╌>

Chris Wallace Rips Into Stephen Miller on Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  don-overton  •  5 years ago  •  49 comments

Chris Wallace Rips Into Stephen Miller on Fox News
He also confronted Miller about the lies he tells about immigration and drugs.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday challenged   right-wing White House aide Stephen Miller  about the need for a wall on the southern U.S. border. He also confronted Miller about the lies he tells about immigration and drugs.

In his interview on  Fox News Sunday , Wallace told  Miller  that between 80 and 90 percent of illegal drugs, such as cocaine, heroin, and fentanyl, are seized at U.S. border crossings where there is no need for a wall.

But all  Miller  did was complain that President George W. Bush failed to protect American citizens against immigrants crossing the border illegally. And he didn’t like it when Wallace confronted him with the facts.

“Four times as many people were coming across the border in 2000 as compared to now,” Wallace pointed out to the Trump adviser. “So why is that a national emergency?”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Fox News kicking trump in the nuts, how funny

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Don Overton @1    5 years ago
Fox News kicking trump in the nuts, how funny

Chris Wallace has been a registered Democrat for decades, so it's no surprise that he'd try to go after Miller. Too bad Wallace failed.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1    5 years ago

According to the majority of mida comments Wallace cleaned his ass

Try again, and don't use the cry  babies that came out after him.  You know as well as I do that his rabid base are to ignorant to figure out what's going on

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Don Overton @1.1.1    5 years ago
According to the majority of mida comments

I cannot answer your comment until you explain what "mida comments" are.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.2    5 years ago
I cannot answer your comment until you explain what "mida comments" are

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.2    5 years ago
I cannot answer

He didn't ask you a question. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.1.4    5 years ago
He didn't ask you a question.

I didn't say that he did. Feel free to read his comment again and my reply to it.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.6  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.5    5 years ago

Feel free to leave this article if you can't be civil.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Don Overton @1.1.6    5 years ago
1.1.6     seeder    Don Overton     replied to    Jasper2529   @ 1.1.5   Feel free to leave this article if you can't be civil.

All of my comments have been civil.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    5 years ago

..... and Miller ripped back .... yawn.

That said, i thought Fox news was a stooge for conservatives.   So much for that theory eh?

Imagine a CNN reporter ripping into a liberal like Wallace did with Miller.

Never gonna happen ..... which clearly illustrates the difference between the two.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @2    5 years ago
That said, i thought Fox news was a stooge for conservatives.   So much for that theory eh?

So did I. To the best of my knowledge, FNC currently has 3 registered Democrat program hosts: Chris Wallace, Tucker Carlson, and Shep Smith. There are others whose party affiliation/preference I question as well, but I can't prove those.  

In addition, each FNC show invites and welcomes guests or panels that include Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians. MSM doesn't seem to want opposing views.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1    5 years ago

How do you get Calson to be a democrat???? wow what a leap

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Don Overton @2.1.1    5 years ago
How do you get Calson to be a democrat???? wow what a leap

According to footnoted citations from WaPo and Business Insider:

Despite his political views, in common with many residents of the  District of Columbia   he is a registered member of the  Democratic Party .   The Washington Post  noted that it is not uncommon for voters in a heavily-Democratic area to register with that party to be able to vote in important primary elections. [42] Carlson stated in a 2017 interview that he registered for the Democratic Party to gain the right to vote in District of Columbia mayoral elections in which he "always votes for the more corrupt candidate over the idealist". [43]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.2    5 years ago
Carlson stated in a 2017 interview that he registered for the Democratic Party to gain the right to vote in District of Columbia mayoral elections in which he "always votes for the more corrupt candidate over the idealist".

So he is an elephant in donkey clothing.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    5 years ago
So he is an elephant in donkey clothing.

It doesn't matter to me what Tucker Carlson's chosen political affiliation is. Unlike others, I don't judge people based upon their political affiliation.

He has stated that he's a registered Democrat and it is documented. Period.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to    5 years ago
And from your opening salvo at 1.1

You considered 1.1 a salvo .  Interesting that your comment deliberately ignored the following part of my comment 1.1:

In addition, each FNC show invites and welcomes guests or panels that include Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians. MSM doesn't seem to want opposing views.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.6    5 years ago
Interesting that your comment deliberately ignored the following part of my comment 1.1:

Interesting that you deliberately conflated your 1.1 comment with your 2.1 comment to try, and fail, to make a point.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.8  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.4    5 years ago

Do you believe that Trump is rational?

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.9  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.6    5 years ago

Which Fox and fools do you watch?  The largest majority of "guests" are Trumpanzzees and only follow the trump bullshit

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.4    5 years ago

He has stated that he's a registered Democrat and it is documented. Period.

He stated that he is a Republican who registered as a Democrat in order to attempt to undermine the Democratic process of selecting a Democratic nominee.

You need to read the whole thing.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

Tucker Carlson a dem...LMAO...

In his own words...

Tucker Carlson:   I don't want to give the party thing because it's actually misleading. I never vote so that's the truth. I didn't vote this time, I never do. "Then you don't have the right to give your opinion" — yeah, I do. And in fact, I do.

I'm registered with a party that I sincerely despise because I think it's really a force for bad in this country and it's the Democratic party. But I'm registered because I live in the district, it's a one-party state and the one election I always vote in is the mayor's race because it matters. I own property there, I race for children there. If you live in the city, I think it's worth voting for an election so I always do.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

It is too little and too late for Wallace.  Miller will be vindicated by his lies.  Mueller will be arrested and jailed.  The wall will become a national priority.  The democratic party will be destroyed.  The family of Trump will become the New America's lord and overseer. 

Peace is war.  Poverty is prosperity.  Chains are freedom.  Sinclair will become The Word.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago

How comical

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Don Overton @4.1    5 years ago

Occasionally, a little levity soothes. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2  JBB  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago

Bassackwards lying Trumpian double speak would make Orwell blush...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @4.2    5 years ago

Did good, didn't I?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @4.2.1    5 years ago

You did most excellent.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

I don't watch it a lot, but it seems like the people at Fox News are plenty willing to be hard on Trump and his administration.  That doesn't mean you need to be hating him or wishing for his impeachment 24/7. The bias is so bad right now on CNN and MSNBC that anyone not trying to lynch Trump or his people looks partisan I guess.

With respect to border fencing, why does it need to be all or nothing? Why is it that if you're for a wall, it somehow means that you're opposed to stepping up drug searches at ports of entry, tracking down people who have overstayed visas, or punishing employers who hire illegal aliens? It's not either/or. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

You don't understand ...... Trump beat their anointed one ..... he must be resisted at everything and at all costs ..... this is a moral imperative handed down from the hive.

The problem in this case is   ...... Resistance is futile!

Poor things

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @5.1    5 years ago
You don't understand ...... Trump beat their anointed one ..... he must be resisted at everything and at all costs ..... this is a moral imperative handed down from the hive.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization and simply your opinion. It certainly doesn't fit why I have little use for Trump. He's a constant liar and bully, cannot put together a coherent policy and some of his appointees stink. 

That's only for starters...LOL 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to    5 years ago

Lol .....cowering to despots?

Hilarious!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @5.1.2    5 years ago

It's clearly not a sweeping generalization.   Not in the least and i find it hard to believe that a thinking person like yourself would try to characterize it as one.   Didn't think you would buy all the propaganda being spewed out there by the media these days.   Oh well .... c'est la vie.

That said, you must not have much use for most politicians.   Since you've pretty much described the majority of them with your comment below .....

constant liar and bully, cannot put together a coherent policy and some of his appointees stink. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @5.1.4    5 years ago
It's clearly not a sweeping generalization.   Not in the least and i find it hard to believe that a thinking person like yourself would try to characterize it as one.   Didn't think you would buy all the propaganda being spewed out there by the media these days.   Oh well .... c'est la vie.

Simply your opinion once again. For a thinking person you really missed the ball on that comment.....LOL...And when it comes to lying and bullying Trump is in a class by himself. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.7  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    5 years ago
 Man, I've seen so many comical comments in one place since trump sent his tweets out this A.M.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @5.1.6    5 years ago

you are entitled to your opinion ..... to bad it’s wrong ..... lol .... lol

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
Why is it that if you're for a wall, it somehow means that you're opposed to stepping up drug searches at ports of entry

What many on the Left don't understand is HOW illegal drugs pour into the USA through legal ports of entry. Here's one of many examples:

Ashtabula County Detective Taylor Cleveland appeared on “Fox & Friends” Monday to explain how the current border crisis has magnified Ohio’s methamphetamine problem.

“It’s an economics problem. For years, Summit county in Akron and Ashtabula county east of Cleveland have led the state in meth labs. Traditionally that’s generally how people were producing meth in those two counties,” he said.

“And the drug cartels in Mexico seized upon that demand problem up there in those two counties and realized that they could produce meth for cheaper, ship it in using already established distribution networks and logistics networks and make a higher profit selling it cheaper in those counties.”

Cleveland said the  drugs  are hidden in legitimate parcels and  smuggled  across the  border  through legal ports of entry.

Please watch the interview. Meth is blended into the trucks' diesel fuel tanks and then drained and reconstituted after the legitimate products have been delivered in Ohio. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
With respect to border fencing, why does it need to be all or nothing?

Good question. Why do you suppose Trump has made it so? 

Why is it that if you're for a wall, it somehow means that you're opposed to stepping up drug searches at ports of entry, tracking down people who have overstayed visas, or punishing employers who hire illegal aliens? It's not either/or. 

Well Trump declared a National Emergency specifically for WALL construction. Trump tries to downplay the facts about Ports of Entry being integral in curbing drug infiltration. ICE has NOT concentrated on those that overstay their visas. Nor has the GOP supported E-Verify or the strengthening of penalties against employers who hire illegal aliens. Hell, Trump org gets away with it, no worries. 

So Trump and the GOP have been ALL about 'border security' to now include a WALL and it sure looks like they ARE either or...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.3    5 years ago
Why do you suppose Trump has made it so?

Has he? Where did he say "let's ignore people who overstay their visas?" When did he say "drugs coming through ports of entry don't matter?" I think it's his political opponents and the media who have portrayed it that way. I'm not aware of Trump refusing to consider any path to securing our borders and improving control on illegal traffic into this country.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.1    5 years ago
Where did he say "let's ignore people who overstay their visas?"

When has Trump acknowledge that the issue even exists Tacos!? Almost DOUBLE the amount that are apprehended at the border overstay their visa EVERY YEAR. NO funding has gone to ramping up a program to mitigate the issue. 

When did he say "drugs coming through ports of entry don't matter?" 

Trump denies that it happens:

"A big majority of the big drugs, the big drugloads don't go through ports of entry," Trump said. "They can't go through ports of entry. You can't take big loads because you have people. We have some very capable people, the Border Patrol, law enforcement, looking."

“We have tremendous amounts of drugs flowing into our country,” Trump said. “Much of it coming from the southern border, when you look and when you listen to politicians, particularly certain Democrats, they say ‘It all comes through the ports of entry.’ Wrong, it’s wrong. It’s just a lie. It’s all a lie. They say, ‘Walls don’t work.’ Walls work 100%.”

I think it's his political opponents and the media who have portrayed it that way.

Those are Trump's own words...and his LACK of action is proof enough. DEA and DHS data utterly refutes Trump's bullshit.

I'm not aware of Trump refusing to consider any path to securing our borders and improving control on illegal traffic into this country.

Though you CAN make yourself aware of what has been done in the last 2+ years and recognize that Trump isn't DOING anything but WHINING. 

Hell, Trump hasn't even spent the fence funding authorized for 2018 yet. 

BTFW, did you notice that Stephen Miller admitted that only about 80 miles of fence is going to be added by Trump's 'National Emergency'? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @5.3.2    5 years ago
Where did he say "let's ignore people who overstay their visas?"
When has Trump acknowledge that the issue even exists Tacos!?

August 31, 2016 when he introduced a 10-point plan to combat illegal immigration. Point 8:

8. Completing a biometric entry-exit visa tracking system. Many undocumented immigrants enter the country legally, and then overstay their visas. In those cases, this kind of system would be more effective than a border wall. While such a system has been discussed for years, the logistics remain a major challenge. Putting in such a system would likely require major overhauls of U.S. points of entry, such as airports and ports.

As you can see, he also acknowledges the complex nature of that problem - something he probably can't solve by simply throwing money at some construction crews.

Trump's bullshit

You know what's not bullshit? That we have an immigration problem and it needs solving.

Trump isn't DOING anything but WHINING

Actually he tries to do things but gets blocked by people who hate him more than they care about the immigration problem. Heck, even if whining were all he was doing, that would be more than any other elected official is doing.

Even if you think Trump has some stuff wrong - and I would agree with that - we have endured many years of presidents and Congress not taking the problem seriously. We get talk now and then but precious little action. This is a big reason why Trump got elected. He convinced voters that he was going to take the problem seriously. If you also take the problem seriously, then stop quibbling over minor points like saying X is more important than Y or Z. Let's take care of X, Y, and Z all in one go.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.3    5 years ago
August 31, 2016 when he introduced a 10-point plan to combat illegal immigration. Point 8:

Oh goody gum drops, Trump posted a talking point and hasn't done SHIT since...

As you can see, he also acknowledges the complex nature of that problem - something he probably can't solve by simply throwing money at some construction crews.

Actually what I see is him jumping on a band wagon and failing to follow through. He sure as hell didn't fund it in his budgets. 

You know what's not bullshit? That we have an immigration problem and it needs solving.

Yet Trump has done NOTHING to do so, all he has done is exacerbate the problem. 

Actually he tries to do things but gets blocked by people who hate him more than they care about the immigration problem.

What has he 'tried' to do Tacos!? Cite a specific proposal that Trump has put forward to solve the immigration problem. I'll wait...

Heck, even if whining were all he was doing, that would be more than any other elected official is doing.

More bullshit. Graham and Durbin gave Trump a chance and he gave them the finger. 25 billion and he turned it down. That was just last year. 

we have endured many years of presidents and Congress not taking the problem seriously.

Come on Tacos!, you can't seriously think that Trump takes the problem seriously. It's a shinny object for his sycophants. Hell, he pretends that he's already built most of the WALL and the cheer. 

The WALL is Trump's 'Never Ending Story'. His fans lap it up...

OMFG there's still a foot gap along the border, the HORROR! /s

If you also take the problem seriously, then stop quibbling over minor points like saying X is more important than Y or Z. Let's take care of X, Y, and Z all in one go.

The ONLY thing that I think is of EMINENT importance are the TRUTH and FACTS. It's pretty fucking obvious that Trump has NO intention of basing the debate on either. How about you? 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.4  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

but it seems like the people at Fox News are plenty willing to be hard on Trump and his administration

Sure they are.  Maybe you should spend a little time reviewing Fox and fools.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Don Overton @5.4    5 years ago

What is talking about a single show going to prove about the network as a whole? Does that somehow take away from all the other shows?

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.2  seeder  Don Overton  replied to  Tacos! @5.4.1    5 years ago

Since it's followers can be characterized as some of the most ignorant and uneducated it has a lot to do with medica.  They can understand the lies and misrepresentations from fox and fools because they broadcast at a 3rd grade level where at least the majority of the mainstream are at a 6th grade level

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.3  Dulay  replied to  Don Overton @5.4.2    5 years ago

Trump is their biggest fan. He watches, tweets and hashtags them almost every morning. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    5 years ago

Steven Miller reminds me of Count Chocula only more evil like Nosferatu...

What a vile man. That wasn't a question. A Renfield to The King of Vulgaria.