╌>

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

By:  kathleen  •  5 years ago  •  83 comments

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Good Morning to all,

I thought we could try to break away from all the politics and bickering for a little while and talk about our favorite ice cream flavor.

So what would be your favorite flavor?

Please, no politics or religion and be polite.  Thank you : )

All are welcome. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2  Sunshine    5 years ago

Hudsonville - made in Michigan and super good.

All Flavors

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Chocolate Chip but will take cookie dough ice cream if necessary.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    5 years ago
Chocolate Chip but will take cookie dough ice cream if necessary.

What about cookie dough ice cream sandwiches? 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

Chocolate preferably soft serve in a sugar cone.

I buy Perry's brand.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Friend Kathleen: Tie between Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Baskin Robbins German Chocolate Cake.

(I just gained three pounds word processing this).

Enoch Pumping Iron to Torch Calories.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    5 years ago

I like almost all flavors of course, but vanilla seems to be my favorite.   Sorry for the boring answer.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @6    5 years ago
but vanilla seems to be my favorite.   Sorry for the boring answer.

Sometimes, it's the simple things that are the best.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7  JaneDoe    5 years ago

Whitehouse cherry vanilla ice cream.

Tiramisu gelato from my favorite Italian restaurant, Angelo's.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Favorite Ice Cream Flavor"

I have Two :

1. Black Raspberry

and

2. Coffee.....extra Coffee. :-)

"Sugar Cones" make those flavors even BETTER ! 

Can I get a woop woop ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

I like chocolate and often, strawberry. However, if you go at the right time of year (i.e. football season), Baskin Robbins has a thing called Quarterback Crunch that's pretty awesome. It's vanilla with chocolate covered rice krispies and ribbons of caramel going through it. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
10  Old Hermit    5 years ago
What is your favorite ice cream flavor...

As a kid it was Lemon Custard, probably from Baskin-Robbins.

flavors-whiteBG-lemoncustard-2018-w3.jpg

But these days it would be vanilla with a hot piece of pie under it.

Apple, Cherry, Peach doesn't matter, just give me a warm slice of pie with a cold but melting scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and I'm in HOG Heaven!

tenor.gif?itemid=4218873

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.2  JaneDoe  replied to  Old Hermit @10    5 years ago

Pie a la mode... That does sound good.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
10.2.1  MonsterMash  replied to  JaneDoe @10.2    5 years ago

I like blueberry pie with chocolate ice cream.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  MonsterMash @10.2.1    5 years ago

Pie with ice cream is the dessert equivalent of peanut butter and jelly. They never go wrong together. Make mine a dutch apple pie with French vanilla ice cream-possibly the one time I prefer vanilla over chocolate.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.2.3  JaneDoe  replied to  MonsterMash @10.2.1    5 years ago

I have never tried blueberry pie. Your combo does sound tasty though.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.2.4  Gordy327  replied to  JaneDoe @10.2.3    5 years ago
I have never tried blueberry pie.

Really? You are missing out. Try it with ice cream and/or a big dollop of whipped cream on top. A cup of coffee on the side too. You won't be sorry. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
10.2.5  JaneDoe  replied to  Gordy327 @10.2.4    5 years ago

Ok, next opportunity I get to try blueberry pie, I’m in. The cup of coffee is a must with any dessert.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
10.2.6  Gordy327  replied to  JaneDoe @10.2.5    5 years ago
Ok, next opportunity I get to try blueberry pie, I’m in.

Make sure you have ice cream or whipped cream on top. Enjoy!

The cup of coffee is a must with any dessert.

Absolutely. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11  Raven Wing    5 years ago

My favorite is French Vanilla. For me, the Kroger brand of French Vanilla is the very best. I've tried many other brands of French Vanilla, name bands and store brands, and the Kroger  brand, for me, is the very best. To me it tastes like home made, the kind my Grandmother made in the old metal ice cube trays in the freezer when I was young. French Vanilla is the only ice cream I eat. It stands up under all sorts of toppings, and its flavor still stands out.

It is also a great compliment to any type of pie. My favorite pie is home made pecan pie. Put a spoonful of French Vanilla on top and you have a delicious treat . Yummmm!

shona1
PhD Quiet
13  shona1    5 years ago

Vegemite Ice Cream..Bet you don't have that one over there....jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  shona1 @13    5 years ago

Ya got us on that one!

Ender
Professor Principal
14  Ender    5 years ago

We actually still have an ice cream truck that runs through my neighborhood.

zuksam
Junior Silent
14.1  zuksam  replied to  Ender @14    5 years ago

We have them too but they never come down my dead end and I only hear them as they're leaving my neighborhood so I can't even chase them. Mostly they sell Frozen Lemonade here which is a Lemon Slushy but they usually carry a few other pre-packaged Ice Cream products. They also usually sell those big pretzel sticks to dip in the Frozen lemonade (it's a local thing).

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
14.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @14    5 years ago

When I was young I used to sit out on the front steps each afternoon and wait for the ice cream truck. Our dog, Chingy, who was part Cocker Spaniel and Doxie, would sit out with me and let me know when the ice cream truck was coming before I could see it, so I could stand out by the curb and flag the ice cream man as he came down the street.

While I stood waiting at the curb, Chingy would wait with me, and as the ice cream truck approached he would sit up and wag his tail until the truck stopped, and I always bought him a small cup of vanilla ice cream of his own.  This was a daily event for many years.

While I eventually outgrew the thrill of waiting for the ice cream truck each day and no longer waited for it to come, Chingy would still sit out by the curb, and as the ice cream truck approached, he would sit up and wag his tail as always. The ice cream man, who drove the truck on on our route for many years, began to stop and give Chingy his usual small cup of ice cream without pay. Chingy had made friends with him over the years and this was something between the two of them. My Mother offered to pay the man for the ice cream he left each day, but he refused, as he said it was such fun to see Chingy sitting up and wagging his tail and so happy to see him come. 

When Chingy walked on and was no longer waiting for the ice cream man for several days, the man came to the door and asked if Chingy was OK, as he really missed him. When my Mother told him Chingy had walked on from old age, the man lowered is head and softly cried. He said it was like losing a good friend after so many years.  He never came down our street anymore, as it was too sad to no longer see his friend happily waiting for him.

zuksam
Junior Silent
15  zuksam    5 years ago

Any kind of Chocolate including Fudge Swirl as long as there is nothing chunky in it. I don't like bits of cookie or candy in my Ice Cream.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I love me some French Vanilla. Yeah, I know it not going to knock the socks off, but I think it says that I am easy to please. :)

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
16.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    5 years ago
French Vanilla. Yeah,

Me too, But I cheat, I smother it in chocolate.

LOL 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
16.2  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    5 years ago

I prefer vanilla but am not fond of French vanilla.   Taste preferences are funny things.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
16.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    5 years ago
I love me some French Vanilla.

Wow!  I do believe we are truly Sister from another Mother as you say, as French vanilla is my favorite ice cream as well, and the only kind of ice cream I ever eat. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

luther28
Sophomore Silent
17  luther28    5 years ago

While I am a friend to all Ice Creams (along with cookies and cakes), I would have to go with Rocky Road. The cornerstone of a nutritious American breakfast, complete with the basic food groups of chocolate, marshmallow and nuts, what could be a better way to begin the day:) 

Devil's Advocate-in-Training
Freshman Silent
18  Devil's Advocate-in-Training    5 years ago

Depending on any given moment, my top three basic flavors (not in any specific order) are:  coffee, black walnut and butter pecan.  In the summer, I also get into chocolate mint.

And it has to be plain...no toppings...and no "light" ice cream (really, there's no such thing as "light" ice cream, anyway).

Good question, Kathleen!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
19  MonsterMash    5 years ago

How much healthy choice ice cream can I eat before it's not healthy anymore?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
20  livefreeordie    5 years ago

Cold stone German Chocolate Ice Cream, so rich!