╌>

Breeders' Cup horse named 'Covfefe' wins $1M race

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Sam Dorman, Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

Breeders' Cup horse named 'Covfefe' wins $1M race

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A thoroughbred named after one of President Trump's signature Twitter lines came home a winner Saturday at the Breeders' Cup in Southern California.

Covfefe, a 3-year-old filly, won the $1 million Filly & Mare Sprint by three-quarters of a length under jockey Joel Rosario at Santa Anita Park.

Sent off as the 3-2 favorite with a late surge of money by bettors, Covfefe paid $5 to win. She ran seven furlongs in 1:22.40. Bellafina was second and Dawn the Destroyer took third.
FLASHBACK: TRUMP TWEETS 'COVFEFE,' CAUSES TWITTER FRENZY

Covfefe's unusual name was bestowed on her by co-owner Jamie Roth, who runs the LNJ Foxwoods stable, after she saw a Trump tweet in May 2017 complaining of "constant negative press covfefe."

“We gave the name to her because we thought she was special and we thought the name was kind of funny," Roth told USA Today. Embracing the spirit of the name, the horse even has her own Twitter account that pokes fun at the president. Titled "RealCovfefeRacehorse," the account often plays off of Trump's statements online.

"The Greatest #CovfefeHunt In American History!" the account tweeted on Thursday, clearly playing off of Trump's "witch hunt" label for the impeachment inquiry.

Roth said she hasn't heard from the White House and generally tries not to get too political.

“He’s not for me, but obviously he is for some other people," she said of Trump. "He just doesn’t stand for the things that I believe it. But I believe in Covfefe.’’

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Covfefe!

Where's Kavika?!  Kav - what do you bet Trump wants a cut of the million-dollar prize?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago
Where's Kavika?!  Kav - what do you bet Trump wants a cut of the million-dollar prize?

I'm sure that he will...

As a side note, this was a ''one-horse race''...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

This could be uncovfefeable.

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @1.1    5 years ago
This could be uncovfefeable.

That would be a horse of a different color.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    5 years ago

Orange?  A very different color, indeed.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2  pat wilson    5 years ago

Hamberder ran a close fourth !

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  pat wilson @2    5 years ago

Unpresidented!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

Trump comes up with the best horse names.  Bigly.  I heard Covfefe had bone spurs as a yearling, but that must have been fake news.  Tremendous win.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3    5 years ago

Professor Guide
3.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    5 years ago

I've never realized until this moment that Trump closely resembles a nightmare-ishly floppy horses head.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Geeze that is all we need, Trump probably tweeting that he had something to do with it other than a word that does not exist.

Professor Guide
4.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    5 years ago
Geeze that is all we need, Trump probably tweeting that he had something to do with it

Of course he will.  After all, he has the best words.jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.2    5 years ago

everyone he knows tells him of his unmatched ability to create the most amazing words that the world has never seen before

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

If you want to watch a "feel-good" movie about a horse winning the Breeders' Cup, watch 'Dreamer', a 2005 movie starring Kurt Russell, Dakota Fanning, Kris Kristofferson....

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    5 years ago

Of all of the horse movies, that is one of my favorites.  I also loved Secretariat because I watched the race from my dorm.  When I saw him pull so far ahead all I could think was "Are you fing kidding me!"  I was screaming so loudly that I lost my voice.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

" A thoroughbred named after one of President Trump's signature Twitter lines came home a winner Saturday at the Breeders' Cup in Southern California.
Covfefe, a 3-year-old filly, won the $1 million Filly & Mare Sprint by three-quarters of a length under jockey Joel Rosario at Santa Anita Park."

An Omen of Trump winning the 2020 Election ? jrSmiley_102_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Enoch
Masters Quiet
8  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear SMAAB: My question for and to Covfefe is, Why the long face?

Enoch (Long in the tooth)