Trump : Before 9/11 No One Had Heard Of Osama bin Laden

By:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  60 comments

Trump : Before 9/11 No One Had Heard Of Osama bin Laden
Trump is bragging about how he wrote "a very successful book " in the late 1990's that warned the world about Osama bin Laden, but no one listened.

Trump is bragging about how he wrote "a very successful book " in the late 1990's that warned the world about Osama bin Laden, but no one listened.  Trump went on to say that prior to the Sept 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, "no one had heard of Osama bin Laden"

He was banished from Saudi Arabia in 1992, and shifted his base to Sudan , until U.S. pressure forced him to leave Sudan in 1996. After establishing a new base in Afghanistan, he declared a war against the United States, initiating a series of bombings and related attacks. [14] Bin Laden was on the American Federal Bureau of Investigation 's (FBI) lists of Ten Most Wanted Fugitives and Most Wanted Terrorists for his involvement in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings . [15] [16] [1 7]

Osama bin Laden: Worldwide Jihad

Emboldened, bin Laden and his associates embraced violent jihad in earnest. For example, they trained and armed the Somali rebels who killed 18 American servicemen in Mogadishu in 1993. They were also linked to the 1993 bombing of New York’s  World Trade Center ; the attempted assassination of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarek in 1995; the bombing of a U.S. National Guard training center in Riyadh that same year; and the truck bomb that destroyed the Khobar Towers, an American military residence in Dharan, in 1996.

Osama bin Laden: “Public Enemy #1

In an attempt to protect himself from arrest and win even more recruits to al Qaeda’s deadly cause, bin Laden moved from Sudan to Afghanistan in 1996. Meanwhile, the scale of al Qaeda’s attacks continued to increase. On August 7, 1998, bombs exploded simultaneously at the U.S. Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, where 213 people were killed and 4,500 were injured, and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, where 11 people were killed and 85 were injured. Al Qaeda took credit for the bombings. Then, on October 12, 2000, a small boat loaded with explosives plowed into the hull of the U.S.S. Cole, an American naval destroyer docked off the coast of Yemen. 17 sailors were killed and 38 were injured. Bin Laden took credit for that incident as well.

A federal grand jury in the United States indicted bin Laden on charges related to the embassy bombings, but with no defendant there could be no trial. Meanwhile, al Qaeda operatives were busy planning the biggest attack of all: the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon .

The idea that no one listened to Trump's warnings about bin Laden and thus we were unprepared on 9/11 is nonsense. Bin Laden was public enemy #1 on US law enforcement and counter intelligence lists. 

This points out once again, for the millionth time, that everything Trump says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He is a sick man, and obviously not qualified to lead our country. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Trump cant stop lying, and of course that fact calls everything he says into question. 

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

Who cares?

Old news.

Move on.

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Heartland American
1.1.1  Heartland American  replied to  WallyW @1.1    3 weeks ago

This must be the democrat response to Trump taking out the leader of ISIS last night....

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Heartland American @1.1.1    3 weeks ago

But, but, but....he said ISIS was defeated a long time ago by him.

Split Personality
1.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Heartland American @1.1.1    3 weeks ago

I thought the guy committed suicide? along with some similarly "armed" militants?

Must be a new definition of "taking someone out".

Heartland American
1.1.4  Heartland American  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

President Trump's  successful operation to take out Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sent Democrats scrambling on Sunday, as several top party leaders had complained publicly in recent days that the White House had  no "real plan"  to combat the terror group following the U.S. pullout in Syria.

In a dramatic sign of how Democrats' messaging apparently backfired, NBC's "Saturday Night Live" ran an ill-timed sketch suggesting that Trump had created "jobs" for ISIS -- just hours before the president held a news conference announcing al-Baghdadi's demise. The sketch aired around the time the two-hour late-night raid in northwest Syria was underway.

"It's genuinely fascinating watching Democrats in real-time struggle to figure out what to say about this," journalist Glenn Greenwald wrote on Sunday. "They want to be patriotic and anti-ISIS, but also need a way to malign Trump without contradicting their gushing Obama praise over [Usama bin Laden]: not an easy balancing act. Good luck!"

Through the day, the Democrats -- including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Foreign Relations Committee ranking member Bob Menendez and former Vice President Joe Biden -- seemingly settled on a new strategy. They praised the troops who executed the historic raid, while pointedly avoiding complimenting the president in any way.

Congressional Democrats also lamented that they were not informed in advance of the operation, while the Russian military was told so that their airspace could be used. The president suggested Sunday that Democrats in Congress, who have been conducting an impeachment inquiry against him that has been  fraught with leaked information to the media , were not notified before the raid  because of concerns  they might compromise the operation with leaks.

"I congratulate our special forces, our intelligence community, and all our brave military professionals on delivering justice to the terrorist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," Biden, one of the many Democrats seeking to unseat Trump in 2020, said. He went on to call on Trump to "keep up the pressure to prevent ISIS from ever regrouping or again threatening the United States."

Pelosi, meanwhile, praised the "heroism, dedication and skill of our military and our intelligence professionals and acknowledge the work of our partners in the region," then condemned Trump's "green-lighting of Turkish aggression into Syria against our Kurdish partners."

However, in May 2011, when President Obama announced Usama bin Laden's death, Pelosi, D-Calif.,  was much less reluctant  to praise the commander-in-chief.

"I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment," Pelosi said at the time.

Some commentators also noted that The Washington Post also had applied a different standard on Sunday than it did when bin Laden was killed. "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State, dies at 48," read a  head-turning, since-changed headline  in the Post.

The sympathetic obituary described the terror leader as “a shy, nearsighted youth who liked soccer but preferred to spend his free time at the local mosque” and noted that "despite the group’s extremist views and vicious tactics, Mr. Baghdadi maintained a canny pragmatism as leader."

But in  2011 , the Post's headline announcing bin Laden's death flatly called him the leader of a "terrorist group."

In her statement Sunday, Pelosi further demanded that the "House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top congressional leadership were notified of in advance, and on the administration’s overall strategy in the region."

That was a line of attack that had already resonated among progressive commentators and journalists on Twitter. CNBC reporter John Harwood remarked: "Trump didn’t give Pelosi advance word, indicating he didn’t trust her to keep intel secrets Pelosi was ranking Dem on Intel Committee. ... Trump gave top Russian officials classified info in Oval Office."

For his part, Menendez, D-N.J., on Sunday also steered clear of praising or saluting Trump, and instead exalted "our men and women in uniform who successfully executed the attack on a brutal murderer who mercilessly killed Americans, terrorized populations across the Middle East, and threatened regional peace and security."

The operation, Menendez said, "is a testament to the courage of our military who put their lives at risk every day to protect our nation, and a sobering reminder of the importance of sustained American leadership with reliable and capable partners on the ground, including the Syrian Democratic Forces and Iraqi military."

Republicans, on the other hand, called the ISIS leader's death the culmination of the Trump administration's campaign against the terror group. The so-called ISIS caliphate that dominated Iraq has largely crumbled under a withering barrage of airpower from U.S. and allied forces in the region.

GOP Tennessee Rep. Mark Green, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, praised the soldiers who carried out the raid, then added: "Of course, I commend the president. I mean, we got one bada-- president to make this kind of decision, and his statement this morning was awesome. It was awesome."

"We got one bada-- president to make this kind of decision, and his statement this morning was awesome. It was awesome." — GOP Tennessee Rep. Mark Green

Other Republicans echoed that sentiment, although with somewhat less colorful language.

"President Trump and the Trump administration had already largely decimated and destroyed ISIS -- the body of the snake," GOP Texas Rep. John Ratcliffe told Fox News'  "Sunday Morning Futures."  "But, yesterday they cut off the head of the snake in killing Baghdadi. "

Georgia GOP Rep. Doug Collins, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, suggested Trump's decision not to inform congressional Democrats in advance of the raid was sound.

"Anybody who looks to ISIS right now ought to look to their leader who went pretty, cowered in a corner and blew himself up," Collins said. He added that the "bigger story" was that Trump "can't get information from his own intel committee about Syria. It goes to show you that this president who has been attacked and who has been harassed by an impeachment probe for the last 10 months, while all of this is going on in the House... this president... kept his eye on the ball."

The spin commenced immediately after Trump's speech to the nation Sunday morning, when he announced that the ISIS leader -- a notorious murderer and rapist whom Trump called a "gutless animal" -- had died "in a vicious and violent way, as a coward, running and crying.”

al-Baghdadi detonated an explosive vest as U.S. Special Operations Forces stormed his compound in the Idlib Province, Trump said, killing him and three of his children.

"No personnel were lost in the operation, while a large number of Baghdadi’s fighters and companions were killed with him," Trump announced, adding that the U.S. recovered "highly sensitive" materials related to ISIS. "You are the very best anywhere in the world," Trump later said of the U.S. forces.

Trump said al-Baghdadi died while being chased down by U.S. forces in a tunnel, and that the ISIS leader was "whimpering and crying and screaming all the way."   https://www.foxnews.com/politics/baghdadi-democrats-trump-syria-pullback-isis

MrFrost
1.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Heartland American @1.1.4    3 weeks ago

Trump had nothing to do with his death. Nothing.

Split Personality
1.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.5    3 weeks ago

Neither did Mick Mulvaney. 

Poor Mick is like the Bud Light guy in the commercial where everyone is sneaking out to go partying elsewhere.

He found out AFTER the raid that he had obviously missed several important meetings about Baghdadi

and not been invited to the situation room when it went down.

SteevieGee
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

Trump's supporters had never heard of him.  Everybody else had known about him for years.

Paula Bartholomew
1.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    3 weeks ago

I know I did.

JohnRussell
1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

For those of you who thought I was exaggerating or mistaken about what Trump said, here, chew on this - 

Trump's exact words.   He is a piece of shit human being. 

"You know, if you read my book — there was a book just before the World Trade Center came down. And I don’t get any credit for this, but that’s okay. I never do. But here we are. I wrote a book — a, really, very successful book. And in that book, about a year before the World Trade Center was blown up, I said, “There is somebody named Osama bin Laden. You better kill him or take him out.” Something to that effect. ”He’s big trouble.”

Nobody ever heard of. I mean, al-Baghdadi everybody hears because he’s built this monster for a long time. But

nobody ever heard of Osama bin Laden until, really, the World Trade Center.

But about a year — you’ll have to check — a year, year and a half before the World Trade Center came down, the book came out. I was talking about Osama bin Laden. I said, “You have to kill him. You have to take him out.” Nobody listened to me.

And to this day, I get people coming up to me, and they said, “You know what one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen about you? Is that you predicted that Osama bin Laden had to be killed before he knocked down the World Trade Center.” It’s true. Now, most of the press doesn’t want to write that, but you know — but it is true. If you go back, look at my book. I think it was “The America We Deserve.” I made a prediction, and I — let’s put it this way: If they would have listened to me, a lot of things would have been different."

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/27/20934792/trump-isis-baghdadi-remarks-pelosi-intelligence

Buzz of the Orient
1.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    3 weeks ago

Maybe he would have been smarter to have said "Nobody CARED about Osama.....", if that's what he meant. Or maybe he just meant the public generally, rather than government officials.

I DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP.  HE IS NOT MY PRESIDENT, HE'S YOURS.  As it is, I'm stuck with having to tolerate Justin Trudeau until a vote of confidence that he loses is held.

In fact, there is not a present candidate, Democrat, Republican or Independent for POTUS in 2020 I would vote for if I could. But if Nikki Haley were running, I'd vote for her - Hell, I'd knock on doors for her.

Freedom Warrior
1.3.2  Freedom Warrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    3 weeks ago

Again you’ve convinced me why Trump is so needed in today’s world.

JohnRussell
1.3.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Freedom Warrior @1.3.2    3 weeks ago

I've got news for you. I don't give a fuck about what you are "convinced" of. 

JohnRussell
1.3.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    3 weeks ago
T rump Boasts He Called On U.S. To Kill Osama Bin Laden Before 9/11. He Didn't.

In a startling boast Sunday, President  Donald Trump  suggested that the  9/11 attack  on the World Trade Center could have been averted had America heeded his call nearly 20 years ago to kill terrorist leader  Osama bin Laden.

Trump claimed he warned of the serious danger bin Laden posed in his 2000 book, “The America We Deserve.”

He didn’t.

“In that book about a year before the World Trade Center was blown up, I said, ‘There’s somebody named Osama bin Laden. You’d better kill him or take him out,’” he insisted in his remarks after announcing the death of  ISIS  leader  Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  in a  U.S. military operation  on Saturday. He complained that he never “gets any credit” for that warning.

Trump also claimed that “nobody ever heard of” bin Laden when he published his book. In fact, bin Laden was on the  FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list in 1999  for U.S. embassy bombings — a year before the book was published.

“Nobody listened to me” about killing bin Laden, he complained. “Let’s put it this way, if they would have listened to me, a lot of things would have been different.” 

Trump referred to bin Laden once in the book as one of many shadowy figures being tracked by the U.S. as part of a confusing strategy. He did not characterize him as a particularly notable threat, nor call for his death.

He wrote: “One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

The passage reveals that bin Laden was clearly known to American officials at the time and was being tracked as a threat — without any heads up from Trump. 

Trump also referred in the book to a likely terror attack that would dwarf the earlier 1993 bombing at the World Trade Center in 1993. But he did not mention any links to al Qaeda — or bin Laden. 

Trump claimed Sunday that people still marvel at how prescient he was about bin Laden so long ago.

“To this day, I get people coming up to me,” he noted. “They said, ‘You know what one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen about you is that you predicted that Osama bin Laden had to be killed before he knocked down the World Trade Center.’ It’s true. Now, most of the press doesn’t want to write that ... but, you know, it is true. If you go back, look at my book.”

Freedom Warrior
1.3.5  Freedom Warrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.3    3 weeks ago

No news is good news

Split Personality
1.3.6  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.1    3 weeks ago
But if Nikki Haley were running, I'd vote for her - Hell, I'd knock on doors for her.

YOU cannot vote here, sorry.  Give up the illusion.

Buzz of the Orient
1.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.6    3 weeks ago

LOL. You can't prevent me from dreaming.  

Heartland American
1.3.8  Heartland American  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.3    3 weeks ago

Likewise. 

Split Personality
1.3.9  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.7    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

XDm9mm
2  XDm9mm    3 weeks ago
Bin Laden was public enemy #1 on US law enforcement and counter intelligence lists. 

Why then did Bill Clinton ignore him when provided the intelligence to get him....  BEFORE 9/11?

You are aware then, that had Bill Clinton acted on that information, in all likelihood, the events that transpired on 9/11/2001 never would have happened and we would not now find ourselves in the position we are in?

JohnRussell
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2    3 weeks ago

Why is Trump a sick pathological liar?

I accept Al Baghdadi is dead, but not because Donald Trump said so.  I'm not that gullible. 

XDm9mm
2.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 weeks ago
Why is Trump a sick pathological liar?

Can't address what I indicated in my post?  Your Trump hatred is on full display, as usual.  THANKS!!!

JohnRussell
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

Why should I respond to what you say when you dont respond to what I say. 

Bill Clintons actions or inactions about Bin Laden have NOTHING to do with Trump lying. 

Nothing. 

This article isnt about Clinton, its about Trump being a pathological liar. 

XDm9mm
2.1.3  XDm9mm  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 weeks ago
Why should I respond to what you say when you dont respond to what I say. 

Did Trump write about him in a book?   I don't know, do you?

I DO know that had Clinton done what HE should have done, we would likely not be in the situation we're in and tens of thousands of Americans would not have been killed and injured since 9/11/01.  PERIOD

SteevieGee
2.1.4  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.3    3 weeks ago
Did Trump write about him in a book?   I don't know, do you?

If Trump wasn't such a liar you would know because you would be able to trust his word.

SteevieGee
2.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.3    3 weeks ago

Kind of made John's point there.

XDm9mm
2.1.6  XDm9mm  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.4    3 weeks ago
If Trump wasn't such a liar you would know because you would be able to trust his word.

Nope.  I've never read any of his books.  See how simple that is?

XDm9mm
2.1.7  XDm9mm  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.5    3 weeks ago
Kind of made John's point there.

That Clinton made the worst FUBAR this country ever had to suffer?  Thanks for the admission.

Heartland American
2.1.8  Heartland American  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    3 weeks ago

This article is a sick deflection away from Trump successfully finishing off the leader of ISIS.  

Paula Bartholomew
2.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.4    3 weeks ago

My husband was an avid reader, especially any book dealing with the subject Trump is boasting about writing.  If there was a book on the subject, he had it.  It was not in the branch library my husband turned my house into.  Does anyone know if that book even exists except in Trump's imagination?  Also, if it was such a great book, why didn't he say the name of it in his statement?  I think because it never existed to begin with.  Then again, maybe he did do a manuscript that was never submitted.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this only because I also wrote a book after returning from Desert Storm called War Is Hell But The Shopping Was Great.  I never submitted it because half of my unit, although I never named names, would have kicked my ass over some things I revealed.

SteevieGee
2.1.10  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.6    3 weeks ago
I've never read any of his books. 

No surprise there.  I guess my comment just went way over your head.

SteevieGee
2.1.11  SteevieGee  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.9    3 weeks ago
Does anyone know if that book even exists except in Trump's imagination?

If it does exist you can bet that Trump has never even read it much less written it.

XDm9mm
2.1.12  XDm9mm  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.10    3 weeks ago
No surprise there.

Pathetic attempt at denigrating me SteevieGee, truly pathetic.

SteevieGee
2.1.13  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.12    3 weeks ago

I'm not going to explain it to you.

Dulay
2.1.14  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.3    3 weeks ago
Did Trump write about him in a book? 

He mentioned bin Laden in passing ONCE. Nothing about 'warning the world' or taking him out'. That's Trump doing what he does best, lying. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.1.15  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.9    3 weeks ago

I found this from a NY Times article published a year ago.  

Mr. Trump’s claim that he delivered a prescient warning about Bin Laden is hyperbolic. His book, “The America We Deserve,” which was published in January 2000, contains one reference to Bin Laden in 304 pages:

“One day we’re all assured that Iraq is under control, the U.N. inspectors have done their work, everything’s fine, not to worry. The next day the bombing begins. One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jet fighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis. 

Buzz of the Orient
2.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.15    3 weeks ago
"One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jet fighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis."

If I had read that back then, I would have just assumed that Trump considered him to be an insignificant figure, one of many, not one to be concerned about.  But it did mean that HE knew about him, and if HE did, why would not others who were not among the government officials concerned with terrorism not know about him?

MrFrost
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @2    3 weeks ago
Why then did Bill Clinton ignore him when provided the intelligence to get him....  BEFORE 9/11?

The one chance that Clinton had to kill OBL was when he was in a building with 400+ women and children. 

Not sure I could pull the trigger knowing I would be killing women and children just to kill one guy. 

Bill Clinton also told GWB that OBL should be his #1 concern, but Bush said he disagreed and push for his war in Iraq. (I have looked for the word for word transcripts of the meeting, but I can't find them). 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/clinton-says-he-warned-bush-on-bin-laden-1.504928

But... GWB, 6 months after 9/11/01, said he didn't know where OBL was and didn't really care about, "just one guy". 

So, we can talk about Clinton missing opportunities over the course of 2 years, but then we can discuss the 7 years Bush wasn't even looking for him. 

XDm9mm
2.2.1  XDm9mm  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    3 weeks ago
The one chance that Clinton had to kill OBL was when he was in a building with 400+ women and children.  Not sure I could pull the trigger knowing I would be killing women and children just to kill one guy.

First, that was the best opportunity he had.  But he did have others.

Second, did we not have special operators in that time period?  You know, like CIA Ground Branch, NAVY SEALS, Marine Force Recon, how about Army Rangers and Special Forces?

But... GWB, 6 months after 9/11/01, said he didn't know where OBL was and didn't really care about, "just one guy". 

Bin Laden was on the radar, but the primary point then was to destroy as much as possible of the entire operation and their Afghanistan protectors.   And we did have people on the hunt for Bin Laden.....   I knew a good number of them.

MrFrost
2.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.1    3 weeks ago
First, that was the best opportunity he had.  But he did have others.

After doing some more reading, I stand corrected, he did have more than one chance. 

Bin Laden was on the radar, but the primary point then was to destroy as much as possible of the entire operation and their Afghanistan protectors.   And we did have people on the hunt for Bin Laden.....   I knew a good number of them.

So you want to slam Clinton for not killing OBL, but then give Bush a pass for not even trying to kill OBL? After 9/11, Bush didn't even look for the person that organized it but you stick with, "it's Clinton's fault"? That makes literally no sense at all. 

Bush wanted to disrupt their operations in Afghanistan by attacking Iraq? Again, that makes no sense. 

XDm9mm
2.2.3  XDm9mm  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.2    3 weeks ago
After 9/11, Bush didn't even look for the person that organized it but you stick with, "it's Clinton's fault"?

One can only surmise that you missed this salient point in my response to you.

And we did have people on the hunt for Bin Laden.....   I knew a good number of them.

There was an entire task force dedicated to hunting down Bin Laden.  That it was not broadcast to the world was simply due to people at the time knowing how to keep secrets and the concept of 'need to know'.   

Oh, I've told you on too numerous occasions to count that I believed Bush made his own FUBAR concerning Iraq.   But, show me exactly where in my post I even alluded to such a thing.

SteevieGee
2.2.4  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.1    3 weeks ago

And yet, 8 years later Bush had failed to get him.  I suppose that was Clinton's fault too. 

lady in black
2.2.5  lady in black  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.4    3 weeks ago

Of course it is jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

XDm9mm
2.2.6  XDm9mm  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.4    3 weeks ago
And yet, 8 years later Bush had failed to get him. 

Not for a lack of trying.  As I noted, there was an entire task force dedicated to the task.  It involved not only the CIA, but detailees from the DIA and operators from all branches of the military.

I suppose that was Clinton's fault too.

Only in that he allowed him to live when he had the opportunity to kill him.

SteevieGee
2.2.7  SteevieGee  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.6    3 weeks ago

Can you tell me who did get him?  I'll bet you can't.

MUVA
2.2.8  MUVA  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.7    3 weeks ago

It wasn't Obama I know pretty much all the guys on that  mission Obama wasn't one of them.

Dulay
2.2.9  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.6    3 weeks ago
Not for a lack of trying.  Only in that he allowed him to live when he had the opportunity to kill him.

So then Bush is responsible too.

One of my friends is a retired Navy Intel Commander who was recalled after 9/11 and he watched from Turkey as Bush let bin Laden walk out of Tora Bora. They went through 4 different requests for a greenlight. He said that people were freaking out as they were forced to watch while bin Laden walked into Pakistan. After that he refused to extend his tour so they dumped him in a shithole 'safehouse' in Libya for his last 3 months. 

SteevieGee
2.2.10  SteevieGee  replied to  MUVA @2.2.8    3 weeks ago

Gone are the days when Mr. bone spur would ever be allowed to lead his men into combat but you'll give him credit for it because someone ghost wrote a book for him.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
2.2.13  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.7    3 weeks ago
Can you tell me who did get him?  I'll bet you can't.

This silly thing still makes me laugh.

MUVA
2.2.14  MUVA  replied to  SteevieGee @2.2.10    3 weeks ago

I didn't give him credit nor do I give Obama credit for something he didn't take part in.

Trout Giggles
2.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.13    3 weeks ago

That was hilarious!

Trout Giggles
2.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @2.2.14    3 weeks ago

Are you going to give trmp credit for getting al-Baghadi even tho he didn't take part in it?

MrFrost
2.2.17  MrFrost  replied to  MUVA @2.2.8    3 weeks ago

And trump didn't get this terrorist.

XDm9mm
2.2.18  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.16    3 weeks ago
Are you going to give trmp credit for getting al-Baghadi even tho he didn't take part in it?

Didn't you and others give Obama credit, and still do?

XDm9mm
2.2.19  XDm9mm  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.17    3 weeks ago
And trump didn't get this terrorist.

The Obama didn't get Bin Laden.  

But in truth, neither man got the scumbag.....   Special Operators did.  Period, end of story.

Trout Giggles
2.2.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.18    3 weeks ago

You're going around in circles.

If you give trmp credit for Baghadi, then you have to give Obama credit for bin Laden

Just Jim NC TttH
2.2.21  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.20    3 weeks ago

And the inverse is also true...................

XDm9mm
2.2.22  XDm9mm  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.20    3 weeks ago
You're going around in circles. If you give trmp credit for Baghadi, then you have to give Obama credit for bin Laden

See post # 2.2.19 and READ THIS:

But in truth, neither man got the scumbag.....   Special Operators did.  Period, end of story.

Thrawn 31
3  Thrawn 31    3 weeks ago

He had been a known entity since the 80s... fuck Trump is stupid. How is it that he can have access to more information than anyone on Earth, and yet I am more well informed on basic security matters?