╌>

Pregnant women are using cannabis as a remedy, but doctors raise concerns

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

Pregnant women are using cannabis as a remedy, but doctors raise concerns
A growing number of moms and moms-to-be are using cannabis for problems like severe morning sickness and postpartum depression. Members of “Mothers Mary,” a group located in Canada where cannabis is legal, say marijuana saved their lives. But doctors are concerned about how the substance could affect developing babies.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

zuksam
Junior Silent
1  zuksam    5 years ago

Potheads are very creative when it comes to justifying their drug use. They've been smoking Pot everyday for ten years but now it's for morning sickness and postpartum depression. I have a friend who smokes it for pain relief and I'll tell you when I was young I used to smoke weed all the time and I smoked it while I had multiple injuries and it doesn't do squat for pain. It makes you stoned and if you like that feeling then fine but let's not pretend it's doing anything other than making you stoned.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  zuksam @1    5 years ago

It works for pain you just have to have the right strain. My DIL got me some edibles when I broke  my ankle. It helped much better than the opioids I was prescribed

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.2  Freefaller  replied to  zuksam @1    5 years ago
to smoke weed all the time and I smoked it while I had multiple injuries and it doesn't do squat for pain.

The above statement makes a couple big assumptions one that the weed you smoked is the only kind available and two that everybody reacts to weed exactly as you do.  Personally I don't do it as the various weed I tried as a youngster gave me dry mouth and made me somewhat paranoid but I don't believe I can apply those effects to anyone but myself. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

I could see using it for PPD but while fetus is in utero? I'm not sure that's a wise idea

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

While I myself am a rather constant user of weed, I do not think it would be prudent to smoke during pregnancy. The long range effects have not been scrutinized enough to deem it safe for the child in my opinion.

There is enough out there in our brave new world to screw children up, let them at least get a clean start, they will have a lifetime to become as screwed up as the majority of adults are in this day and age.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

When I was pregnant I even quit drinking caffeinated coffee.

I also didn't drink soda with caffeine and drank decaff tea.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    5 years ago

Really? I didn't quit anything when the wife was pregnant and the pregnancy went without any problems whatsoever.  Kids turned out fine too.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @3.1.1    5 years ago

Am I married to you? Because you sound like that guy that didn't quit smoking, drinking, or partying when I was pregnant with his children

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

No, I didn't know it was racist. My apologies.

NOTE TO MODERATORS:

Would you please delete the term "bugger bear" from my post at 3.1? Thanks

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.4    5 years ago

Thanks!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

I've ALWAYS been told that …… when you put a foreign substance into ones body, the "Human Child" is ALWAYS effected.

Seems this article is nothing more than trying to make the "Host" more comfortable. "SCREW" the "Human Child" within !

if one is now non-evasive, EVERYTHING must be non-evasive !