╌>

Teens pledge not to have kids until action taken on climate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  43 comments

Teens pledge not to have kids until action taken on climate
"Because even though I want to have children more than almost anything. What kind of a mother would I be if I brought a baby into a world where I couldn't make sure they were safe?"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Teenagers have been bursting into the conversation surrounding — passionately advocating for the planet and their future living on it. But this college student is making her activism even more personal by pledging not to have children until leaders take action.

----------------------------------------------

From there, she and a friend decided to create a website where others could "pledge" not to have kids as well, creating the hashtag #NoFutureNoChildren.

"The name comes because we really feel often like we have no future, or that our government doesn't care about the future," she told CBS News. "And so we don't feel able to have children if their future isn't going to be safe."

----------------------------------------------

We are about to witness the destruction of everything we love because of the climate crisis," wrote Allie Rougeot, a 20-year-old native of Ontario, Canada. "I feel incapable of welcoming an innocent human being into this world knowing the facts."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Well that should kill Bernie and Lizzy's idea of "Medicare for all".

With this idea, no one will be left to pay for it !

Good Job "Teeny Greeny's". jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

At least it will  reduce the population, so no ideas being put forth by the democrats will be needed ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Besides....they only have 12 years left to live anyway (AOC Predicts)!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

The climate issue has become a religion with the left. Can you imagine a young girl saying something like that?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    5 years ago

Good!  Overpopulation is what is causing the problem. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  charger 383 @2    5 years ago

Agreed. Now they have to follow through. Not one of their strong suits.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  charger 383 @2    5 years ago
Overpopulation is what is causing the problem. 

For Sure ! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3  SteevieGee  replied to  charger 383 @2    5 years ago

Sends a message to the olds.  "We're holding your grands hostage you stupid science denying assholes."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3    5 years ago
Sends a message to the olds.  "We're holding your grands hostage you stupid science denying assholes."

Can't hold something hostage that isn't a human yet …. wouldn't you say ?

Have you built your shelter to be ready for 2030....the most probable day of reckoning (I gave AOC a year or two for ooops)?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3    5 years ago

I hate kids. The less around the better.

If I promise to pollute more will more of them promise not to have kids? I doubt that I can produce as much pollution as their combined offspring would; but I am willing to put on a good show- this is all about the show after all.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.1    5 years ago
Have you built your shelter to be ready for 2030....the most probable day of reckoning (I gave AOC a year or two for ooops)?

Have you built yours?  You know, your boy Donnie has and he's not gonna let you in no matter how much stupid dribble you post on his behalf.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.3    5 years ago

So you believe AOC?

We don't, so no, most of us haven't built a shelter yet. Though electing one of the Democratic insane exploding clown car of candidates will cause an epic jump in gun sales, and survival shelters being built. No one wants to be around for the shit storm they will bring.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.6  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.3    5 years ago
Have you built yours? 

ooooo OUCH ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

"you know, your boy Donnie has and he's not gonna let you in no matter how much stupid dribble you post on his behalf."

You KNOW.....NOT jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif , this article isn't about Trump ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.7  SteevieGee  replied to    5 years ago

I learn my science from scientists.  You learn your science from a game show host.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.8  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.7    5 years ago
I learn my science from scientists. 

From all the cuddly 4.....or that 5th one that has something different to tell !

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.9  SteevieGee  replied to  It Is ME @2.3.8    5 years ago

When the fifth works for Exxon Mobil or Duke energy?  I'll stick with the cuddly 4.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.10  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.7    5 years ago

If you follow AOC's advise you get your science from a master twitterer, that won in a district that "a glass of water with a D on it would be elected" according to Nancy Pelosi.

Has she figured out how to, or even if she should, use a garbage disposal yet?

Maybe she needs to cry some more fake tears, that is sure to save the planet. So what if it didn't work for illegal immigrants?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.11  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.9    5 years ago
When the fifth works for Exxon Mobil or Duke energy? 

Are you sure ?

Maybe the 5th doesn't just "Plug in" numbers to get the result everyone wants !

Such a radical thought huh !

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.12  SteevieGee  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.4    5 years ago
So you believe AOC?

I haven't paid much attention to her.  She's not my congressperson.  If her constituents like her she'll stay.  If not?  They'll send her packing.

TTGA
Professor Silent
2.3.14  TTGA  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.9    5 years ago
When the fifth works for Exxon Mobil or Duke energy?  I'll stick with the cuddly 4.

And the four work for universities that investigate "problems", the investigations being paid for by government grants.  If the four find that there is no problem, the grants go away and they are out of jobs.

I find it interesting that no one ever cared about the ozone layer until just after E.I. DuPont's patent on Freon expired and anyone could make and sell the stuff for far less than the price DuPont was charging.  Then, all of a sudden, ozone was super super important and the way to stop the problem was to outlaw Freon. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE; DuPont had a safe substitute (with an active patent) available to step into the breach.

So no, it is not, and never has been, about the planet or the climate or saving civilization.  It's ALWAYS been about MONEY and POWER and nothing else.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.15  SteevieGee  replied to    5 years ago

I don't get it squiggy.  Zygotes, to me?  Do you know what a zygote is?  Doesn't make sense.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.3.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  SteevieGee @2.3.15    5 years ago

Zygotes fo me too

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3  Sunshine    5 years ago

Does she think this is blackmail?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

so we can count on them not breeding... awesome :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago
Teens Pledge Not To Have Kids Until Action Taken

tenor.gif

Trust me  teens, no one out here in the world wants you to have kids anyway.

user image
Freshman Silent
8      5 years ago

Truth is social activism is so unattractive that no males likely want to have children with her. This is just her way of not feeling passed over.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Having been born in, educated in and spending most of my life in Ontario, Canada, I'm embarrassed that someone educated there could not only be so ridiculously naive, but to publicly display it.

TTGA
Professor Silent
9.1  TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9    5 years ago
Having been born in, educated in and spending most of my life in Ontario, Canada, I'm embarrassed that someone educated there could not only be so ridiculously naive, but to publicly display it.

Buzz, I think we can take it as a given that anyone who is that ridiculously naive (which takes in most of the world, not just Ontario, population under the age of 30), will almost certainly choose to publicly display it.