╌>

Trump suggested shooting migrants and creating border moat with alligators and snakes, report claims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  53 comments

Trump suggested shooting migrants and creating border moat with alligators and snakes, report claims
Ideas abandoned after aides tell president they are illegal

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Photo credit: The Independent

Donald Trump reportedly suggested shooting migrants in the legs as they crossed the US-Mexico border, in order to slow them down.

The president is said to have pushed for the illegal action during a private meeting.

He also suggested creating a border moat filled with snakes or alligators, on numerous occasions.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Donald Trump reportedly suggested shooting migrants in the legs as they crossed the US-Mexico

border, in order to slow them down. The president is said to have pushed for the illegal action during a private meeting.

He also suggested creating a border moat filled with snakes or alligators, on numerous occasions.

Perhaps we should also consider using tactical nuclear weapons against them? Oh wait-- John Bolton has already been fired.....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

Did it ever occur to anyone that he was joking when making those comments and that those who want to sabotage him are portraying them as serious statements?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

Was he also joking when he said Mexico would pay for the wall?  How about when he said Jeffrey Epsein was a really great guy?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.1    5 years ago

He certainly wasn't serious. BTW Tess has seeded another version of this same story.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

No, unfortunately, for those here who LIVE to get up in the morning pissed off because...........well.........Trump and seed all kind of "bad Trump" stories, they take  tongue in cheek quips as serious suggestions. And the "after aides tell the President they are illegal", line gets all kind of ha ha's. This "story" reminds me of the old "you want to stop the perp, fire a warning shot................in the knee". They seem to forget that Mr. Trump was and is a businessman. What do business leaders do? They throw out all kind of ideas hoping to spark some ingenuity in their staff and come up with reasons why not  but more importantly, to segue to an alternative and in effect, implement actions that still reach the intended "goal". Gotta SYFH at these never Trumpers. Watch what he does, NOT what he says (necessarily).

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago
BTW Tess has seeded another version of this same story.

OK-- but did it ever occur to you that maybe Tess wasn't serious when she seeded that?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @1.1.4    5 years ago

I think we all know better than that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

Of course he was serious.  He had staff look into the costs for a moat filled with snakes and alligators.  It was no joke suggesting that migrants be shot for throwing rocks.  

How about sharks with frikking laser beams attached to their heads?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.3    5 years ago
No, unfortunately, for those here who LIVE to get up in the morning pissed off because...........well.........Trump and seed all kind of "bad Trump" stories

Did it ever occur to YOU that maybe some of those people who seed "bad Trump" stories are serious when they seed them?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.3    5 years ago

He was also a failed businessman.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.1.4    5 years ago

So has John.

Are you being facetious Krishna?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.5    5 years ago
I think we all know better than that.

"All"?

Everyone on NT thinks the same?

(Maybe you're right-- that's we have such peace and harmony in political discussion here on NT!!!!)

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.11  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    5 years ago

He's about to learn that a President can't joke around like this.  He could find himself in trouble for that little prank call to the Ukrainian President.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @1.1.7    5 years ago

Of course they are. TDS/TAD seems to keep some people awake at night being pissed because they can't do a damned thing to change it and need something, like the Dems in the House, to find something, anything for a gotcha. I think some feel their posts here actually have an effect on the national opinion level. This, as with a lot of other now defunct comment boards, seems to be a magnet for some folks to spew venom. A gathering of metaphoric clouds to scream at since November, 2016. And some clouds eat it up. That, to me, is no way to go through life.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @1.1.4    5 years ago

I think she is. I take her at her word

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.14  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    5 years ago
How about sharks with frikking laser beams attached to their heads?

Are you serious?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.12    5 years ago

There is no such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome.  The suggestion of TDS is a hoax. 

It isnt possible to be improperly aggravated at or angry with someone who is a serial liar, lifelong crook, bigot, and moron. 

What you call Trump Derangement Syndrome is simply people having a normal human reaction when confronted with a monumental asshole. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.16  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.9    5 years ago

One never knows...

But consider this-- seriously,  how can we ever trust anything we read in the papers-- or see on TV-- or on the Internet? If anyone makes a statement they later regret, they can always claim they weren't being serious! 

(But I do wonder if that will hold up in a court of law???)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @1.1.10    5 years ago
Everyone on NT thinks the same?

Probably not but a dollar to a donut even some on the same "side" won't admit it. I didn't speak "artfully".

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Krishna @1.1.4    5 years ago
OK-- but did it ever occur to you that maybe Tess wasn't serious when she seeded that?

What kind of question is that? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.19  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.16    5 years ago

But consider this-- seriously,  how can we ever trust anything we read in the papers-- or see on TV-- or on the Internet? If anyone makes a statement they later regret, they can always claim they weren't being serious! 

(But I do wonder if that will hold up in a court of law???)

Or, perhaps more importantly-- how will Trumps numerous incredibly stupid and nefariously inflammatory comments play out in, say....soemthing like an Impeachment hearing?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.20  JohnRussell  replied to  Krishna @1.1.16    5 years ago
If anyone makes a statement they later regret, they can always claim they weren't being serious! 

I presume you also constantly apply your admonitions to yourself. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.21  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.18    5 years ago
What kind of question is that? 

A foolish one!

I was just being a Silly Goose!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Krishna @1.1.4    5 years ago
If anyone makes a statement they later regret, they can always claim they weren't being serious! 

I seeded a very similar story to this last night. Maybe you were unable to see the seeds that preceded yours. It happens to all of us from time to time. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @1.1.16    5 years ago

And the problem with that is the fact that once heard or read, you can't unread or unhear what was brought to light. And a lot of times, a retraction gets prominence on page 12 instead of front and center. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.24  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.9    5 years ago

Yes.

Apologies-- I should have mentioned that immediately.

I was just trying to make a point (that if you accept the "he was just not being serious") defense whenever Trump says or Tweets something dumb (and inflammatory!) then anything goes-- there's no accountability!

For example, he could make a comment such as:

People crossing the border illegally should be shot!

He could say that-- not being serious-- not really advocating that-- but nevertheless saying it.

Which might sound like a good defense of that statement.

But while the vast majority of Americans (evenn of his followers) would never take it seriously-- a tiny percent are mentally unstable-- and might actually be motivated to shoot someone!

Irresponsible speech-- especially from an elected official-- can have dire consequences!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.25  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.22    5 years ago
I seeded a very similar story to this last night. Maybe you were unable to see the seeds that preceded yours. It happens to all of us from time to time. 

Actually I usually do make it a habit to do a quick check to see if a story has already been seeded before I seed the same story. 

Should have looked more carefully before I seeded this one, but I was careless because very busy this AM-- watching the stock market news because it was soon to open and I expect it may be making a big move and may want to do a trade....things looking riskier than normal.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.27  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.23    5 years ago
And the problem with that is the fact that once heard or read, you can't unread or unhear what was brought to light.

True.

In fact some peoples' careless staements (especially when they consistantly make them) could result in the negative consequences for the speaker (for example-- this just popped into my mind-- it might actually get them impeached!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.28  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.23    5 years ago

And the problem with that is the fact that once heard or read, you can't unread or unhear what was brought to light.

But!

But you can get your news from more than one source-- often that lets you realize that one of those stories was inaccurate (if not totally false).

For example, I start my day watching Fox News alternating with MSNBC. On TV, I flip back and forth. And then I boot up my computer-- and quickly glance over headlines on several online sites! (I read only a few of the stories that catch my eye).

If there's a story that "sets off alarm bells" (i.e. sounds like it might be inaccurate) I look for coverage of the same story on a different site.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who only tunes into Fox or MSNBC or CNN, etc every day is getting a very biased (and mostly inaccurate!!) view of the world. 

And that includes the majority of people here.

And a lot of times, a retraction gets prominence on page 12 instead of front and center. 

Again, that could be a problem for anyone who only gets their news from MSNBC or only from Fox. But there's a really easy way to overcome that problem!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @1.1.27    5 years ago

Always thought that it took a modicum of intelligence to develop a sense of humor. Since Trump is dumb as a rock...…………………...

Ordering his staff to boycott the White House correspondents dinner proves he has none. Obama slapped him down hard at the last one Trump attended.

After years of pushing the birther agenda Trump had it coming, and it was a pleasure for me to watch the scowl on his face as Obama used humor to put him in his place.

As a result, Trump reversed every common sense, positive decision that Obama ever made for the American people, just out of childish spite. 

America and the world can not afford his idiotic juvenile antics anymore.

His growing insanity has become obvious to everybody but Fox addicts.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.30  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    5 years ago

Did it ever occur to Trump that every word he says is scrutinized and maybe sometimes he should just stfu.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.31  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.30    5 years ago
Did it ever occur to Trump that every word he says is scrutinized and maybe sometimes he should just stfu.

Apparently one or more of his advisors have been telling him that for a long long time. And after he fires one, the replacement more often then not tells him the same thing. Also to stop his incessant tweeting. 

But he doesn't listen to them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.32  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.31    5 years ago

Also to stop his incessant tweeting. 

But he doesn't listen to them.

Who the F*** does he think he is...a friggin' bird?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.30    5 years ago

Apparently not.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.30    5 years ago

Funny, I think the same thing every time one of "the squad" open their mouths!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

This was already posted.  There should be a way that Newstalkers screens out the same thing being posted several times.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    5 years ago
This was already posted.  There should be a way that Newstalkers screens out the same thing being posted several times.

BTW in the past, when I discovered I made a duplicate post, if I was the second one to post it I deleted my post. (That never really bothered me to do that).

But fairly recently Perrie has informed me that deleted posts can get her in trouble with the people who run the hosting site somI shouldn;t do it (or at least do it more infrequently).

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

This was already posted.

Not to worry-- I wasn't being serious when I posted it!!!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
There should be a way that Newstalkers screens out the same thing being posted several times.  

Well, being serious for a moment (admittedly sometimes that can be difficult for me when I'm in this sort of a mood) ....Iremember that Newsvine (Peace be Upon Them!) used to have some sort of system for dealing with that. 

I don't remember the details-- whether it was some automated thing, perhaps an ALgore rhythm-- or whether live people monitored new posts. Also, I don't remember whether it was considered a violation of some sort or not?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
This was already posted. Not to worry--   I wasn't being serious when I posted it!!!

For some reason you are bordering on trolling , or at least "no value". 

Bored? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    5 years ago
For some reason you are bordering on trolling , or at least "no value".  Bored? 

Lately I'm often bored here-- too muc of the same political banter (from both sides). But in addition, wanted to get in a seed or two before the Stock market opens-- may be a volatile day!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @2.2.1    5 years ago

Yep.... Down 453 points right now.....

Sept. U.S. private payrolls grow slower than expected 

Ford falls as quarterly auto sales drop 

Recession leading indicators look to be on the rise....  Time will tell.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
(deleted)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @2.3    5 years ago
As you quite nastily responded to me one time on a different post - Why do you keep saying the same thing using different words?

Because over time I've noticed that sometimes some people don't get it the way I expressed it the first time so I say it again differently. (I realize that for the people who did "get it" the first time that can be annoying , but....)

Anyway I apologize. My intent was not to attack you. I should've indicated that-- it was just a way (ineffective as it turned out) to make a point about the "he wasn't being serious" defense. I should have explained it immediately.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.3.1    5 years ago

And then again-- realtively speaking, there are very few people in any discussion-- compared to what may well be large numbers of "lurkers"-- I usually direct much of what I say to them (which may or may not be a good idea).

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @2.3    5 years ago
this is all the traffic I'll give

On NV , having a lot of traffic was indeed a prime consideration for me. First for leaderboard (not Ego so much as a fun challenge). But then for actual $$$.

But here I'm not that into caring about traffic as much-- no $$$ , and I feed my Ego (when I'm into that) more easily offline. 

Here I articpate more for amusement, sometimes to interact with friends, and especially as a break from serious stuff (work)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2.3.1    5 years ago

No harm done.  I can be a bit sensitive sometimes.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2.3.3    5 years ago

I tried to delete that before you saw it.  I can be a bit overly sensitive sometimes.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3.6  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.5    5 years ago
I can be a bit overly sensitive sometimes. 

What ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

You ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

NO WAY ? jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif

I support YOU ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.4    5 years ago
No harm done.  I can be a bit sensitive sometimes.  

No problema!

And  can be a bit insensitive sometimes--- I'm a typical ENTP personality type. (sometimes called "The Debater"... Here's a bit about "Weaknesses" of ENTPs:

Very Argumentative  – If there’s anything Debaters enjoy, it’s the mental exercise of debating an idea, and nothing is sacred. More consensus-oriented personality types rarely appreciate the vigor with which Debater personalities tear down their beliefs and methods, leading to a great deal of tension.

Insensitive  – Being so rational, Debaters often misjudge others feelings and push their debates well past others’ tolerance levels. People with this personality type don’t really consider emotional points to be valid in such debates either, which magnifies the issue tremendously.

Intolerant  – Unless people are able to back up their ideas in a round of mental sparring, Debaters are likely to dismiss not just the ideas but the people themselves. Either a suggestion can stand up to rational scrutiny or it’s not worth bothering with.

Actually I'm pretty mellow for an ENTP!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Donny-Boy is stealing my ideas! I thought of a moat with alligators before he did....

....is he listening into my conversations?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago

Quick sand would be better and you don't have to feed it.