╌>

Drawn on My Cellphone

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  malamuteman  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Drawn on My Cellphone

A while back I decided I wanted to draw stuff... I took a course... I practiced... but I was never satisfied with my drawings... cuz I want them to be proportionally correct...

Then I came up with this idea... I would bring one of my photos into Photoshop and use the line drawing tool to trace the basic outlines in the image, using the photo as an underlying layer, so as to establish a basic structure for the image. Then I printed those lines very faintly on paper, and then proceeded to sketch with pencil on paper using the faint lines as a guide. Here is an example of a drawing I did using this technique... Junco by Mal, 2012

Recently I got a new cellphone, a Samsung Note 8. I discovered that Adobe makes a free phone app called Sketch that lets you draw on the phone using the s-pen stylus. It turns out this app also lets you put a photo on an underlying layer to use as a guide. The following are several drawings I made using 512 this techinque...

All these images were drawn on my cell phone... none of the original photograph is shown in any of these images...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Wow, what a great idea and these are great. I have to say the variety of topics that you have drawn are both interesting and well executed. 

How do you enjoy drawing? Have you tried this with painting?

MalamuteMan
Professor Quiet
2  author  MalamuteMan    5 years ago

Hi Perrie,

Thanks!!!

I haven't done any painting per se (with a real paint brush)... The colored clown face is an effort to "paint" using a digital brush... But... I think that is great idea for a variation on this theme... I may give it a try.

It is so good to see you... :o)

I'm just getting back on my feet so to speak... I've had four major surgeries (last was a total knee replacement) and a few minor ones in the last three years, and I am sick of being sick!!! :o\

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MalamuteMan @2    5 years ago

As a painter, I think you will enjoy painting. 

And good to see you too! 

I am sorry to hear about your various health issues. I don't blame you of feeling sick of being sick. I hope things are on the upturn now. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Way to go Mal - an absolutely fantastic collection.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    5 years ago

Oh WOW !!

Kudos, Mal !

Awesome sauce !!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    5 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

That's awesome, Mal!

Good to see you again!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8  pat wilson    5 years ago

Very nice, Mal !

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     5 years ago