A Matter Of Honor

By:  johnrussell  •  3 months ago  •  91 comments

A Matter Of Honor

One of the more interesting results of the Covington Catholic boys incident in Washington DC a few weeks ago is a new emboldening of the Trump supporters who like to advertise their allegiance to him by wearing the MAGA hat. We see articles, on NT and elsewhere where the writer exclaims his or her pride in emulating Donald Trump. 

I have only one question - what on earth is wrong with those people?

If there is one thing that is 100% a certainty concerning this Trump era, it is that it is not going to end well.  That is because history is the judge of it, and the history of Trump's path through American politics will be seen as a disaster of heretofore unknown proportions. 

Why anyone thought that electing a reality tv game show host with profound psychological malfunctions and blatant character defects to the presidency of the United States was a good idea is something that will be ridiculed and disparaged for decades, if not centuries, to come. 

There are certain aspects of Donald Trump that are a given. He lies to the American people on a daily basis, often distorting reality by the hour. Sometimes he will lie about something that the whole world can see on video. Trump has shown over and over that he is an ignoramus , making many factual mistakes , misidentifying people, misidentifying countries, misstating US policy, making ridiculously incorrect comments about US history, etc.  Trump is so often wrong about the facts connected to any days news stories one has to wonder whether or not he misstates facts on purpose, perhaps to confuse everyone under the impression that if everyone is confused it will benefit him somehow. From the perspective history will take, Trump will simply be seen as a very ignorant man whose narcissism butted heads with his ignorance. 

Trump is a known fraud and crook. There are no doubt many examples of this but two will suffice as proof. He defrauded the customers of Trump University through blatantly false advertising and he and his parents cheated the US government out of millions of dollars of taxes as wealth was passed from his parents to Donald Trump over the course of a number of years. Trump paid very little tax on 400 million dollars of income. According to a massive New York Times investigation last year, this was very illegal. 

Trump has totally failed to unite the American people, and has not even tried. He holds "rallies" where the main purpose is to attack all of Trump's "enemies". He also belittles his political opposition on a daily basis, often calling juvenile names using childish insults. 

There is a large group of psychiatrists that have concluded that Trump is not psychologically fit to be president of the United States. Let that sink in for a minute. 

Rather than prolong a recitation of the mountain of actions, words, traits and behavior by Donald Trump that should , on a daily basis, disqualify this man from holding any office, let alone the presidency, I will get to my main point. 

Those who support Trump have forfeited their honor. It is not possible to honestly believe that Trump is qualified to be president of the United States, or fit to hold our highest office. It simply is not possible. All support of Trump is based on unconscious , or willful , acceptance of a man who merits, by his own character, words and actions, no support. This is an incontrovertible truth. 

One day soon this psychic bill will come due. 

As I am writing this I have a news program on in the background. One news item just passing through -  Donald Trump's pastor says he has never seen Donald Trump in the church.  This is a man who many of his followers believe has been anointed by God. Delusions are ubiquitous when it comes to Trump. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    3 months ago

The United States is in a lot of trouble, since about a 1/3 of the population is willfully delusional concerning their leader. 

Ed-NavDoc
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 months ago

A lot of people think your remaining 2/3 are even more delusional...jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    3 months ago

Well maybe they do, but "my side" is not supporting a profoundly ignorant and dysfunctional individual. Is Trump completely stupid or mentally unbalanced? or both?  His entire presidency has played out like a black comedy or dark satire. But, so to speak, it is real. 

This level of disgrace will last a long long long time. 

WallyW
1.1.2  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 months ago
Is Trump completely stupid or mentally unbalanced? or both?
Neither!
Why do you think so? What evidence do you have?
MAGA!  jrSmiley_49_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
1.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @1.1.2    3 months ago
Why do you think so? What evidence do you have?

Every day, every single day, without exception, Trump lies, makes mistakes on simple general knowledge facts, buffoons, dog whistles and embarrasses this country. 

The evidence is in the record of his presidency as commemorated in the nation's various media.

Ed-NavDoc
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    3 months ago

Talk to us when he is tried and convicted. Then you can say I told you so...

Tessylo
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  WallyW @1.1.2    2 months ago
'Is Trump completely stupid or mentally unbalanced? or both?'

BOTH!  The turd shows us everyday.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
1.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    2 months ago
Well maybe they do, but "my side" is not supporting a profoundly ignorant and dysfunctional individual.

But it has been in hissy fit mode since November 2016.  And for what?  Because you lost an election?  Because a person with zero experience in politics come in and beat career politicians at their own game?  

Yes, I support President Trump.  The same way as I supported President Obama, President Bush and President Clinton.  

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 months ago

Why and how is the US in trouble? Please explain instead of rambling on endlessly about it.

I knew exactly who I was voting for and went ahead and did so, because he wasn't Hillary. The lesser of two evils you might say. I have been pleasantly surprised by all the good things he's accomplished in spite of the childish and petulant pouting by the butt hurt left wingers.

sandy-2021492
1.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  WallyW @1.2    3 months ago

I ended up here because John's comment above and PJ's comments below were flagged as sweeping generalizations.  But then I saw Wally's comment, and Ed's, which, although not flagged, are also sweeping generalizations.  So, everybody stop with the sweeping gens.

PJ
1.2.2  PJ  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.1    3 months ago

I disagree.  These are not sweeping generalizations but personal opinions.  This site does not allow for people to express their personal opinions and that imo is a form of censorship.   I am not offended by Wally's response to me and many times we agree to disagree with a smiley face or a laugh.  What is wrong with allowing members to find their own way to communicate with each other.

I simply do not understand what the purpose of this site is if members are not permitted to have different opinions and point of views unless we are whispering so as not to upset anyone.

JohnRussell
1.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.1    3 months ago

Are Trump supporters snowflakes?

If I say something about Trump supporters I do not assume that I mean every single one of them. There are always exceptions.

This "sweeping generalizations" business here needs to come to an end.

There is scarcely a seed on this site that does not contain numerous sweeping generalizations. It is the way people talk when they are referring to broad topics.

Trump voters have got this country into the giant mess we are in. It is not possible to leave them out of a conversation about the Trump presidency.

Hal A. Lujah
1.2.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.3    3 months ago

I will second that!

arkpdx
1.2.5  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.3    3 months ago

Heaven help me but thus is the second time in two days I agree with John and I must be sicker than I thought 

NURSE! I NURSE! where are you ?I I need you again.

Nowhere Man
1.2.6  Nowhere Man  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.1    3 months ago
I ended up here because John's comment above and PJ's comments below were flagged as sweeping generalizations.  But then I saw Wally's comment, and Ed's, which, although not flagged, are also sweeping generalizations.  So, everybody stop with the sweeping gens.

Excuse me dear, the entire article is a sweeping generalization, when it comes to republicans that is the only style of posting John knows.....

You want to stop the SG's get John to change his posting style....

Good luck with that.

JohnRussell
1.2.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.2.6    2 months ago

80% of Republicans support a man who is a KNOWN, fraud, crook, serial liar, bigot, ignoramus, and last but not least buffoon.

What is the general response of "conservatives" on this site? To say "Obama" or "Clinton" were the same. One time Obama said there are 57 states. Trump makes mistakes like that multiple times every day.

You all trade your integrity for a Supreme Court justice.

Nowhere Man
1.2.8  Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.7    2 months ago

If accepting statements that even the statement maker refuses to, (or is unable to) validate is required to have integrity, then I'm very thankful that I have none.

Even more thankful that every legal jurisdiction in the land has none either.

Paula Bartholomew
1.2.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  WallyW @1.2    2 months ago

You threw the baby out with the bath water.  Are we supposed to be impressed?

JohnRussell
1.2.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.2.8    2 months ago

NM, Donald Trump completely disgraced himself by conducting a fraudulent "investigation" into the birth certificate of the then sitting president Barack Obama. When Trump began his racist inquiries into Obama's birth and background Obama had already been the sitting president for two years.

How did someone who was proved , at that point, to have no integrity, decency or honor garner votes to be president of the United States?

TWICE, prior to Trump launching his birther smear in 2011, the state of Hawaii had OFFICIALLY announced that Obama's birth certificate had been inspected by state officials and was in it's proper place in state archives.

Was Trump a low down liar when he ignored that information, or was he just a profoundly stupid man?  Either case disqualifies him as presidential material.

Greg Jones
1.2.11  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.7    2 months ago

Your darn tootin' bro!  And hopefully we'll end up with at least one more, in the form of the attractive and young Amy Coney Barrett.

And quit questioning our motives, integrity, and honesty. They are all thinly veiled personal attacks,

Hal A. Lujah
3  Hal A. Lujah    3 months ago

Evangelicals see Trump as a remote control to get their way, because they are a rigid voting block and he has no ethical threshold when it comes to gaining their support.  Does it matter to them that he is a vile human being?  No.  They would have some serious explaining to do on judgement day if God were real.  

PJ
3.1  PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 months ago
 They would have some serious explaining to do on judgement day if God were real.  

For this reason I am hoping he is real.  I would love to be there when he shuts the door in their faces and tells them to go to hell.  hahahahahahaha

JohnRussell
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 months ago

I believe they see Trump as similar to one of the Old Testament figures who is flawed personally and behaviorally , but is being used by God as a vessel to enact God's will. Other than as a Bible story, the theory makes little sense. 

Add Evangelicals to the list of people who will have to reckon with profound embarrassment when this Trump era unravels. 

WallyW
3.3  WallyW  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    3 months ago
They would have some serious explaining to do on judgement day if God were real.  

Oh please....stop the drama! 

Hal A. Lujah
3.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  WallyW @3.3    3 months ago

You have a strange concept of drama.

Paula Bartholomew
3.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  WallyW @3.3    2 months ago

You first.

PJ
4  PJ    3 months ago

Trump is a reflection of who they are as human beings.   They are one in the same and no amount of disclaimers put out there about how they don't like what he says but support his policies will change the truth.  That have no principles and they are morally lacking.   

WallyW
4.1  WallyW  replied to  PJ @4    3 months ago
That have no principles and they are morally lacking.   

Now, now, please don't make ridiculous and sweeping generalizations. You're talking about millions of good and honest people, for heavens sake.

JohnRussell
4.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @4.1    3 months ago

Wally blathers out meaningless generalities in a defense (hopeless) of Trump. 

I am always pleased to have my original articles borne out in the comments. 

PJ
4.1.2  PJ  replied to  WallyW @4.1    3 months ago
You're talking about millions of good and honest people, for heavens sake.

I do not think they are good or honest people and I'm permitted my opinion.  If one of my sons brought one home to marry I would politely tell him to take the trash out and not return until he has removed that awful stench from him.   

JohnRussell
4.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @4.1.2    3 months ago

There is an old saying that goes something like "You shall know them by their fruit".  The fruit of Trump is Trump followers and the fruit of Trump followers is Trump. They are in a mutually diseased relationship. 

Trump is not defensible. I hate to have to be the one to break it to this site, as do you,  but so be it.

WallyW
4.1.4  WallyW  replied to  PJ @4.1.2    3 months ago

I suspect you would do just that!  

I like your comments, you're funny!  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

PJ
4.1.5  PJ  replied to  WallyW @4.1.4    3 months ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
4.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 months ago

Actually, I don't think you hate it all...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  WallyW @4.1    2 months ago
'You're talking about millions of good and honest people, for heavens sake.'

Oh, HELL NO

Vic Eldred
5  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

"As I am writing this I have a news program on in the background. One news item just passing through -  Donald Trump's pastor says he has never seen Donald Trump in the church.  This is a man who many of his followers believe has been anointed by God. Delusions are ubiquitous when it comes to Trump."

No, nobody believes that Trump has been anointed by God! The Evangelicals and other religious organizations who voted for Trump would have voted for Rubio or Cruz or whoever else the GOP nominated. This large part of the American electorate was driven to the Republican Party long ago by progressives.

Thank you, so much

nightwalker
5.1  nightwalker  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 months ago

Ah, but you forget, trump announced that Jerusalem belonged to and was the capital of Israel, doesn't he at least get a holy pat on the head or some kind of blessing from somebody?

What he did has a lot of religious people clapping their hands in glee over one more wonderful step to Armageddon.

And people wonder why everyone doesn't just love religions. 

Vic Eldred
5.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  nightwalker @5.1    3 months ago
trump announced that Jerusalem belonged to and was the capital of Israel

So did other US Presidents before him. Something to think about for those concerned about words.

What he did has a lot of religious people clapping their hands in glee over one more wonderful step to Armageddon.

I'm not sure what that means?  Does that mean we act out of fear of the Palestinians?

nightwalker
5.1.2  nightwalker  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    3 months ago

No, no other President has ever made such an announcement because it would increase tension in the Middle East a lot and the only one it pleases is Israel. That's nice, but was it a good idea? You may have noticed a increase in hostilities, just what the Middle East always needs.

Should we act out of hate for the Palestinians? Is this going to make relations with the Palestinians any easier?

Or we should go ahead and get this war thing started and settle this Religious stuff literally once and for all?

That's what we were put here for, wasn't it?

Vic Eldred
5.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  nightwalker @5.1.2    2 months ago
Should we act out of hate for the Palestinians?

Not out of hate, (there has never been evidence of that) nor should we act out of fear (read the words of JFK).

Is this going to make relations with the Palestinians any easier?

Relations will not be easy until the Palestinians recognize Israel's right to exist.

Or we should go ahead and get this war thing started and settle this Religious stuff literally once and for all?

We? Nobody has done more for peace in that hate-filled region.

That's what we were put here for, wasn't it?

Put here for?

JohnRussell
5.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 months ago

nobody believes that Trump has been anointed by God! ==============================
  • Was Donald Trump anointed by God to be the next president ...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/10/20/was-donald-trump-anointed...

Getty Images/Ralph Freso. But there are some members of the charismatic Christian right who not only believe Trump is the “Christian choice” but also that the candidate has been specifically anointed by God — at this specific time in American history — to lead America from President Barack Obama’s version of America back to prosperity.

• Millions of Americans Believe God Made Trump President ...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/27/millions-of...

Millions of Americans Believe God Made Trump President. Also sometimes referred to as “health and wealth” theology, this belief holds that God rewards faith with good health and financial success. By those very simple metrics, a billionaire like Donald Trump, whether his fortune came from family, scams or a higher power, must be a very faithful man.

• The Real Reason Why Donald Trump Was Chosen To Be The ...

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/here-is-the-real-reason-why-donald...

So to those of you who say that “God would never use a man like Donald Trump” say that in violation of how God has already revealed Himself to be with the rulers of nations. Over the past 6 months, Donald Trump has beat every single opponent presented to him, and by whopping margins.

• Trump’s ‘God whisperer’ says resisting him is an affront ...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-spiritual-adviser-affront-god-d615...

A stunning expression of Christian nationalism. White, a wealthy faith leader who originally gained notoriety for preaching a much-maligned version of the “ prosperity gospel ,” has been described as Trump’s “ God whisperer .” She is a longtime friend of the former businessman, was a regular surrogate for his campaign in 2016,...

• Was Trump Appointed By God? – The Forward

forward.com/fast-forward/359757/trump-appointed-by-god

As the President-elect would say, some people are asking. When one starts typing “Trump appointed” into Google, one of the first suggestions is “Trump appointed by god”. Contrary to popular query, Trump was affirmed by the U.S. Electoral College, not God, with 304 electoral votes on December 19, 2016.

• Did God choose Trump? What it means to believe in divine ...

https://religionnews.com/2017/01/17/did-god-choose-trump-what...

Ham, by contrast, believes Trump, even before he takes the oath of office, is already working in harmony with God. Trump has appointed Christians to important positions in the new administration.

• Is Donald Trump God’s Man of the Hour to Save America ...

https://singaporechristian.com/2016/03/14/is-donald-trump-gods...

Also, according to the EU Times, Trump has secret society connections and is a “Freemason leader” (please click here for full article ). Bahman Nassiri, a former 32 nd degree Freemason, has confirmed this on his Youtube channel by alleging that Trump is an Eagle – that is,...

• 3 people who see God working through Trump | Deseret News

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865671268/3-people-who-see-God...

3 people who see God working through Trump. By Emily McFarlan Miller, Yonat Shimron and Kimberly Winston, Religion News Service ... especially Sen. Ted Cruz and Dr. Ben Carson. Trump, she said ...

• WATCH: Pat Robertson Preaches Trump Was Appointed by God ...

https://latest.com/2017/05/watch-pat-robertson-preaches-trump-was...

WATCH: Pat Robertson Preaches Trump Was Appointed by God to Oval Office. Posted on May 30, 2017 at 10:30pm. Share. ... Robertson and his Christian Broadcasting Network have long been ardent supporters of Trump as God’s chosen candidate and often portray him as a fiercely Christian man. ... but Donald Trump has and you just wonder what God is ...

• Appointed by God! - askmehelpdesk.com

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/current-events/appointed-god-843270.html

Huckabee claims Trump was appointed by God. Scripturally this is correct since God appoints rulers but it has been a long time since anyone claimed to be an anointed king. Trump is about as far from a desirable ruler as you could get, but he might possess qualities that could get the job done, depending upon which job you wanted done.

Vic Eldred
5.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    2 months ago

"Think Progress" is on the extreme end of the Media Bias/Fact Check.....We can't use it

Greg Jones
5.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    2 months ago

You're appropriating Mac's style...he's gonna be pissed!  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The Magic Eight Ball
6  The Magic Eight Ball    3 months ago
That is because history is the judge of it, and the history of Trump's path through American politics will be seen as a disaster of heretofore unknown proportions. 

"history" will not give a flip what the left thinks.

Government

Department of Justice

Cutting regulations in government agencies (add 1, take out 2)

Economy

US Economic Confidence Surges To Highest Level Ever Recorded By Gallup

Homeland Security

Department of Defense

Veterans Administration

Trade Deals

JohnRussell
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @6    3 months ago

lol. In the first paragraph of history book sections on Donald Trump it will be stated that he was a constant liar. 

Any president could post a list of their "accomplishments" such as you just did. 

The Magic Eight Ball
6.1.1  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 months ago
Any president could post a list of their "accomplishments" such as you just did.

no... not even in your dreams

obama only wishes he could post these as his accomplishments.

Jobless Claims Lowest Level Since 1969

killing thousands of obama regulations worked like a charm

history will remember that also.

bugsy
6.1.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 months ago
it will be stated that he was a constant liar. 

Who gives a crap. You can't dent what 8 ball posted because you know every bit of it is true. I will take a lying politician who gets things done through leadership than a lying politician who only wanted to use a phone and a pen.

JohnRussell
6.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @6.1.2    3 months ago

We have a president that is a pathological liar.

We have a president that has cheated the US government out of tens of millions of dollars in taxes.

We have a president that paid a 25 million dollar settlement to hundreds of people his personal business defrauded.

We have a president who makes significant mistakes of fact every single day.

We have a president who behaves like a buffoon.

I want you to say you like Trump as president. Please, keep telling everyone you approve of a man who is a liar cheat crook ignoramus and buffoon. And those are not opinions, those are proven facts. Please Bugsy, tell everyone how much you admire a liar cheat ignoramus crook and buffoon.

bugsy
6.1.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    2 months ago
I want you to say you like Trump as president.

OK, I like Trump as President. He has done more positive things for this country in 2 years than the loser that preceded him in his entire 8 years.

With the exception of the 25 million, the rest of your post is your OPINION only, and not very good ones.

nightwalker
6.1.5  nightwalker  replied to  bugsy @6.1.2    2 months ago

Looks more like "if you can't dazzle them with truth, bury them in bullshit" to me. Lot of the things conservatives claim as a win aren't wins for anybody and some of the other wins aren't his to claim.

Greg Jones
6.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    2 months ago

We'll take you anywhere you want to go John, but never seriously.

JohnRussell
6.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.6    2 months ago

Wally is looking for you. You can help each other.

WallyW
6.2  WallyW  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @6    3 months ago
"history" does not give a flip what the left thinks.

As it has abundantly been displayed here on the forum, clear, concise, and critical thinking is a skill sadly lacking in a large number of liberals and progressives.

JohnRussell
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @6.2    3 months ago

Gaslighting the forum should be a coc violation. We will have to bring that up at the next vote. 

The Magic Eight Ball
6.2.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    3 months ago
Gaslighting the forum should be a coc violation

you would have nothing to post... LOL

JohnRussell
6.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @6.2.2    3 months ago

I write articles, Wally responds to them with robot like Trump fealty.

I am more than capable of listing all of Trump's idiocies, all of his lies, all of his ignorance, all of his crookedness. I know how to find them and how to copy and paste them. If it wouldn't take dozens of hours I might think about doing it. 

The Magic Eight Ball
6.2.4  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    3 months ago
I write articles,

that's your opinion.

cheers :)

WallyW
6.2.5  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    3 months ago

Heck...what else have you got to do, JR. Might as well spend hours making a list.

bugsy
6.2.6  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    3 months ago
I write articles

No, you slam on your keyboard, incessantly, about your hatred of a President you can do absolutely nothing about. Nobody changes their mind based on what you type....well, maybe a few liberals have come to the good side.

Greg Jones
6.2.7  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    2 months ago
I am more than capable of listing all of Trump's idiocies, all of his lies, all of his ignorance, all of his crookedness. I know how to find them and how to copy and paste them. If it wouldn't take dozens of hours I might think about doing it. 

We'll goody for you, aren't you wonderful. But why bother, nobody gives a shyt about your silly rants.

PJ
6.3  PJ  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @6    3 months ago

Fake news

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
8  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη    3 months ago

Every day John reminds us of his anguish over election night 2016.

One would think he'd be over it by now.

JohnRussell
8.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8    3 months ago

Many people can separate the Trump presidency from the 2016 election. You seem to be completely unable to.

Every word of what I said in the article is true.

We have a president that is a pathological liar.

We have a president that has cheated the US government out of tens of millions of dollars in taxes.

We have a president that paid a 25 million dollar settlement to hundreds of people his personal business defrauded.

We have a president who makes significant mistakes of fact every single day.

We have a president who behaves like a buffoon.

And all you can do is talk about the election 2 1/2 years ago.

One almost has to ask why you are so averse to criticizing Trump.  What are your motivations to pretend this travesty is nothing?

bugsy
8.1.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 months ago

Please point out which of the opinions you posted has affected your life personally?

JohnRussell
8.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @8.1.1    3 months ago

My opinions?

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
8.1.3  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 months ago

Too Funny.

I often wonder if you can go two minutes without groveling over the Trump.

JohnRussell
8.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8.1.3    3 months ago

BF, we have the worst president in the history of this country. He is provably a serial liar, crook, fraud, cheat, ignoramus , and buffoon. And yet you have never criticized him. You attack those who criticize Trump, not Trump.

Objectively, you have a lot of explaining to do.

ArkansasHermit-too
8.1.6  ArkansasHermit-too  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8.1.3    3 months ago
I often wonder if you can go two minutes without groveling over the Trump.

BF, Freudian slip?

I mean, if you were responding to one of John's clear observations about Trump it would have had to read something like;

I often wonder if you can go two minutes without trying to  educate America about Trump.

Though there are several posters on this site that do "GROVEL" for Trump constantly, ( 51EJb%2B2bNPL._SY679_.jpg), John can in no way be considered part of that ever shrinking segment of America.

Jack_TX
8.1.7  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.4    3 months ago
BF, we have the worst president in the history of this country.

Clearly not old enough to remember Carter, Nixon or LBJ.

bugsy
8.1.8  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    2 months ago

OK, so you post OPINIONS of others wo do not like Trump. Who cares.

Now, answer my question. What has Trump done that PERSONALLY affects YOU, besides making you go broke on butt hurt cream.

Ed-NavDoc
8.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8    3 months ago

Comes from being faced with the truth they cannot admit or accept. It is always so much better to blame others and tell them how wrong they are...

JohnRussell
8.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.2    3 months ago

[deleted]

bugsy
8.2.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    3 months ago

removed for context

JohnRussell
8.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @8.2.2    3 months ago
removed for context

No, it is obvious common sense. Do you even pay attention to what Trump says every day. He is dumb as a fucking rock.  Whod of thunk it?

arkpdx
8.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    3 months ago
He is dumb as a fucking rock. 

Just think how dumb and incompetent his opponent was since he so handily defeated her. Is she even able to breath for herself? We sure got lucky that day.. 

Ed-NavDoc
8.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    2 months ago

removed for context

bugsy
8.2.6  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 months ago
He is dumb as a fucking rock

Who cares??????/ Obama was dumber than a rock and you slobbered over him for almost an entire decade.

Of course, when that was pointed out, you and your ilk screamed raaaaacccciiiisssssss.....

JohnRussell
8.2.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @8.2.6    2 months ago
Who cares??????/ Obama was dumber than a rock and you slobbered over him for almost an entire decade.

As long as people are allowed to say idiotic things like that on NT, and people who understand the truth are not allowed to respond appropriately, this site will never reach it's potential.

We have right wingers on this site who spend all their time doing the sort of gaslighting bamboozling and nonsense making as is seen in the above.

Ed-NavDoc
8.2.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.7    2 months ago

Sweeping generalisation if there ever were....

Ed-NavDoc
8.2.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.2.5    2 months ago

removed for context

JohnRussell
8.2.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.2.8    2 months ago

Bla bla bla.   "Conservatives" should be ashamed of themselves. They are aiding and abetting the worst president in our history as a nation.

JohnRussell
8.2.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.2.9    2 months ago
removed for context

lol. Are you serious?

JohnRussell
8.2.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.1    2 months ago

[Deleted, meta]

Trump is a fraud, a con man, a perpetual liar, a crook, an ignoramus, and a buffoon. Those are not guesses. Those are the reality of the situation. 

They try and defend Trump by either attacking me or making preposterous comparisons between Trump and Obama or Clinton. It is nothing but gaslighting and bamboozling. 

nightwalker
8.2.13  nightwalker  replied to  bugsy @8.2.6    2 months ago

Let's see, Obama:

Graduated Columbia University with a degree in Political Science, 1983.

Entered Harvard law school 1988, met Constitution law Professor Laurence Tribe who added Obama as his research assistant in 1989.

In 1990, Obama was elected editor of the Harvard Law Review.

Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School 1991.

After law school he went to Chicago and was a civil rights lawyer for the firm Miner, Barnhill and Gayland law firm. (Strike one from the conservative parade, "civil rights.") Boooo! Hssss!

He also lectured at The University of Chicago first as a lecturer and later as a Professor, 1992-2004.

Married Michelle in 1992.

Here's another baaddd one (strike two from the conservatives) in 1985 worked as a community organizer for low income resident communities on Chicago's south side. (the words "organizer combined with "low income" drives conservatives crazy.)

Yep, that's one dumb rock, alright. You can tell, he's only been married once, and is still married to (can you imagine?) his first wife.

Let's peek at your He-row, the one with a GOOD brain, even if he has to say so himself, and he DOES have to say so himself because nobody else will.

New York Military Academy at 13, star athlete and student leader (daddy was rich, right? of course, that wasn't a factor) grad 1964.

Fordham University for 2 years, then transferred to Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania grad 1968, degree in economics. 

That's it, if you don't count scripted reality game show host.

But he is on his third wife, good boy, it only makes the evangelists love him more. 

Greg Jones
8.2.14  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 months ago
Do you even pay attention to what Trump says every day

Nope! But I don't suffer from OCD.

JumpingJackFlash
9  JumpingJackFlash    3 months ago

blah blah, so much certainty. Reminds me of pre-election polls.

Trump 2020, Keep America Great!!!

Jack_TX
10  Jack_TX    3 months ago
a new emboldening of the Trump supporters who like to advertise their allegiance to him by wearing the MAGA hat. 

Their boldness never waned. 

If there is one thing that is 100% a certainty concerning this Trump era, it is that it is not going to end well.

Let's face it.  No matter how it ends you will declare it a catastrophe.  If every American is a millionaire and cancer is cured by the time he leaves office, you'll find something to whine about. 

Dean Moriarty
11  Dean Moriarty    2 months ago

Greg Jones
11.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Dean Moriarty @11    2 months ago

[Deleted]

Greg Jones
11.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Greg Jones @11.1    2 months ago

How does it skirt the CoC?

It Is ME
12  It Is ME    2 months ago

"emboldening of the Trump supporters who like to advertise their allegiance to him by wearing the MAGA hat. "

"Make America GREAT Again" is much better than wearing hats and shirts "advertising for Pepsi" or claiming "I'm with Stupid" !