╌>

The problem of creeping anti-Semitism within the Democratic Party

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  5 years ago  •  123 comments

The problem of creeping anti-Semitism within the Democratic Party
Antisemitism is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews. A person who holds such positions is called an antisemite. Antisemitism is generally considered to be a form of racism.

As many already know the "Women's March" group has run into some difficulty recently and this time it's not simply about excluding pro-life women. Tamika Mallory, the group's co-president, proclaimed “Thank God this man is alive and well, he is definitely the Greatest Of All Time.”   Who was she referring to? None other than Louis Farrakhan who is an anti-Semite in addition to being an anti-white black supremacist. When asked about denouncing Farrakhan's aniti-semitic remarks (anti-white is ok), she refused to formally denounce him.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/14/tamika-mallory-refuses-condemn-louis-farrakhan-vie/

12122018_ap-172906762379688201_c0-185-36
Tamika Mallory

Then we have the group's organizer, the infamous Linda Sarsour who says:   "You can’t be a feminist if you are a Zionist." She also has given guidance to other Muslims "Never humanize Isr aelis"

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/251804

7NAKpgTk_400x400.jpg
Linda Sarsour

I don't use unnamed sources, but there is another (Carmen Perez) who supposedly told Jewish women they were not welcome.

We also have a new class of democrats in the House of Representatives.First and foremost is the rep from the refugee state of Minnesota (thank you Barak), Ilhan Omar. In 2012, she had this to say: "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel". Recently, she posted a tweet about Lindsey Graham, saying, "They got to him, he is compromised." What one could interpret as an anti-homosexual remark, has been in fashion, recently by the left,to refer to Graham this way.

Graham's response: "She wants to live her life that way, that's up to her". "She knows zero about me. To the extent that it matters, I'm not gay."

04589f1a-5a18-4864-9f65-a0e0508afa35-AP_
Ilhan Omar

So,you might ask, what did Speaker Pelosi do about all this?

Pelosi gave her a coveted seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. 

As I have said before, the democratic party continues to be the party of "identity politics", victimization, redistribution and as it has always been throughout it's long history, the party of grievance.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

It should also be noted that Chuck Schumer has prevented a vote on a bill that supports Israel by allowing state and local governments to divest from entities that boycott, divest from, or sanction Israel because of its occupation of the West Bank (known as S.1 in the US Senate). The bill is one that he helped sponsor, but it is highly doubtful that dems in the House would pass it. The excuse Schumer is using is one of protest for the government shutdown.

Trump is off topic

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

In many ways, the hatred and bigotry of the left makes conservatives look like grade schoolers...

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.1  epistte  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    5 years ago
In many ways, the hatred and bigotry of the left makes conservatives look like grade schoolers...

Unless Israel is an ethnically pure Jewish state, the protest of the policies of a political state of Israel is not antisemitic.  Are you aware that there are almost as many Jews in the US as there are in Israel?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @1.1.1    5 years ago

Louis Farrahkan is not opposing policies, he is an anti-Semite

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

Actually, Farrahkan is a Ku Kluxer of a different stripe.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

He is a straight up antisemite. 

On Jews

“To the members of the Jewish community that don’t like me, thank you very much for putting my name all over the planet because of your fear of what we represent. I can go anywhere in the world and they've heard of Farrakhan. Thank you very much.”

“I'm not mad at you because you're so stupid,” Farrakhan continued. “So when they talk about Farrakhan, call me a hater, you do what they do, call me an anti-Semite. Stop it, I’m anti-Termite.”

Speech   at anniversary of Million Man March, 10/14/18

“Satanic Jews have infected the whole world with poison and deceit.”

Sermon, 5/27/18

“The Jews have control over those agencies of government.  When you want something in this world, the Jew holds the door.”

Saviour’s Day Speech, 2/25/18

“Powerful Jews are my enemy.”

“Jews were responsible for all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out, turning men into women and women into men…. White folks are going down. And Satan is going down. And Farrakhan, by God’s grace, has pulled a cover off of that Satanic Jew, and I’m here to say your time is up, your world is through.  You good Jews better separate because the satanic ones will take you to   hell   with them because that’s where they are headed.”

“It is now becoming apparent that there were many Israelis and Zionist Jews in key roles in the 9/11 attacks.  Israelis had foreknowledge of the attacks...  We know that many Jews received a text message not to come to work on September 11”

Saviour’s Day Speech, 2015

"They [the Jews] are the greatest controllers of Black minds, Black intelligence. They write the scripts -- the foolish scripts on television that our people portray. They are the movie moguls that feature us in these silly, degrading, degenerate roles. The great recording companies that portray our people in such a filthy and low-rating way, yet they would not allow such a man as Michael Jackson to say one word that they thought would besmirch their reputation, but they put us before the world as clowns and as purveyors of filth. No, I will fight that."

Meet The Press interview, 10/18/98

"Of course, they [the Jews] have a very small number of people but they are the most powerful in the world, they have the power to do good and they have the power to do evil...Now what do the Jews do best? Well, they have been the best in finance that the world has ever known...They finance a lot of stuff in the world, and there's nothing wrong with that, but they are not good politicians, they are the worst politicians because they don't recognize really their friends and as well their enemies..."

Saviours' Day Speech, Chicago, 2/22/98

"I believe that for the small numbers of Jewish people in the United States, they exercise a tremendous amount of influence on the affairs of government...Yes, they exercise extraordinary control, and Black people will never be free in this country until they are free of that kind of control..."

Meet The Press interview, 4/14/97

"To continue to point out the truth of that control and how that control never will allow us to be full and completely men, free, justified, and equal. Why should we be controlled by the power, influence, and money of others? We should not be under that kind of control...going to Jewish philanthropists, begging them for money to support our causes, and through that money, there is control, and that kind of control limits the freedom of our people to speak freely, write freely, think freely, and act as free men..."

Meet The Press interview, 4/14/97

"And you do with me as is written, but remember that I have warned you that Allah will punish you. You are wicked deceivers of the American people. You have sucked their blood. You are not real Jews, those of you that are not real Jews. You are the   synagogue   of Satan, and you have wrapped your tentacles around the U.S. government, and you are deceiving and sending this nation to hell. But I warn you in the name of Allah, you would be wise to leave me alone. But if you choose to crucify me, know that Allah will crucify you."

Saviours' Day Speech, Chicago, 2/25/96

"I don't own Hollywood. Who depicted Black people? Who writes the books? Who writes the plays, the songs that make us look less than human? Do you mean to tell me that Jews have never done any evil to Black people?...Were they not involved in the slave trade? Yes, they were...and to the extent that they were involved, somebody has to bring them to account. And I believe that has fallen on me."

Interview with New York Amsterdam News, 1/8/94

On “Jewish Conspiracies ”

“The false Jew will lead you to filth and indecency. That’s who runs show business. That’s who runs the record industry. That’s who runs television.”

Sermon, 5/27/18

“The Jews have control over those agencies of government.  When you want something in this world, the Jew holds the door.”

“White people running Mexico are Mexican-Jews.”

“They [ Israel   and Jews] have been working for years to control your representatives in Congress, in the Senate, in the House of Representatives.  They don’t fear America because they control it from within”

Saviour's Day Speech, 2015

Mentioning National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin and presidential advisor Rahm Emanuel, Farrakhan said, "Every Jewish person that is around the president is a dual citizen of Israel and the United States of America...And sometimes, we have to raise the question, 'Are you more loyal to the state of Israel than you are to the best interests of the United States of America.'"

News conference at the National Press Club, 10/19/98

"I look at Lucianne Goldberg, Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky, and I ask myself, 'Why was this introduced at this time when Netanyahu was being pressured by the president to give up more land on the   West Bank ,'...I think we need to look deeper into this than just what appears on the surface."

Meet The Press interview, 10/18/98

"Don't be afraid of the Zionists. Don't be afraid of their power, Mr. Clinton. Stop bowing down."

Speech at Howard University, Washington DC, 10/16/98

"They call them [ Hezbollah ] terrorists, I call them freedom fighters...No one asks why they would do such a thing. Why would they do such a thing? What has driven them to this point? That's what the UN, the U.S. and Europe doesn't want to deal with because the Zionists have control in England, in Europe, in the United States and around the world."

Speech at the District Council 33 Union Hall,
Philadelphia, PA, 4/22/96

"How did we get into World War II? You say Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Yes, they did, but what were the forces that created in Japan the desire or the need to force them to attack America? You don't know that. But when America went to war after the attack on Pearl Harbor, she had to borrow money. There were the international bankers again. They financed all sides. And how many millions of Americans lost their lives? Suppose Hitler was trying to destroy the international bankers controlling Europe, but he went about it by attacking a whole people. All Jews are not responsible for the evil of the few who do evil...But certain Jews have used   Judaism   as a shield."

Saviours' Day Speech, Chicago, 2/26/95

On the   Holocaust

"The Jews have been so bad at politics they lost half their population in the Holocaust. They thought they could trust in Hitler, and they helped him get the Third Reich on the road."

Saviours' Day Speech, Chicago, 2/22/98

"German Jews financed Hitler right here in America...International bankers financed Hitler and poor Jews died while big Jews were at the root of what you call the Holocaust...Little Jews died while big Jews made money. Little Jews [were] being turned into soap while big Jews washed themselves with it. Jews [were] playing violin, Jews [were] playing music, while other Jews [were] marching into the gas chambers..."

Mosque Maryam, Chicago, 3/19/95

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    5 years ago

Thank you Perrie. I assume you were directing that at bbl-1. 

I think you put every bit of evidence there is into that perfect post. (If Jesse James Decker were a post, that would be it)... It's amazing what effort is sometimes needed to prove the obvious.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.3    5 years ago

There are no "different stripes", a racist is a racist regardless of color. All races/groups are capable of the same sins.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  bbl-1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    5 years ago

Don't think he likes white folk or Mexicans either.  Does he?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    5 years ago

You missed my point.  They are the same.  They just are.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago
I think you put every bit of evidence there is into that perfect post. (If Jesse James Decker were a post, that would be it)... It's amazing what effort is sometimes needed to prove the obvious.

I wonder why so many refuse to acknowledge the obvious?

Do they seriously think Farrakhan is NOT a raving Jew-hater?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.10  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago
Louis Farrahkan is not opposing policies, he is an anti-Semite

When did I say that I agree with Farakkan? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.7    5 years ago

I am of Mexican American heritage and I agree with him 100%! Your comment shows how little you know!jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.11    5 years ago

Know what?  That hate, fear and discrimination exist?  They are all the same.  People being ignorant and hateful to others.  The reasons are varied and they are many.

Please refrain from judging my intellect until you've determined your own.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.11    5 years ago

"Agree with him."  Your words.

Who?  Farrakhan or Vic?

LOL that I have to ask. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.13    5 years ago

I was referring to Vic, not the racist scumbag Farakhan. And my apologies if I offended on the other comment. I was joking. That is why I put the emoji after it.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.15  Cerenkov  replied to  epistte @1.1.1    5 years ago

Untrue as everyone knows. If you use a double standard, such criticism is clearly antisemitism. 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.15    5 years ago
If you use a double standard, such criticism is clearly antisemitism. 

When you lot invent this "double standard" it's clearly just the run-o-the-mill attempt to stifle valid criticism.  

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.17  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    5 years ago

Is there a difference between him and Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @1.1.17    5 years ago
Is there a difference between him and Trump?

If you don;t think there is any difference, then my reply wouldn't help you.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.19  epistte  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.15    5 years ago
Untrue as everyone knows. If you use a double standard, such criticism is clearly antisemitism. 

That claim would be true but only if all Jews agreed with the policies of the government of Israel. Netanyahu is not popular at home and would not be re-elected, so criticism of the Likud party is not anti-semitic.  

Recent polls showed a decline in Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s popularity, although he uses every platform to talk about his political and security achievements.

Netanyahu, who is also Minister of Defense, appears almost daily with soldiers on the border in the occupied Golan Heights or on the borders of Lebanon or around the Gaza Strip.

In the new poll, a total of 58 percent said they were either “unsatisfied” or “very unhappy” with the prime minister’s performance.

Only 7 percent of respondents said they were “very happy” with Netanyahu as defense minister while a further 26 percent said they were “satisfied.” Conversely, 25 percent said they were “unsatisfied” and 33 percent said they were “very unhappy.”

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

Vic,

You kind of got that wrong about Chuck Schumer. He is supporting a bill that would make boycott, divest and sanction a Felony:

The bill’s original sponsor, Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.), is pushing Democratic leadership to include this bill, which has not moved forward thus far primarily because it  violates  the First Amendment. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are reportedly leaning toward slipping the text into the spending bill, which needs to pass for the government to stay open.

The ACLU is against this as a freedom of speech issue. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2    5 years ago

And most important of all House democrats probably won't support it. The subject of the article is the real reason that those freshman democrats would be against it. Thus people like Schumer are worried about the "optics"

As far as what the ACLU says, Aryeh Spero has them pegged perfectly:

"Any neutral observer can't help but see the blatant selectivity groups such as the ACLU use when deciding whose 'rights' are worthy of defense, concerned, apparently, not for ordinary law-abiding citizens but mostly the hardened criminals, illegal aliens and, now, terrorists. The Non-American Civil Liberties Union is a more apt description of their mission."

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    5 years ago

You are assuming it's the optics. Schumer has been a long outspoken member against BDS. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.2    5 years ago

Based on everything I hear Schumer say, yes, I believe he is concerned about the optics - that everyone will see how anti-Semitic the left has become. The hard left is the base he represents. He hammers away at the President every day in an empty Senate chamber in front of TV camera's.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    5 years ago

Oh BULL SHIT! Fully 38 of of the 40 Jewish members of the US Congress are Democrats. All 8 Jewish Senators are Democrats and there are only two gop members of congress. If any of the crap you are selling were true this would not be true butt it is true, Vic, it is true...

Do you think 70-80% of American Jews voting Democratic are antisemites?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.6  JBB  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.2.5    5 years ago

Marx was an atheist but not antisemitic and everyone was racist then.

That has no relevance to almost all American Jews being Democrats...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.2.6    5 years ago

it is telling that so many on the left are antisemitic.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.2.4    5 years ago

American Jews who vote Democratic these days, considering the direction that party is heading, either never knew or ignore Santayana's statement about ignoring history - and what happens when you do.  I would venture to say that most of the Jews who vote Democratic are younger than those who were alive during WW2.  Frank Zappa may have written "It can't happen here" but then look at the increase in antisemitism and who''s going to stop it?  Not the ACLU - "FREE SPEECH" eh?  

Ever wonder about the the fact that the German Jews of the 1930s simply didn't believe what was happening and how much worse it was going to become?  

Junior Participates
1.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JBB @1.2.6    5 years ago

These rightwing phonies trying to pretend they haven't always been and still are  the anti-semitic racist fascists they've always been is just a smokescreen (failed) to distract us from there support for alt-right white supremacist, neo-nazi virulent anti-semitism and racism we've seen at Charlottesville and many other locations around the country.    And it's such a worn-out puerile tactic:  the basic "no, you are!!" gambit and, of course,  dragging Farrakhan out and repeating the BID LIE (h/t Goebbels) he's a darling of liberals.  It's so thin, threadbare, moth-eaten and absurd that you'd think they'd give it up.  But, they can't.  It's always been all the got. 

Junior Participates
1.2.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.2.7    5 years ago

So THAT's where you get your material.  We shoulda known. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.10    5 years ago
These rightwing phonies trying to pretend they haven't always been and still are the anti-semitic racist fascists they've always been is just a smokescreen (failed) to distract us from there support for alt-right whit

So the left will finally stop with the lies about the GOP funding Israel and admit that it has been Democrats all along, despite the rhetoric from some here?

Good to know!

I'll hold you to that, too!

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.13  JBB  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.10    5 years ago

One thing is for damn sure. Those stupid muther humping throwback Trump loving punk assholes who were yelling, "Jews will not replace us", in Charlottsville were NOT liberal Democrats. No wonder almost all American Jews are solid Democrats. If you hate everyone who is not another whiteass racist loser or fakeass small c christian Paulist misanthrope then you surely must be a goddamn Republican...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.2.14  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @1.2.13    5 years ago
Charlottsville were NOT liberal Democrats

How can you be so sure? 

Junior Participates
1.2.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.12    5 years ago
So the left will finally stop with the lies about the GOP funding Israel and admit that it has been Democrats all along, despite the rhetoric from some here?

I wish that comment made any sense so I could actually respond to it.  WTF are you trying to say? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.16  sandy-2021492  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.10    5 years ago

This is not directed at Atheist, only, but at several on this thread.  Yes, his comment was a sweeping generalization, but there have been several such on this thread, some of which were flagged, and some which weren't.  Both sides need to knock it off with the sweeping gens.

Junior Participates
1.2.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @1.2.14    5 years ago
How can you be so sure? 

Well, Scumbag did refer to some "fine people" among the torch bearing group chanting "Jews Will Not Replace Us."  Are you suggesting he was giving "democrats" some love?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.15    5 years ago

I'm sorry, did you not understand what I wrote?

Will English suffice?

Junior Participates
1.2.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.16    5 years ago

So would this Jerusalem Post article from 2016 on the anti-semtism of the alt-right be classified as a sweeping generalization?

JEWISH WORLD: ANTI-IMMIGRANT AND WHITE SUPREMACIST, MAYBE. BUT IS THE ALT-RIGHT ANTI-SEMITIC?

Some excerpts:

Did Trump use anti-Semitic imagery against Clinton. (photo credit: TWITTER)

“You can have some of the ideas of the alt-right, which is anti-immigration, anti-multiculturalism and anti-globalism, without it being anti-Semitic,” said Marilyn Mayo, who tracks the alt-right at the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism. “However, a good deal of the people who are talking about the ideology of white identity, white culture, focus on Jews as part of a problem for them.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.19    5 years ago
Did Trump use anti-Semitic imagery against Clinton. (photo credit: TWITTER)

Only in some deluded minds.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.21  Don Overton  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    5 years ago

Nothing in your comment or quote  has factual basis.

Junior Participates
1.2.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.20    5 years ago
Only in some deluded minds.

The Jerusalem Post is deluded?  Thanks for revealing something about you that you keep denying. 

Junior Participates
1.2.23  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.2.5    5 years ago
karl Marx was Jewish and that didn't stop him from being a racist, antisemitic piece of shit.

Just once cite evidence of something or admit to lying.............again.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.22    5 years ago
The Jerusalem Post is deluded? Thanks for revealing something about you that you keep denying.

Please point what Trump said or did that used antisemetic imagery against your beloved Abuela.

Your personal attacks are weak sauce. Get new lines or at least show some imagination in the ones you do make up.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.25  epistte  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    5 years ago
As far as what the ACLU says, Aryeh Spero has them pegged perfectly: "Any neutral observer can't help but see the blatant selectivity groups such as the ACLU use when deciding whose 'rights' are worthy of defense, concerned, apparently, not for ordinary law-abiding citizens but mostly the hardened criminals, illegal aliens and, now, terrorists. The Non-American Civil Liberties Union is a more apt description of their mission."

The ACLU sees this a free speech issue.

The ACLU has long opposed the Israel Anti-Boycott Act through its multiple iterations because the bill would make it a crime to participate in political boycotts protected by the First Amendment. Now, the bill’s sponsors are attempting to avoid public scrutiny by including the bill’s unconstitutional criminal penalties in must-pass legislation scheduled for a vote just days before Congress’ holiday recess — likely because it will be harder to pass in the new Congress.

Earlier versions of the Israel Anti-Boycott Act would have made it a crime — possibly even subject to jail time — for American companies to participate in political boycotts aimed at Israel and its settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories when those boycotts were called for by international governmental organizations like the United Nations. The same went for boycotts targeting any country that is “friendly to the United States” if the boycott was not sanctioned by the United States.

Last week, the ACLU saw an updated version being considered for inclusion in the spending bill (though this text is not publicly available). While Hill offices claim the First Amendment concerns have been resolved, and potential jail time has indeed been eliminated as a possible punishment, the bill actually does nothing to cure its free speech problems. Furthermore, knowingly violating the bill could result in criminal financial penalties of up to $1 million. Were this legislation to pass, federal officials would have a new weapon at their disposal to chill and suppress speech that they found objectionable or politically unpopular.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  epistte @1.2.25    5 years ago

I didn't realize the ACLU was SO partisan and biased until I clicked your "opposed" link. That organization is a bastion of FREE SPEECH and the First Amendment?  If that's so, why is it that they don't defend anyone from being called an Islamophobe when they are justly critical of Islamic terrorism, FGM, honour killings, etc.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.27  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.26    5 years ago

You don't get it. The ACLU defends all speech even speech that offends. The SPLC regularly defends racist, sexist, homophobic, you name it free expression. Besides, anyone who is constantly being accused of being racist, sexist, islamaphobic etc etc just may actually be racist, sexist, Islamaphobic etc etc. Kind of like the SPLC is falsely accused of hating on the hate groups they identify, track and certify. You cannot make everyone happy. Free speech sometimes, see often, offends someone. In my opinion, anyone who would accuse the vast majority of American Jews of being antisemetic for simply using their own capable brains to determine they support the Democrats Party is themselves antisemetic. That is free speech. Just as you may freely and legally express Islamaphobic opinions so others may also note your Islamaphobia...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.2.27    5 years ago

Maybe I don't get it exactly the way YOU get it, but having been unfairly accused of being Islamophobic I do take umbrage at your using the word "you" in your last sentence:

"Just as you may freely and legally express Islamaphobic opinions so others may also note your Islamaphobia..."

Do you intend to report what I wrote to the ACLU and SPLC?.....just as you reported to Pelosi's office the obvious mistake I made about the DeVos yacht.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.29  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.28    5 years ago

In the USA we have free speech and besides that you was a generic you. In any case, much of what you say in your NT comment and much of what you seed on NT is Islamaphobic. Also, I find it personally offensive every single time that you have accused the vast majority of American Jews who are Democrats of being antisemetic. Now that, is really offensive to me. If you can dish it out you need to learn to take it. You may say the awful things you do about the Democratic leadership in our Congress. Try dissing the leadership of China the way you do American Jewish leadership like Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Michael Blumenthal and Bernie Sanders and then just see how that ends you...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.30  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.2.29    5 years ago

If Jews support BDS, and in my opinion BDS is antisemitic, then in my opinion it is a logical conclusion that they are either knowingly or UNknowingly being antisemitic.  Take note of what Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau recently said about BDS:

To support his case, Trudeau pointed to the so-called "Three Ds" test for separating criticism of the Jewish state and anti-Semitism: demonization, double standards, and delegitimization of Israel.

"When you have movements like BDS that single out Israel, that seek to delegitimize and in some cases demonize, when you have students on campus dealing with things like Israel apartheid weeks that make them fearful of actually attending campus events because of their religion in Canada, we have to recognize that there are things that aren't acceptable, not because of foreign policy concerns but because of Canadian values," Trudeau said.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.31  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.30    5 years ago

Offensive or wrongheaded as your words may be you're free to say them.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.32  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.30    5 years ago

Well, I believe calling Democratic US Jews antisemetic is antisemetic...

I also believe the current Israeli leadership is ultimately harmful to Israel.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.33  epistte  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.26    5 years ago
I didn't realize the ACLU was SO partisan and biased until I clicked your "opposed" link. That organization is a bastion of FREE SPEECH and the First Amendment?

The ACLU is completely non-partisan because they don't take part in political elections or give voting endorsements. 

If that's so, why is it that they don't defend anyone from being called an Islamophobe when they are justly critical of Islamic terrorism, FGM, honour killings, etc.

Calling someone an Islamaphobe is protected free speech.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.34  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  epistte @1.2.33    5 years ago

Well if criticizing criminal acts makes one an Islamophobe, then criticizing Netanyahu or whatever Israel does is antisemitism, and calling such a critic an anti-Semite is protected free speech.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.35  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.2.29    5 years ago

I have no reason to diss the leadership of China, it's the least antisemitic country I've ever been in - in fact Jews are not just respected but actually admired here.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.36  epistte  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.28    5 years ago
Do you intend to report what I wrote to the ACLU and SPLC?.....just as you reported to Pelosi's office the obvious mistake I made about the DeVos yacht.

You just proved that you don't get it. The core mission of the ACLU is to defend the rights in the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. They do not defend people.  They don't not issue hate crime lists or other activities of groups like the SPLC.  The ACLU is prohibited by their  mission statement from acting as a criminal or civil defense attorney in a court of law.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

Ilhan Omar Was the BEST !

oh.....ummmm….I didn't know my statements would have been seen as ……."Mean Spirited" (Chucky Schumers best go to line)….. and I "DON'T UNDERSTAND" ……... how that would offend anyone .

Major (DUH FACE) on that one !

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

Right wing rising in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and the US.

And yet, some blame the women?  Guffaw.

Junior Participates
4.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago
And yet, some blame the women? 

Oh, no.  It must be the "liberals"  in those countries........jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

The American Jewish Community overwhelmingly supports Democrats today...

Why? Because Jews tend to not support intolerant racist sexist homophobes. Jews tend to not support self proclaimed White Nationalists aka modern day Nazis. American Jews are smart enough to know who is really on their side and who thinks, "There are good people on both sides". That is why American Jews are mostly liberal Democrats. That is why each and every one of the eight Jewish US Senators are ALL DEMOCRATS. Every single one of them. The gop only values Jews and Israel as pawns to be sacrificed in their apocalyptic end times wet dreams...

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago
Why? Because Jews tend to not support intolerant racist sexist homophobes. Jews tend to not support self proclaimed White Nationalists aka modern day Nazis. American Jews are smart enough to know who is really on their side and who thinks, "There are good people on both sides". That is why American Jews are mostly liberal Democrats. That is why each and every one of the eight Jewish US Senators are ALL DEMOCRATS. Every single one of them. The gop only values Jews and Israel as pawns to be sacrificed in their apocalyptic end times wet dreams...

I was about to vote you up, till you spouted this absolutely bigoted piece of filth.....

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1    5 years ago

I voted him up for you.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JBB  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1    5 years ago

What that I wrote do you deny or are you saying the truth is filth to you?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    5 years ago

Pavlov was correct.  So was his dog.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1    5 years ago

I agree. Disgusting rhetoric. What else are they hiding inside?

Junior Participates
5.1.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1    5 years ago
I was about to vote you up, till you spouted this absolutely true statement.*

*Edited for accuracy and reality.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.6  Don Overton  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.1    5 years ago

"spouted this absolutely bigoted piece of filth....."

A totally racist, bigoted comment

'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.1.6    5 years ago

Prove it.

Junior Participates
5.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    5 years ago
Prove it.

So, all you have to do is just tell us you believe that blacks and Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic because they know Democrats represent their best interests to prove my statement about you is false.  Your move.   And just in case you think not responding will get you off the hook, just know that it refusing to answer validates my claim. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.8    5 years ago
So, all you have to do is just tell us you believe that blacks and Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic because they know Democrats represent their best interests to prove my statement about you is false. Your move. And just in case you think not responding will get you off the hook, just know that it refusing to answer validates my claim.

Color me SHOCKed you failed to prove it.

Nothing, repeat--NOTHING--validates any claim you made.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    5 years ago

Well, I would say that this statement is a somewhat ridiculous generalization, and unfortunately when statements like that are included it colours a whole comment.

"The gop only values Jews and Israel as pawns to be sacrificed in their apocalyptic end times wet dreams..."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @5    5 years ago

"The times they are a'changing" (Bob Dylan)

1.  Not needing Jewish money and votes any longer, Obama stabs Israel in the back at the UN, the first president to do so for how many years?

2.  Trump is the president most supportive of Israel for decades, has done what previous presidents didn't have the balls to do notwithstanding the intent of the government was always there.

3.  Starting with Ellison having been temporarily being appointed (although he later resigned) second in command of the Democratic Party, declared Israel-bashing BDS supporters are now being elected as American lawmakers.

How Jews can vote Democratic, notwithstanding their liberal bent, taking into consideration what is actually happening, and in light of rising antisemitism, is beyond my comprehension. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago

Maybe those 'democratic leaning Jews' are cautiously aware of the rise and influence of the christian right in governance?

After all, Old Testament simply leaves to many Jews to...………………………….oblivion?   You know, the change thing?  Old Testament in 'the new' Testament, right?

On any given Sunday.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago

And believe me.  The words " Never Again " are real.  The Dobsons, Falwells, Grahams and the rest of the flock are what they are.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    5 years ago
the typical Democrat method of divide and conquer. 

I know I'm Going off topic, sorry But this statement caught my eye. 

the typical Democrat method of divide and conquer. WOW 

That is exactly how I see what trump did.

He was even a dem at the time.

He switched parties not long before he ran for president, under the republican banner IMO he dd that because the republican party was much more devided at the time by the tea party people. 

It worked he conquered both parties won the nomination and the office. 

and here we are. 

Junior Participates
5.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago

More hate-stoked rubbish, Buzz.  It's really getting old and tireseome. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago

Excellent post. I wish more could understand it.

Junior Participates
5.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    5 years ago
The simple answer is that they have not yet realized exactly how badly they have been used and abused.

Gee, that's the same way the extreme alt-right has been smearing and dismissing black Americans for voting democratic.  It's the "they don't know no better" gambit.  With blacks it's used to justify voter nullification with racist  gerrymandering.  So respectful, right?  Maybe Jews will be the next target for that tactic.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.7    5 years ago
Gee, that's the same way the alt-right has been smearing and dismissing black Americans for voting democratic. It's the "they don't know no better" gambit. So respectful, right?

So Democratic claims that certain groups vote against their own interests are just so much bullshit?

Glad to hear someone finally admit it.

Junior Participates
5.2.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.8    5 years ago
Glad to hear someone finally admit it.

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.9    5 years ago
Wow, Tex either your reading interpretative skills need some work or you are so desperate to try to score points you don't even care to make any kind of sense any more.

Perhaps no sense to you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.9    5 years ago

Maybe I need a smarter audience.

Junior Participates
5.2.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.10    5 years ago
Perhaps no sense to you.

Oh, I get it.  You have actually admitted that you believe blacks (and now Jews?) are not smart enough to know whom to vote for.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.12    5 years ago
h, I get it. You have actually admitted that you believe blacks (and now Jews?) are not smart enough to know whom to vote for.
[Deleted]

Tell you what, you QUOTE me admitting any such nonsense, and then, when you refuse, [Deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.14  Don Overton  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    5 years ago
I totally doubt you can supply any type of factual content to your comment.
You must love opinion as to facts.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.15  Don Overton  replied to  XDm9mm @5.2.3    5 years ago

The simple answer is that they have not yet realized exactly how badly they have been used and abused.

By Republicans/conservatives, constantly 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.16  Don Overton  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.5    5 years ago
Yes  right wing hate, racism, bigotry and rubbish is getting old and tiresome.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.15    5 years ago

Prove it.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.18  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.8    5 years ago

Like always where's the facts Tex.  Go find it in a texas school book

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.16    5 years ago
Yes right wing hate, racism, bigotry and rubbish is getting old and tiresome. You must love opinion as to facts.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.20  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.10    5 years ago

Only to republican texans, which are becoming fewer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.18    5 years ago
Like always where's the facts Tex. Go find it in a texas school book

So, as usual, nothing to prove your statement.

"You must love opinion as to facts."

LMAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.20    5 years ago
Only to republican texans, which are becoming fewer

Last I checked, Democrats haven't won a statewide race in Texas in over 20 YEARS.

Gee, what will it take for a Dem to win? NO Republicans at all?

Remember when media darling little Wendy Davis was going to turn Texas purple with her little pink tennis shoes?

Remember what ACTALLY happened?

She lost worse than the last Democrat who ran!

Ah, PROGRESS!!!

LMFAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.20    5 years ago
Only to republican texans, which are becoming fewer.

Gee, then Texas Republicans must be voting in MUCH higher numbers since every election, the GOP keeps getting more votes than the previous election.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.12    5 years ago
Oh, I get it. You have actually admitted that you believe blacks (and now Jews?) are not smart enough to know whom to vote for.

I believe you have misdirected this statement:

Removed for context

Care to quote me making any such absurd admission, or not?

Junior Participates
5.2.25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.18    5 years ago
Go find it in a texas school book

Ouch.  jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
5.2.26  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.24    5 years ago
Care to quote me making any such absurd admission, or not?

Keep on jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif , Tex.

Junior Participates
5.2.27  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.22    5 years ago
Last I checked, Democrats haven't won a statewide race in Texas in over 20 YEARS.

That's not really something anyone should brag about.

Junior Participates
5.2.28  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.6    5 years ago
I wish more could understand it.

There's nothing about Buzz's BS that's either new or mysterious.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.26    5 years ago

So you have nothing, as I knew all along.

I am not surprised.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.30  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.27    5 years ago
That's not really something anyone should brag about.

Well, I certainly HOPE Democrats wouldn't brag about such a poor record.

But why wouldn't the WINNING party be entitled to bragging rights?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.28    5 years ago
There's nothing about Buzz's BS that's either new or mysterious.

Which makes it all the more curious as to why some still don't understand it, hence my comment--"I wish more could understand it"

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.32  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.31    5 years ago

I don't see anyone answering your questions. And notice Don disappeared when he coul not back himself up? Hilarious...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.33  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.32    5 years ago
I don't see anyone answering your questions. And notice Don disappeared when he coul not back himself up? Hilarious.

Quickest way to get people off their favorite talking points is to confront them and demand proof.

Works like a charm.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.34  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.33    5 years ago

Or ask for supporting evidence.

If one makes a claim and cannot even provide decent supporting evidence, one should probably not make the claim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.35  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.34    5 years ago
If one makes a claim and cannot even provide decent supporting evidence, one should probably not make the claim.

They might listen to you. Why don't you tell them?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.36  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.35    5 years ago

Not the first time I have offered this advice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.36    5 years ago
Not the first time I have offered this advice.

Good, good.

Maybe they'll respect your experience.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.38  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Don Overton @5.2.14    5 years ago
"I totally doubt you can supply any type of factual content to your comment."

Unbelievable!  Those are actual facts - you can't prove them wrong.

Junior Participates
6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

Hey, vic, no surprise but your first link in the OC

leads to nothing that supports what comes above it.  So, it's BS until supported by something other than a pukefunnel outlet.