╌>

After Its Kavanaugh Loss, The Left Gets Even More Unhinged

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  6 years ago  •  42 comments

After Its Kavanaugh Loss, The Left Gets Even More Unhinged
Democrats have: Attacked the Senate as an undemocratic institution. Questioned the legitimacy of the Supreme Court. Attacked the Constitution. Eagerly talked about packing the Supreme Court with liberal justices. Called for still more aggressive tactics against "enemies" on the right. Remained silent about calls to murder and mayhem from their own ranks.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Civility: Anyone who hoped that cooler heads would prevail after the Democrats lost their full-scale war against Justice Brett Kavanaugh was soon disappointed.  Instead, the left has doubled down, trashing every institution they say contributed to their loss.

X

In just the few days since Kavanaugh joined his eight other colleagues on the Supreme Court, liberal journalists, pundits and leading Democrats have:

• Attacked the Senate as an undemocratic institution.
  • Questioned the legitimacy of the Supreme Court.
  • Attacked the Constitution.
  • Eagerly talked about packing the Supreme Court with liberal justices.
  • Called for still more aggressive tactics against "enemies" on the right.
  • Remained silent about calls to murder and mayhem from their own ranks.

Shortly after Kavanaugh's confirmation, the talk on the left immediately switched to how the country's own institutions had failed.

Kavanaugh Appointment 'Undemocratic'?

They complained about the Electoral College, because Trump won with a minority of the popular vote. If Hillary Clinton were president, Kavanaugh would never have been named.

They attacked the Senate as undemocratic, because each state gets the same number of Senators, no matter how big or small their population. So Senators from small conservative states helped put Kavanaugh on the bench, despite opposition from big liberal states.

As NBC reporter Ken Dilanian put it in a tweet: "the idea that North Dakota and New York get the same representation in the Senate has to change."

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell went even further. He charges that:"The Senate is now deeply undemocratic and getting worse every single day." He called it "an unfixable crime against democracy."

The leftist ThinkProgress called the Senate "an immoral, anti-democratic institution."

Michael Tomasky, writing in the New York Times, said that Kavanaugh's confirmation not only exposed fatal flaws in the Senate, but created "a severe legitimacy crisis for the Supreme Court."

The Washington Post's Anne Applebaum darkly observed that "Americans are living under the rule of a minority" — as though the U.S. had suddenly turned into apartheid South Africa.

Packing the Court

When not blaming the nation's Founders for adding "quirks" to the Constitution like the Electoral College and the two-Senator-per-state rule, the left is now openly endorsing the idea of packing the Court with liberals by adding extra seats. (As though this would add legitimacy to the court.)

Never mind that the last time a Democratic president tried this — FDR in the late 1930s — it failed miserably and was a stain on his presidency.

Meanwhile, leading Democrats continue to egg on the fringes of their party with increasingly violent-infused rhetoric.

On CNN this week, Hillary Clinton declared that "you cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for."

Former Attorney General Eric Holder advised Democrats that "when they go low, we kick them."

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told supporters in a fundraising email that Democrats had to "make Republicans pay" for Kavanaugh. And another liberal group talked about how a "day of reckoning is coming for Republicans."

At the same time, Democrats have been silent about calls to violence — even murder — from their own ranks. In fact, their only real complaint is the Republicans' use of the term "mob" to describe the left's angry, violent mobs.

Sore Losers

So, let's sum up. Democrats are tearing down several institutions of the U.S. government, including the Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Constitution.  And they're tacitly endorsing violent actions.

And for what? Because one seat on the Supreme Court shifted slightly to the right?

When it comes to being sore losers, it doesn't get much worse than this. But this isn't a Little   League  game. The left's childish, inflamed rhetoric threatens to do real, lasting damage to the country.

Here's an idea no one in the Democratic ranks seems to have considered: Act like grownups. Shake off this loss. Move on.

And above all, show some respect for the institutions that make American great.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“Sore Losers

So, let's sum up. Democrats are tearing down several institutions of the U.S. government, including the Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Constitution.  And they're tacitly endorsing violent actions.

And for what? Because one seat on the Supreme Court shifted slightly to the right?

When it comes to being sore losers, it doesn't get much worse than this. But this isn't a Little   League  game. The left's childish, inflamed rhetoric threatens to do real, lasting damage to the country.

Here's an idea no one in the Democratic ranks seems to have considered: Act like grownups. Shake off this loss. Move on.”

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2  arkpdx    6 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    6 years ago

'Unhinged?'

Yeah.  Butt boy one in MAGA hat and butt boy two at the WH today with the cameras rolling.

Don't matter.  When the conservatives take away the birth control------------------They'll need their arse covered when they take out the trash.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago
'Unhinged?'

Yea, apparently Kavanaugh is now a 'leftist'. If he got any more unhinged during the hearings he would have popped a blood vessel in his head... Maybe he had the DT's. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
3.2  96WS6  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago

It's not unhinged anymore, now its' angy mob.  Way to unwittingly point it out.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago
When the conservatives take away the birth control

Prove they are trying to do that.  I won't hold my breath while you try finding facts to back up your assertion. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @3.3    6 years ago

I’m curious as to what is the nature of the veiled threat against us as to why we’d need cover to take out the trash?   

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @3.3    6 years ago

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch dissents, opinions and writings.  Two votes on the court. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @3.3.2    6 years ago

Yes.  Two of five.  Soon to be more. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

Nice website, one pop up after another trying to force their retarded spam content. Who wrote this POS article anyway? The site doesn't say...

In any case, don't click the link, it just spams you and likely has malware in it's content. Also, investors.com is a known far right wing fake news site. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

It is a nice web site.  I try to follow some of their financial advice.  And no, it’s not a fake news site.  If it were you’d have posted the MBFC rating and begged SP to lock the seed as per usual. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
7  Cerenkov    6 years ago

Good article. The left is actively undermining our nation with this behavior. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @7    6 years ago

That’s the way it is.  With them it’s rule or ruin and since they aren’t going to rule anytime soon.....

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Cerenkov @7    6 years ago

Yawn. Is the big picture that hard to see? 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.2.2  Nowhere Man  replied to    6 years ago

And it's all part and parcel of the "Mountain of Trash" campaign, they actually announced that they were going to then and forever more campaign on hate and only hate....

Hasn't quit since T-Rump's nomination.

Makes for great destruction, their own...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Thrawn 31  replied to    6 years ago

Lol yeah, keep telling yourself that while I keep filling my bank accounts.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.2    6 years ago

No.  The fact that the democrat party had colluded with the Russians and lost anyway and now they are threatening a resort to physical violence against their opposition in government and its supporters in the general population is clear for all to see.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
7.2.5  Cerenkov  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.2.3    6 years ago

Yeah, Trump's economy is pretty good.

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.6  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.4    6 years ago

I really think that it's time that y'all decide whether the Democratic Party is peopled with triggered snowflakes or violent anarchists. You really can't have it both ways. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @7.2.6    6 years ago

Actually both can and do exist in that party.  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
7.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.7    6 years ago
Actually both can and do exist in that party.

Xx I agree but I know conservative people who I would also put in both of those categories as well. At once.

snowflakes or violent anarchists

I have one good really conservative minded friend of over 20 years. I’ll admit he has a drinking problem but man he can sure be a snowflake, butt- hurt, whining, card holding victim pulling, Hard-ass who steadfastly and constantly defends the constitution, trump, the republican party and he certainly advocates for them to have having full control of the country and its inhabitants including using the military if necessary.

Talk about personal control, do you not think I as an independent has not had to have much control with dealing with this man. LOL

I do enjoy a challenge !!!  (Dan and I are VERY Different idiocy and personality wise) But, IMO: We are both good people at heart and we would and have helped each other in various ways throughout the years.

Dan and myself have traits in common and treat each other for the most part very respectfully. Considering his alcoholism though to be honest I take the lead in keeping this friendship alive. Also considering this man has one hell of a time keeping a job, mainly because of his Hard-ass manner and his IMO: lack of personal communication skills (My assessment) (after 20 years of friendship though I’d say I know him pretty damn well)  Its always someone else’s fault he can’t hold the job.

So Xx to limit the type definition of those two unliked categories to only progressives or democrats or liberals  IMO: is untrue.

To each their own

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.9  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.7    6 years ago

Be afraid, be very afraid...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @7.2.9    6 years ago

I’m not.  Have no reason to be where I live.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.11  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.10    6 years ago

That's funny XX because you have previously decried that 3 out of 5 of your city council are Democrats. You've admitted that your county is a drag on the economy so you SHOULD be afraid that the 'secular elites' will decide to cut you slackers off. After all, you've stated ad nauseam that you have nothing but contempt for them and intend to cost them MORE every year. 

Perhaps the CA legislature should pass an 'emergency manager' provision so that they can do Redding what Michigan did to Flint...

BTFW, the FACT that you admit that you aren't afraid refutes a vast majority of the hyperbolic BS that you've posted in this forum about the state of your STATE. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @7.2.11    6 years ago

If we had district elections for city council like we used to there would be no democrats on it. Now that we have to elect all five city wide three and two every two years it’s assured we will always have one of the three and sometimes one of the two.  As to the state, we are remote enough from the coastal urban areas to be able to mostly live on our own at the county and city level.  We have no fear of Antifa showing up here.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.13  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.12    6 years ago
If we had district elections for city council like we used to there would be no democrats on it. Now that we have to elect all five city wide three and two every two years it’s assured we will always have one of the three and sometimes one of the two.  

You tout that your brethren are the majority in your 'conservative dystopia' yet the majority enacted the statute that caused Democrats to be the majority on your city council. Your BS just doesn't add up Xx, it never has. 

As to the state, we are remote enough from the coastal urban areas to be able to mostly live on our own at the county and city level.  

Did you forget that you touted the investments that the taxpayers of the 'coastal urban areas' are making in your county despite the FACT that your county isn't self sufficient? Would you like me to post a link to your comments about that? 

You wouldn't contradict yourself so often is you just told the truth. 

We have no fear of Antifa showing up here.  

WTF does Antifa have to do with it? They sure as hell aren't mentioned in your seed. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @7.2.13    6 years ago

The majority here are conservative.  66% Trump to 29% Hillary with the rest to 3rd party candidates in 2016 with the 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 elections relatively similar in outcome.  The state of California costs us far more in tax and regulation costs than it spends on us.  It is our quite real dystopia.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.15  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.2.14    6 years ago
The majority here are conservative.  66% Trump to 29% Hillary with the rest to 3rd party candidates in 2016 with the 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 elections relatively similar in outcome.  

Yet you STILL have a majority Democratic city council and your county can't get enough signature to get a vote on a State of Jefferson referendum. 

The state of California costs us far more in tax and regulation costs than it spends on us.

That's NOT what you said before. You thumped your chest about how much the State was spending on your county courthouse and such. You were so proud of how much you were costing the state...

When you tell the truth you don't have to worry about contradicting yourself. 

It is our quite real dystopia.  

I thought you LIKED where you live. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @7.2.15    6 years ago

I love the local region I’m in and despise the state it is currently a part of and its coastal urban population.