╌>

Package thief makes off with box of cat poop

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

Read more: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/12/31/Package-thief-makes-off-with-box-of-cat-poop/1801546278768/#ixzz5bIVi41XA

Dec. 31 (UPI) -- A California woman fed up with package thieves captured footage of a man stealing a box of cat poop from her front porch.

Stephanie Igoa said the security camera on the front porch of her Fresno home has repeatedly captured so-called "porch pirates" thieving from her front porch, including one man who made at least two visits while wearing a mask.

Igoa said she posted footage of the thefts online and received some enticing advice.

"Why don't you put cat poop in there? And I'm just like, haha. But then I started thinking about it and I'm just like, why not? That's a good idea," Igoa told KMPH-TV .

She said it didn't take long for someone to take the bait.

"I was kind of scared they were gonna open it be like, 'ew it's cat poop!' and throw it at my door or something. Anyway, I looked at the cameras, and nope! He didn't. He just got it, he was super-dope, excited about it. He had his backpack, and he stuck it in his backpack and I'm like, yeah that's what I want you to do buddy," Igoa said.

Igoa said she is planning to put out a second box of poop using tea bags to mask the smell.

Porch pirates aren't the only unusual things Igoa's security camera has recorded this year -- in October the camera captured footage of the moment a tire that came free of a passing car crashed into the outside wall of her home.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

in this world she may have to hope that he doesn't come back and throw a brick through her window

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he sued her for any emotional distress he might have experienced when he opened the box.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    5 years ago

I've seen lots of examples of that kind of successful lawsuit in the USA.  In Canada it would be laughed out of court.  The case we studied in our school was the McDonald's one where the buyer spilled coffee on her legs as she drove out of the drive-by window.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.1    5 years ago

That case was in 1992, verdict delivered in 1994.  Were you teaching?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.2    5 years ago

You're right. I must be confusing it with a previous frivolous lawsuit example.  I was in Law school around 30 years previous to the McDonald's case being tried.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he sued her for

mental cruelty?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Some ideas for his poop. 

il_570xN.758566383_2m8n.jpg

specially wrapped version:

61aaIS7P4iL._SY500_.jpg

Toffy flavored:

kopi-luwak-coffee-copy.jpeg

And of course the ever popular:

original

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

Where can I order those products?  Bro's birthday is coming up.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

kopi-luwak-coffee-copy.jpeg

that used to look like my favorite candy bar

300px-Candy-PayDay-Broken.jpg

I suddenly lost my appetite.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert

TTGA
Professor Silent
5  TTGA    5 years ago

Great story John.  Not a completely new solution to the problem but a really good one.

I remember, back in the mid-70's, reading about a similar case.  Not sure if it was real or just an urban legend.  If it was a legend, it certainly was a good one; at least good enough to make national newspapers.

At that time New York City was having a garbage strike and things were getting pretty ripe.  When the Fall came, people hit upon a solution.  Just put the garbage in a box, wrap it up in Christmas wrapping and leave it in the unlocked back seat of a parked car.  Within minutes, someone would come by and steal it..  Solved two problems.  First, what to do with all that garbage and, second, how to teach snatch and run thieves that what they were doing was a bad idea.