╌>

Russia came out the winner of this year's G7 summit despite being kicked out, and Trump looked like 'Putin's puppet'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  32 comments

Russia came out the winner of this year's G7 summit despite being kicked out, and Trump looked like 'Putin's puppet'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• This year's G7 summit in France yielded little progress on many of the most pressing issues facing the global community.
  • But there was one country that came away with significant gains: Russia.
  • Russia was expelled from the G8 after it annexed Crimea five years ago. Since then, it has done little to make up for its actions; in fact, Russia has stepped up its aggression against Ukraine, the US, the UK, and other countries.
  • So it stunned world leaders when President Donald Trump went to bat for Russia during the G7 summit and aggressively lobbied for its readmittance to the group.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago
    • Russia was expelled from the G8 after it annexed Crimea five years ago. Since then, it has done little to make up for its actions; in fact, Russia has stepped up its aggression against Ukraine, the US, the UK, and other countries.

• So it stunned world leaders when President Donald Trump went to bat for Russia during the G7 summit and aggressively lobbied for its readmittance to the group.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1  katrix  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

And Trump being Trump, he blames Obama instead of Russia.

What a traitor.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Russian state media celebrated Trump's full-throated defense of Putin, and one Republican lawmaker told Insider the president's actions were "embarrassing" and made him look "like Putin's puppet."

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

Trump is putin butt boy

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

"So it stunned world leaders when President Donald Trump went to bat for Russia during the G7 summit and aggressively lobbied for its readmittance to the group."

Only an Idiot doesn't know, "it's a good thing to keep your enemies close, even closer than your Friends".

Kicking the "enemy" to a place where you can't/don't keep an eye on them, or able to converse with them face to face, is just being a "FOOL".

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago
"it's a good thing to keep your enemies close, even closer than your Friends".

Like Chamberlain kept Hitler close?

"Peace In Our Time"

During this situation, the British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, flew to meet Hitler at his private mountain retreat in Berchtesgaden in an attempt to resolve the crisis. Three of the documents here are extracts from Chamberlain’s own record of the meeting. The other two documents are useful evidence of the kind of advice Chamberlain was getting at home in Britain.

Chamberlain’s flight to Berchtesgaden was followed by another to Godesberg a week later and then another to Munich on 29 September.  At Munich, Chamberlain got an international agreement that Hitler should have the Sudetenland in exchange for Germany making no further demands for land in Europe.

Chamberlain said it was ‘Peace for our time’.  Hitler said he had ‘No more territorial demands to make in Europe.’

On 1 October German troops occupied the Sudetenland: Hitler had got what he wanted without firing a shot.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago
Like Chamberlain kept Hitler close?

He did ?

Really ?

A Piece of Paper Kept Neville and Hitler Close ?

Really ?

You know better than that.... I think !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago

A piece of paper?

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    5 years ago
A piece of paper?

You know the one …..jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

The "Declaration" paper Neville got Adolf to sign, to keep Britain out of the "WAR"..... that had already been going on. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

That piece of paper. jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Remember ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

LOL.  Yeah, and tRump is always a diplomat.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago
You know better than that

I wouldn't be too sure of that

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  arkpdx @4.1.7    5 years ago

I'm sure. jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.9  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
Some people apparently know little, if any, world history.

For sure ! jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

That's when "History" repeats....Like the Liberals Iran Deal. Kerry knew it was "Crap", but he came back waving that Iran piece of paper like it was a victory. jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago
Kicking the "enemy" to a place where you can't/don't keep an eye on them

Have to agree with you It Is Me.  Russia did not have to become an 'enemy'

The lines of communication should have remained open ..  the isolation of Russia made Putin more dangerous. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.2    5 years ago
Russia did not have to become an 'enemy' The lines of communication should have remained open ..  the isolation of Russia made Putin more dangerous. 

The fact is Putin will never be a friend to the US unless the US President gets on all fours and licks his riding boots. He blames us for the fall of Russia and is determined to undermine us at every turn. His sole global objective is the destruction of western democracy. I'm not sure how advice claiming to "keep your enemies closer" applies when they are actively trying to stab you in the back. Handing them a knife, turning around and closing your eyes is the last thing you'd want to do, but that's pretty much what Trump has done. From blocking the bipartisan sanctions for months and months early in the administration, saying he believed Putin over our own intelligence agencies, continually praising Putin, refusing to step up our counter-intelligence to defend against more election meddling, suggesting we should just let them back in the G7 after they have illegally invaded Crimea and other Ukrainian territories and now he's blocking military aid to Ukraine, I don't know how much more evidence we need to prove Putin's got Trump by his tiny little corn nuts. Fuck Putin, fuck his regime, welcoming them back into the G7 without them changing their behavior just rewards them and shows there are no consequences for their bad actions. If Trump had any balls not in Putins hands, he'd call for increased sanctions and double the aid to Ukraine to fight such worthless authoritarianism. Sadly, Trump is enamored by Putin and his oligarch criminals.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.1    5 years ago
is Putin will never be a friend to the US unless the US President gets on all fours and licks his riding boot

Russia a problem?  The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back!.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.2.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.1    5 years ago

Where did I say anything about being 'friends' with Russia?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  Colour Me Free @4.2    5 years ago
the isolation of Russia made Putin more dangerous.

Pretty Much !

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4.2.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.4    5 years ago

Here is a read you may find interesting..

Ukraine and Crimea: what is Putin thinking?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago
Only an Idiot doesn't know, "it's a good thing to keep your enemies close, even closer than your Friends".

The why did trump back us out of the Iran deal? 

Oops.. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @4.3    5 years ago

Because Iran doesn't do face to face, and, No one was closer to Iran because of it. It was nothing more than a Neville Chamberlain type Document. "Peace in or time" ?

Even John Kerry said it was a worthless non-binding agreement.

OOPS ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3.3  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4.3.1    5 years ago

But you said...

"it's a good thing to keep your enemies close, even closer than your Friends"

Which is exactly what the Iran deal did. If gave us the ability to keep an eye on their activities. 

John Kerry is actually a republican, so there ya go. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3.4  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

Fun fact, the USA was only one of 7 countries involved in the Iran nuke deal. 

Maybe you should send the moron that made that meme and tell him to put down his crayons and get an education. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.3.5  arkpdx  replied to  MrFrost @4.3.4    5 years ago

The head moron that made that "deal" is to busy resisting and buying multi-million dollar houses and is no longer in office.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.6  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @4.3.3    5 years ago
Which is exactly what the Iran deal did.

"NON-BINDING" means exactly what it means. Iran, like the drug commercials here try to tell the kiddies, could "Just say NO", and no one could do a damn thing about it !

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

Another of Trump's acquiesces.  G-7.  Now maybe halting defense measure for Ukraine.

But the worst of all was Helsinki.  That is a stain which is yet to be determined.  And-------must be fully investigated by every Law Enforcement agency under the umbrella of the US government.