╌>

Donald Trump Will Lie About Anything

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  johnrussell  •  5 years ago  •  22 comments

Donald Trump Will Lie About Anything

The facts - Trump's Monday night rally in El Paso Texas had appx 6500 people inside (according to Fire Dept enforced building capacity) and perhaps 6- 12 thousand more outside watching on a big screen. Total 12,000 to 18,000.

The counter rally down the street hosted by Beto O'Rourke had between 7000 to 15000 according to various estimates.

For my purposes I will split the difference on each of them and say that Trump had 15,000 attendees and O'Rourke's counter rally had 11,000.

-

In any case , Trump's crowd was less than 2x the size of O'Rourke's rally . During his speech Trump claimed that his rally was 117x larger than the other rally. Trump claimed that he had 35,000 attendees, and O'Rourke had 300.

“A young man who's got very little going for himself except he's got a great first name. He challenged us. We have say 35,000 people tonight, and he has, say, 200 people, 300 people," Trump said at his rally in El Paso. "Not too good. In fact, what I would do, that may be the end of his presidential bid."

The saddest part is that there is no doubt that true blue Trump supporters will believe him and spread the "news" that Trump had a hundred times more people than the "haters" had.

Constant unapologetic lying by the president of the United States is a profound problem, yet so many Americans , including many independents and moderates, remain silent. As the next two years unfold and a massively beleaguered Trump becomes more and more dishonest and unhinged, who will speak up?

==============================================================

related

Bloomberg’s White House correspondent quoted an El Paso Police estimate that was considerably higher. Jennifer Epstein tweeted that between 10,000 and 15,000 had attended the anti-wall protest.

Haake‏ gave the tally of 6,500 individuals inside the arena, as per the fire department, and between 10,000 to 12,000 outside, via NBC News reporter Ali Vitali. In terms of crowd size, this might give the edge to Trump.

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-vs-trump-who-had-bigger-crowd-el-paso-1327514

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

He has a big brain and the best words though.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Words so good ... you won't believe how good, trust me.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

Those are really bigly words....also really really bigly lies.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Trump's crowd was less than 2x the size of O'Rourke's rally ."

Funny….how Liberal types ALWAYS love using the words "LESS THAN". If they said "MORE THAN", their constituents would be pissed.

"Less is ALWAYS better" in "Liberal Land" !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

removed for context

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.2    5 years ago

removed for context

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    5 years ago

removed for context

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

DJT will lie about anything?

How can that be if one knows nothing about anything...……….except what spews from the gut which is not properly flushed into an already antiquated and outdated sewage system?  The hell with infrastructure....poop burns. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Yeah?  103,000 people attended the Super Bowl.  That's three times the numbers for both rallies combined.  Does that mean football is more important than border security?  Spouting numbers is just a way to mislead people.  

Illegal immigrants just want to live in America.  Legal immigrants want to be Americans.  That's the difference.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Nerm_L @5    5 years ago

Does that mean football is more important than border security? 

I gather that you have never viewed at game at a hard core sport's bar.  Try it sometime and you will have your answer.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

https://youtu.be/jmSxi2adybQ