╌>

Robert F. Kennedy assassin Sirhan Sirhan stabbed in prison

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tig  •  5 years ago  •  17 comments

Robert F. Kennedy assassin Sirhan Sirhan stabbed in prison
Sirhan, who was convicted in the 1968 shooting death of the Democratic presidential candidate, is serving a life sentence in a California prison.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By   Dennis Romero

The man convicted of killing Robert F. Kennedy was injured Friday in a stabbing in a California prison, officials said.

NBC San Diego   confirmed the attack on Sirhan Bishara Sirhan, 75, citing law enforcement sources.

"There was an assault on an inmate on Friday, August 30 at Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at 2:21 p.m.," the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said in a statement.

"Officers responded quickly, and found an inmate with stab wound injuries," the department said, adding that the victim was stabilized at a hospital.

A suspect in the stabbing was placed in administrative segregation pending an investigation, corrections officials said.

Thomas Shoots, a spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, confirmed that a minutes after the reported attack, paramedics rushed to the prison in San Diego County and found a victim bleeding from the neck.

Sirhan shot Kennedy on Jun. 5, 1968, in the kitchen of the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, where the presidential hopeful was celebrating victory in the California Democratic primary.

ss-180606-rfk-robert-kennedy-assassinati

Sen. Robert Kennedy lies semiconscious in his own blood on the floor after being shot, while busboy Juan Romero tries to comfort him on June 5, 1968 in Los Angeles. Bill Eppridge / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images

Sirhan, a Christian-born Palestinian from Jordan who opposed Kennedy's support for Israel, was convicted in the death and is serving a life sentence.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1  seeder  TᵢG    5 years ago

One of the individuals in history for whom I have zero sympathy.   

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TᵢG @1    5 years ago

I thought he died a few years ago.  It's rather disappointing to know he didn't.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    5 years ago

Actually I am okay with the POS living in prison for even longer so that he can continue to contemplate his despicable act based on his bigotry.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  TᵢG @1    5 years ago

I hope he's suffering horribly.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    5 years ago

I personally would not lose any sleep over it.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3  cjcold  replied to  TᵢG @1    5 years ago

I watched it live and was stunned. Just like I was stunned when I heard of JFKs death. 

Interesting how a Bush CIA hit squad was present for both Kennedy assassinations.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.3    5 years ago
Interesting how a Bush CIA hit squad was present for both Kennedy assassinations.

Must have been a part of the vast right-wing conspiracy!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.3    5 years ago

And J. Edgar Hoover was head of the FBI during both, too!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    5 years ago

From the list of People I Thought Were Already Dead.

I wonder if his assailant is trying to make a name for himself. I mean, even in prison, how does a 75 year old man get in a fight?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Tacos! @2    5 years ago
I wonder if his assailant is trying to make a name for himself.

It does sound a bit fishy to me. How was he stabbed in the neck and yet it was not serious enough to kill him, or cause a real threat to his life. Seems to me it was more intended to attract attention to Sirhan and perhaps his hope to be pardoned by Trump. After all, the man he killed was a Democrat.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2    5 years ago

I think Sirhan's motive would be a reason for Trump NOT to pardon him.  I think the guy who stabbed him should be rewarded.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    5 years ago

My Opinion is he should have been executed years ago, no point in keeping him around

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @3    5 years ago
My Opinion is he should have been executed years ago, no point in keeping him around

i agree. However many convicted terrorists are keep alive (yes-- at taxpayers' expense).

Many people don't remember it, but there was a previous (long before 9/11) attack to take down The World Trade Center in NY-- way back in 1993! Most of the perps were captured and are still alive-- in prison!

On Feb. 26, 1993 , an ugly new phase of terrorism was ushered in when Jordanian Eyad Ismoil drove Kuwaiti Ramzi Yousef and a 1,300-pound nitrate-hydrogen gas enhanced bomb also stuffed with cyanide into the parking garage below the World Trade Center in Manhattan.

Yousef lit a 20-foot fuse, and the two fled quickly enough to evade immediate capture by authorities. The bomb killed six people and injured more than 1,000 that day.

When the bomb went off, their goal of bringing down the Twin Towers failed, but the event was the first in a continuing string of indiscriminate attacks on civilians by terrorists designed solely to kill as many as possible.

By 1997, seven men had been convicted for the attack: Yousef, Ismoil, Egyptian Mahmud Abouhalima, Palestinian Mohammad Salameh, Kuwaiti Nidal A. Ayyad, Iraqi Abdul Rahman Yasin and Palestinian Ahmad Ajaj. Only six of them, however, had been caught.

Rounding out the circle of plotters is the infamous Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who is not only Yousef's uncle, but also later claimed to be the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks which ultimately brought the Twin Towers down. Mohammed gave Yousef advice, tips, and cashin the run up to the 1993 bombing.

Five of the seven main bombers are serving life sentences in the federal Supermax prison in Florence, Colo. (LINK

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Krishna @3.1    5 years ago

Sirhan Sirhan is a christian.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    5 years ago

You can add Bernie Sanders to your "Squad" list of Israel-haters.