╌>

Trump : Before 9/11 No One Had Heard Of Osama bin Laden

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  60 comments

Trump : Before 9/11 No One Had Heard Of Osama bin Laden
Trump is bragging about how he wrote "a very successful book " in the late 1990's that warned the world about Osama bin Laden, but no one listened.

Trump is bragging about how he wrote "a very successful book " in the late 1990's that warned the world about Osama bin Laden, but no one listened.  Trump went on to say that prior to the Sept 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, "no one had heard of Osama bin Laden"

He was banished from Saudi Arabia in 1992, and shifted his base to Sudan , until U.S. pressure forced him to leave Sudan in 1996. After establishing a new base in Afghanistan, he declared a war against the United States, initiating a series of bombings and related attacks. [14] Bin Laden was on the American Federal Bureau of Investigation 's (FBI) lists of Ten Most Wanted Fugitives and Most Wanted Terrorists for his involvement in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings . [15] [16] [1 7]

Osama bin Laden: Worldwide Jihad

Emboldened, bin Laden and his associates embraced violent jihad in earnest. For example, they trained and armed the Somali rebels who killed 18 American servicemen in Mogadishu in 1993. They were also linked to the 1993 bombing of New York’s  World Trade Center ; the attempted assassination of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarek in 1995; the bombing of a U.S. National Guard training center in Riyadh that same year; and the truck bomb that destroyed the Khobar Towers, an American military residence in Dharan, in 1996.

Osama bin Laden: “Public Enemy #1

In an attempt to protect himself from arrest and win even more recruits to al Qaeda’s deadly cause, bin Laden moved from Sudan to Afghanistan in 1996. Meanwhile, the scale of al Qaeda’s attacks continued to increase. On August 7, 1998, bombs exploded simultaneously at the U.S. Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, where 213 people were killed and 4,500 were injured, and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, where 11 people were killed and 85 were injured. Al Qaeda took credit for the bombings. Then, on October 12, 2000, a small boat loaded with explosives plowed into the hull of the U.S.S. Cole, an American naval destroyer docked off the coast of Yemen. 17 sailors were killed and 38 were injured. Bin Laden took credit for that incident as well.

A federal grand jury in the United States indicted bin Laden on charges related to the embassy bombings, but with no defendant there could be no trial. Meanwhile, al Qaeda operatives were busy planning the biggest attack of all: the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon .

The idea that no one listened to Trump's warnings about bin Laden and thus we were unprepared on 9/11 is nonsense. Bin Laden was public enemy #1 on US law enforcement and counter intelligence lists. 

This points out once again, for the millionth time, that everything Trump says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He is a sick man, and obviously not qualified to lead our country. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump cant stop lying, and of course that fact calls everything he says into question. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Trump's supporters had never heard of him.  Everybody else had known about him for years.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    5 years ago

I know I did.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

For those of you who thought I was exaggerating or mistaken about what Trump said, here, chew on this - 

Trump's exact words.   He is a piece of shit human being. 

"You know, if you read my book — there was a book just before the World Trade Center came down. And I don’t get any credit for this, but that’s okay. I never do. But here we are. I wrote a book — a, really, very successful book. And in that book, about a year before the World Trade Center was blown up, I said, “There is somebody named Osama bin Laden. You better kill him or take him out.” Something to that effect. ”He’s big trouble.”

Nobody ever heard of. I mean, al-Baghdadi everybody hears because he’s built this monster for a long time. But

nobody ever heard of Osama bin Laden until, really, the World Trade Center.

But about a year — you’ll have to check — a year, year and a half before the World Trade Center came down, the book came out. I was talking about Osama bin Laden. I said, “You have to kill him. You have to take him out.” Nobody listened to me.

And to this day, I get people coming up to me, and they said, “You know what one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen about you? Is that you predicted that Osama bin Laden had to be killed before he knocked down the World Trade Center.” It’s true. Now, most of the press doesn’t want to write that, but you know — but it is true. If you go back, look at my book. I think it was “The America We Deserve.” I made a prediction, and I — let’s put it this way: If they would have listened to me, a lot of things would have been different."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    5 years ago

Maybe he would have been smarter to have said "Nobody CARED about Osama.....", if that's what he meant. Or maybe he just meant the public generally, rather than government officials.

I DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP.  HE IS NOT MY PRESIDENT, HE'S YOURS.  As it is, I'm stuck with having to tolerate Justin Trudeau until a vote of confidence that he loses is held.

In fact, there is not a present candidate, Democrat, Republican or Independent for POTUS in 2020 I would vote for if I could. But if Nikki Haley were running, I'd vote for her - Hell, I'd knock on doors for her.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.3.2    5 years ago

I've got news for you. I don't give a fuck about what you are "convinced" of. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3    5 years ago
T rump Boasts He Called On U.S. To Kill Osama Bin Laden Before 9/11. He Didn't.

In a startling boast Sunday, President  Donald Trump  suggested that the  9/11 attack  on the World Trade Center could have been averted had America heeded his call nearly 20 years ago to kill terrorist leader  Osama bin Laden.

Trump claimed he warned of the serious danger bin Laden posed in his 2000 book, “The America We Deserve.”

He didn’t.

“In that book about a year before the World Trade Center was blown up, I said, ‘There’s somebody named Osama bin Laden. You’d better kill him or take him out,’” he insisted in his remarks after announcing the death of  ISIS  leader  Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  in a  U.S. military operation  on Saturday. He complained that he never “gets any credit” for that warning.

Trump also claimed that “nobody ever heard of” bin Laden when he published his book. In fact, bin Laden was on the  FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list in 1999  for U.S. embassy bombings — a year before the book was published.

“Nobody listened to me” about killing bin Laden, he complained. “Let’s put it this way, if they would have listened to me, a lot of things would have been different.” 

Trump referred to bin Laden once in the book as one of many shadowy figures being tracked by the U.S. as part of a confusing strategy. He did not characterize him as a particularly notable threat, nor call for his death.

He wrote: “One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

The passage reveals that bin Laden was clearly known to American officials at the time and was being tracked as a threat — without any heads up from Trump. 

Trump also referred in the book to a likely terror attack that would dwarf the earlier 1993 bombing at the World Trade Center in 1993. But he did not mention any links to al Qaeda — or bin Laden. 

Trump claimed Sunday that people still marvel at how prescient he was about bin Laden so long ago.

“To this day, I get people coming up to me,” he noted. “They said, ‘You know what one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen about you is that you predicted that Osama bin Laden had to be killed before he knocked down the World Trade Center.’ It’s true. Now, most of the press doesn’t want to write that ... but, you know, it is true. If you go back, look at my book.”

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.6  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.1    5 years ago
But if Nikki Haley were running, I'd vote for her - Hell, I'd knock on doors for her.

YOU cannot vote here, sorry.  Give up the illusion.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.6    5 years ago

LOL. You can't prevent me from dreaming.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.3    5 years ago

Likewise. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.9  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.7    5 years ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

He had been a known entity since the 80s... fuck Trump is stupid. How is it that he can have access to more information than anyone on Earth, and yet I am more well informed on basic security matters?