Trump clashes with 'rude, terrible person' Jim Acosta of CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  46 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   David Knowles   30 minutes ago  

dc6a5484a1614aff3c8456182bf0ad81
President Trump speaks during a news conference in the East Room of the White House on Wednesday. (Photo: AP/Evan Vucci)

In his first press conference since   Republicans   lost control of the House of Representatives, President Trump clashed with what he called “a hostile media,” including a heated back and forth with CNN reporter Jim Acosta.

Acosta began by challenging Trump’s assertion that a caravan of Central American migrants making its way on foot through Mexico to the U.S. border represented an “invasion.”

“I consider it to be an invasion,” Trump responded.

Acosta accused the president of attempting to frighten voters ahead of the midterms with ads depicting the migrant caravan as invaders.

“I think you should let me run the country. You run CNN, and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better,” Trump scolded Acosta.

Acosta then attempted to ask a follow-up question, only to be told by the president, “That’s enough.”

Acosta persisted. Trump repeated, “That’s enough!” and attempted to call on another reporter, all the while becoming more impatient.

“Mr. President, I have one other question on the Russia investigation. Are you concerned that you may have-”

Trump interrupted Acosta. “I’m not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it’s a hoax. That’s enough. Put down the mic,” he said, stepping away from the podium in apparent frustration.

67a2a1332c409e8a0e5cd7ee19c806a8
A White House staff member steps in to try to take the microphone away from CNN’s Jim Acosta as he questions U.S. President Donald Trump during a news conference following Tuesday’s midterm U.S. congressional elections at the White House in Washington, Nov. 7, 2018. (Photo: Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

“I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them,” he said. “You are are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN. You’re a very rude person. The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is horrible, and the way you treat other people are horrible. You shouldn’t treat people that way.”

Wednesday’s event, which began with the president framing Tuesday’s election results as a victory for himself and the Republican party, was Trump’s first planned, open-ended press conference at the White House since February 2017, and only the second since he took office.

When Trump moved on to NBC’s Peter Alexander, the reporter defended Acosta, calling the president’s description of him “unfair.”

“Well, I’m not a big fan of yours either,” Trump quipped, adding, “You aren’t the best.”

That brought Acosta to his feet again.

“Just sit down, please,” Trump told Acosta, who asked the president off mic about his description of the media as “the enemy of the people.”

“Well, when you report fake news — no, when you report fake news, which CNN does a lot — you are the enemy of the people,” a fuming Trump said before wandering away from the podium again.

As more clashes with reporters followed, Trump, exasperated but energized, summed up what is sure to be repeated at the rallies where chants of “CNN sucks!” have become a favorite chorus.

“It’s such a hostile media. It’s so sad,” Trump said.

b192d97b03b350acb820130293b727cf
President Trump answers a question from Jim Acosta of CNN after giving remarks a day after the midterm elections on Wednesday in the East Room of the White House. (Photo: Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

_____

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

“I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them,” he said. “You are are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN. You’re a very rude person. The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is horrible, and the way you treat other people are horrible. You shouldn’t treat people that way.”

Shouldn't treat them what way?  Not ask questions?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago
and the way you treat other people are horrible.

Not that he would have the guts to do it, he should take a long unbiased look in the mirror. He has NO room to talk about others being rude or how they treat people. He himself is one of the worst.

He is a perfect example of what a President of the United States should NOT be.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1    6 years ago

I don't why he demands respect when he doesn't give any to others

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    6 years ago

The only one he gives respect to is the reflection in his own mirror. However, his own actions and words show little respect for himself more than others. He is simply too ignorant and arrogant to realize it. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.3  epistte  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    6 years ago

He is exhibiting the prototypical narcissistic behavior.  The press is viewed as a threat to his power and he will not tolerate it.  He wants to answer softball questions that make him look good. Critical questions are not permitted.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @1.1.3    6 years ago

Watching the disgraceful Acosta and the other scumbags who call themselves “journalists” made me so angry I wanted to punch out Acosta. Instead I turned it off

the President displayed far more class and patience than those scumbags deserve

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.4    6 years ago

Pastor(?)?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

Your mistake of using 'lowest common detonator' rather than 'denominator' is hilarious.  He is no victim here.  He's not attacked every day FFS.  He is 'president ' and sure doesn't act like one 

Rump is the lowest common detonator.   LOL!

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.9  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    6 years ago
Pastor(?)?

I must have missed the gospel where Jesus called people scumbags. It's probably in the Ayn Rand edition. 

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.11  lib50  replied to    6 years ago

Remember those days when Trump lied about Obama every time he spoke?  Wanted a birth certificate after it was already released?   Remember how he calls everyone who doesn't stick their nose up his ass 'disgusting bad people'?   Remember the disrespect given to Obama by Fox and the gop every day, in and out of congress?  Remember Benghazi, those multiple investigations that went on for years?  Why do conservatives run from what they dish out, literally every day?  WTF?  Sit back and enjoy.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.12  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @1.1.9    6 years ago

[deleted]

[Members] are not [allowed] to [proselytize] on the [site.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

I never agreed that he was the president - he's the 'president'.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

The irony of Trump calling any one rude is beyond hilarious.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @2    6 years ago

Ain't that the truth! If it weren't for his being obnoxiously rude, telling endless lies, bullying people, being a racist, and supporting white supremacists, his base would have nothing to do with him. 

DocPhil
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  DocPhil  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1    6 years ago

Isn't it a hoot that the president can't even get through a press conference after election day without attacking the press. The press is hostile because the president is arrogant, rude, and not forthcoming to them. The war against the press is this president's favorite pass time. It was also a bit of a false flag to cover his firing of Sessions.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.1    6 years ago
It was also a bit of a false flag to cover his firing of Sessions.

Indeed, Sessions was fired. Even though it is more than obvious that Trump kicked him out, Sessions said that he resigned at Trump's request. Putting it squarely in Trumps lap, which I am sure Trump will have Sessions pay for down the road, as I think it was supposed to look like Sessions willingly resigned to save Trump's a$$.

I can just see Trump doing his best Mussolini pompous strut around the WH now that he has control of the DOJ, and feels totally untouchable by anyone. 

But....ugh......this guy has his number... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXcIlb2yif2kTE6PCAFmo

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.3  epistte  replied to  DocPhil @2.1.1    6 years ago
Isn't it a hoot that the president can't even get through a press conference after election day without attacking the press. The press is hostile because the president is arrogant, rude, and not forthcoming to them. The war against the press is this president's favorite pass time. It was also a bit of a false flag to cover his firing of Sessions.

The guarantee of a free and open press is a threat to a dictator. That is why they have state-run news agencies that are more propaganda machines than news sources for the truth. 

Trump has exhibited almost all of the 14 points of fascism,

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  epistte @2.1.3    6 years ago

Typical leftist nonsense. You leftists keep proving daily why we are fed up with your nonsense

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.5  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.4    6 years ago
Typical leftist nonsense. You leftists keep proving daily why we are fed up with your nonsense

Yesterday you claimed that critical thinking was your forte, so is this what you were referring to?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @2    6 years ago

It is one big kettle/pot.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4  Raven Wing    6 years ago
“It’s such a hostile media. It’s so sad,” Trump said.

And Trump is such a hostile person. It's so sad. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

I caught a tiny bit of this press conference at lunch today. It was a rambling mess and he couldn't help but congratulate himself on the republican wins. He also mocked the republicans that lost their elections and said "they should have embraced me". He was especially cruel to Mia Love, the congresswoman from Utah. "She showed me no love, I showed no love back"

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @5    6 years ago
He was especially cruel to Mia Love, the congresswoman from Utah. "She showed me no love, I showed no love back"

But, but I keep hearing from the RW'ers now much the right embraces the minority community....What happened!!!!! Under the bus with another supporter....LOLOL

Trump seems to have forgotten how many trips he made to Montana to try to destroy John Tester and what happened, Tester won his third term in the senate...Oh, and then there is Kansas another blind sport for Trump.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @5.1    6 years ago
another blind sport for Trump.

I guess the loser didn't embraced him enough. (grin)

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    6 years ago

Sarah Sanders is a lying POS......

Sarah Sanders accused of circulating 'doctored' video of Jim Acosta’s interaction with White House intern

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @7    6 years ago

I heard that some former FBI agents advised Acosta that that's libel

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    6 years ago

Sure sounds libelous to me.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    6 years ago

I would think so if the video was doctored to make it look like Acosta assaulted her