╌>

"Stupid is as Stupid Does" _ Mama Gump

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  80 comments

"Stupid is as Stupid Does" _ Mama Gump

This senior citizen admittedly isn’t as sharp as he once was … and, it seems to me that certain phenomena defy understanding …  particularly for old guys like myself .

F’instance …

Lots of folks my age move, or, consider moving, to the State of Florida. In the recent midterm elections there, while voter turnout rates typically drop from about 75 percent in presidential years to around 50 percent in off years … there was less of a drop among the older, white voters who tend to vote Republican. And why should a Philly guy like me (Florida-bound or not), care one-way or another about that?

Rhetorically, it’s because how they voted down there, may well adversely affect me and other seniors … up here!

Old white Republicans in the Sunshine State recently helped elect their current Governor, Rick Scott, to the U.S. Senate. And how has Senator-elect Scott “benefitted" Florida seniors and seniors in general? Given the elderly-white-voter propensity for Republicans, I’d speculate most haven’t got a clue. So, let this old white dude educate his kindred spirit Caucasians up north, down south and in general.

Scott’s prior tenure as CEO of Columbia/HCA (roughly a decade ago), oversaw THE LARGEST INCIDENT OF MEDICARE FRAUD IN THE HISTORY OF MEDICARE … his hospital company being fined $1.7 billion! And, in January, Scott will join Senate Majority Leader, Republican, Mitch McConnell, in  McConnell’s stated intention to go " gunning for Social Security, Medicare and Obamacare,”  to do   that in order to help close the federal deficit created by the Republican tax breaks for the wealthy!

Makes me wonder if it’s a good idea for people my age to enter the voting booth unassisted.

UPDATE: And now, elderly white folks in Mississippi showed their "true color" by helping elect known segregationist and advocate of suppressing the black vote, Cindy Hyde Smith! She too  will join Senate Majority Leader, Republican, Mitch McConnell, in  McConnell’s stated intention to go " gunning for Social Security, Medicare and Obamacare,”  to do   that in order to help close the federal deficit created by the Republican tax breaks for the wealthy!

When low-information folks keep voting against their own health and economic interests … then blame minorities and immigrants for life not turning out the way you had hoped … 

original

And, my two cents (via editorial imagery)

original

original

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

I expect a number of comments that validate Mrs. Gump's words-of-wisdom … I will let them speak for themselves and their authors and likely not comment.

Enjoy the editorial imagery … and consider that a taunt might generate more imagery yet.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

Well, I have no clue why Florida votes the way they do, but Mississippi is one of those redneck states where "God, Gays, and Guns" are their election issues. I know this because I live right next in Arkansas and they are no different here.

"Dem godless gays are gonna take our guns away!"

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

Three states I would never willingly live in are California,  Mississippi, and Florida for sheer hate, bigotry, and hypocrisy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    6 years ago

Hey Doc your excluding Arizona which fits all three of your criteria....jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.3.1    6 years ago

Not even close dude! I'll take Arizona any day.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.2    6 years ago

Oh, very close Doc....Take off the blinders.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.3.3    6 years ago

You first...

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.4    6 years ago

I have already, having lived in CA and FL (presently) and have relatives and friends in AZ. plus the fact that I have spent a lot of time there on business and with friends in the various tribes in AZ. It gives me a pretty good lay of the land there. 

Your turn

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.3.5    6 years ago

Ever lived in Texas?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.6    6 years ago
Ever lived in Texas?

Yes, twice both times in the DFW area. Traveled to Houston, SA and EP fairly often since we had operation in those cities. 

The last 5 years I've spent January, February and March in Port Aransas, though now living in Florida I won't be doing that again.

These are the states that I've lived in. MN, CA. both north and south, WA, NV, TX, MO, FL, plus a couple of countries other than the U.S.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.3.7    6 years ago

You're quite the traveler.

I lived in Lubbock, TX for 6 years. It wasn't the end of the world, but I could see it from there.

Most unique place I ever lived was North Pole, Alaska. Not only for the name, but because there was actually a totem pole at the apartment complex I lived in and we lived right on a fault line. I loved it there, but I'm too old for that kind of cold now

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.8    6 years ago

The only good thing that I can say about Lubbock is that Buddy Holly came from there. 

Back in the day (probably before you were born) we were supplying the pipe line in Alaska. Had quite a few trips there over the years. I can tell you a story about being in a CY yard for Sealand in Anchorage checking reefer (refrigerated) containers to see they they were staying cold..It was frickin February...LOL....

When this long black Caddy pulled up and the guy rolled down the window and asked me what I was doing. I said ''WTF does it look like'' and he replied ''checking frozen fish, kinda dumb at -5''...

His name was Harry Bridges, a living legend in the shipping business. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.8    6 years ago

Does this look familiar, Trout.

Santa-Claus-House-07.jpg?m=1396996234

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.3.10    6 years ago

Oh, yeah. I lived about a mile from that place after I got married. We could see the lights from our apartment complex.

The first day I arrived in Alaska, I was met at the airport by my supervisor. His friend, who also worked in the clinic, was a pilot and he flew us from Fairbanks to the base. He flew low over the Santa Claus house so I could get a good, first look. That was cool

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @1.3.5    6 years ago

I have lived in CA, FL, and have friends in MS. I currently live in Cochise County in SE AZ right on the border. I probably have a better lay of the land than you. Except for the 20 years I spent in the military, I have lived here all my life. It's not perfect I'll grant you but I would rather live here than anywhere else. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.12    6 years ago

No where is perfect Doc...Are you near Bisbee or Sierra Vista?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Unfortunately, there are haters of all races, religions and demographics in every state and country ... there is a mentality exploited by power brokers, be they in politics or religion, or, in the entities of “victimhood” whereby they demagogue and scapegoat boogie men they curse as “the others,” “the different,” the people not like ourselves.”

Pandering to hatred has been in business forever ... and the vulnerable are played ... even as it hurts them significantly.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.1  Larry Hampton  replied to  A. Macarthur @2    6 years ago

Great post Mac....gonna save that one.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Larry Hampton @2.1    6 years ago
gonna save that one.
I am flattered … thanks, Larry.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    6 years ago

With age comes wisdom. I’m just glad they tend not to vote for Democrats. What they believe to be in their best interest is usually the opposite of what the leftist believes is his best interest. These are the people that made this such a great place to live and work. Many of them favor individualism over collectivism and I get it. The last few days I’ve been down here in the Naples, Fl area and admire many of the fine older Republicans I’ve been talking to. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    6 years ago

Dean,

I am curious as to what you specifically think Republicans want for their constituents thatDemocrats do not want.

Please, be specific.

And by the way, I did not wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving in Private notes ... my oversight ... so, belated.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1    6 years ago

They want them to be able to retain a greater portion of their earnings. They want them to be able to protect themselves with fewer restrictions on their weapons of choice. They tend to believe the one who brings a child into the world should be responsible for the cost of the child including the cost of higher education. They tend to be less supportive of the unions which I believe have been doing more harm than good the last sixty years. They tend to be less supportive of welfare for immigrants that entice the poor to migrate here for government benefits. They believe the individual should be responsible for the cost of his healthcare rather than the collective. 

Happy Holidays to you as well. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1.1    6 years ago
They want them to be able to retain a greater portion of their earnings.
Then why give 83% of the Republican Tax Break to the wealthiest Americans?

The Republican tax bill got worse: now the top 1% gets 83% of the gains

In its last year, the bill raises taxes on more than 53 percent of Americans.

They want them to be able to protect themselves with fewer restrictions on their weapons of choice.
Most gun deaths/injuries are inflicted upon family members of the gun owner …
It is much less likely that any family member in a domestic dispute will be killed if there is no gun present.  So, in order to protect against a minuscule chance of home invasion, one takes a relatively much higher chance of killing a loved one in a domestic dispute by keeping a gun in the house.  Of course, everyone should be free to measure and evaluate these risks according to their personal circumstances, and that is the status quo.
They tend to believe the one who brings a child into the world should be responsible for the cost of the child including the cost of higher education.
Partly agree; an educated populace is beneficial in many respects.

Founding Fathers agreed: Funding public education is not a debate

Two of our greatest Founding Fathers, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, were fierce political adversaries. But in the first years of our nation, these rivals — with vastly different backgrounds and disparate political views — shared common ground. They both believed in the importance of funding public education.

They tend to be less supportive of the unions which I believe have been doing more harm than good the last sixty years.
The reality; as union membership declines, so generally do the wages of all workers, union or non-union.
original
They tend to be less supportive of welfare for immigrants that entice the poor to migrate here for government benefits.

No, Undocumented Immigrants Aren’t Stealing Your Benefits

But they DO help pay for yours.
11/21/2017 10:23 am ET   Updated   Nov 21, 2017

One of the most effective ploys by those attempting to vilify undocumented immigrants is to assert that those immigrants are stealing benefits from Americans. Donald Trump has deployed this falsehood on multiple occasions both in his speeches and on Twitter long before becoming president. It’s an insinuation quite divorced from reality.

CLAIM: Undocumented immigrants in the United States receive a job, a driver's license, food stamps, health care, housing, education, a "tax-free business for seven years," and "child benefits."

Rating

rating-mostly-false.png
Mostly False 

What's True

Undocumented immigrants are entitled to public education in most parts of the United States.

What's False

Undocumented immigrants are not entitled to most of the government benefits afforded to United States citizens, particularly when it comes to health care and housing. Far from getting a "tax free business," undocumented immigrants pay taxes, mostly without benefitting from the programs they help fund.

They believe the individual should be responsible for the cost of his healthcare rather than the collective. 
What can I say, Dean?
original
The low-information-voter-Fox-News-miseducated-know-nothing is willingly duped because, IMO, of the pandering to "white-resentment" by Republican politicians. It's not the poor and the immigrants that take their jobs … it's robots and outsourcing … and, I will concede, that corporate farms (Republican-supporters) INSOURCE CHEAP ILLEGAL LABOR.
Good debate, Dean! Thank you.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    6 years ago

Espy actually did a lot better than I thought he would. It was something like 53% to 46%.

Sadly he had some baggage. Even thought he was found not guilty of accepting illegal gifts, a lot of people just believe him corrupt and tied him to the Clintons.

I know people that were/are decent people yet now their politics have gone off the rails. I have one friend (don't see anymore) that went nuts watching fox news all the time.

We had a Dem US house congressman for years and sadly he was ousted during the tea party rise during Obama's term. The coastal counties use to be blue but changed to red. And yeas, racism has a lot to do with it.

Edit: My Mama once told me (no joke) that getting stoned was better than drinking.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5  Steve Ott    6 years ago

"If you're young and not a Democrat, you have no heart. If you're old and not a Republican, you have no money." I suppose all the old money has gone to Florida.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Steve Ott @5    6 years ago

If you want to live like a Republican … vote Democrat!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Kavika just moved to Florida - somehow I don't think he'll vote Republican.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Always respected his intelligence.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

A PRE-GLOAT NOTE: I won't go down "Memory Lane" and resurrect all my comments as to Trump's indiscretions and my predictions regarding indictments, impeachment or Resignation in Disgrace … outcomes that might well have transpired were it not for Congressional Trump-pimps and whores (i.e. Deven Nunes) … BUT I AM DOUBLING DOWN ON ALL OF IT!

Possibly, in deference to a COALITION of the DECENT … by Christmas of 2018 … we may have a gift or two under the metaphorical "tree." Everyday, Trump inadvertently, likely in panic, indicts himself by essentially confessing to one or more misdeeds.

As I type, I'm watching Trump run his mouth to the press … sounding like a guilty adolescent.

MY TWO CENTS … feel free to disagree but do so with specifics, not ad hominem commentary.

And do watch the news later today and see what I'm seeing now … in the event you want to see it in full … watch on some outlet other than Fox … 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @9    6 years ago

Is this what we should be watching for?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
9.2  Larry Hampton  replied to  A. Macarthur @9    6 years ago

Trump Presidency:

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

THIS!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @10    6 years ago

talk about doubling down....

He was allowed to do anything he wanted during the campaign????

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1    6 years ago
He was allowed to do anything he wanted during the campaign????

Actually, not so. 

Federal law makes it a crime for any person to "solicit, accept or receive" a contribution or "anything of value" from a foreign person for a U.S. political campaign or "for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office."

That includes interference in the election via hacked e-mails, etc. .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @10.1.1    6 years ago

Yes, Amac, I know that, I was being a facetious little horse's ass. :)

But thank you

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10.1.3  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.2    6 years ago

I knew you were aware of the law … I posted the law for those who may not have known … that was on me, not you.

Sorry.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  A. Macarthur @10.1.1    6 years ago

Didn't one of Trump's sons try to get support from a British MP?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10.1.5  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.4    6 years ago

'Donald Trump' emails British MP asking for money - receives 'warm hope' his 'repugnant' campaign will fail

MrFrost
Professor Guide
10.2  MrFrost  replied to  A. Macarthur @10    6 years ago

But trump kept him on for 16 years... Weird. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  MrFrost @10.2    6 years ago

He hires the best people.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

IMO, a Trump pardon of Manafort is ultimately unlikely; such a pardon would not be politically smart if conferred prior to the 2020 POTUS election.

That would put Manafort in prison for at least two years with the prospect that Trump could lose in 2020, or, be indicted/impeached before then … thus, no pardon ever! Therefore, Manafort might well have a revelation inducing him to tell all!

NOTE: Trump just cancelled his meeting with Putin citing Russian actions against the Ukraine … TRUMP IS SUDDENLY HAVING A "COME-TO-JESUS MOMENT," IMO, because he likely senses that HE'D BETTER COME CLEAN AND MAKE A NIXONESQUE DEAL TO RESIGN … BEFORE HE IS CHARGED WITH …

… Criminal Conspiracy, Obstruction of Justice, Campaign Finance Violations, Money Laundering … all kinds of shit … against his family as well.

My two cents more.

original

TELL US ABOUT IT, Johnny Olson! (I'm telling my age).

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

And now comes the shit storm beginning …

TRUMP promised Putin a $50 million condominium in a Moscow project!

Can you say "QUID-PRO-QUO" criminal conspiracy word boys and girls?

Only the beginning … (of the end, perhaps) …

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
13  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

TRUMP promised Putin a $50 million condominium in a Moscow project … PENT HOUSE to be precise.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  A. Macarthur @13    6 years ago

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
13.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.1    6 years ago

Good one!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
14  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Think about it boys and girls; Putin has known all along that Trump has been lying to Americans ... so how many ways has he blackmailed Trump at America’s expense?

Make America Great Again? Might be time to burn some hats.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

• Sold out America

• Stole the Presidency

• As the illegitimate POTUS, how legal are his two SCOTUS nominations and subsequent confirmations?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
15.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur @15    6 years ago
• Sold out America

• Stole the Presidency

• As the illegitimate POTUS, how legal are his two SCOTUS nominations and subsequent confirmations?

And still waiting for real actual proof..... {chuckle}

But I know, we don't need proof when we have speculation....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man @15.1    6 years ago

You apparently have not been paying attention;  the proof is at hand and Cohen’s court appearance yesterday, along with what Mueller has at last, been allowing to “leak” out, is the beginning of the end of Trump’s presidency.

And with the House going to the Democrats in January, there will be a rush of obstructors like Deven Nunes, tripping over themselves to get whatever ass-covering deals they can by copping pleas regarding complicity in selling out America.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
15.1.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur @15.1.1    6 years ago

Well I see your crystal ball is functioning....

I guess it's going to be put to the test......

We will see... still haven't seen any actual proof yet just a lot of speculation....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.3  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man @15.1    6 years ago

One need not be in the courtroom, nor, an investigation insider, to, upon learning of multiple indictments, realize that “proof” exists and, has been established!

We know this truth to be self-evident.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.4  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man @15.1.2    6 years ago

Again, one need not be in the courtroom, nor, an investigation insider, to, upon learning of multiple indictments, realize that “proof” exists and, has been established!

We know this truth to be self-evident.

Apparently you've either missed Michael Cohen's day-in-court, or, are whistling past the graveyard; Trump's criminal conspiracy with the Kremlin has now been revealed via, among other things, his offer to Putin of a $50 million pent house as part of a pursued project to build a Trump Tower in Moscow … DURING THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN!

The deal was scuttled on the same day that the hacking of the DNC e-mails hit the news. No coincidence clearly; and it is now known as to why Trump talked about ending the sanctions against Russia, that being because the Russian Bank that would have subsidized the Tower … COULD NOT HAVE DONE SO WHILE PROHIBITED UNDER THE IMPOSED SANCTIONS.

I'm not sure why your comment (and that of others) seems to have no idea of what has transpired.

Anyway, our usual lively back-and-forth!

JBB
Professor Principal
15.1.6  JBB  replied to    6 years ago

Knowing about the Russians DNC hack beforehand and not reporting it was a crime. Now we know that Trump, his entire family, his friends and nearly everyone associated with the Trump campaign knew all about it in advance and not a one of them informed US law enforcement. Then, Trump and Co tried to cover it all up so that covers espionage, election fraud, criminal conspiracy to illegally interfere in our election plus the ensuing obstruction of US justice. That is just for starters...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.8  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

Irrelevant; a quid pro quo attempt was made thus making Trump a blackmail subject by Putin.

Even an attempted crime is a crime and Federal Law forbids such pursuits whether or not they materialize. Further, Trump lied about such a pursuit and lying to the American people is an impeachable offense.

Please cease your seat of the pants, dismissive pronouncements ... your opinions are welcome in my discussions, but state them as such rather than making them incorrectly definitive.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.9  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

That is incorrect; you can maintain your opinions ... but please don’t dismissively state misinformation.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
15.1.11  Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur @15.1.4    6 years ago
I'm not sure why your comment (and that of others) seems to have no idea of what has transpired.

Probably cause we haven't seen anything in the way of proof, but we have seen a lot of rampant speculation.

Anyway, our usual lively back-and-forth!

And at this point my friend I'm backing out.....

I already see the hyperbolic victory party starting, the grave dancers warming up, and the haters making hay....

Without any real evidence of a crime being committed at all.......

And to be honest with ya, I'm not in the mood for it.......

I will say this my friend gloating doesn't become you, and what surprises me the most is it starts with so little in real facts.......

I respect you too much to join in my friend cause the verbal combat is going to get real nasty, With the current crowd here, Democratic Underground grade nasty, and I had my fill of that over there.

I will not be a party to such a display of hate here.... (especially with what I've already seen)

Anyway enjoy yourselves, it been a long time since the Left has felt this level of justification in their hate.....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.13  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

I wonder what would constitute “proof” for you ... do Cohen, Flynn, Gates and Mueller himself need to come to your door and hand you an affidavit?

Indictments, cooperation agreements, Giuliani types stating publicly that they dangled a pardon to Manafort who’s been lying to Mueller then sharing investigation information with the White House ... that’s witness tampering ... a form of Obstruction of Justice!

Trump has given his minions an insidious ploy to foist on America ... a “man behind the curtain, not so fast, bring me the witch’s broom” standard for acknowledging proof ... or ... calling all that  one doesn’t want to know, “fake news.”

After all the gloating I have seen from Trumpians since his election, the talking down, the in your face, fact free relentless repetition of many times debunked lies ... and the outright assault on the truth ... I now gloat because the emperor’s new clothes are being called for what they are ... among other things, “Fake Shoes” in which he sidesteps and tap dances around the truth!

Having had my say, because a friendship is worth more than my position and my opinions, I will, rather than go metaphorically toe to toe with a valued friend, call it a “discussion,” allow for some last words (unless they are personal insults) ... and lock it down.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.14  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  A. Macarthur @15.1.13    6 years ago

One request before lock down ... do specifically tell me at what point and in what specific manner, proof of something must be conveyed in order for it to be accepted and acknowledged.

And please, those of you who regularly spread the gospel of Trump TV ... don’t tell me you require something other than the news without explaining the logistics of the conveyancing of proof that meets your standard.

I await such clarifications.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.17  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago
Process crimes that have nothing to do with the president that is some real evidence.

Same response; at what point do you accept the realities of indictments, confessions, sentencing, etc. ?

Don't play word games with me … explain the logistics of your acceptance standard?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.18  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago
When the evidence doesn't come from a leftist propaganda news source or isn't part of a leftist fantasy but is a actual indictment .  

Oh! You mean like Fox News?

I'll ask once again … and alert you to your use of the Trumpian "Fake News" dismissive ploy and ever-evasive responses to direct questions.

Lock down at 10:00 A.M. … 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
15.1.20  author  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago
Show me a indictment then we can talk till then you are whistling pass the graveyard

The fact that you are unaware and/or think you've posted a gotcha' question tells much about Trumpian zeal-without-knowledge!

Mueller’s map: What 35 indictments and pleas tell us

Everyone Who’s Been Charged as a
Result of the Mueller Investigation

By   THE NEW YORK TIMES   UPDATED   NOV. 29, 2018

Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating possible links between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, has issued more than 100 criminal counts against 33 people and three companies. On Thursday, Michael D. Cohen, a former lawyer of Donald J. Trump,   pleaded guilty to lying to Congress   about his efforts to pursue a Trump Tower deal in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Who has been charged with crimes Charges
cohen-150.jpg
Michael D. Cohen Mr. Trump’s former lawyer Lying to Congress Pleaded guilty Nov. 29, 2018
transparent.png
Tax evasion, bank fraud, campaign finance violations* Pleaded guilty Aug. 21, 2018
papadopoulos-150.jpg
George Papadopoulos Former campaign adviser Lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with people he believed were working on behalf of Russians ( pleaded guilty   Oct. 5, 2017) Sentenced to 14 days in prison Sept. 7, 2018
patten-150.jpg
Sam Patten Lobbyist linked to Paul Manafort Failing to register to work as an agent of a foreign power* Pleaded guilty Aug. 31, 2018
manafort-150.jpg
Paul Manafort Former campaign chairman Tax and bank fraud, false statements, being an unregistered agent of a foreign principal, obstruction of justice Convicted of financial fraud Aug. 21, 2018
twelve-150.jpg
Twelve Russian intelligence officers Conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States, identity theft, conspiracy to launder money Charged July 13, 2018
silo-150.jpg
Konstantin V. Kilimnik Russian Army-trained linguist and associate of Mr. Manafort Obstruction of justice Charged June 8, 2018
zwaan-150.jpg
Alex van der Zwaan Lawyer who worked with Mr. Manafort and Mr. Gates Lying to investigators about conversations with Mr. Gates ( pleaded guilty   Feb. 20, 2018) Sentenced to 30 days in prison April 3, 2018
gates-150.jpg
Rick Gates Former campaign adviser Financial fraud and lying to the F.B.I. Pleaded guilty Feb. 23, 2018
thirteen-150.jpg
Thirteen Russian nationals and three related companies Conspiracy to defraud the U.S., conspiracy to commit bank fraud, identity theft Charged Feb. 16, 2018
pinedo-150.jpg
Richard Pinedo California man who sold bank accounts online Identity fraud Pleaded guilty Feb. 12, 2018
flynn-150.jpg
Michael T. Flynn Former national security adviser Lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with the Russian ambassador Pleaded guilty Dec. 1, 2017

You may be joined and "corroborated" on your incredulity by the "Fake News" crowd … that doesn't change reality; BUT IT'S F'N DANGEROUS TO PERPETRATE AN ORCHESTRATED ASSAULT ON TRUTH WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY ACCUSING THOSE WHO TELL IT …
… of doing what YOU are doing!
Guilty pleas are in … conservative, Norman Podhoretz just warned other conservatives that, at some point, those who continue to look the other way on Trump's many misdeeds, "will not be looked upon kindly by history" (paraphrasing).

MrFrost
Professor Guide
16  MrFrost    6 years ago

Looks to me like trump has fired, (or they quit out of disgust), all those, "best people" he claims to have hired. Good grief, Hope Hicks literally quit 6 hours after her interview with Mueller. And Cohen, who Rudy said is honorable and honest, is now a weak liar? Funny how they suddenly change their tune depending on the agenda that needs to be pushed.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  MrFrost @16    6 years ago

And all the liars before the Senate … Bannon, Kushner, Shuler, Sessions, et al Trump ass wipes … they could be charged with PERJURY … and "sing" to save their jail time!

When the "Chickens Come Home to Roost" -- A proverbial expression, half a millennium old. The older fuller form was curses are like chickens; they always come home to roost, meaning that your offensive words or actions are likely at some point to rebound on you.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
16.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur @16.1    6 years ago
When the "Chickens Come Home to Roost" -- A proverbial expression, half a millennium old. The older fuller form was curses are like chickens; they always come home to roost, meaning that your offensive words or actions are likely at some point to rebound on you.

Unless they are democrats...... then they are applauded and shielded from any real investigation.... Despite actual proven violations of the security of the nation....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16.1.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man @16.1.1    6 years ago

A Republican House, Senate and POTUS … and they can't get anything substantial from their many, many hours of so-called "investigations" … sorry … either one has the goods and is competent to run with it, or … plays to a base of gullible, low-information wishful thinkers.