Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  73 comments

Trump attacks Kavanaugh’s accuser in a string of despicable tweets

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

Trump attacks Kavanaugh’s accuser in a string of despicable tweets

Marcus Gilmer, Mashable   2 hours 25 minutes ago  

ac8069c421f670c6d059d038b881d0f3

President Trump has finally done the unthinkable — and yet it was somehow expected. Friday morning he took to Twitter to attack Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

Dr. Blasey has until now escaped Trump's direct wrath — to the surprise of many. But by Friday Trump was no longer holding back. He's come out expressing doubt as to the veracity of Ford's claims and is continuing his ongoing defense of Kavanaugh.

The suggestion that Ford is lying about the attack is bad enough, but this is an unprecedented statement for a president to make — especially coming from a man who has come under similar scrutiny for his own behavior.

Besides the infamous   Access Hollywood   tape, Trump has been   accused by numerous women   of sexual harassment and assault. 

Video: Christine Blasey Ford Negotiates Terms for Testifying

For more  news videos  visit  Yahoo View .  

But perhaps most galling is the way Trump's attack suggests that just because women don't report rapes or assaults, they must not be true. In fact,   as Vox noted   this week, about two-thirds of rape cases and only one-third of battery or assault cases are reported to police, according to The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN).

And in a vast majority of the cases in which rapes and assaults are reported, the perpetrator never sees jail time. 

That doesn't even touch on the issue of victim shaming that still permeates our culture, even in 2018 in the wake of the #MeToo movement. 

As Mashable's Angie Han   wrote   following the wave of Harvey Weinstein allegations, specifically about the shaming of accuser Ashley Judd:

Trump's attacks is just the latest not only in this cycle, but in his own behavior of attacking those who make accusations of assault.

Trumps comments follow an unusual period of silence in which even   his aides were reportedly shocked   at how mild the president's statements on Ford had been. 

But it also follows a   horrendous meme attacking Ford shared by his son, Don Jr., on Instagram   and the president's outburst last week   denying the reported death toll   from Hurricane Maria.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

'President Trump has finally done the unthinkable — and yet it was somehow expected. Friday morning he took to Twitter to attack Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

Dr. Blasey has until now escaped Trump's direct wrath — to the surprise of many. But by Friday Trump was no longer holding back. He's come out expressing doubt as to the veracity of Ford's claims and is continuing his ongoing defense of Kavanaugh.

The suggestion that Ford is lying about the attack is bad enough, but this is an unprecedented statement for a president to make — especially coming from a man who has come under similar scrutiny for his own behavior.

Besides the infamous   Access Hollywood   tape, Trump has been   accused by numerous women   of sexual harassment and assault.'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

Does this piece of shit ever shut his big fat gaping disgusting pig piehole?  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

Nope!  You just keep up posting BS but there is no way to stop 4th of. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.2.1  cobaltblue  replied to  arkpdx @2.2    6 years ago
You just keep up posting BS but there is no way to stop 4th of. 

Yay! Arkie's talking!! Keep talkin', Arkie! As I mentioned, you don't have to be a member of NT to read the comments. You're the left-leaners' best friend!! If anyone's on the fence, they see your responses and it helps make up their minds. 

Keep goin', Arkie!!! C'mon ... tell us how you feel ... pleeeeeeeease??

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.3  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago

He shuts up for a few minutes when he's eating McDonalds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @2.3    6 years ago

Or KFC

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4  cobaltblue  replied to  Tessylo @2    6 years ago
Does this piece of shit ever shut his big fat gaping disgusting pig piehole?  

For a minute, I thought he exhibited proper decorum. But of course, it was short-lived. See a police report? Where are the police reports of the women whose pussies he bragged about grabbing. This is EXACTLY why women are hesitant to call police. The accuser get beat up more than the accused. At trial, it becomes the woman who is on trial. Her past. What she wore. There were witnesses, for god sake. What a bunch of pussy men here. I'm not saying Kavanaugh is guilty and I'm not saying his accuser is lying. But for people to expect police reports or the FBI to have been called at the time are ridiculous. I hope none of these who are assuming Kavanaugh as stainless don't have daughters and if they do, I hope their daughters don't read their comments here. They would NEVER in a million years go to their fathers as a source of comfort. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4.3  cobaltblue  replied to    6 years ago
So you admit that all she has is her "story" of what she said happened, and nothing to back it up.

Nope. Not what I'm saying. I said until all is heard and all facts are put forth, none of us can say what happened. For every reported incident, there are at least 2,000 that aren't. For all the women that accused Clinton and Trump, how many police reports were created? The event is traumatizing and far more women do not report than do. 

The Majority of Sexual Assaults Are Not Reported to the Police

Only 310 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police. That means about 2 out of 3 go unreported. 1

• Individuals of college-age 2
    • Female Students: 20% report
    • Female Non-Students: 32% report
  • The elderly:   28% report 3
  • Members of the military:   43% of female victims and 10% of male victims reported. 4

Cite .

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4.4  cobaltblue  replied to    6 years ago
The sanctimony is startling in it's monomania.

Yeah, yeah. Spare me your bullshit rhetoric. That's several right-leaners mantra when they have nothing useful to say. Funny how such a silly sentence such as that can ruin a person's entire credibility. It's close to "Like, whatever dude." 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.4.6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @2.4    6 years ago
I hope none of these who are assuming Kavanaugh as stainless don't have daughters and if they do, I hope their daughters don't read their comments here. They would NEVER in a million years go to their fathers as a source of comfort. 

I've thought that mydamnself every time Dr. Ford has been called a bitch and a cunt and whatever else by the NT Tiny Hands Brigade.   

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4.7  cobaltblue  replied to    6 years ago
The comment was directed to the knuckledraggers referenced in your initial post, albeit clunky. And what would this place be without all the bullshit rhetoric...peace.

My bad. I thought you were referencing me, and I am anything but a "yeah, whatever dude" person. Peace back atcha'.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4.8  cobaltblue  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.4.6    6 years ago
Dr. Ford has been called a bitch and a cunt

Hell, every time a neanderthal calls a woman that without knowing the facts and just opening their mouths because they're trolls [one who has admitted it], it says a lot more about those pussy monitor jockeys that pretend to call them self men than the women they hope to bad-mouth. Those idiots have their brains in their nads ... which are about the size of pinenuts. The nastier they are to women, the more nadless they become. They should get to the fuckin' gym. Maybe those teensy little nads will drop. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.4.9  cobaltblue  replied to  cobaltblue @2.4.8    6 years ago
them self

Hey! Who put the space in there?? I figure if a neanderthal has an empty space between their ears, then I can put an empty space in them self.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.4.6    6 years ago

Yup.  One poster has been saying that this was Mrs. Fords' wet dream that Kavanaugh would screw her, this is when she was 15 mind you, and when he didn't,  she did this for spite

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.4.11  Studiusbagus  replied to    6 years ago
So you admit that all she has is her "story" of what she said happened, and nothing to back it up. That's not enough to convict someone legally, and it won't work in the court of public opinion either.

Unfortunately now it seems the head hunters for judicial clerks from Yale and Harvard have opened up about referring candidates for clerking for judges and both said Kavanaugh has a requirement that his clerks have "model looks".

Before you even ask me for a link ( which there is) you can go back and provide the requested links to your comments. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.4.12  Studiusbagus  replied to  cobaltblue @2.4.8    6 years ago

"Bitch" has already rolled off wally's keyboard on this.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

"Trump Attacks."  That is all he's ever done.  Always to protect himself.  And now on this new stage, always to protect his autocratic tendencies.  Kavanaugh wants to 'the grocery clerk' for the autocratic deep state of wealth.

Ford deserves The Medal of Honor.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    6 years ago

Trump attacking a victim? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, really? I am so shocked!!!!

/sarc

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    6 years ago

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
6.1  cobaltblue  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

I love you, Mr. Frost. Dang that no-doubt intellectually superior Mrs. Frost. Smart woman, landing you. Those beautiful, smart, funny, loyal and loving brides ruin it for me. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  cobaltblue @6.1    6 years ago
I love you, Mr. Frost. Dang that no-doubt intellectually superior Mrs. Frost. Smart woman, landing you

She is a good woman, love of my life. hard working and yes, very smart. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

Bullshit Trump never said this and should be removed for being a blatant Lie.

As usual the left can't meme without lying.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2    6 years ago

jrSmiley_52_smiley_image.gif They're posting the truth about Rump and I don't like it.  Mommy make them stop!!!!!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2    6 years ago

I don't think meme means what you think it means.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
6.2.3  cobaltblue  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2    6 years ago
Bullshit Trump never said this and should be removed for being a blatant Lie

You're offended by this and you're not offended by how many times the Incester-In-Chief has talked lasciviously about his own daughter?? He's admitted he'd like to fuck her. And your offended by THIS????

And don't give me "he said he'd like to date her, not fuck her" bullshit. He's disgusting and you know it. And you're offended by the 'falsity' of a meme. What a laugh. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2    6 years ago

Tissue?

But here, just for you, a direct quote...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2    6 years ago

They literally make things up. It's really sad. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.4    6 years ago

Besides the most offensive parts of Trump sexist statement, how exactly does one "move on her like a bitch"? Is Trump saying he's the one acting like a bitch as he moves on her? Is he saying he moved on her like he would a bitch? Is there a different move used on bitches? Why are the women who support Trump not offended by this statement?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.7  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.4    6 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Why would you post this?

It discredits what you said that Trump grabbed women by the pussy.

Unless you have a hard time with reading comprehension.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The left can't meme.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.8  KDMichigan  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.2.2    6 years ago
I don't think

You could have stopped right there and made your most truthful statement ever.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.9  KDMichigan  replied to  cobaltblue @6.2.3    6 years ago
He's admitted he'd like to fuck her

And Christine Ford wanted to suck Judge and Kavanaugh off and they told her no so she made up a rape story.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.10  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.2.6    6 years ago
how exactly does one "move on her like a bitch"?

It's a good question... He is calling himself a bitch....tough to dispute him on that. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.11  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2.7    6 years ago
Unless you have a hard time with reading comprehension.

So trump never said that? You sure? LOL 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.12  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.11    6 years ago
So trump never said that? You sure? LOL 

Maybe that is why a lot of people are coming out on the #METOO movement because it means if you would date some one that you are entitled to a fuck according to the Harvey Weinstein type Democrats.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7  Rmando    6 years ago

Gee, you'd think Dr Ford would be anxious to set the record straight and tell her story. Looks like she's in no hurry.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7    6 years ago
Gee, you'd think Dr Ford would be anxious to set the record straight and tell her story. Looks like she's in no hurry.

Gee, I would say she is in a hurry but, she isn't willing to walk into a hearing were she will be Anita Hilled.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
so we'll have the accused speak first, then we'll hear from the accuser.

Not until Dr. Ford's requests are met.

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.1.3  GregTx  replied to    6 years ago

Right? Apparently in this comic book alternate reality of America, that makes perfect sense.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.4  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1    6 years ago

"Anita Hilled"?

You mean like be asked questions and give details and stuff like that?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7.1.4    6 years ago
You mean like be asked questions and give details and stuff like that?

No, I mean bullied like Anita Hill was,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
You do understand she wants his defense first, and then she will attack him? And he will have no rebuttal?

So, it should be the other way around? She is going to be attacked by the Republicans on the committee just like Anita Hill was, in fact two of the Republicans who were on the committee when Anita Hill was interrogated, yes, I used the word interrogated because that is what it was. Dr. Ford will be interrogated by the Republicans on the committee so, you want her to be slandered by Kavanaugh as well, kind of a double whammy on her, just to make sure her reputation is not only in tatters but, is no longer existent.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @7    6 years ago
Looks like she's in no hurry.

No reason she should be, the GOP sure wasn't in a hurry to replace Scalia. So no problem right? 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.2.1  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @7.2    6 years ago

Just like Feinstein wasn't in a hurry to turn over her letter to the FBI or Chuck Grassley so this whole mess could've been handled privately without any games.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @7.2.1    6 years ago
Just like Feinstein wasn't in a hurry to turn over her letter to the FBI o

Exactly! See? Stalling worked fine for the right, so why can't the left do the EXACT same thing? Fair is fair.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7.2.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Rmando @7.2.1    6 years ago

The only time the right doesn't like "games" is when they aren't winning.

That's why we have Gorsuch.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Studiusbagus @7.2.3    6 years ago

By my count, the GOP has another 13 months of gfy coming on Kavanaugh.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.2.5  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @7.2.2    6 years ago

Republicans were following advice laid out by Joe Biden, the vp at the time Garland was nominated. Even liberals are criticizing Feinstein for her lack of ethics. But thanks for playing another round of "Whataboutism".

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @7.2.5    6 years ago

The problem is that there was no one up for nomination when Biden made his statement. Even if there was, you are now admitting you agree with Biden? Cool, I am sure he can count on your vote then. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.2.7  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @7.2.6    6 years ago

I wouldn't vote for a guy who has so many photos out there of him touching uncomfortable looking women.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
10  Rmando    6 years ago

So picking a side is the same as "assaulting" somebody? By that definition Obama assaulted Bernie Sanders, George Zimmerman, Darren Wilson, the Benghazi mothers, the Cambridge police dept, etc....