╌>

Biden launches presidential campaign with lies

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

Biden launches presidential campaign with lies
In other words, Biden makes a pretty good case why President Trump will be reelected. A major factor that drove many working-class Americans into the Republican column in 2016 was that so many were sick and tired of what they know in their heart to be true being pushed to the sidelines and displaced by intolerant left-wing political correctness and distortions.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In the opening salvo of his campaign, Joe Biden made a pretty good case why President Donald Trump will be reelected. Namely, Americans are sick and tired of the truth being pushed to the sidelines and displaced by left-wing political correctness and distortions.

We can all agree with Joe Biden that "we are in a battle for the soul of this nation."

Biden's video announcing his presidential candidacy provides the best raw material we could ask for regarding how he sees this battle.

In this opening salvo of his campaign, Biden serves up as his centerpiece transparent lies and distortions about President Trump's remarks following the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017.

In other words, Biden makes a pretty good case why President Trump will be reelected.

A major factor that drove many working-class Americans into the Republican column in 2016 was that so many were sick and tired of what they know in their heart to be true being pushed to the sidelines and displaced by intolerant left-wing political correctness and distortions.

Really, folks, does any sane person really believe that Donald Trump thinks neo-Nazis are "very fine people"? And that even if he has such a sick and distorted side, he would blatantly say it for public consumption at a press conference?

Does anyone really think that if Donald Trump were sympathetic to neo-Nazis and white supremacists, he would have appointed Nikki Haley, the daughter of Indian immigrants and former governor of South Carolina who signed legislation to remove the Confederate flag from the state's capitol grounds, to be America's ambassador to the United Nations?

Anyone reading the readily available transcripts of President Trump's remarks on Charlottesville will see, if they care about the truth – a big assumption these days – that "very fine people" on both sides referred to the demonstration regarding taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville.

I, myself, favor local government voting to remove flags, statues and memorabilia celebrating the Confederacy. Such celebrations cause great anguish to African Americans who have a history of deep pain associated with that time of great injustice.

Nevertheless, I believe in free speech, and I believe in the right to assembly and peaceful demonstration – even if I find what is being expressed repugnant.

America's left wants us to believe – and it gets great help from a sympathetic left-wing media – that all of America's intolerance comes from the right.

So, in fact, President Trump made a world-class effort in his remarks about the incident in Charlottesville to be fair, balanced and faithful to the facts. And he was.

His condemnation of neo-Nazis and white supremacists was unequivocal.

But the left could not handle that there might have been peaceful Americans who showed up to protest removal of the Robert E. Lee statue.

Nor could it tolerate that the president would note that there was unacceptable violent behavior on the other side – those favoring removing the statue – which there was.

I can speak from personal experience of the intolerance of the left.

I speak on university campuses across the country and know firsthand what it means for the left to try to shut you down, sometimes violently.

I also have experience saying something on national television opposing abortion or same-sex marriage and then needing to send my staff home because of violent threats that shut down my office.

Far less convenient for Biden would have been quoting accurately Trump's initial remarks on Charlottesville: "Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. And we love our flag. ... we must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. ... We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other."

The partisan left will be pleased with Biden's lies. But decent Americans of all ethnicities understand that President Trump is restoring America's freedom, tolerance, prosperity – and soul.

COPYRIGHT 2019 STAR PARKER
DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS.COM

Star Parker (starparker@urbancure.org) is an author and president of CURE, the Center for Urban Renewal and Education.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“So, in fact, President Trump made a world-class effort in his remarks about the incident in Charlottesville to be fair, balanced and faithful to the facts. And he was.

His condemnation of neo-Nazis and white supremacists was unequivocal.

But the left could not handle that there might have been peaceful Americans who showed up to protest removal of the Robert E. Lee statue.

Nor could it tolerate that the president would note that there was unacceptable violent behavior on the other side – those favoring removing the statue – which there was.

I can speak from personal experience of the intolerance of the left.

I speak on university campuses across the country and know firsthand what it means for the left to try to shut you down, sometimes violently.

I also have experience saying something on national television opposing abortion or same-sex marriage and then needing to send my staff home because of violent threats that shut down my office.

Far less convenient for Biden would have been quoting accurately Trump's initial remarks on Charlottesville: "Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. And we love our flag. ... we must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. ... We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other."

The partisan left will be pleased with Biden's lies.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago
In the opening salvo of his campaign, Joe Biden made a pretty good case why President Donald Trump will be reelected. Namely, Americans are sick and tired of the truth being pushed to the sidelines

Most unintentionally funny sentence of the year. 

On a more tragic note, this points out the disconnection many Trump supporters have from reality. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

It is the TDS suffering Trump hating opposition who are the ones severed from reality.   They still think that they can undo his election and his actions as President.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    5 years ago

Anyone who puts Trump and truth in neighboring sentences (as a compliment) is massively deluded. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    5 years ago
With his 10,000 lies, President Trump is the most dishonest politician ever    Courier Journal

To say that anyone has no moral standing to challenge serial liar Donald Trump is ludicrous, says columnist Joe Gerth.

Fact-checking President Trump isn’t enough    The Washington Post

It's a tsunami of lies. It's an avalanche of falsehoods. It's a deluge, a torrent, a rockslide, a barrage, an onslaught, a blitzkrieg. President Trump has made more ...

After 10000 'false or misleading claims,' are we any better at calling out Trump's lies?    Columbia Journalism Review

On January 20, 2017, Donald Trump uttered his first falsehood as president of the United States. It came early in his inaugural address. “Washington flourished ...

Barr: “It’s Not a Crime” for Trump to Demand Staffers Lie to Investigators    Vanity Fair

Even before Attorney General William Barr released his four-page summary of the Mueller report, lawmakers and concerned citizens alike were worried that his ...

The Mueller report: A catalog of 77 Trump team lies and falsehoods    CNN

Washington (CNN) The Mueller report documents at least 77 specific instances where President Donald Trump's campaign staff, administration officials and ...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

And the TDS continues....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago

The delusional ones are those who think that Trump can be removed from office other than by the next election or by term limits should he win re-election.  Trump has done many great things since becoming our president.  3.6% 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago

But this seed is not about Trump. It is about Biden and the lies he told regarding Trump.  We all know that Trump condemned the neo nazis, the kkk, and white supremacists.  It is a lie to say that he didn’t.  And people protesting the taking down of Robert E. Lee’s statue who are not in those three groups condemned by Trump are indeed many fine people.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Gee, all those nice people chanting "The Jews will not replace us", "The black will not replace us" were nice people? No, you must mean that nice people would march along with them, right? Cause nice people march along with Neo Nazis and white supremacists.

Or the person who drove his car into a pile of innocent people? 

What am I missing?

I'm not left. I am one of those pesty independents. You know like the ones that helped get trump into office. 

Sometimes you ( the queens you) need to stop looking through those rose colored glasses. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

It seems like what’s missing is actually reading the entire seeded article.                                           "Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. And we love our flag. ... we must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. ... We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other."  Donald Trump

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups,” Trump said.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

“Really, folks, does any sane person really believe that Donald Trump thinks neo-Nazis are "very fine people"? And that even if he has such a sick and distorted side, he would blatantly say it for public consumption at a press conference?

Does anyone really think that if Donald Trump were sympathetic to neo-Nazis and white supremacists, he would have appointed Nikki Haley, the daughter of Indian immigrants and former governor of South Carolina who signed legislation to remove the Confederate flag from the state's capitol grounds, to be America's ambassador to the United Nations?

Anyone reading the readily available transcripts of President Trump's remarks on Charlottesville will see, if they care about the truth – a big assumption these days – that "very fine people" on both sides referred to the demonstration regarding taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville.”

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    5 years ago

The seeded article which I double down in support of was written by an African American woman.

COPYRIGHT 2019 STAR PARKER
DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS.COM

Star Parker (starparker@urbancure.org) is an author and president of CURE, the Center for Urban Renewal and Education.                       

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Biden lied big time against Trump to open his campaign.  His statement about China being no threat to us in the future was not accurate either.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Biden is a plagiarist lying bigot and philanderer by his words and actions.  That is the character of the man.