FOX NEWS SHREDS TRUMP OVER FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT BORDER WALL . . . 'THERE'S NO NEW WALL!

Via:  krishna  •  3 weeks ago  •  115 comments

FOX NEWS SHREDS TRUMP OVER FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT BORDER WALL . . .  'THERE'S NO NEW WALL!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith on Wednesday called out Donald Trump's false claims about the southern U.S.-Mexico border wall and Puerto Rico after the president lashed out at the network.

Smith took aim at Trump's latest claims about the border wall. Earlier today, the president tweeted a video of the southwest border and claimed that the border wall he promised his supporters during the 2016 presidential election is "going up very fast despite total Obstruction by Democrats in Congress, and elsewhere!"

In response, Smith debunked the president's claims and clarified that "there's no new wall."

"Existing barriers have been replaced. Same span. The total of repaired barrier is about 60 miles along that 2,000 mile border," the host said. "The president also said in the tweet that the wall is going up rapidly. It is not. As we just reported, there's no new wall. Only replacement for walls which were in need of repair or upgrade. Those are the facts."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Krishna
1  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

Smith took aim at Trump's latest claims about the border wall. Earlier today, the president tweeted a video of the southwest border and claimed that the border wall he promised his supporters during the 2016 presidential election is "going up very fast despite total Obstruction by Democrats in Congress, and elsewhere!"

In response, Smith debunked the president's claims and clarified that "there's no new wall."

Tessylo
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

I don't know why people keep disputing the fact that THERE IS NO NEW WALL

lady in black
1.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 weeks ago

Because if trumptard said it it must be try...he doesn't lie you know.

1stwarrior
1.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 weeks ago

Split Personality
1.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.2    3 weeks ago

Does it also show the invasion, pouring in where there was no wall, and is still no wall?

If I replace my car with another, I still have transportation and mobility, nothing changed.

By the same token, replacing existing fence/wall with better fence/walls does little to enhance security.

If the same gaps still exist, that existed for the last 2 or 3 decades, we have accomplished nothing.

Just Jim NC TttH
1.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    3 weeks ago
By the same token, replacing existing fence/wall with better fence/walls does little to enhance security.

The post included the 55-second video , which shows a new, taller barrier that had replaced a 10-foot fence that asylum seekers and illegal immigrants were easily able to breach.

Tessylo
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

Which is exactly what this 'president' and his administration has accomplished, NOTHING.

Except those tax breaks for the rich.  

Tessylo
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.4    3 weeks ago

That'll help, NOT!

They will just as easily breach.  

Split Personality
1.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    3 weeks ago

or walk around the end of the fence as pictured above in Brownsville TX.

Tessylo
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.7    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gifRight, that'll help, make it taller!  

Freedom Warrior
1.1.9  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

Not according to those that actually do the fucking work of providing border security.  

Of course that wouldn't matter to someone who has no desire to enforce border laws.

WallyW
1.1.10  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 weeks ago

If a house is remodeled or repaired, it's new construction.

It would be the same for a fence

Krishna
1.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.2    3 weeks ago

Video shows miles of newly constructed Mexico border wall

LOL!

If you actually believe a Fox reporter has lied on air, then the question is-- why?

Why would a Fox reporter lie-- when it has been recorded and everyone can see it?

Answer me that!!!!

Dean Moriarty
1.1.12  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Krishna @1.1.11    3 weeks ago

There is no real news to be found on the boob tube these days. Nobody should turn to the television for factual news reporting. 

Ozzwald
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  WallyW @1.1.10    3 weeks ago

No it's not. 

If you can't support something with the truth, why do people (in general) bother posting?

Raven Wing
1.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    3 weeks ago
why do people (in general) bother posting?

One does not need to bother with providing the truth when their only intent is to stir the pot and create a hostile environment.

Dismayed Patriot
1.1.15  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.2    3 weeks ago

In your linked NYpost article:

"The post included the 55-second video, which shows a new, taller barrier that had replaced a 10-foot fence that asylum seekers and illegal immigrants were easily able to breach."

So this was a section of existing fencing that was replaced. Like even Fox had to admit, there's no NEW wall sections, just replacement for existing fencing that was authorized long before Trump.

Jack_TX
1.1.16  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

That makes almost negative amounts of sense.

If you have an existing fence that can't keep anything out and you replace it with a better fence that can, how is security not enhanced?

Split Personality
1.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.16    3 weeks ago

A sieve is still a sieve regardless of how thick it it is, no?

igknorantzrulz
1.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @1.1.10    3 weeks ago

No Wally, no it is not.

IT is called renovations.   New Construction, is construction of something completely new, sorta like the two words stating as much.

Jack_TX
1.1.19  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.17    3 weeks ago

You imagine that a 30 foot wall with spikes is a "sieve"?  

Tacos!
1.1.20  Tacos!  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.19    3 weeks ago
You imagine that a 30 foot wall with spikes is a "sieve"?

Sure. Gumby will go right through that thing.

Split Personality
1.1.21  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.19    3 weeks ago

Come on Jack, you are a neighbor and a smart guy.  Don't be antagonistic.

The border is 1,954 miles long and has approximately 650 miles of a variety of barriers, in different states of disrepair,

from 30 foot bollards ( which have already been breached ) to livestock fencing or vehicle barriers.  Do the math.

Almost all of the current fencing/walls is along the CA, NM and AZ borders with TX fences concentrated around legal ports of entry.

CA, AZ and NM have a 60 foot easement along the border which belongs to the Feds by right of the terms of their entry into the Union.

Because Texas was a sovereign nation before joining the Union, there was no easement along their southern border and when Congress broke Texas's shoes about reentry in the Union after the Civil War, they too apparently overlooked the issue.

Hence every mile of Texas border is contested private property, National Park or Indian territory by treaty.

And we Texans love our property rights don't we?

You can call it a sieve or Swiss cheese, but it isn't a defensible contiguous wall and most likely won't ever be.

Currently ' they' walk up to the border, cross over and call the BP to ask for asylum.

It sure beats the old days of tunneling under or climbing over the various "completed" sections, or sailing around either end

or being catapulted over the "wall".

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/us-mexico-interactive-border-map/

Interesting, but long video.

Split Personality
1.1.23  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.22    3 weeks ago

Desperate and inventive people...

Tacos!
1.1.24  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.23    3 weeks ago

So we should do nothing, then?

Burglars are desperate and inventive, too. I bet you still lock your doors.

Jack_TX
1.1.25  Jack_TX  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.21    3 weeks ago
Come on Jack, you are a neighbor and a smart guy.

As are you. 

All I'm saying is that we currently have sections of fence which couldn't keep out a mildly indifferent octagenarian in a wheelchair.  Replacing those with decent barriers that actually deter entry gives the border patrol less ground to cover.

Now, I'm not a contiguous fence supporter.  But the Border Patrol says additional barriers in several key areas would be a huge help as part of a larger, professionally structured (and actually intelligent) plan to secure the borders.

I also know that the only reason this isn't a national crisis is because Americans...and liberals slightly more so...are terrible at math and slaves to whatever we see on television

I lived in South Florida during the Mariel boatlift.  100,000 Cuban refugees washed up on US shores over a 6 month period.  It was a national emergency.  Shit was done.  Federal aid was allocated.  US Military personnel were involved.  Because the Cubans in makeshift rafts made good television.

We catch nearly 100,000 people every 30 days coming across the Mexican border.  Lord only knows how many we don't catch.  And that number is LOWER than it has been historically.  We're talking about the population of Washington DC every 7 months.  Something needs to be done.

I'm also not anti-immigration.  I'm a Reagan-style conservative who believes in practical shit like raising taxes when you need to and granting amnesty if it's the quickest way to straighten things out.  We simply need to get people documented so that they can participate in society like the rest of us.  We can't do that if we can't control where they come in.

1stwarrior
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

Border Patrol releases drone footage showing miles of ‘new wall system’ being built

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-patrol-showcases-new-wall

1stwarrior
1.2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    3 weeks ago

That interactive map is AWESOME - can almost see my house :-)

igknorantzrulz
1.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2.2    3 weeks ago
can almost see my house

that's great, can you ALMOST see that NEWLY CONSTRUCTED WALL, as well ?

Can you see Russia from your house as also...? Sarah ???

1stwarrior
1.2.4  1stwarrior  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.3    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif You are just so cute - love your ability to actually discuss the topic.

Krishna
2  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

Smith debunked the president's claims and clarified that "there's no new wall."

"Existing barriers have been replaced. Same span. The total of repaired barrier is about 60 miles along that 2,000 mile border," the host said.

"The president also said in the tweet that the wall is going up rapidly. It is not.

As we just reported, there's no new wall. Only replacement for walls which were in need of repair or upgrade.

Those are the facts."

But those are only the true facts-- they are not the "alternative facts" that members of Trump's mentally-challenged base love so much!

igknorantzrulz
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @2    3 weeks ago

Thus why Trump stated Fox is no longer working for "us".

As he admitted as much, and how is it that an alleged "News" organization, "Works" for a corrupted LIE filled GOP Administration ???

Doesn't any see a problem with this ?

It's called PROPAGANDA ! 

It's used to manipulate minds who can't think for themselves, and it's sad.

lady in black
3  lady in black    3 weeks ago

Of course there's no NEW wall....more lies from the liar in chief and the deporables eat his shit daily and ask for more.

Freedom Warrior
3.1  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @3    3 weeks ago

What the hell are you talking about.  I have seen the new wall.  It's fucking awesome.

So there is your fact check. Smith has lost his mind if thinks there is no new wall.  By the way, the design is highly functinal and based on the recommendations of the border patrol which I am proud to say I have a relative working for.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.2  Freedom Warrior  replied to  MUVA @3.1.1    3 weeks ago

By the way, I went and saw the new wall personally a few days ago since I was at the border

Tessylo
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1    3 weeks ago

Where did you see this 'new wall'

What fact check?

You always make claims but NEVER back them up, NEVER.  

lady in black
3.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1    3 weeks ago

The replacement wall, no NEW wall.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.5  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    3 weeks ago

Go see for yourself.  Here's a clue for you.  It's at the US / Mexican border.  Do you need a map?  [Deleted]

MUVA
3.1.6  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    3 weeks ago

Look at the link I posted.

1stwarrior
3.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    3 weeks ago

Freedom Warrior
3.1.8  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @3.1.4    3 weeks ago

If someone owns a junker that isn't running and sends it to the junk yard then gets a new Ferrari, they have a New Car.  Same situation with the Wall.

Beyond that, how fucking stupid would someone have to be to put up a New Wall with scarce resources at a location where it wan't needed.

This is another example of the lunacy surrounding rhetoric from the President's opposition.

MUVA
3.1.9  MUVA  replied to  lady in black @3.1.4    3 weeks ago

When you replace old wall with new wall it is now new wall. Let me guess when you buy a new car you call it a replacement not a new car. 

MUVA
3.1.10  MUVA  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.8    3 weeks ago

I didn't see your post before I posted great minds think alike.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.11  Freedom Warrior  replied to  MUVA @3.1.10    3 weeks ago

It was worth reiterating.  It's absolutely mind boggling to see the lengths these people go to twist themselves into knots to avoid admitting that if someone replaces something with something new and vastly superior to the old one that it somehow is not NEW.

What sort of illogic allows people to believe something so nonsensical.

Tessylo
3.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.2    3 weeks ago
'a few days ago since I was at the border'

Which side?

Tessylo
3.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @3.1.10    3 weeks ago
'great minds think alike'

[Deleted]

Tessylo
3.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.5    3 weeks ago

Of course, no facts or citation to back you up, as usual.  

MUVA
3.1.15  MUVA  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.11    3 weeks ago

[Deleted]

MUVA
3.1.16  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.14    3 weeks ago

Did you look at the new wall in the link?

Freedom Warrior
3.1.17  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.14    3 weeks ago

Seriously?  You don't know how to find the US Mexican Border.

Look up San Diego and then Look Up Tijuana. [Removed]

lady in black
3.1.19  lady in black  replied to  MUVA @3.1.9    3 weeks ago

Replacing sections of old wall is NOT putting in a new wall where one didn't exist before.  

Freedom Warrior
3.1.20  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @3.1.19    3 weeks ago

However it is a NEW WALL!

Tessylo
3.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.17    3 weeks ago

Still waiting for your proof/facts.

Tessylo
3.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.20    3 weeks ago

NOPE

lady in black
3.1.23  lady in black  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.20    3 weeks ago

It is a REPLACEMENT WALL...not a NEW WALL PUT IN PLACE WHERE ONE NEVER EXISTED.

Dulay
3.1.24  Dulay  replied to  MUVA @3.1.9    3 weeks ago
When you replace old wall with new wall it is now new wall.

When you replace an old wall that doesn't enclose your property, your property is STILL open. Instead, I for one, would install the 'new wall' where none exists. 

Dulay
3.1.25  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.7    3 weeks ago
Construction begins on 30-foot border wall in fragile Arizona desert

So according to your link they are REPLACING 2 miles of old FENCE adjacent to the border crossing, where there is little to NO illegal crossings, with new FENCE. 

BTFW 1st, what say you about the Tohono's protests about what the Trump is doing to the land and the discriminatory harassment they are being subjected to? 

Freedom Warrior
3.1.26  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @3.1.23    3 weeks ago

It's a new fucking wall in a location that makes sense.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.27  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.21    3 weeks ago

Why?

lady in black
3.1.28  lady in black  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.26    3 weeks ago

It's a fucking REPLACEMENT wall where it already existed...NO NEW WALL HAS BEEN PUT UP IN PLACES IT DIDN'T EXIST 

Dismayed Patriot
3.1.29  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  lady in black @3.1.28    3 weeks ago

But don't you remember on the campaign trail when Trump said "If I am elected, we're going to build beautiful 'new' wall to replace the existing barriers already approved under former administrations, and you're going to pay for it..."

Campaign promise kept!... /s

Freedom Warrior
3.1.30  Freedom Warrior  replied to  lady in black @3.1.28    3 weeks ago

[Deleted]

Freedom Warrior
3.1.31  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.24    3 weeks ago

[Deleted]

Dulay
3.1.32  Dulay  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.31    3 weeks ago

Sure, I'd love to hear it...

MUVA
3.1.33  MUVA  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.31    3 weeks ago

When I tore down my old to build the new shop everyone that was involved from the construction company to the bank called it a new shop.  not a replacement shop.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.34  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.32    3 weeks ago

[Deleted]

TᵢG
3.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.34    3 weeks ago
FW @3.1.31That’s completely fucking stupid do you want me to explain to you why 

Dulay @3.1.32Sure, I'd love to hear it...

FW @3.1.34Do you know anything about border security?

Awesome explanation!

lady in black
3.1.36  lady in black  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.30    3 weeks ago

[Deleted] the fact that the "new" wall is just replacing old wall and NO new wall went up where one never existed

Tessylo
3.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.1.32    3 weeks ago

As usual, no answer, just more questions.  

1stwarrior
3.1.38  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.25    3 weeks ago

Needless to say, another treaty violation and going way beyond the "plenary" powers - but, that's just my opinion.

1stwarrior
3.1.39  1stwarrior  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.38    3 weeks ago

The Tohono Nation was "built" based on three EO's (Grant, Polk, Arthur) resulting from the language contained in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, i.e. "Land Grants, Article X" so, as such, they don't have a "Treaty" with the U.S. - very similar. if not duplicitous, with the Pueblos in NM and AZ.  The sad part is that, according to Mexico, in the 2010 Census, there were NO Tohono O'odham on the Mexican side of the border.

Tacos!
3.1.40  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @3.1.28    3 weeks ago

So, if you tore down the tumbledown shack that you live in (I'm sure it's lovely) and built a mansion in its place, you wouldn't tell people you got a new house? You'd really go to the trouble of telling them you got a "replacement house?"

lady in black
3.1.41  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.40    3 weeks ago

No NEW wall sections were added to places where a wall existed....hence NO new wall, replacement wall yes, new wall NO

Dulay
3.1.42  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.39    3 weeks ago
Tohono O'odham

The Mexicans use the Spanish bastardization of Pima or Papago. 

Over 2000 were on the 2000 Mexican census. 

There are multiple 'clans' in Mexico:

Tohono o'odham
Akimel o'odham
Onk Akimel o'odham
Hi'aced o'odham

Dulay
3.1.43  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.35    3 weeks ago

I see that his reply was just about what I'd expect. 

Freedom Warrior
3.1.44  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.40    3 weeks ago

All this replacement nonsense is just proof positive that people have lost their minds because of their inability to deal with Trump's success.

There is no where in the world where any logic exists to define new as not new.

Tacos!
3.1.45  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @3.1.41    3 weeks ago
No NEW wall sections were added to places where a wall existed

What does that mean? If it's not new what was replacing the old stuff?

Tacos!
3.1.46  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.1.42    3 weeks ago
There are multiple 'clans' in Mexico: Tohono o'odham Akimel o'odham Onk Akimel o'odham Hi'aced o'odham

Descendants of Irish immigrants.

Dulay
3.1.47  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.46    3 weeks ago

WTF are you talking about? 

Tacos!
3.1.48  Tacos!  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.44    3 weeks ago

I can't believe we're arguing about the meaning of the word "new." From now on, apparently, when I buy new jeans, I have to call them "Replacement Pants."

Texan1211
3.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.48    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Freedom Warrior
3.1.50  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.32    3 weeks ago

Well of course you would.  Apparently It’s really too much to ask of certain types of people around here to have some knowledge about what they are discussing or figure anything out for themselves.

Freedom Warrior
3.1.51  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.48    3 weeks ago

Well I would put it to you this way if those folks there are seriously unable to understand the meaning of the word new there is no reason to believe anything they say.

Tacos!
3.1.52  Tacos!  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.51    3 weeks ago

Depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

1stwarrior
3.1.53  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.42    3 weeks ago

Correction - there are several "thousand" in Sonora, Mexico.

The Tohono O'Odham are probably descendents of the Hohokam Indians.

Papago was a term used by the Pima and other tribes to describe the Tohono O'Odham.  Papago, or Papahvio-Otam, means "bean people".

They are also known as Two Villagers, owing to their traditional migration patterns. They, along with the Pima (Akimel O’odham, or River People, also known as One Villagers because of their relatively settled lives), the Sand Papago (Hia-ced O’odham, also known as No Villagers, because of their more or less constant migrations in search of food), and the Ak-Chin ("mouth of the arroyo") O’odham, constitute the O’odham Indians.

1stwarrior
3.1.54  1stwarrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.47    3 weeks ago

"Think" it was an attempt at humor.

Dulay
3.1.55  Dulay  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.50    3 weeks ago
Well of course you would.  Apparently It’s really too much to ask of certain types of people around here to have some knowledge about what they are discussing or figure anything out for themselves.

Wait WHAT? You OFFERED to explain, failed to do so and now you're saying that I don't have the knowledge and should figure it out for myself. 

Is that you Lucy? 

Freedom Warrior
3.1.56  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.55    3 weeks ago

I didn't offer you anything.  You may want to brush up on your contract law.  I asked if you WANTED me to explain.  As a result, I have concluded that you don't understand why those responsible for border security chose to build new walls at the locations they have.

Now that's sad.

Dulay
3.1.57  Dulay  replied to  Freedom Warrior @3.1.56    3 weeks ago
I didn't offer you anything.  

Actually you did. 

You may want to brush up on your contract law.  

Why? 

I asked if you WANTED me to explain.  

And I said yes. Please proceed. 

As a result, I have concluded that you don't understand why those responsible for border security chose to build new walls at the locations they have.

So as a result of your own lack of an explanation, you've come to an unfounded conclusion. Got ya.

Now that's sad.

You're fever dreams are indeed sad. 

Freedom Warrior
3.1.58  Freedom Warrior  replied to  Dulay @3.1.57    3 weeks ago
So as a result of your own lack of an explanation, you've come to an unfounded conclusion. Got ya.

[Deleted]

It Is ME
4  It Is ME    3 weeks ago

If one takes down a crappy falling down fence, and puts up a nice sturdy fence in it's place, in the construction world, that's called "Putting up a new fence" !

Freedom Warrior
4.1  Freedom Warrior  replied to  It Is ME @4    3 weeks ago

If someone owns a junker that isn't running and sends it to the junk yard then gets a new Ferrari, they have a New Car.  Same situation with the Wall.

It Is ME
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4.1    3 weeks ago

There's just no spinning ….. New is New ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Krishna
5  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

Obviously someone is lying here....

MrFrost
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @5    3 weeks ago
Obviously someone is lying here....

Well, can't be trump, he has only told 12,000 lies in three years. [eye roll]

Tacos!
6  Tacos!    3 weeks ago
"Existing barriers have been replaced. Same span. The total of repaired barrier is about 60 miles along that 2,000 mile border,"

That's disingenuously misleading. You could literally walk through or hop over the old fence, no special tools required. What it is being replaced with is completely new, entirely different, and actually effective at stopping people and cars. Simply calling it "replacement" makes it sound like the same type and quality of barrier is being installed and that is not true. What is being installed is new.

What you had before was this:

merlin_150084237_a201225d-6724-48de-b88c

That's a joke. The only thing it has in common with what Trump is installing is that they're both man-made objects located at the border.

The new wall is entirely different.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1t2uUeBXdU/?igshid=b6tjibw3fnws …

Krishna
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 weeks ago
That's a joke. The only thing it has in common with what Trump is installing is that they're both man-made objects located at the border.

The new wall is entirely different.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1t2uUeBXdU/?igshid=b6tjibw3fnws …

A joke?

Well that post of yours is a blatant LIE!

You just posted a picture with what is allegedly a link to the picture.

But the instagram link you posted (which you implied goes to the picture you posted)  goes to a completed wall-- not those poles in the ground.

You were trying to con us to believe that the picture you posted was the "before".

But guess what?

That picture (a few poles in ground) is not the "before"-- it's current! No wall has been built there!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the picture (no wall) you posted-- its not a "before"-- in fact its dated August 29. 2019!

Its from today's news-- there's no completed wall there. Description of photo:

The border between the United States and Mexico is marked by poles in the Tohono O'odham nation in Arizona. US President Donald Trump suggested seizing land that is not owned by the government to complete the border wall. 

Don't believe me? here's the LINK!!!!

SHAME ON YOU!

Krishna
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 weeks ago
Here's the picture (no wall) you posted-- its not a "before"-- in fact its dated August 29. 2019!

Its from today's news-- there's no completed wall there. Description of photo:

The border between the United States and Mexico is marked by poles in the Tohono O'odham nation in Arizona. US President Donald Trump suggested seizing land that is not owned by the government to complete the border wall. 

Don't believe me? here's the LINK!!!!

SHAME ON YOU!

Next time you try a sleazy trick like that-- better show it to Shirley and Company first!!!

Dulay
6.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 weeks ago
The border between the United States and Mexico is marked by poles in the Tohono O'odham nation in Arizona. US President Donald Trump suggested seizing land that is not owned by the government to complete the border wall.

http://www.tonation-nsn.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Issue-Brief-Tohono-Oodham-Nation-Opposes-Border-Wall.pdf

Tacos!
6.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 weeks ago
You were trying to con us to believe that the picture you posted was the "before".

[Deleted] The pictures are meant as examples. This kind of thing is replacing that kind of thing. [Deleted]

Dulay
6.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.3    3 weeks ago
This kind of thing is replacing that kind of thing.

Prove it. 

Dulay
6.2  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 weeks ago

The kind of fence shown in your Instagram link did NOT replace the kind of fence shown in your picture. 

Krishna
6.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dulay @6.2    3 weeks ago

The kind of fence shown in your Instagram link did NOT replace the kind of fence shown in your picture.

Yup.

Obviously someone is lying here.....

Tacos!
6.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.2    3 weeks ago

I say it did. deleted

Dulay
6.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.2    3 weeks ago

Prove it. 

Tacos!
6.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.2.3    3 weeks ago

Sure no problem. Drive down to the border and you'll see I'm right.

Dulay
6.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.4    3 weeks ago
Sure no problem.

Looks to me that you DO have a problem. 

Drive down to the border and you'll see I'm right.

I'll take the word of the Tohono O'odham and the data in the most recent interactive maps.

The ballaster fencing stops 3+ miles east of Lukeville, AZ and doesn't start again until Sasaba, AZ, about 2 miles outside of the reservation. NONE of it is on the reservation. 

Tacos!
6.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @6.2.5    3 weeks ago
I'll take the word of the Tohono O'odham and the data in the most recent interactive maps

I understand. [Deleted]

Tessylo
6.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.6    3 weeks ago

[Deleted]

Krishna
7  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago
FOX NEWS SHREDS TRUMP OVER FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT BORDER WALL . . . 'THERE'S NO NEW WALL!

And now-- "Dear Leader" (AKA "Great Leader of our Party and of our Nation") Punches Back against The Imperialistic Fox News and their Dirty Capitalist Running Dogs!!!!

Trump's Mental Confusion Increases-- Now He's Starting To Attack Fox News!!!

His tweets made explicit Trump's long-held belief that Fox belongs to him and his supporters.

MrFrost
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @7    3 weeks ago
Trump's Mental Confusion Increases-- Now He's Starting To Attack Fox News!!!

Yep, the other day I was on fox news and the right wing trolls were already screaming that fox news is a "liberal" news agency. 

Never fails, trump spits out a few idiotic sentence fragments and the trump trolls run to the message boards to bleat their messiah's idiocy as if it was literally the word of "God". Sometimes, all you can do is laugh at them. 

MrFrost
8  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

So let's say there is what, 60 miles of new fence, wall, whatthefuckever you want to call it. Bush put in over 400 miles of fencing...of the 2200 mile border. 

Wait until trump finds out he is second fiddle to arguable one of the worst presidents in history.