╌>

Gillibrand’s Tax Returns Show ‘Significant Savings’ Under GOP Law, Accountant Says

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  198 comments

Gillibrand’s Tax Returns Show ‘Significant Savings’ Under GOP Law, Accountant Says
The Republican tax overhaul gave a New York Democratic senator a tax break.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"Gillibrand became the first 2020 contender to publish her 2018 tax return on Wednesday, showing how she fared following President Donald Trump’s 2017 tax overhaul. Gillibrand, who has said the tax law is an example of “Washington’s culture of soft-corruption at its worst,” got a tax cut worth several thousand dollars, according to two accountants who viewed the returns."

"The exact comparison is difficult because Gillibrand reported more in income in 2017 than in 2018, but Gillibrand saw “significant savings” from the tax bill, said Michael Knight, an accountant at Knight Rolleri Sheppard in Fairfield, Connecticut."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Who knew Gillibrand was actually part of the "Corrupt" ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

OMG! Do you mean to tell us that Gillibrand, like virtually EVERY single American, took advantage of tax laws?

I wonder if she included a check to the General Treasury for any benefits she received that she is so against?

I am betting no on that!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    5 years ago
OMG!

The "Left" running for President are such Hypocrites ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

But …..They placate to the lemmings, and we all know what Lemmings are like.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

How exactly do you think the seed is humorous or indicates any corruption of this particular candidate?

Must be a very slow news day...jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    5 years ago

She's a liberal Democrat. That's almost  always a sign of being corrupt.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    5 years ago

You didn't comprehend on purpose huh !

The "Liberal mantra Against the Trump Tax cuts:

Liberal/Far left now...Gillibrand Statement: "the tax law is an example of “Washington’s culture of soft-corruption at its worst,”

She got her bucks back ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    5 years ago
That's almost  always a sign of being corrupt.

What in the name of holy fuck! makes you people think that Dems are obligated NOT to follow tax laws?  

Junior Participates
1.2.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @1.2    5 years ago

Jeebus H. Clowncar....these people need to stop huffing!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.3    5 years ago
What in the name of holy fuck! makes you people think that Dems are obligated NOT to follow tax laws?  

I don't know, maybe the bitching of people on the left who complain about Trump following tax laws and then bitching about him not paying enough?

Junior Participates
1.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.5    5 years ago
Trump following tax laws and then bitching about him not paying enough?

Ummmm, you mean evading tax laws, right?  There's a reason that your Shitbag refuses to let us see his tax returns and it's not because he overpays his taxes.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.2.7  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.6    5 years ago

There is a reason that he refuses to let us see his tax returns: BECAUSE THEY ARE HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND WE DO NOT HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW HOW HE MADE HIS MONEY NOR HOW MUCH HE PAID IN TAXES!

Do you get it now?  The ONLY reasons tax returns are being released is to create a POLITICAL STATEMENT rather than to give us a good idea of what someone's policies or ideas will do for us.  A person running for office should be only required to convince us to vote for them based on their policies and ideas, not because their tax returns show something or not.

The entire "Release the tax returns" BS is emphasizing that the government has the RIGHT AND OBLIGATION to STEAL YOUR MONEY from YOUR HARD WORK.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.8  Snuffy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.6    5 years ago
Ummmm, you mean evading tax laws, right?  There's a reason that your Shitbag refuses to let us see his tax returns and it's not because he overpays his taxes.

but Rachael Madow did release part of his tax return, showed he paid his fair share according to the tax laws at the time.  And at his income level,  his tax returns are audited every year according to what was said before.  Do you really believe that if he was evading tax laws that the IRS would not have caught him by now?  good lord,  bitch about the man all you want but at least be accurate in what you are bitching about.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  Sunshine  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.6    5 years ago
Ummmm, you mean evading tax laws, right? 

You better contact 1-800-IRS-EVADE.  Oh wait, they have been auditing Trump for years.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.6    5 years ago
Ummmm, you mean evading tax laws, right? There's a reason that your Shitbag refuses to let us see his tax returns and it's not because he overpays his taxes.

Pretty damn sure he didn't UNDERpay his taxes either, or the IRS would have made him pay up when they audited him.

Why not just admit that you're still pissed because he won't release his taxes?

LOL!

Junior Participates
1.2.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @1.2.7    5 years ago
BECAUSE THEY ARE HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY AND WE DO NOT HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW HOW HE MADE HIS MONEY NOR HOW MUCH HE PAID IN TAXES!

I should have debunked that false claim earlier.  They are the property of the IRS.  They are kept private unless they contain fraudulent data in which case they are subject to being subpoenaed by the courts or Congress.  And you tell us we don't know the law?  Once again, jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.12    5 years ago
I should have debunked that false claim earlier. They are the property of the IRS. They are kept private unless they contain fraudulent data in which case they are subject to being subpoenaed by the courts or Congress. And you tell us we don't know the law? Once again

If the IRS owns the returns, why would it ever be necessary for the taxpayer to sign off on the returns being publicized or for Congress' Joint Committee on Taxation to sign off on disclosure?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.2.14  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.12    5 years ago

So, you want people to see what is in your Social Security account by the SSA publishing the contents?  You want the IRS to just publish your tax returns without your permission?  You see, there are laws against those actions, since the government knows that those things are Private Property.  Just like someone hunting on your land needing your permission, they have to get your permission to release any documents between you and the government.  So, you are just trying to create a myth to justify your position of wanting to invade someone else's privacy and theft of their private property.

Junior Participates
1.2.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.13    5 years ago
If the IRS owns the returns, why would it ever be necessary for the taxpayer to sign off on the returns being publicized or for Congress' Joint Committee on Taxation to sign off on disclosure?

Try reading 1.2.12 a couple more times.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.1    5 years ago

That’s for sure. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif  I couldn’t have said it better myself. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.2.15    5 years ago

why bother---it is still the same bs no matter how many times it is read.

Junior Participates
1.2.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.5    5 years ago
I don't know, maybe the bitching of people on the left who complain about Trump following tax laws and then bitching about him not paying enough?

Lamest excuse for peddling bullshit ever.  

lib50
Professor Silent
3  lib50    5 years ago

Are you trying to defend those deficit exploding tax cuts to the top?  Which, by the way, has led to more stock buy-backs than investment in assets.  What kind of point are you trying to make here?  Kinda weird. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @3    5 years ago

Gillibrand "Kept" what she was allowed to keep.

Why doesn't she write a check back to the IRS...since it's unethical to keep your own money....according to the "Wack" !

Junior Participates
3.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1    5 years ago
Who knew Gillibran

I guess the fact that she voted against the tax cut would be lost on you people. Jeezus, the desperation reeks. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    5 years ago
I guess the fact that she voted against the tax cut would be lost on you people.

Yet....she takes her perk anyway ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
3.1.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.2    5 years ago
Yet....she takes her perk anyway !

So, you DO want to see Scumbag's taxes then to show how he doesn't do that, right?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.4    5 years ago
So, you DO want to see Scumbag's taxes then to show how he doesn't do that, right?

What ????

Did you forget MadCow already showed us Trumps Tax returns ?

That went well didn't it. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
3.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.5    5 years ago
Did you forget MadCow already showed us Trumps Tax returns ?

Isn't that cute that you're pretending  I was talking about one year and one form.  Ten years, and the full fucking return for each year.   

Junior Participates
3.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.2    5 years ago
Yet....she takes her perk anyway !

And you somehow think she shouldn't?  Was she supposed to over-report her income (i.e., fill out a false return) so she could pay more than she should in taxes? IOW, break the law?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.8  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.7    5 years ago
And you somehow think she shouldn't? 

Her Words:

"the tax law is an example of “Washington’s culture of soft-corruption at its worst ,” 

She sides with "Corruption", albeit a "Soft" Corruption ! jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.9  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.6    5 years ago
Ten years, and the full fucking return for each year.   

Not required !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.6    5 years ago

Sorry, Charlie, you have no "right" to see anyone's tax returns. They are PRIVATE for a reason.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.7    5 years ago

Wow.

Is it really against the law to fail to TAKE a legal deduction? Can you cite the US Code, or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Can you give us examples of people prosecuted for overpayments? Or for failing to take a deduction?

Junior Participates
3.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.8    5 years ago

Unlike the hard-core version by Scumbag.  Thankyouverymuch. 

Junior Participates
3.1.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.9    5 years ago
Not required !

No but then there's the fact that every other presidential nominee back to Nixon has done it anyway, that is until Scumbag.  Why that fact doesn't even register as a red flag with you people is a self-indictment.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.14  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.12    5 years ago

The "Hate" is strong in this one Darth Sidious ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
3.1.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.11    5 years ago
Is it really against the law to fail to TAKE a legal deduction? Can you cite the US Code, or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Wow, is right.  Either you deliberately misinterpreted what I wrote or don't have a clue what I'm talking about but either way it's your problem.  Sort of reminds me of how you tried to muddy up another lengthy discussion we had recently. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.16  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.13    5 years ago
but then there's the fact that every other presidential nominee back to Nixon has done it anyway

So What !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.15    5 years ago

I just addressed what you claimed.

Now you can either back your wild-ass claims up or keep quiet.

Your words:

It's actually against the law to overpay taxes.

So, cite the code where it states that it is illegal to overpay taxes.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.18  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.2    5 years ago

But you wouldn't take the perk.  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @3.1.18    5 years ago

He didn't say that.

What that implies is that he wouldn't bitch about getting the perk AND take it at the same time. That is what is commonly known as hypocrisy.

Junior Participates
3.1.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1    5 years ago
Why doesn't she write a check back to the IRS...since it's unethical to keep your own money....according to the "Wack" !

Clearly now in Rightwing Bizarroland.  

Junior Participates
3.1.21  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.16    5 years ago
So What !

So this:  There's something in Scumbag's tax returns that shows either what a liar he is about his wealth or that he's dirty (and most likely both and probably more).  If he had nothing to hide he wouldn't be hiding it.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.23  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Don Overton @3.1.18    5 years ago
But you wouldn't take the perk.

I'm not "Against" the Perk. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.24  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.21    5 years ago
So this:  There's something in Scumbag's tax returns that shows either what a liar he is about his wealth or that he's dirty

Now who told you that ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
3.1.25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.19    5 years ago
What that implies is that he wouldn't bitch about getting the perk AND take it at the same time. That is what is commonly known as hypocrisy.

Who's bitching, exactly?  Not Gilllibrand, certainly.  Seems like it's all coming from the usual rightwing ankle nippers. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.25    5 years ago

I got it.

One of your heroes bitched and moaned about Trump's tax cuts, and then benefitted from the very thing they railed against when it could easily have been remedied by them voluntarily giving their unwanted tax break back to the govt. 

That is being a freaking hypocrite whether you like it or acknowledge it.

Junior Participates
3.1.27  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.26    5 years ago
One of your heroes bitched and moaned about Trump's tax cuts, and then benefitted from the very thing they railed against when it could easily have been remedied by them voluntarily giving their unwanted tax break back to the govt. 

That is one wild imagination you've got, there, Tex.  You know what I mean by that, right? 

Junior Participates
4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

So, under the category of "Not News:"  RICH PEOPLE GOT MUCH RICHER BECAUSE OF REPUBLICAN TAX "CUT" SCAM.

What's next?  Betsy Devos is a soulless automaton?  

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1  evilone  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4    5 years ago

OMG! We need an investigation into this matter right away! I can't believe a Dem would take advantage of existing tax laws and then vote against them. Outrageous! I'm outraged... No, really I am!

Junior Participates
4.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  evilone @4.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

Sometimes I wonder if our rightwing pals deliberately like to create a pile of BS just to jump onto it.  I mean what else explains why they'd pick out a Dem politician who reveals her tax returns when their Scumbag does everything he can to hide them from the public?  It's almost as if they want to be ridiculed.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5    5 years ago

You have no right to see anyone's PRIVATE tax returns.

Might want to get used to that idea.

Junior Participates
5.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago

So, I see once again that your "tactical" argument (pause to jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif ) here is just to just throw out every inane deflective idea that pops into your head.  And, of course, there's the ever-present gargantuan hypocrisy:  We don't forget how republicans demanded (and got) Hillary's tax returns (10 years worth).  Now it's "nobody's business."  Jeebus but you people make it so easy.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.1    5 years ago
So, I see once again that your "tactical" argument (pause to ) here is just to just throw out every inane deflective idea that pops into your head. And, of course, there's the ever-present gargantuan hypocrisy: We don't forget how republicans demanded (and got) Hillary's tax returns (10 years worth). Now it's "nobody's business." Jeebus but you people make it so easy.

You MIGHT have had an actual point had you included ANY evidence of ME saying anything that you claimed.

it isn't the law, so quit-yer-bitching.

Junior Participates
5.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    5 years ago

I mention BS and jumping into it and who's the first one to show up.  No surprise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.3    5 years ago

I guess she's got a crush on you now.  Gawd I got tired of her following me around like a goddamned puppy.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6  Sunshine    5 years ago

[deleted]

Junior Participates
7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

I wonder if this article is just a "coincidence" with the news that Scumbag's nominee for the Fed, Stephen Moore, is a tax evader who owes $75,000 in delinquent taxes.  Of course, Scumbag himself is under investigation in NY for decades of tax cheating.  That will be a fun thing to watch going forward.  Wonder why he never will show us his taxes like other candidates for president have done for decades. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    5 years ago

Politicians, especially presidential should reveal their taxes.  Why not? 

Gillibrand has been posting hers for over a decade. 

The Trump on the other hand, claims his has been under audit since the War of 1812.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago
Politicians, especially presidential should reveal their taxes. Why not?
Gillibrand has been posting hers for over a decade.
The Trump on the other hand, claims his has been under audit since the War of 1812.

Why? Because YOU say so?

That's not how it works.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    5 years ago

How does it work?  Tell us.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.1    5 years ago
How does it work? Tell us.

Okay.

In America, tax returns are private.

Get it now?

lib50
Professor Silent
8.1.3  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago

Really?  Running for a PUBLIC OFFICE and hiding (LYING) your taxes is cool with conservatives?  Do any of you remember the old republican standards, or are you all youngsters?    Because no way in hell you would accept what you want the rest of us to accept.  If you want private tax returns, stay a fucking private citizen.  States are passing laws to require release and I hope more follow.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago

Except they are not.  Ask Al Capone.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @8.1.4    5 years ago

You ask him. I went by the law. You go by whatever it is that you go by.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @8.1.3    5 years ago
Really? Running for a PUBLIC OFFICE and hiding (LYING) your taxes is cool with conservatives? Do any of you remember the old republican standards, or are you all youngsters? Because no way in hell you would accept what you want the rest of us to accept. If you want private tax returns, stay a fucking private citizen. States are passing laws to require release and I hope more follow.

No one is obligated to show you their returns. Now, you can choose to be offended and upset, or you can realize what the laws are and move on from there.

If you want to show your tax returns to all, that is YOUR business and your choice. I won't be doing that.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.7  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.5    5 years ago

I doubt you ever studied tax law, I know I haven't that's why we hire tax attorneys when working with large businesses or/and corporations.  Even very small business used tax attorneys.  I bet you use a do your tax return company 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @8.1.7    5 years ago
I doubt you ever studied tax law, I know I haven't that's why we hire tax attorneys when working with large businesses or/and corporations. Even very small business used tax attorneys. I bet you use a do your tax return company

Okay, look at it this way:

If tax returns are NOT private, then why are you bitching about Trump's? Simply look them up yourself.

Junior Participates
8.1.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    5 years ago
In America, tax returns are private.

Except when they're not.  Look, you know and we know why Scumbag isn't going to ever voluntarily agree to show his tax returns.  He's dirtier than dog shit.  Despite your wish not to believe it, both the courts and  Congress have the right to subpoena  tax returns (as they are the property of a federal agency called the IRS) in the pursuit of possible financial wrongdoing.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1.9    5 years ago

Well do it then instead of incessantly bitching about it for another 3 years.

Problem fucking solved.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2  tomwcraig  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago

NO ONE should be required to publicly release their tax returns.  It's like telling Microsoft that they have to publish their source code for Windows 10.  As I said above, the tax return is private property and I've said before that it contains PII which should not be made public.  So a person is a public figure.  They, as well as you, deserve some sort of privacy, particularly on what their reported income and taxes were.  How would you like it if this site forced you to release your tax return to comment or post here?

Junior Participates
8.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @8.2    5 years ago
NO ONE should be required to publicly release their tax returns. 

[oh, ferfuxakes jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif ]  It's like a chorus now.  They think they've found a way to excuse the immorality and criminality and they sing it like a buncha robots.  You'd think they'd wonder why they keep having to humiliate themselves this way but it's all too clear they refuse to admit they've made their bed with the snake.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.1    5 years ago
oh, ferfuxakes

Having a little trouble with what the law says, are ya?

Junior Participates
8.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    5 years ago

I'll give you this much, Tex.  No matter how silly an argument you come up with (and boy-howdy do you come up with some dandies) you stick to it like super-glue regardless of the well-deserved ridicule it gets you.   

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.2.4  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    5 years ago

"Interpretation" and "Reading between the lines" …. is a teachable "Science" now. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
8.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @8.2.4    5 years ago
"Interpretation" and "Reading between the lines" …. is a teachable "Science" now.

We've now officially jumped that shark from nonsense to no sense with that little "gem."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.3    5 years ago

STILL waiting for your proof that it is illegal to overpay taxes.

Where is it?

Back your wild-ass claims up!

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8.2.7  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.5    5 years ago
We've now officially jumped that shark from nonsense to no sense with that little "gem."

Thank you for "YOUR" ...… participation ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.8  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.1    5 years ago

You are trying to paint someone whom is for a National Sales Tax and thinks that the only taxes should be sales taxes with a brush that his thoughts are in lock-step with those whose sole goal is to protect the President.  I support President Trump, but my support for him is based on most of his policies are much closer aligned with my thoughts than the Democrats and Moderate Republicans like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, although it looks like Kevin McCarthy is another John Boehner clone like Paul Ryan was.

Junior Participates
8.2.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.6    5 years ago
STILL waiting for your proof that it is illegal to overpay taxes.

Oh, sorry there Tex.  I don't want to assume too much so I have to ask:  are you  aware that it's a crime to deliberately file a false tax return?  If the answer is yes, then we'll know you're just trying to throw sand in the gears since that's basically all you ever have.  OTOH, if you didn't know that then you need to find an entry level tutorial on how the IRS operates.   

Junior Participates
8.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @8.2.8    5 years ago
Moderate Republicans like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell,

Uh-oh, tom....that's a bit of a "tell."  If you consider those two shitbags "moderates" it really confirms just how close you are to the fringe right.  BTW, I never saw your response to my challenge to you to get off Medicare and Social Security since those are definitely socialist programs--as you well know, I'm sure.   

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.11  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.10    5 years ago

They are moderates, since they always pushed Democrat ideas but at a much slower pace.  Their big ideas on how to win is "Complain about the Democrats while out of power, but when in power point to the Democrat ideas and say "YEAH, what they said!"

I paid into both Social Security and Medicare and while they are both Socialist programs that should be retired, my money is in the system already so I am getting what is mine back.

lib50
Professor Silent
8.2.12  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    5 years ago

No, having trouble with people who think its just great that a president lies daily about everything (including net worth) and it isn't in the public interest to know when you are compromised.  Want privacy?  Don't run for president.   Laws are changing as we speak to require release of taxes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.9    5 years ago
Oh, sorry there Tex. I don't want to assume too much so I have to ask: are you aware that it's a crime to deliberately file a false tax return? If the answer is yes, then we'll know you're just trying to throw sand in the gears since that's basically all you ever have. OTOH, if you didn't know that then you need to find an entry level tutorial on how the IRS operates.

Yes, filing a deliberately false return is against the law.

You claimed that overpaying your taxes was against the law. If that were true (which of course it isn't) then anyone who didn't take every legal deduction would be subject to prosecution. 

Either PROVE your statement or quit making it.

Simply cite the law that states it is illegal to overpay your taxes like you CLAIM.

Bet you can't!

Junior Participates
8.2.14  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.13    5 years ago
Either PROVE your statement or quit making it.

Can't prove anything to someone who refuses to accept facts.   Move on, Tex.  I'm not going to follow you down one of your rabbit hole escapades.  

Junior Participates
8.2.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @8.2.11    5 years ago
I paid into both Social Security and Medicare and while they are both Socialist programs that should be retired, my money is in the system already so I am getting what is mine back.

So, no difference between you and Sen. Gillibrand getting her lawful tax refund.  Great to know.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  tomwcraig @8.2.8    5 years ago

I hope not on your final point.  

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.17  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.15    5 years ago

Where have I said anything differently?  Frankly, I want the income tax system, heck, all the current taxes rolled into Sales Taxes.  I want people to be taxed only on the money they are spending, not on their incomes period.  You make the money, you should keep it until you don't want it anymore (spend it).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.2.14    5 years ago
Can't prove anything to someone who refuses to accept facts. Move on, Tex. I'm not going to follow you down one of your rabbit hole escapades.

I asked you ONE simple question---to post the US Code where it states that overpaying your taxes is illegal, as YOU claimed.

You have provided a bunch of rambling incoherence, but no US Code. Couldn't find anything to back your bullshit up.

As I figured all along, especially when you state the "I gave you proof...……."

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.19  tomwcraig  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.18    5 years ago

He can't because if it was illegal when withholding reached the threshold of you overpaying, they would stop collecting.  Since, they do not stop collecting withholding when your threshold of paying exact income tax is met, there is no law preventing it.  You see that is what a refund is, the amount you overpaid in taxes to the government.  Essentially, that refund is an interest-free amount that you get back due to withholding too much.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  tomwcraig @8.2.19    5 years ago

I know. One poster here really believes it is illegal to overpay, but WTF he is basing that on is beyond me. If he could simply cite the statute it would help, but he claims he has proven it without citing a US code.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.21  tomwcraig  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.20    5 years ago

When I use the US Code to back up a position that I have and claim that the US Code prevents or supports that position, I link to the Cornell University's law site and even quote from their listings of the various statutes in the US Code.  I did so when discussing Obama's citizenship status using Title 8 and gun control using Title 10.  I ended up agreeing that Obama was a Natural-Born Citizen, because his mother was a US Citizen as that was one of the criteria.  But, I still maintain that gun control is a violation of Title 10 and that the only acceptable gun control is to require all men between the ages of 17 and 45 and women in the National Guard to carry a gun at all times since they are members of the militia.

Those are just two of the examples of using the US Code to back a position.  I just posted the links here instead of quoting to save time.  It's so easy to do, too.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Kirsten Gillibrand falls back on the same old misinformation and dishonesty that is the foundation of politics.

“Transparency is an essential tool to combat the corrupting influence of money in politics,” Gillibrand said in a statement.

Except for the fact that political campaigns are private businesses that make their own tax filings.   Gillibrand's (or any other politician's) political money laundering won't show up on their individual tax filings.  That's why releasing individual tax returns doesn't tell the public anything.  All the hullabaloo about releasing tax returns is a scam to hide how corrupt politicians really are.

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1  lib50  replied to  Nerm_L @9    5 years ago

Utter bullshit.  Tax returns tell a story, and plenty of people can read and understand it.  Read your last sentence, it makes no sense. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @9.1    5 years ago
'Read your last sentence, it makes no sense. 

A lot of the shit he posts, regarding democrats, make no sense whatsoever.' 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9.2  luther28  replied to  Nerm_L @9    5 years ago
Transparency is an essential tool to combat the corrupting influence of money in politics,”

Too late, Lobbyists write our laws, Legislatures pass them, contribute to their campaigns and the circle remains unbroken while the electorate is the pivot man ( or woman if you will). Although the statement did make me chortle.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Interesting how that she’s from New York State and got a tax cut. She must be from upstate where the local and property taxes are not as high as other parts of the state like areas in or near NYC and property values are not sky high so she can fully deduct her mortgage interest payments.   Many rich New Yorkers from high tax high cost of living urban areas did not get a net tax cut this year.  

Junior Participates
10.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10    5 years ago

Literally every sentence of that comment is either pure conjecture or complete blather.  Rich people everywhere got a cut....a big one. 

Junior Participates
10.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XDm9mm @10.1.1    5 years ago
Thanks for finally acknowledging that everyone got a tax cut.

Peanuts for the middle class (as they were already discovering by the time the 2018 elections rolled around as evidenced by Dems running on what a scam it was and winning).  

zuksam
Junior Silent
11  zuksam    5 years ago

"The exact comparison is difficult because Gillibrand reported more in income in 2017 than in 2018, but Gillibrand saw “significant savings” from the tax bill, said Michael Knight, an accountant at Knight Rolleri Sheppard in Fairfield, Connecticut."   Well if Michael Knight as an accountant finds a exact comparison difficult because Gillibrand reported more in income in 2017 than in 2018 maybe he shouldn't be an accountant. How hard is it to take the information in the 2018 return and use it to fill out a 2017 return ? I'm no accountant but I could do that, the returns aren't that different it would take less than five minutes to do the 1040 most of the other forms you might need haven't changed at all.

Junior Participates
11.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  zuksam @11    5 years ago
I'm no accountant but...

That sounds like people who claim "I'm no doctor, but......." and then make utter fools of themselves with whatever comes up next.   Since the tax laws were different in those two years it's not likely that just plugging in numbers for 2018 into the 2017 forms would give accurate comparisons.