╌>

Do you believe in truth from Trump?

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  johnrussell  •  5 years ago  •  38 comments

Do you believe in truth from Trump?
Why should anyone believe what he says? On top of thousands of other lies, Trump and his crew have been actively lying about facts related to the border situation

So the president will give a short talk from his White House office this evening, to make his case for the wall.

I have a simple question.  Why should anyone believe what he says?  On top of thousands of other lies, Trump and his crew have been actively lying about facts related to the border situation , most recently claiming that thousands of terrorists have been stopped at the southern border.

Please stay on topic. Off topic comments may be deleted.

The topic is , how can we believe what Trump says in his address to the nation tonight, and if you do believe him, what is your basis for believing him?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I am genuinely curious in what would make someone believe Trump tonight. I KNOW there are at least a few Trump supporters on this site who will believe every word he says, or at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Why?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

• Pence backs Trump terrorists at border claim - The ...

https:// www.washingtonpost.com /politics/2018/ 10 /23/ pence -vouches...

· PENCE : " In the last fiscal year, we apprehended more than 10 terrorists or suspected terrorists per day at our Southern border from countries that are referred to …

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

"I'm like a really smart guy."  DJT.

There it is.  There you have it.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

I don't believe one word that comes out of that conman's mouth.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @4    5 years ago

Even if his tongue were notarized, I still would not believe a word that he says.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    5 years ago

Pence, Saunders, and Nielson are talking parrots, that's all....NO truth to what they say, only alternative facts.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

ow can we believe what Trump says in his address to the nation tonight

The same as any other politician . Verify his claims and believe those claims that are correct, don't if they are not.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

but....but....but.....

I thought trmp wasn't a politician that's why you guys love him so much

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago
Verify his claims and believe those claims that are correct, don't if they are not.

Vegas ought to take bets on the number of lies tonight.  Full honesty might pay off 500,000:1, if history is any indication.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2    5 years ago

When he speaks tonight, more people will be looking out for his lies than will be paying attention to his message.  He has brought this on himself.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    5 years ago

Actually, having Vegas take bets might be the only way to keep him honest.  He wouldn’t be able to resist the odds.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
6.2.3  NV-Robin6  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2    5 years ago

The best we can do is no one watch him lie bald face to the Country. Can't stand listening to the coverage of him as it is. 

He is a pathological liar, as well as a narcissist and perhaps even a sociopath. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Numerous commentators and writers who have concentrated on Trump have said that he tries to re-frame reality to suit his liking.

The downside of that is that it can call everything he says into question. I think that is where he will be at tonight.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
7.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

San Diego Border Fence works to stop illegals

“Yet this barrier triggered a process of trial and error with border walls that, over the course of 2 1/2 decades, has reduced the number of apprehensions of illegal aliens in San Diego from more than 628,000 in fiscal 1986 to its current number of around 30,000 a year.

Tekae Michael, a San Diego Border Patrol agent, stands in Otay Mesa at the eastern end of the 46-mile-long barrier—which falls almost 15 miles short of covering the 60 miles of border in San Diego. From the south, roosters crow and the occasional shout can be heard from the sprawl of concrete and tin homes in Mexico. To the north, the occasional Border Patrol jeep can be seen in the Otay Mountain Wilderness.

“Before this primary fence was built, migrants were coming north with no fencing, no barrier to stop them,” Michael said, noting that before they began constructing the initial barrier in 1991, people were “driving basically straight on through the border.”

“So this primary fence was built to stop those huge loads of people and narcotics,” she said.

These days, it’s relatively quiet. Michael notes that on this tour of the border wall, it’s unlikely we’ll encounter many people trying to cross illegally—something that would have been a common sight in the 1980s and ’90s.

San Diego was once the primary hub for illegal immigration and drug smuggling from Mexico. When the initial wall was first being erected in 1991, according to Border Patrol statistics, there were 1,132,033 apprehensions of illegal immigrants across the United States—and close to half of those apprehensions were in San Diego.”

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8  livefreeordie    5 years ago

Let American ranchers on the border speak to the reality of these invaders

Let the truth come into the light  

Read the testimony of a woman rancher  

“Margie Damon

My ranch is 50 miles from the border. I used to see illegals every day walking thru the ranch, now not so often. I am sick & tired of repairing my fence that they have damaged, having items stolen, water faucets left on, gates left open, break ins to home & out buildings, knocking on doors at 3 am, etc. Big aggressive dogs have helped, but I still have to be armed all the time. My neighbors feel the same! We want a big wall with armed border patrol!”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @8    5 years ago

The topic is "why does anyone believe Donald Trump?" when he has such a history of lying.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    5 years ago

My posts point out that he’s telling the truth about the hordes of invaders into our nation, all supported by the Anti American Democrats

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.1    5 years ago

Exactly.  The noxious hordes of liberal Marxist heathens should get out of the way and allow the 'sent from above the clouds' Trump a free hand to cleanse the stench of the undeserving, unfaithful, society destroying vermin that masquerade as families, women and children fleeing terror, poverty and violence.  How dare these cretins believe that America is a beacon of light, hope and freedom.  The nerve of these people from squalor. 

s/  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9  Colour Me Free    5 years ago
The topic is , how can we believe what Trump says in his address to the nation tonight, and if you do believe him, what is your basis for believing him?

Good questions …

I think one has to pay attention .. not everything is, nor will be a lie in the coming address to the nation - however I see where trust is an issue (more so for some than others)… all I could do when the president said that former presidents have told him that the wall is needed (not a direct quote) was shake my head .. the child like way he lies is astounding .. for Pete's sake ... there are times I have wondered 'does the president not realize how easy it is to verify a statement like that?'

I will be listening tonight, my mind will wander off, but I will be recording it so I can rewind and verify I heard his words correctly ...

I am not a Trump supporter, but I see nothing wrong with completing the fence on the border, I see nothing wrong with enforcing immigration laws...

... if a wall is actually built (which it will not be, in my opinion) just think of the movement in 50+ years to bring down the wall.. 'we' (if you are 50 or older) will not be here to bear witness, but remember the celebration when the Berlin Wall came down, or when Osama bin Laden was killed? … in generations to come the history books would speak of the controversy over building the wall .. and of those that created a movement to tear down the wall .. there will be celebration in the streets! [one for the history books]

I tried to stay on topic John .. I am horrible at it!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @9    5 years ago

I thought you did a pretty good job of staying on topic.

Do you really think that in 50 years the Wall would come down if it does get built?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    5 years ago

No more than the Great Wall of China, or the West Bank Wall. Hadrian’s Wall lasted about 300 years

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    5 years ago

Ooo yes .. if the wall is to be built, I believe it will come down .. 50 years is somewhat of an arbitrary number, but seems like about the correct amount of time it would take before a new generation will have had enough of the wall.....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1.1    5 years ago

I don't want you replying to me. I won't reply to you, either

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @9.1.2    5 years ago

Maybe...but it's not like this wall is to keep Americans inside the borders like the Berlin wall kept East Germans caged up.

I think if the wall gets built it will come down due to neglect

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.3    5 years ago

Ok

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9.1.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1.1    5 years ago

The Great Wall of China was breached a very long time ago - it stands now as a 'wonder of the world' .. a tourist mecca if you will...  the West Bank wall may actually be serving a purpose .. a wall on the US / Mexico border is not really needed .. a secure fence will suffice.

An actual physical wall is nothing more than a form of intimidation, a symbol of 'greatness' so to speak - the US is already great..... 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9.1.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    5 years ago
I think if the wall gets built it will come down due to neglect

Quite possibly .. however, it would take quite sometime to come down from neglect .. most likely one would need to be chipping away at the foundation in order to bring it down... ?  alas it is all speculation, I do not foresee the wall being built

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9.1.9  Colour Me Free  replied to    5 years ago

Hello razing …

I could not figure out the wording needed to work a statement along those lines in my above comment .. thank you for doing it for me …..  : )

PJ
Masters Quiet
9.1.10  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    5 years ago

It will come down because of all the tunnels and other acts against it that will compromise it's stability.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    5 years ago

Don't worry about believing him. You don't need to believe him. Watch interviews with the Chief of the Border Patrol. Listen to the people who live near the border. Listen to the victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens. Listen to people who see wages stagnate and opportunities disappear because illegal aliens will work for less. You don't need Trump to make this argument. There are too many other people out there who have been making it for years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10    5 years ago
You don't need to believe him.
(the president of the united states.)

Not a pretty picture, is it?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
11  livefreeordie    5 years ago

We can’t know how many terrorists are entering the country because we barely catch half of the illegals entering the Southern Border