listen to the song. Thumbs Up 2

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

Further, as we have also made clear, Mr. Trump needs our client’s express written permission in
order to use his music. We demanded Mr. Tyler’s public performance societies terminate their
licenses with you in 2015 in connection with “Dream On” and any other musical compositions
written or co-written by Mr. Tyler. As such, we are unaware of any remaining public
performance license still in existence which grants Mr. Trump the right use his music in
connection with the Rallies or any other purpose. If Mr. Trump has any such license, please
forward it to our attention immediately.

In addition, Mr. Tyler’s voice is easily recognizable and central to his identity, and any use
thereof wrongfully misappropriates his rights of publicity. Mr. Trump does not have any right to
use the name, image, voice or likeness of our client, without his express written permission.

'Well...….Someone thinks very high and mighty of themselves these days, and it's not Trump in this matter.  winking '

It is Rump in this matter.  

He has no rights to use this music without permission and none of your sidestepping and deflections take away from that.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago
He has no rights to use this music without permission

I'm sure that EVERY place on this planet, that uses one song or another by someone ...… ALWAYS Get's permission to do so. laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1    6 years ago

Which has nothing to do with Rump using Aerosmith's music illegally.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    6 years ago

Is it REALLY Illegal, if everyone else gets a pass ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    6 years ago

Who is this 'everyone else' that gets a pass?

Sophomore Guide
4.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @4.1    6 years ago
I'm sure that EVERY place on this planet, that uses one song or another by someone ...… ALWAYS Get's permission to do so

You're right some people don't, and some people pay the price:

According to a court filing on Monday, music publisher Warner/Chappell will pay $14 million to end a lawsuit challenging its hold on the English language's most popular song, "Happy Birthday to You."

Mr Tyler seems to have legality on his side. President Trump either needs to make deal for the use of the man's work or cease and desist. 

That's the law like it or not. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.5    6 years ago

It's too late. It's already been used.

It's a different song everywhere Trump goes to speak, so Stevens protest is all just for show. Besides, Trump doesn't pick the song.

Wonder if Democrat politicians get "Approvals" from Musicians everytime they USE their songs ? chuckle

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    6 years ago
Who is this 'everyone else' that gets a pass?

There are people outside that window.....I swear. Trust me. Hanging loose

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    6 years ago

It's not just for show by Steve Tyler.  I hope his attorneys continue to pursue it although I'm sure Rump will find a way so that us taxpayers pay for another of his scams.  

Sophomore Guide
4.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    6 years ago
Wonder if Democrats get "Approvals" from Musicians everytime they USE their songs ?  

I have no idea but IMO; They're pretty stupid if they do and ignore legal action designed to stop them from doing it. 

Besides, Trump doesn't pick the song.

Maybe not, but It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't have final say on stuff like this. 

It's too late. It's already been used.

Actually find it almost hilarious that trump's followers would be jammi to "Livin on the edge".

The irony of it all kinda tickles my mind. 

Here's my suggestion for president trump's next rally. The owners would probably even for go any royalties. 

lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    6 years ago
'It's too late. It's already been used.'

That doesn't matter when it comes to the law.  He used it without permission AGAIN.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.9    6 years ago

Very good Steve!!!!!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.10    6 years ago

Steven just said …... "Don't use it again".

Has Trump "Used it Again" since Steven "Said" ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.9    6 years ago
Actually find it almost hilarious that trump's followers would be jammi to "Livin on the edge".

Makes life exciting. Hanging loose

This "Stuff" going on is just way out there over the rainbow now. I wonder why there isn't more reporting on what is actually going on politically in the Whitehouse and in Congress. Used to be....that was what was important. Most don't even know what Trump has signed, or congress has signed onto in our name.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.8    6 years ago
I hope his attorneys continue to pursue it

So much "Wasting of Time", so little …………… Everything else.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @4.1.13    6 years ago
I wonder why there isn't more reporting on what is actually going on politically in the Whitehouse and in Congress.

Because that information doesn't drive ratings and up the profits for the news outlets like fake news and trump talkin trash talk does. 

IMO: Both side are playing the American people. And that includes both many of our politicians and media outlets. Divide us and separate us from our power and money, Seems to be working out great for them though. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.16  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.15    6 years ago
Both side are playing the American people. And that includes both many of our politicians and media outlets. Divide us and separate us

Clapping

Gordy327
Professor Guide
4.1.17  Gordy327  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    6 years ago
Is it REALLY Illegal, if everyone else gets a pass

So your rationalization is if everyone else does it, then anyone else (including trump) should be allowed to, even if they do not have permission?

It's a different song everywhere Trump goes to speak, so Stevens protest is all just for show. Besides, Trump doesn't pick the song.

Irrelevant. if he uses a song for promotion without permission, then he's breaking the law.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.18  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.7    6 years ago

Trust you?  laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.12    6 years ago

Well duh, if you had bothered to read the piece you would have known.  Rump used it in 2015 and was told then not to do it again.  Rump did it again!  I know you'd prefer to deflect and sidestep and get in the last word but you're wrong, as usual 

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.20  Iamak47  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    6 years ago
Which has nothing to do with Rump using Aerosmith's music illegally.

The only “legally” relevant issue is if the company who provided sound for the rally had an ASCAP license to play music in public.........most do.  Artists lose some control of how their music is used if they are licensed through ASCAP or BMI.  One option they have is to pull the music from the public performance list, but that can mean a loss of income for the artist.

Beyond that, there is a whole bunch of gray area. 

My guess is Trump is trolling again.......Knowing previous requests to stop playing their music were made with BMI licensed tunes.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.22  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Iamak47 @4.1.20    6 years ago

Did you see paragraph 3?  That disputes everything you just said.  Rump used it illegally.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.23  Iamak47  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.22    6 years ago

Read paragraph 3 again, several times........maybe you’ll understand.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.24  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Iamak47 @4.1.23    6 years ago

No you read it again and maybe you'll understand.  Move along now.

Iamak47
Freshman Silent
4.1.25  Iamak47  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.24    6 years ago

Sure, I’ll move along, no worries.  I suggest you study ASCAP, BMI licensing and sync rights so you’ll know for yourself what is legal or not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.26  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Iamak47 @4.1.25    6 years ago

Get to stepping Iamak - be gone -  lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Why doesn't trump get Charlie Daniels or Toby Keith to write him a real patriotic Amurikun song.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1  It Is ME  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    6 years ago

Toby Keith Is Not A Trump Supporter

But Keith hasn't vocalized support for Trump. In fact, he has decried him as a media whore. "This is by far the best country you could ever live in, and we picked these two candidates to be media whores and go out there and take care of the world, huh?" he said in September at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas. He also called the election a "dumpster fire."

Keith's comments echoed what he told the Chicago Tribune in August. "This election, I don't think it makes a difference," he said when asked if he knew which candidate he would vote for. "I can't believe there's 300 million Americans in this country and we've got these two as our final two. It's absolutely crazy."

Not only is Keith not a fan of Trump, but he was raised a Democrat in Oklahoma and was registered with the party until 2008, when he re-registered as an independent. “I was a Democrat my whole life. They kind of disowned me when I started supporting the troops, then I went and registered independent," he told the Tribune. "I’ve never been a registered Republican. It just keeps people off balance. They don’t know what to think.”

Asked about the controversy surrounding artists agreeing to perform at Trump's inauguration, K eith reinforced his support for America, not Trump or the Republican Party. "I don't apologize for performing for our country or military," he said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. "I performed at events for previous presidents [George W.] Bush and Obama and over 200 shows in Iraq and Afghanistan for the USO.

But someone singing songs about "AMERICA"....how gauche huh !

freepress
Freshman Silent
6  freepress    6 years ago

The GOP is famous for using material without any permission. It is the GOP mindset that rules don't apply to them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  freepress @6    6 years ago

So true, so true.  Steve Tyler is not the first person who has asked the Rump to not use their music.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2  devangelical  replied to  freepress @6    6 years ago

a why pay for something if you can steal it mentality

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

I'm disappointed. C&D letters are a highly entertaining art form and this lawyer wasn't even trying. Opportunity missed.

Bud Light threatens Minneapolis brewery with pit of misery in medieval-style cease-and-desist order