╌>

Democratic Rep. calls Antifa members 'peaceful protesters' during CNN interview

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  105 comments

Democratic Rep. calls Antifa members 'peaceful protesters' during CNN interview
"It’s not surprising that Trump would side away from the folks who are the peaceful protesters working to safeguard their city from domestic terrorism. [I'm] just not surprised at all that the president sides with the white nationalists. That’s been his mode of operation since before he was elected president."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The same day that 13 individuals were arrested at far-right and far-left demonstrations in Portland, Ore., Rep. Debra Haaland, D-N.M., called members of Antifa "peaceful protesters."
During a Saturday interview with CNN, Haaland responded to a tweet from President Trump about declaring Antifa a domestic terrorist organization, and accused him of siding with white supremacists.

"Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!" Trump tweeted on Saturday.
"This is on par with what the president does. He sides with the white supremacists, he sides with the white nationalists, with the domestic terrorists in our country... he's incited violence against people of color," she said.

"Portland is a Progressive city. They want to ensure that they keep their city moving forward," Haaland continued.
More from Media
MSNBC anchor on possible economic downturn : 'About time we get a recession'
Rep. Lee Zeldin condemns 'bad faith' efforts of Omar and Tlaib to 'harm' nation of Israel
Kellyanne Conway: Trump is playing long game with China to get better trade deal
"It’s not surprising that Trump would side away from the folks who are the peaceful protesters working to safeguard their city from domestic terrorism. [I'm] just not surprised at all that the president sides with the white nationalists. That’s been his mode of operation since before he was elected president."
Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said at a press conference that the 13 individuals who were arrested were charged with disorderly conduct, interfering with police, resisting arrest, possession of a weapon in a park and unlawful use of a weapon.
Police also tweeted out images of weapons they had seized from multiple groups of protesters, including bear spray and metal poles.

"At this time, we know of six force-events involving officers," Outlaw said. "There was one instance where an officer deployed pepper balls. The other instances involved take-downs or control against resistance."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

What is not surprising is her comments. Antifa attacks Trump supporters and calls them fascist and the left love them for it. Or the delusional thought that Antifa is a minority group that only consist of a handful of people.

Antifa is a terroristic group plain and simple no amount of sugar coating can hide this fact.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago
Antifa attacks Trump supporters and calls them fascist and the left love them for it.

Um, that's because they ARE fascists. 

Or the delusional thought that Antifa is a minority group that only consist of a handful of people.

Compared to white nationalists, KKK, Neo-nazi's? They are a small group. 

Antifa is a terroristic group plain and simple no amount of sugar coating can hide this fact.

Right? Remember when they drove a car into a group of people in Charlottesville? And what about their long history of lynching Black people? Or their long history of violence against Jews? 

Oh wait, none of those are things AntiFa has done, those are all things done by right wing fascists. 

And before you claim that AntiFa is a fascist organization? 

AntiFa stands for Anti-Fascism. 

Fascism   ( / ˈ f æ ʃ ɪ z əm / ) is a form of radical   right-wing ,   authoritarian   ultranationalism [1] [2]   characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy [3]   which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. [4]   The first fascist movements   emerged in Italy   during   World War I , before   spreading to other European countries . [4]   Opposed to  liberalism Marxism , and  anarchism , fascism is placed on the  far-right  within the traditional  left–right spectrum . [4] [5]

Fascists saw   World War I   as a   revolution   that brought massive changes to the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of   total war   and the total mass mobilization of society had broken down the distinction between civilians and combatants. A "military citizenship" arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner during the war. [6] [7]   The war had resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to serve on the front lines and providing economic production and logistics to support them, as well as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens. [6] [7]

Fascists believe that   liberal democracy   is obsolete and regard the complete mobilization of society under a   totalitarian   one-party state   as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties. [8]   Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a   dictator   and a   martial   government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society. [8] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and   imperialism   as means that can achieve national rejuvenation. [9] [10]   Fascists advocate a   mixed economy , with the principal goal of achieving   autarky   (national economic self-sufficiency) through   protectionist   and   interventionist   economic policies. [11]

Since the end of   World War II   in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist, and the term is instead now usually used   pejoratively   by political opponents. The descriptions   neo-fascist   or post-fascist are sometimes applied more formally to describe parties of the far-right with ideologies similar to, or rooted in, 20th-century fascist movements. [4] [12]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    5 years ago
Um, that's because they ARE fascists. 

Really how you figure. I'm a trump supporter.

Compared to white nationalists, KKK, Neo-nazi's? They are a small group.

That is a totally false statement. Care to back it up?

Right? Remember when they drove a car into a group of people in Charlottesville? And what about their long history of lynching Black people? Or their long history of violence against Jews?

Pray tell what that has to do with the article. Antifa is not peaceful protesters I don't care what you say.

That might be what it stands for but beating down people, destroying personal property and taking away others rights to free speech is more of a Brown shirt tactic. Hitler would be proud.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.1    5 years ago
Pray tell what that has to do with the article.

It's supporting evidence that opposes your theory that AntiFa is violent. 

That might be what it stands for but beating down people, destroying personal property and taking away others rights to free speech is more of a Brown shirt tactic. Hitler would be proud.

Hitler was a fascist, pretty sure he wouldn't support a group called, Anti-Fascism. 

How are they taking away free speech? Show me even one incidence where they gagged someone so they were unable to speak? 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    5 years ago
It's supporting evidence that opposes your theory that AntiFa is violent. 

Actually it does not do that at all. It says nothing about antifas actions. Are you going to try and tell me that hitting someone over the head with a bicycle lock or beating a journalist in Portland or throwing rocks bottles and other debris at police among other acts committed by antifa were not violent?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.3    5 years ago
Actually it does not do that at all. It says nothing about antifas actions. Are you going to try and tell me that hitting someone over the head with a bicycle lock or beating a journalist in Portland or throwing rocks bottles and other debris at police among other acts committed by antifa were not violent?

Sheesh, not like they drove a car into a group of people. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.4    5 years ago
Sheesh, not like they drove a car into a group of people.

I want to see a membership list of Antifa members.  Like the KKK has...

Ku Klux Klan members in United States politics

Or meeting dates.  Like KKK rallies.

Or a leadership chart.

Leaders of the Ku Klux Klan

Or anything to show they are not just a label to throw on liberals, to try and claim equality to white supremacists after Charlottesville .  Antifa is largely an imaginary boogeyman by the right wing, made up to try and balance all the violent racists in the conservative party.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.4    5 years ago

Is driving a car into someone your only definition of violence? I am sure all those that have been assaulted by antifa will disagree with you.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.7  Willjay9  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.6    5 years ago

Lets see.....getting hit with a lock or a car....yeah I see the comparison!..../s

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  arkpdx  replied to  Willjay9 @1.1.7    5 years ago

So to you hitting someone in the head with a lock is a non violent act. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.1.9  Willjay9  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.8    5 years ago

Where did you see that?! But i tell you this, I bet you the parents of Heather Heyer wishes she was just hit in the head with a lock!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  bugsy  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.1    5 years ago

That's what they WANT you to think it stands for. In reality, it stands for Anti First Amendment. Their whole being is to shut someone down that thinks different than their fascist asses.

Their first go to is violence, exactly what the brown shirts of the 40s did, and they are really nothing more than a bunch of illiterate liberals.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @1.1.10    5 years ago
That's what they WANT you to think it stands for. In reality, it stands for Anti F irst A mendment.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

How many Russians did it take to think up that claim?  Ignoring every single historical fact about Antifa.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    5 years ago
How many Russians did it take to think up that claim? 

About as many as it took to think up your response or did you use the Chinese?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.13  bugsy  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.12    5 years ago
or did you use the Chinese?

No...stupidity usually comes singularly. No help required.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Fascism can not be confronted peacefully. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago
Fascism can not be confronted peacefully.

soooooo ….. The need to follow the "Brownshirt" plan to a tea ? jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Mimicking those you hate, ain't a good thing ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

256 256

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    5 years ago
soooooo ….. The need to follow the "Brownshirt" plan to a tea ?

Brown shirts refers to nazi's. So once again. You're wrong.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.1    5 years ago

Pictures don't lie !

No difference !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    5 years ago

Wow... Big difference between putting your fist in the air to garner support and a nazi salute. SMFH. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    5 years ago
Pictures don't lie !

The photo on the right appears to be a black and white photo of the Charlottesville tiki torch rally though they're missing their MAGA hats and tiki torches. I've no doubt Truthless Trump would have called them all "fine people" in that photo as well.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    5 years ago

Pictures don't lie...here are trumptards "fine people"

a51c6a1d-da93-4129-9050-431ae50718b9.jpg

sub-buzz-5753-1502546922-1.jpg?downsize=

sd-me-veterans-charlottesville-20170814.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @2.1.5    5 years ago

You found the "ONE" time ?

Who did they beat up again ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.4    5 years ago

Oh ….. So sorry !

It wasn't !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.3    5 years ago

I didn't write that ……. Did I ?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.6    5 years ago

Who did they kill...who ran into people with his car and killed a woman...how many people did antifa kill?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @2.1.9    5 years ago
who ran into people with his car and killed a woman ?

One Moron did ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Ban Cars ?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago

One white supremacist moron....how many have antifa killed??????

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @2.1.11    5 years ago
One white supremacist moron.

Actually .…. a Moron is a Moron no matter what color they are.

"how many have antifa killed??????"

Why ….. Zero. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Doesn't make them any less a Moron , unless one likes them. When they pound someone into the pavement out of love jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg , then they're just "Freedom Fighters" huh. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.10    5 years ago
Ban Cars ?

Ban morons? Naw, can't do that, that would wipe out a good 45% of the republican party. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.13    5 years ago
Ban morons? Naw, can't do that, that would wipe out a good 45% of the republican party. 

Generalize Much ? jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Ditto 75% Democrats ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.14    5 years ago
Generalize Much ? Ditto 75% Democrats ?

Wow, you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo original. [eye roll]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.13    5 years ago

[delete]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.17  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.15    5 years ago

I asked questions. I didn't make a statement. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.18  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.6    5 years ago

Them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.19  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.4    5 years ago

Isn't the picture on the right of Hitler's brown shirts?  The one on the left is in color.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.20  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.19    5 years ago
Isn't the picture on the right of Hitler's brown shirts? 

You miss the point. They are a disorganized group but Antifa is no better than alt right, and as you can see with the comment by the Rep she gives them a pass.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    5 years ago

Nice try.

Antifa is in no way comparable to the US military.  The military has a code of conduct it has to operate on. It also has very specific Rules of Engagement it operates under.

What are Antifa's?

Get real. Antifa is no different than what they are fighting. They should already be designated as a domestic terrorist organization.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.1    5 years ago
Antifa is in no way comparable to the US military.

No one said Antifa was comparable to the military. The meme points out the obvious fact that allied forces were "Anti-fascists" who were going into Europe to "disrupt" and uproot a large group of white supremacists. You might have heard of them, they're called Nazi's. And strangely enough, they seem to have had a bit of a resurgence recently after being given cover by their new Dear Leader, coming out to join other white supremacists, waving their swastika flags amongst the confederate flags of right wing extremists, the KKK and white nationalists who have been emboldened by the "chosen one", the "Orange Mussolini", dishonest Donald.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.1    5 years ago
What are Antifa's?

They are opposed to fascism... which really doesn't surprise me when the right wing gets triggered by them. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.3    5 years ago

Only the left opposes the right to peaceful assembly and free speech for all US citizens. Only the left is defending a violent domestic terrorist group.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.2    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @2.2.5    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.1    5 years ago
The military has a code of conduct it has to operate on.

I was in the service, I know how it works. But you are completely missing the point of the picture. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.2.8  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    5 years ago

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2.9  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.6    5 years ago

Please elaborate how he used racism as a part of his platform?

Please elaborate where he called for mass deportations?

He is working on making America great again after the last failure as CiC.

sweet you got a Fascist in there.

I'm not sure about that. I never seen him blame immigrants for America's problems. Illegal aliens, probably.

Now the ID thing ….I think he did say something like hat but I totally disagree with it.

Now do you want to counter my meme? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @2.2.9    5 years ago
Please elaborate how he used racism as a part of his platform?

Some of these clowns still think that Trump instituted a Muslim ban.

Please elaborate where he called for mass deportations?

Mass deportations are necessary if we want people to be here legally.

sweet you got a Fascist in there.

Here a fascist, there a fascist............boring!

I'm not sure about that. I never seen him blame immigrants for America's problems. Illegal aliens, probably.

Oh, gee. That will never do with the open border, sanctuary-loving clowns!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
2.2.11  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.10    5 years ago

"Some of these clowns still think that Trump instituted a Muslim ban."

Ummm......"Donald J. Trump is asking for a ban on ALL Muslims" 

I seem to remember Trump saying that during his campaign....or as some would say....HIS RISE TO POWER!

"Mass deportations are necessary if we want people to be here legally."

So...you agree he used that facist technique...good to know!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

The "Left" are NEVER violent in their own eyes !

After all, they're doing "Good" things. jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

"Blood and Soil.  Jews will not replace us."

What are you are defending?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1    5 years ago
What are you are defending?

Do you actually know what "Defend" means ?

"I" ….. defended nothing.

Re-Read my comment based on the article.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.1    5 years ago

What are you defending?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.2    5 years ago

We are defending the right of any US citizen to peacefully assemble and freedom of speech.

What are you defending? A bunch of chicken shit domestic terrorists that have become the very thing they claim they are fighting against?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    5 years ago
We are defending the right of any US citizen to peacefully assemble and freedom of speech.

So when Nazi's march in our streets we should just ignore it? I don't agree with any violence or vandalism that some individuals within Antifa have used to push back against worthless white supremacists and piece of shit Nazis, they should protest Nazis peacefully showing the fascists what it means to be a real human instead of a waste of space. I don't think we as a society should just stand by completely passive as Nazi's march in our streets and right wing extremists commit mass murder every year in our country. Only those who don't imagine themselves in danger of right wing extremist hate, such as some straight white Christians, would remain passive in the face of such terrorism. They don't see any sense of urgency because they aren't the targets of the right wing violence and they know it, which is why so many seem to scream and shout about "Antifa" even though there have been zero fatal Antifa assaults. That doesn't justify the assaults and Antifa should be condemned for any use of violence and vandalism. However, there simply is no comparison between Antifa and right wing inspired terrorism which kills dozens and dozens of innocent Americans every year.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.4    5 years ago

[Removed]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.4    5 years ago
So when Nazi's march in our streets we should just ignore it?

Sucks that we have a Constitution doesn't it. The right for peacefully assembly and free speech is the same for all US citizens. Not just the ones you agree with politically. Sorry, you will never be able to get that removed.

I don't agree with any violence or vandalism that some individuals within Antifa have used to push back against worthless white supremacists and piece of shit Nazis, they should protest Nazis peacefully showing the fascists what it means to be a real human instead of a waste of space.

Seems they don't agree with you; and have been violent repeatedly and often; and they aren't very particular about their targets either.

I don't think we as a society should just stand by completely passive as Nazi's march in our streets and right wing extremists commit mass murder every year in our country. Only those who don't imagine themselves in danger of right wing extremist hate, such as some straight white Christians, would remain passive in the face of such terrorism. They don't see any sense of urgency because they aren't the targets of the right wing violence and they know it, which is why so many seem to scream and shout about "Antifa" even though there have been zero fatal Antifa assaults.

So death is your standard. Give Antifa time they are really trying. With the Dayton shooter you might need to wipe that "they don't kill" BS out completely.

While Betts, the Dayton shooter, didn’t leave behind a manifesto, his extensive social-media footprint provides clues as to what may have inspired him. Federal investigators announced Tuesday that they are looking into his exploration of violent ideologies.

Betts had long expressed support for antifa accounts, causes and individuals. That would be the loose network of militant leftist activists who physically attack anyone to the right of Mao in the name of “anti-fascism.” In particular, Betts promoted extreme hatred of American border enforcement.

“Kill every fascist,” the shooter declared in 2018 on twitter, echoing a rallying cry of antifa ideologues. Over the next year, his tweets became increasingly violent. “Nazis deserve death and nothing else,” he tweeted last October. Betts frequently flung the label “Nazi” at those with whom he disagreed online.

By December, he reached out on Twitter to the Socialist Rifle ­Association, an antifa gun group, to comment about bump stocks, and the SRA responded to him. (A bump stock is an attachment for semiautomatic rifles that allow them to fire much faster.)

In the months leading to his rampage, Betts expressed a longing for climactic confrontation. In ­response to an essay by Intercept writer Mehdi Hassan titled, “Yes, Let’s Defeat or Impeach Trump—but What If He Doesn’t Leave the White House?” the shooter wrote: “Arm, train, prepare.”

By June he tweeted: “I want socialism, and I’ll not wait for the idiots to finally come round understanding.” Last week, he promoted posts that demonized Sens. Ted Cruz and Bill Cassidy’s resolution against antifa extremism.

So all you have is BS. It is OK to trample US citizen rights; so long as they don't adhere to your political beliefs. Good to know.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.2    5 years ago
What are you defending?

"I" ….. defended nothing" ….. in my comments.

Did you miss the memo ............… AGAIN ?jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.6    5 years ago
Sucks that we have a Constitution doesn't it. The right for peacefully assembly and free speech is the same for all US citizens. Not just the ones you agree with politically

It doesn't suck at all, I love our constitution and have no problem with the Nazi's marching or your defense of them. What I said was that we don't have to just ignore it either, they are expressing their fascist racist beliefs and every real patriotic American should be out in the streets expressing their freedom of speech by telling these slime balls what pieces of shit they are. I have never condoned any use of violence by any side so the laughable straw man you've tried to create from my comment is hollow and useless, just like right wing fascism.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.1.9  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.8    5 years ago
I have never condoned any use of violence by any side so the laughable straw

But thru this whole article on how a Dem Rep called Antifa peaceful all you have done as said whatabought. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.8    5 years ago

I defend everyone's right to peaceful assembly and free speech no matter how much I disagree with them. That includes the "alt-right", "alt-left", and every other idiot under the sun that thinks these stupid protests influence anyone in US outside of annoying blockage of traffic.

So you shouldn't mind if Antifa gets classified as a domestic terrorist organization; and gets treated the same way as the "alt-right". They exhibit all of the same violent characteristics; and they attack everyone regardless of political affiliation.

TTGA
Professor Silent
3.1.11  TTGA  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.4    5 years ago
So when Nazi's march in our streets we should just ignore it?

YES!!!  That is exactly what you should do.  That is what was done when they marched through a Jewish neighborhood in Skokie, IL......and the Nazis went away when they couldn't find anyone who would help them make headlines.  If all they're doing is marching, let em march.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    5 years ago

Really makes me wonder why most of the right wing hate a group that is opposed to fascism. Says a lot about them. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1  livefreeordie  replied to  MrFrost @4    5 years ago

Because there is NO difference between antifa and Hitlers’ Brown Shirts.

only those who despise liberty would condone or embrace these anti liberty thugs

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  lady in black  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

Antifa aren't the one's holding tiki torches and doing the heil hitler salute and chanting Jews will NOT replace us.

sub-buzz-5753-1502546922-1.jpg?downsize=700%3A%2A&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*

sd-me-veterans-charlottesville-20170814.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago
only those who despise liberty would condone or embrace these anti liberty thugs

That should be said of the actual right wing inspired terrorism that kills dozens and dozens of innocent Americans every year. It's rather sad that instead, a loosely organized patchwork of anti-fascists who haven't caused a single fatality are the target of your ire. Way to deflect from the actual terrorism that is alive and well and is effectively being protected and continually defended by many religious conservatives.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  lady in black @4.1.1    5 years ago
Antifa aren't the one's holding tiki torches and doing the heil hitler salute and chanting Jews will NOT replace us.

Sadly, you likely won't hear the voice in the religious conservatives head that says "Well, what's wrong with that? Why should we let Jews replace us? What's wrong with defending "white culture"?"... You'll just get more deflection and distraction because that's all they've got without openly admitting to their inherent biases like their representative Republican Steve King has done so many times.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.2    5 years ago

Anyone who engages in acts of violence whether extreme right or left should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I’ve yet to see or hear of a peaceful protest by antifa. They attack everyone physically who doesn’t agree with them.  

I’ll repeat, anyone who condones or supports them or white nationalists engaged in similar violent behavior makes themselves an enemy of liberty

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  lady in black @4.1.1    5 years ago

Acting stupidly in itself doesn’t make you a threat to someone physically or our liberties.   I condemn their beliefs, but support their right to hold them as long as they don’t harm others

antifa is ONLY engaged in violence towards others and that’s why they threaten our liberties as citizens 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.4    5 years ago
I’ve yet to see or hear of a peaceful protest by antifa.

Yea, sure Larry, and the neo-nazi's and white nationalists are getting together to share apple pie recipes. [eye roll]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.8  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
That''s not true.

Never heard about the El Paso shooting? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
That''s not true.

What's not true? Do the 48 killed by right wing inspired extremists last year not constitute "dozens and dozens"? Let's see, 12 plus 12 plus 12... plus another 12... yup, it checks out, that equals 48 and definitely constitutes "dozens and dozens". Or were you unaware that a "dozen" meant 12 of something?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.5    5 years ago
Acting stupidly in itself doesn’t make you a threat to someone physically or our liberties.   I condemn their beliefs, but support their right to hold them as long as they don’t harm others

But they did, and do harm others Larry. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  lady in black  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.5    5 years ago

Baloney...who killed a woman and now is in prison...how many people did antifa kill?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  lady in black @4.1.11    5 years ago

Yep, exactly....

James Alex Fields Jr. was the driver, he is also a self admitted white supremacist. Sentenced to 419 years. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.5    5 years ago
antifa is ONLY engaged in violence towards others and that’s why they threaten our liberties as citizens 

You do realize Larry that every act of extremist violence in the USA in 2018 was linked to right wing extremist groups, right? It's well documented, go look it up. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.15  arkpdx  replied to  lady in black @4.1.11    5 years ago

Does some say be have to be killed for it to be a violent act? Sure is a narrow definition. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.16  Dulay  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.4    5 years ago
I’ve yet to see or hear of a peaceful protest by antifa. They attack everyone physically who doesn’t agree with them.

Then you should read the article and watch the press conference by Portland authorities. The Antifa counter-protest in Portland was peaceful. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @4.1.16    5 years ago
Then you should read the article and watch the press conference by Portland authorities. The Antifa counter-protest in Portland was peaceful. 

More than a dozen people were arrested Saturday and six others were injured as left-wing anti-fascist demonstrators spent hours counter-protesting against a rally by far-right and extremist groups.

Thirteen people were detained for a variety of charges including disorderly conduct, interfering with police, unlawful use of a weapon, and possession of a weapon on the park, Police Chief Danielle Outlaw said.
Police seized several weapons, including knives, metal and wood poles, chemical spray, and a stun gun, Outlaw said.
It was unclear which groups those arrested were affiliated with.
Outlaw said one person who was injured during the day's events was taken to a hospital. Four other people with minor injuries were evaluated on scene, the chief said.
Sounds peaceful./S Don't try to pretend that Antifa members were some of those that were arrested, had weapons taken from them, or obstructed traffic. One thing all of this wonderful technology creates is a very open society in which the media and government officials can be shown for liars.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.17    5 years ago

Saturday's dueling demonstrations between left-wing Antifa and far-right groups were mostly peaceful. Some isolated confrontations occurred after the main rally.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.19  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @4.1.18    5 years ago

Their definition of mostly peaceful is a joke. Glad you found that funny.

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.1.20  TTGA  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.12    5 years ago
James Alex Fields Jr. was the driver, he is also a self admitted white supremacist. Sentenced to 419 years. 

And did the prosecution prove any conspiracy with any one else in the groups marching in Charlottesville at all?  No, they did not, in spite of looking for such a conspiracy very diligently.  So, who cares what he calls himself.  His actions can't be tied to any other person or group.

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.2  TTGA  replied to  MrFrost @4    5 years ago
Really makes me wonder why most of the right wing hate a group that is opposed to fascism.

Because they have chosen that name for its propaganda value.  They are trying to use a perception of opposition to facism as a license to violently impose socialism.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.1  bugsy  replied to  TTGA @4.2    5 years ago

Exactly....Everything they do is to stop the First Amendment of those who dare not think like them. Their name actually stands for Anti First Amendment, as that is exactly what they do...with violence as the first means, or in other words...fascism.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

"We are not non-violent, we will fucking kill these people if we have to..."

---Chris Cantwell, white supremacist. 

But AntiFa are the bad guys... Sure, ok.. keep telling yourselves that.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

Where has anyone defended the white supremacists?

They are pieces of shit just like Antifa.

They have the right to peaceful assembly and free speech just like Antifa does. Too bad both sides tend to ignore the law.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    5 years ago
They are pieces of shit just like Antifa.

Read the title of the article, that should explain why I posted this. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.1    5 years ago

Maybe you should try reading the article. Par for course all you have done is spin the discussion to white supremacists and putting down anyone on the right. 

Antifa is not peaceful protesters. Fact.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @5.1.2    5 years ago

Still carrying a torch for those fascist white supremacists eh? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @5.1.2    5 years ago
Antifa is not peaceful protesters. Fact.

Some refuse to acknowledge that fact.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.4    5 years ago
Some refuse to acknowledge that fact.

From a article on a senator calling Antifa "Peaceful protesters" I have been called A fascist, a white supremist, and a fascist white supremist. 

Not one of them discussed the article...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  KDMichigan @5.1.5    5 years ago

Alinsky Rules!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.6    5 years ago
Alinsky Rules!!

Why do I feel like when you posted this, most of the liberals on here grabbed their well worn copy of "Rules for Radicals" and reread it yet again?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @5.1.7    5 years ago

LOL!

Good one!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.1.9  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.3    5 years ago

Still carrying the torch for the Antifa Brownshirts eh?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    5 years ago

Who'd a thunk it....But, but, but, Antifa is violent....oh please....defend this, I dare you...there is NO defense.

Proud Boys Leader Admits Their Rallies Are For Fighting And Wasting Money

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago
Democratic Rep. Calls Antifa Members 'Peaceful Protesters'

And yet again, I'm not surprised.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

If they fuck up and kill Nazis then they are okay in my book. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.1  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    5 years ago

I personally would not want to see anyone get killed. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  arkpdx @8.1    5 years ago

If it is a Nazi then give me a front row seat. Fuck Nazis.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1.1    5 years ago
Fuck Nazis.

Fuck Socialist Liberals.

See how that works?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
9  1stwarrior    5 years ago

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  1stwarrior @9    5 years ago

But Nazi's...

I love this video, After Antifa stop pedestrians they let a woman thru then a man sneaks thru with her, then they assault him then cry like the skinny jean wearing bitches they are because the cops arrested a Antifa member.